FM14: RB Leipzig - Red Bull have given you wings

mr_whitey

Right, bored of this now. Keep it on topic, if you have anything other than discussion about your Football Manager experience with RB Leipzig then take it to the relevant place.

That also means the people replying, just report it and I will sort it, Thank you.

I have been having some success with my 4-2-3-1 formation with Rockenbach as my AMC but I'm struggling when playing the higher quality teams in D3.

Need to work on a defensive tactic that I can either start with then change to my 4-2-3-1 formation or vice versa depending on the opponent. I'm thinking of a simple chance of AMC to AMC which won't require too much changing about mid-game, could probably make the change without having to make a sub. Has anyone had much success with this?

Really enjoying this save, can't remember the last time I actually took my time with every aspect of the club and not just smashing in 'continue'.

Made few signings in the first window, 1 free transfer and a few loans to cover key areas. A major coup in loaning Yesil from Liverpool as back up to Fahn as I will be using Poulson as my AMR I believe.

What role is everyone deploying Frahn in?

Struggling for goals currently as my TM.

I played him as complete forward on attack duty and he was supported by either a false 9 or a target man (both on support). Usually he gets around 20 goals for me too. Frahn even finished top scorer in our first season in the Bundesliga!

Sorry for the lack of updates from my game, I'm just about to start my 2nd season in the Bundesliga having just missed out on Europe in my first season there, finished 7th, 1pt behind the last Europa Cup spot. Really enjoyable game so far. Poulsen one of key players still, not many originals left in my starting linup now, Frahn still about but not a regular now.

Started my annual save with Leipzig on 14.3 patch, having had a save with them every iteration since FM11. I'm using a 4-2DM-3-1 variant of my possession-based 4-3-3 and currently sit atop 3.Liga with 32 points from 15 games, with both Kiel and Darmstadt 4 points behind. I've signed 4 players, all on frees: Mehdi Nafti, Ali Bilgin, Ridvan Avci and Anders Gorlitz. All but Avci are starting players. I've set myself a little rule, that all players who cost a transfer fee must be German. Frees and loans may be any nationality. Sold three of the newgens that were generated in the youth team for a combined £600k, and were only rated as having potential to be top 3.Liga players, and had poor attribute spread. Been unlucky with injuries, which has given chances to Schmidt and Thomalla in particular. Was disappointed to see that Bastian Schulz has left and that Rockenbach is out on loan since FM13, but we're doing well enough without them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started a save up with RB Leipzig today too,Managed to sign Omar Milanetto,Ali Bilgin,Moise Bambara,Andreas Ibertsberger,Stefan Maierhofer all on a free,the latter two looking very good for a team in this level indeed.Quite a lot of players though in the club that is pretty hard to get rid of to be honest but not really too bothered about that just now.

Tactics wise i am using a 4-2-3-1 formation that i designed myself very decent in previous saves so we will see how we go here,feeling quite optimistic.

Pre season went quite well with wins over three P/T czech teams,a defeat by AGF Aarhus,and a good one nil win at home over Stoke City.

Started a save up with RB Leipzig today too,Managed to sign Omar Milanetto,Ali Bilgin,Moise Bambara,Andreas Ibertsberger,Stefan Maierhofer all on a free,the latter two looking very good for a team in this level indeed.Quite a lot of players though in the club that is pretty hard to get rid of to be honest but not really too bothered about that just now.

Tactics wise i am using a 4-2-3-1 formation that i designed myself very decent in previous saves so we will see how we go here,feeling quite optimistic.

Pre season went quite well with wins over three P/T czech teams,a defeat by AGF Aarhus,and a good one nil win at home over Stoke City.

Ali Bilgin was massive for me in the first season, and Bambara was a solid midfielder as well. I also brought in Mikel Alonso (Xabi Alonso's brother) who was a beast too, linking up so well with Bilgin.

Archived