dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over the initial holiday season, the previously unplayable teams always tend to bring in enough players to easily make up a full starting 11 plus subs.

Yeah I haven't got into it yet but I took Bury Town and they have 24 players but 5 are GK and 7 CM. Plus all are off contract at 3rd July except the regens and one other non contract player. Gonna let most of the CM go and bring in some balance to the squad. I have a leading championship PA player who won't sign from his youth contract. Luckily his CA isn't good enough to be attracting top teams though.

Good luck with Met Police. They're a really low rep club. The first season or two may be a struggle.

Thanks, i like a good challenge and Met Police were too interesting a club to turn down - Season is just about finished...

Hopefully you can make a push for promotion this Season baronia - Feel for you with the financial troubles.

Congrats on the promotion Tecmo - Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue ... There i've ran out of motto's for you ...

Ah man, that's crappy luck. Hope you get through your current season and have a good cup run.

Hopefully you can make a push for promotion this Season baronia - Feel for you with the financial troubles.

Cheers guys - I managed to whip through the season on my day off yesterday so I'll post an update tonight/tomorrow.

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2014/15

League | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers | Finances

Not a bad season to start my career with Bury Town. Two factors were decisive in our performance: we never had long runs of bad results which could have been terrible to the squad's morale, and we had a good overall quality of players.

We lost some matches that we shouldn't have, but we finished the league in a place we deserved. We were in the playoff zone for the most parto of the season but could only secure it in the last match. In the playoffs we drew Lincoln and they were the better team and deserved to win.

Next season we'll try to do better, whatever that means. Going to the playoffs is always good but there's nothing better than winning the league and win promotion along with a nice trophy.

Career Overview

Season     Division         Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Skrill North     5th

Unlucky kingjericho. You were very close to promotion. You can do it next season!
I really want to get through seasons quicker, but can't seem to. I finish all my transfers early, but still take far longer than I'd like to get through a season. How do you all do it so fast?
In my case I like not to watse too much time on the matches. I have it on key highlights, 2d classic view. I have the Ass Man taking care of press conferences and pre season friendlies. So what takes most of my time really is the scouting.

I really want to get through seasons quicker, but can't seem to. I finish all my transfers early, but still take far longer than I'd like to get through a season. How do you all do it so fast?

For me, due to work and real life getting in the way, I don't get a chance to play the game for too long - but when I end up with a weekend off and my girlfriend is out, I pretty much slob and spend most of my day playing FM and watching TV - as was the case this weekend just gone.

My next realistic chance to play the game at any length will be this Sunday - though I should be able to squeeze a handful of games in before then.

MetPolice_zps635b95de.jpeg

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2014/15

League Table | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers

A 9 game unbeaten run was how Met Police kicked off their clubs first ever season in the 6th Tier of English football. The club then suffered 2 straight losses (including the FA Cup 3rd Qual rd versus Dorchester) before a second 9 game unbeaten run (albeit with 8 draws over the 2 runs) pretty much meant that the club would be hitting it's target of staying in the Division. Only once did the team manage to string together 3 wins on the bounce though and if it wasn't for scraping a lot of draws we may of struggled. With our small budget we worked on a very small squad a few injury crisis' saw us have to use the Loan system to opur advantage, we still went out a few times without being able to fill the bench. A final unbeaten run at the end of the season (10 games including the playoffs) saw us enter and then win the playoffs, we drew all 3 playoff matches going though on Penalties in the semis and Final, Dorchester were our semi final opponants who we had just beaten in the final match of the season 1-0. We went on to beat Basingstoke (who we had failed to beat during the regular season) 5-4 on Pens.

Playoff Final vs Basingstoke.

I was extremely pleased to be named Skrill South Manager of the Season!!!

Youth Candidate's;

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - Profile | Coach Report

The Club will be playing it's Home games at Sutton F.C's The Boro Sports Ground until December 9th next season due to work needed to upgrade the Met Police Sports ground to Skrill Premier standards.

Key Players;

Ty Smith - Mostly played as a Box to Box midfielder, but can fill in at either Full Back/Wing Back position.

James Tyrrell - Bossed the center of our defense, was a rock.

Will Bor - Was another reason our Midfield was so strong, developed well over the season and should hopefully continue to improve.

Fans Player of the Season: Craig Watkins - Had a great season, i re-trained him to move inside and play behind a front target man, has scored 45 goals in 124 appearances in 2 spells at the club.

Seasons Best XI

We have quite the mountain to climb in the Skrill Premier. We turned professional and expanded our scouting to the rest of the British Isles, so those are positives. But I screwed up in letting all of my staff walk except for one scout. Now the board isn't willing to pay anyone else enough to accept a job with us. Managed to find an assistant coach by scouring retiring players but he and my scout are alone on the staff. Didn't really increase our budget either so we have the 2nd lowest payroll and are almost tapped out.

But, we won our first game on the road, beating fellow Skrill South promotee Chelmsford once again.

We have quite the mountain to climb in the Skrill Premier. We turned professional and expanded our scouting to the rest of the British Isles, so those are positives. But I screwed up in letting all of my staff walk except for one scout. Now the board isn't willing to pay anyone else enough to accept a job with us. Managed to find an assistant coach by scouring retiring players but he and my scout are alone on the staff. Didn't really increase our budget either so we have the 2nd lowest payroll and are almost tapped out.

But, we won our first game on the road, beating fellow Skrill South promotee Chelmsford once again.

I just did the same thing! My staff were all hoping for a pay increase which I simply cannot fund, so I let all of them go - with the exception of a scout and a physio. It's taken some serious searching to find people willing to accept a contract..

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2015/16

Great season for us, like I said last season there's no better feeling than winning the league trophy and avoiding the nerve-wrecking playoffs and we did just that. At times I thought we could only aim for the playoffs again, but in this league no result is ever a surprise and the teams are constantly swapping places.

We managed to hold on to the lead after the 32nd match (we had a quick lead in the 24th match but lost that immediately) and never let it go, with hard-earned wins and some infuriating losses. The main goal was achieved in a crazy season: it's crazy to know that at a point we were sitting in 5th and the board were going to sack me if I didn't win the following match! Fortunately I did :)

This year's youth intake had a pleasant surprise. Gary James can be a valid option to the first team, which is good since our wage budget was way over the limit this season.

Next season I don't want to get our hopes up and the goal is just to survive. Whatever happens besides that is good.

Career Overview

2015/16    Skrill North     1st          Promotion

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2017/18 - Skrill North

Competitions

FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 4th round

Skrill North - 17th (*10 point deduction)

Season Review

I seem to be establishing myself as a distinctly average Skrill North side. I can beat most teams, but I also have moments of being terribly exposed. Initially I thought I would be in the hunt for a playoff place, but a 10 point deduction made that a bit less of a possibility. I had to release my higher earners and was left with a team entirely made up of players under 20. All things considered, I think 17th is quite reasonable - I had moments of great form, I got to within 8 points of a playoff place at one point, and once I'd made up the 10 point deficit I was never in danger of dropping into the relegation zone.. Without the deduction I'd have finished in 13th which would've disappointed me at the start of the season but I think is a decent reflection of where I'm currently at.

I improved very slightly in the cups, though losing to Scarborough in the FA Trophy was a shocker. Solihull Moors have become my bogey team, and I lose to them every time I bloody well play them.

Star Players

Lee Monk - Having not particularly thrilled me to start with, Monk has turned into quite an important part of my team. He got a run of games due to injuries to other players, and never looked back. He's now my vice captain, and his return of 8 goals and 11 assists was a lovely surprise.

Richard Barratt - According to my Assistant Manager, Barratt is a natural 'Enganche' type player, but I had him on the left wing and he proved to be a hit. Scoring twice on his debut helped out, and with little competition for that position Barratt became one of the first names on the team sheet. I'd like him to improve on the assists, but 3 MotM awards and 9 goals isn't too shabby from a 16/17 year old in his first season.

Paul Faulkner- My goalscoring goalkeeper had his best season yet, and for the second year running picked up the Player of the Season award, which puts him amongst the favoured personnel. He also managed to break the appearance record, as well as helping himself to 9 goals this season. His stats have improved slightly, and he is nearly considered good enough to be in this league! I must admit, I have a soft spot for him and have no intention of replacing him any time soon.

Targets for next season

Midway through the season, the debts were restructured which should help me avoid any points deductions in the next few seasons.. I need to really up my game here though, so although I'd be happy with top 10, I'll be aiming for the playoffs. Realistically I need to sign a new central defensive partnership, as well as a 20+ goals per season striker - but I'll still be careful with the wages as I don't want to end up in administration again. Beating my bogey team, Solihull Moors, at some point would be a lovely little bonus. I've given up hoping for a cup run, and will be solely focused on the league.

[u]Season[/u]             [u]Division[/u]             [u]Position[/u]             [u]FA Cup[/u]             [u]FA Trophy[/u]
2014/15            Skrill North         13th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2015/16            Skrill North         18th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2016/17            Skrill North         10th                 2nd Qualifying     4th round
2017/18            Skrill North         17th                 3rd Qualifying     4th round

Aha, I know! I just set him as my penalty and freekick taker for the fun of it and started updating on the 'My Big Fat GK Can Score More Than Yours' thread.. Three seasons worth of doing that and I'm yet to be caught on the counter, though I imagine the level of opposition has something to do with that. He's also never missed a penalty in 16 attempts.

How cool is it when you don't have the money to sign a winger, have to use one from the U18 squad, and he turns out 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 matches? :D

It is quite fun. Just had that happen with one of my strikers. I basically have two decent strikers and with it being early in the season, they're not fit enough to go on three days rest so I called up a 16 year old who promptly scored 2 in his debut. That is one fun thing about playing at lower levels, those youngsters would never get a shot at higher levels.

It is quite fun. Just had that happen with one of my strikers. I basically have two decent strikers and with it being early in the season, they're not fit enough to go on three days rest so I called up a 16 year old who promptly scored 2 in his debut. That is one fun thing about playing at lower levels, those youngsters would never get a shot at higher levels.
One of my favorite players in FM is still a youngster I had in Atlético CP in FM11. He started like this and went on to play for me for 10 years, always giving his best despite being rated just 1* in his final season :D

Great season kingjericho, nice work on the promotion, very nice goal diff. Youth intake looks decent, could be 3 to keep an eye on if you cant strengthen too much.

Unlucky with the ongoing financial problems baronia, hopefully you can get through these bad times on go on and battle for promotion now the board seem to of sorter the debt with a restructure...

MetPolice_zps635b95de.jpeg

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2015/16

League Table | Graph | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers | Finances

14 points from our first 7 matches, but then the honeymoon period is over and we are brought crashing back to the ground with 4 losses and we ship 11 goals in the process. The cups see us go further than the club as ever gone before, the FA Trophy sees us reach the 1st round proper and the FA Cup we go even better and make it all the way to the 3rd round proper where we lose to Championship side Charlton 2-1 (What a run!?). We do enough in the league to stay above water and manage to finish 15th - 6 places (and 23 points) above the relegation zone. All in all we have to be happy with the season and with another slight rise in our wage budget hopefully we can push up into the top half next season!?

Youth Candidate's;

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - 4 goals in 23 apps.

Kane Sly YP2 - Profile | Coach Report

Key Players;

Dan Thomas - Was solid between the sticks, we really needed him. His 17 clean sheets were a huge help in keeping us up.

Craig Watkins - Wasn't quite the first name on the team sheet as he was last season but still scored 8 goals, many of which were from the bench. Will be leaving this summer.

Richard Bryan - Solid at the back, helped massively with the amount of clean sheets we kept. Our defence is arguably our best position and so the once Aston Villa youth product is quite possibly our best player.

Fans Player of the Season: /Inih Effiong - Only got half the goals he managed in our promotion season but was still important as our Target man.

Seasons Best XI

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2018/19 - Skrill North

A mid-season update from me, as a few things are happening right now.

So I'm in the middle of what is really another disappointing season. I'm still safe from relegation, but I'm a good few wins away from becoming a top half team.

For the first time ever, Paul Faulkner misses a penalty and I finally manage to beat Solihull Moors

Then this message arrives, which I treat as brilliant news!

But then this comes through, followed by this...

It also doesn't really help matters when this happens

..and here I am, twiddling my thumbs at work, itching to get back to this game! I've saved a v2 file so that if I do get the chop, I can reload and have a chance to survive. What works in my favour is that I'm regularly predicted to finish 22nd, and as yet I've done considerably better than that.. What works against me is that Andy Kinsey is listed as one of two club legends at Nantwich Town. At this moment in time, I can't really call it...!

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2018/19 - Skrill North

A mid-season update from me, as a few things are happening right now.

So I'm in the middle of what is really another disappointing season. I'm still safe from relegation, but I'm a good few wins away from becoming a top half team.

For the first time ever, Paul Faulkner misses a penalty and I finally manage to beat Solihull Moors

Then this message arrives, which I treat as brilliant news!

But then this comes through, followed by this...

It also doesn't really help matters when this happens

..and here I am, twiddling my thumbs at work, itching to get back to this game! I've saved a v2 file so that if I do get the chop, I can reload and have a chance to survive. What works in my favour is that I'm regularly predicted to finish 22nd, and as yet I've done considerably better than that.. What works against me is that Andy Kinsey is listed as one of two club legends at Nantwich Town. At this moment in time, I can't really call it...!

I got a similar message about my potential replacement being spotted at the grounds during an attempted takeover (after we had won the league even). Luckily the takeover fell through. Best of luck, that's the worst way to lose your job in this game I think.

I got a similar message about my potential replacement being spotted at the grounds during an attempted takeover (after we had won the league even). Luckily the takeover fell through. Best of luck, that's the worst way to lose your job in this game I think.

Yea, I'd feel so cheated if it happens.. Especially as I think I've done a pretty steady job so far.

That's a bummer baronia... try to get a string of good results to see if they consider letting you stay.

Aye that's the plan.. My season has been tainted with a lack of consistency - but I'm going to simplify my tactics on the run in, and hopefully that'll get the results I need, whether it makes a difference or not, I don't know!

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2016/17

Well I can't say we had a bad season, far from it, but I'm mad we missed the playoffs. All we needed was to beat Braintree (20th) at home in the last match but we decided that going 0-3 down at halftime was a better idea. Oh well...

It was a good season because the aim of surviving was reached very early. In all fairness we deserved to go to the playoffs but a run of 5 straight defeats in February was a big blow to our amazing campaign up to that point.

The youth intake brought some quality but I'll only use them in emergencies, as they are not good enough to be regular options.

In the finances we continue to sink. We've had no luck so far in the cups, we always get difficult matches against teams that don't bring in high gate receipts, so until we are promoted the state of the finances will be the same.

Career Overview

2015/16    Skrill North     1st          Promotion
2016/17    Skrill Premier   6th

Nice one baronia, good to see Kinsey hasn't stole your job! Hopefully this means your finances can get on solid footing and you can push on now - Good luck!

Not only stayed up kingjericho, but "mad you missed the playoffs" !? Great to be even up there first season in the Conference Prem. Nice work, and onwards and upwards now!

What a terrible performance to end the season. Lost 2-0 at Lincoln, but we were very Lucky that Dag & Red lost with the same score against Barnet.

Final standing

We will play against Luton in the semis. The last the championship at the last day, so I hope there moral is very low.

Thanks Kingjericho. League 2 will be very difficult I think. I think I need at least 7 new first teamers. This team isn't ready for the step up at the moment. I'll need a lot of hours to find the right players.

Archived