Transfer listed players: Asking prices too low? [14.2.2]

Currently playing as Newcastle and just finished season 2 (started as 14.2.1 and patched recently - no editor usage). A number of high profile players seem to be available for remarkable low prices. Rooney and Negredo are listed by request for £7.5m. Jovetic is not needed by City and available for £4.5m.

Also struggling to get even base value for any of my players. Had to offload Debuchy for £8m despite his profile value showing as £11.75m and interest from multiple clubs.

Anyone else seeing similar isues?

I offered to sell Debuchy but didn't list him. Which might well be why less was offered. To be honest I'm not overly concerned with that but the asking prices for Rooney etc seem like an anomaly to me. He has 3 years left on his contract and Negredo and Jovetic have 2.

(Rooney wants to leave for a new challenge as United won PL + CL in season 1 playing a fluid 4-2-3-1 - bug surely!?!)

Rooney isn't set to not needed. He's asked to leave. Also, worth mentioning at this point that there isn't a single club interested in his services. Arsenal are the only club looking at Negredo but haven't bid and it's now August.

Ive tried selling Rooney myself in game on a few occasions and nobody is ever interested. Maybe its wages putting clubs off, or a combination of transfer fee and wages but I can never seem to sell him. (I dont think selling a 29/30 year old Rooney IRL would ever be a problem regardless of wages or transfer fee)

Bug? Not at all. If they've been that successful in the first season then they've obviously dominated, and where's the challenge if you're playing for a team that is well ahead of the other teams around them?

Moving to a big club that hadn't had as much success would present a proper challenge, that of trying to drive them on to success that they hadn't had in recent years.

I was just being sarcastic there. Sorry. I've been to all United's home games this season and I think there's more chance of Moyes doing his press conferences in Mandarin than there is of him deploying such a tactic IRL.

Archived