Is there a stat for dilly-dallying?

Apologies to non-native English speakers for use of the phrase "dilly-dallying".

I have a good regen striker who does well but often times when he receives the ball in the box he holds onto it for too long and gets tackled or allows the defence to get into place to block, it's a bit frustrating but I don't know what I should do to get him taking more snap-shots. I know there's the PPM "tries first time shots", which i've already trained into him, but is there anything else that should help?

Strange that I never noticed it in my other forwards, although now that I think about it I did throw a cushion at the screen and punch the wall because I got fed up of my defenders standing there doing nothing with the ball while an opposition player takes the ball and scores. Must be part of the same problem. Thanks all.

See, I've noticed a few players who are prone to this as well.

What kind of player is he? If he's not very creative and technically lacking for your tactical game then it can cause problems.

For example, I tend to notice it with defensive players who lack vision and passing ability and some mental attributes - basically it all comes together to cause them to panic on the ball and freeze up a bit.

Does it happen with different players in the same position as him?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived