• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-MLSZ_zps64cf4f72.png

SRL88's Career - October 2019 - Hungary U19's

UEFA U19 Qualifiers - First Qualifying Round

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zpsd2fb3412.png

UEFAUnder-19ChampionshipQualifiers_OverviewStages_zpsef138f6a.png

A very pleasing achievement considering we weren't tipped to make it beyond this stage. We put in a very good performance away to Sweden and deserved at least a point but Sweden scored the only goal of the game with fifteen minutes remaining. We gave ourselves a chance of making the net round when we thumped the Faroe Islands, hitting five past them. A win over Belgium in our final group game sent us through as we put a brilliant display in, both offensively and defensively and an early goal from Karoly Fejes (YP33) was enough to give us the win.

We have a very tough group in the next round, but we will go in and give it our best efforts.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - October 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps8d33c81f.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpse5b518cb.png

Another really solid month as we keep in touch at the top of the table. We comfortably beat Paks as we put four past them before a very hard fought, but excellent win over Debrecen. We started really, really slowly and deserved to fall behind after ten minutes. We continued down a similar line but finally got ourselves into gear and managed to level the game up in first half stoppage time. The second half was even and could have gone either way but Adam Viczian (YP1) bundled his way through the Debrecen defence to stab home what turned out to be the winning goal. Despite a dominant performance we left it late against MTK, but two goals in the final ten minutes gave us another three points. We traveled to a surprisingly struggling Gyor to round the month off which gave us a little bit of a chance and it showed as we put in our best performance at their place. We took the lead in the game but went in at the break level. We did have our chances, although Gyor were probably the better team. We held on late in the second half for what was a solid point.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps51b9c841.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps88cba6d9.png

Two very solid efforts from our lads, especially in the latter as we picked up our first ever Champions League win. We were completely dominated throughout Barcelona as I fully expected, but we were really strong defensively and it took two penalties to defeat us. We put a brilliant shift in against Zenit to claim a brilliant win. We scored twice within seven minutes before the break to give us a two goal advantage. Zenit pulled one back in the 85th minute which meant a nervy finish but we held on for the three points.

Magyar Kupa Fourth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps1a64f777.png

An absolutely insane game of football. It came just two days after the Zenit game so I made a lot of changes but what followed was bonkers. We fell behind, but scored twice in four minutes to take the lead only to concede almost instantly. We then scored twice in three minutes to give us a 4-2 lead but right on half-time conceded to go in at the break 4-3 up. The second half was quiet as we went through, but a very entertaining first half which saw seven goals scored was thrilling.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps6cfb111a.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps4313d0bd.png

Two solid performances but not the results we needed. Despite conceding early against Gyor we pushed and pushed before finally being rewarded in the 76th minute. We couldn't find a second however for the win. We tried our best away to Debrecen but it just wasn't our day. Adam Viczian (YP1) gave us a glimmer of hope in the 89th minute but it just wasn't to be.

SRL88's Career - November 2019 - Hungary U19's

Friendlies

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zps0cbdbc73.png

Our final two friendlies to round out the year. We played really well against FYROM and took the lead inside ten minutes. Although we conceded it didn't take us long to re-take the lead right on half time. We put in an excellent display in the second half with the substitutes making a massive effect. Two more goals were added in a 4-1 win. We faced a strong Australia team who played really, really well. Despite taking the lead we were pegged back straight away. Australia could have scored any number of goals they were that good, but we held on for a solid draw.

SRL88's Career - November 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps840875d4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpse8e1f643.png

A bit of a mixed month, but still an unbeaten one as the gap is closed to three points and we have a game in hand. We put in a very good performance against Diosgyor who were up for the game. We scored twice before the half hour to give us a big advantage. They pulled a goal back in the second half but it wasn't enough and we held on for a 2-1 win. Going into the Videoton game I made it my aim not to get beat. We fell behind in the first half and I can honestly say that I thought we were going to lose, but we turned it around fantastically well as we scored two goals to come from a goal down to lead 2-1. After that though I feel annoyed that we didn't come away with a win as we conceded a penalty in the 95th minute to deny us what would have been a big three points. A poor performance followed as we scraped a point against Mezokovesd before a surprisingly hard fought game against Soproni. We led 2-0 before conceding, only to add a third before the break. Despite conceding late on we managed to hold on for the win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps317b31e6.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps2db76acb.png

Two unbelievable performances and results which leave us close to qualifying for the Knockout Stage of the competition. We were brilliant in Russia as we matched our parent club throughout the match. I would have been delighted with a point but we surprised everyone when we took the lead in the game. We held on for a brilliant 1-0 win. We followed it up with a very solid draw against Liverpool. We took an early lead in the game but it was very much backs to the wall from there on. We were brilliant at the back but in the 78th minute we conceded a very controversial goal which looked offside to deny us qualification, but still keep us in a solid position.

We travel to the Nou Camp in our final group game where I don't expect to get anything, so we are heavily reliant on Liverpool not beating Zenit at home.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsbb4860ca.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps48e4a3df.png

A shame that we were unable to pick up a win, but I am not overly concerned. We picked up a solid point away to Gyor but our competition ended with a disappointing performance and defeat at home to Ferencvaros.

Good win against Zenit and most years your start to the league probably would have seen you top, plenty of time (plus the game in hand) to sort that out though.

Cheers fella. Like you said about the league. There is plenty of time left in the season.

Well would you look at that group! I believe in that draw for Liverpool! Fantastic achievement already.
Would be fantastic to qualify from that CL group.

It would be an amazing feat, but I hate having to rely on other results. There is just no way we will pick up anything in Barcelona.

SRL88's Career - December 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps0436de3b.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps762e486c.png

Absolutely gutted I must say. I never expected anything at the Nou Camp so the result that came was hardly a surprise. The devastation came though as we were heading through with just six minutes to go until Liverpool scored against Zenit to knock us out.

We have the consolation though that we are heading into the Europa League where we have been drawn against Fenerbache in the First Knockout Round. There is a huge incentive for both clubs to progress though because the winners will face either Racing Genk or Celtic in the Second Knockout Round.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps71ad587a.png

These were two very hard fought fixtures where we were pushed all the way by the non-league side. We fell behind in both games but battled back well to secure a 5-2 aggregate victory.

We have been drawn to face Kaposvar in the Quarter-Final.

So unlucky... Still, you must be the richest Hungarian club now :thup:

Yeah I am a bit gutted that we missed out, but what we have achieved this season is fantastic.

As for the finances etc. We have the second highest estimated value of £12.25m. Still a fair way behind Ferencvaros, but we're catching them. We have the 4th highest reputation in the country now, producing by far the highest turnover and miles ahead of anyone with coefficients.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpseeb6b109.png

About time. This is my sixth season in the top flight and I have asked constantly for a feeder club and finally I have one. Time to send a load of players away to gain first team experience.

Nice try in the Cl, it was close though

It was nice to get so close to be honest.

You definitely have a shot at going further in the Europa League then in the Champions League.

Great results from that group, whether you make it to the next round of the Europa League or not you performed above expectations!

Our coefficients have massively improved which will help us in the future. Just wish some other Hungarian clubs would pull their fingers out.

You did the best in CL :thup:

Cheers :thup:.

SRL88's Career - February 2020 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpseaf06aae.png

We gave it our best shot but it just wasn't enough. We took the lead in the first leg just before the hour mark but with eight minutes remaining we conceded to hand the advantage to Fenerbache. The second leg saw us second best throughout but we managed to hold firm until midway through the second half. We conceded twice in five minutes but managed to give ourselves a fighting chance with a late goal. We had a couple of chances in stoppage time but we couldn't force one home.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps019664bc.png

A very hard fought game which gives us a slight advantage ahead of the second leg. We had to come from behind twice to gives ourselves a fighting chance. We found a winner in the 76th minute to give us a 3-2 win.

SRL88's Career - March 2020 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps1fb81909.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsfe70221d.png

A very clustered month for us as we played a pretty big six fixtures in March. Our performance levels aren't the best, but we are grinding our results to keep up with Videoton. Two goals in four minutes gave us a 2-0 lead against Eger but we almost threw it away in the final ten minutes. We conceded with five minutes remaining and then conceded a penalty in stoppage time. Luckily it was saved as picked up an important three points. We followed it up with a dominant performance at home to Puskas but we were only able to find the net once but it was enough for the win. A shocking performance followed against Kaposvar as we fell to a 3-1 defeat. We bounced back from the defeat by battling to a very important victory over Ferencvaros. Our second game of the month against Puskas once again saw us come away with a 1-0 win before battling to a 2-1 victory against Pecs with the returning Adam Viczian (YP1) scoring his first goal since his lengthy injury.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps47812577.png

Our second game of the month against Kaposvar and it was equally as poor. We were trailing 2-0 in the match but gave ourselves a chance through an own-goal. We had our chances but just couldn't take them as we exited on away goals.

I hope that You gonna beat that nasty Videoton :D You are getting stronger and stronger :thup:

It's going to be tight all the way to the end of the season, but hopefully we can nick it.

Excellent performances in Europe,even though you went out,you went out trying your best which is a good way to do it.Hopefully you will be able to nick the title at the end of the season.

So unlucky with the CL

Yeah it was a shame, but I was pleased with the effort.

Excellent performances in Europe,even though you went out,you went out trying your best which is a good way to do it.Hopefully you will be able to nick the title at the end of the season.

Luckily for us in the run-in, Videoton have been involved in both cups as well as the league so they have played a lot of games whereas we have been focusing on the league.

Shame about the CL but 7 points was good going in that group if we're honest. Not far from closing the gap in the table either.

We exceeded all expectations in Europe. I was thrilled with our performance throughout. I can see the league going down to the wire.

SRL88's Career - April 2020 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps5c5c6c91.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps3f6ea9fb.png

Advantage us going into the final three games of the season. It was another tight month as we continue to grind out our results. The month started with us being the better side against Haladas but struggling to break them down. We finally found the breakthrough in the 82nd minute, but it came from the penalty spot. Nonetheless it was enough to ensure that we picked up the three points. We faced another away trip, this time against Paks and it was probably our best performance for some time. We played really well on the night and took the lead just before the half hour mark. It was 2-0 before the break before half time when Andras Bubori (YP21) scored and the score remained the same for the rest of the game. A frustrating performance and result followed against ZTE. We weren't anywhere near our best and we just couldn't get going. They deserved to take the lead in the first half and could have easily added more. We hung on though and managed to find a way back into the game through Adam Viczian (YP1) to grab a point, but it was really undeserving. We came from a goal down against Debrecen to grab a massive three points with substitute Nortbert Baranyai (YP26) the hero as he grabbed a brace.

SRL88's Career - May 2020 - Hungary U19's

UEFA U19 Qualifiers - Second Qualifying Round

8rbw.png

qhv.png

Well we gave it our best shot but unfortunately it just wasn't enough. We scraped a 1-0 win against Denmark with a goal just after half time. The Italy game was always going to be the one which decided our fate. We gave it our all but Italy were just way to strong. We were trailing 3-0, but managed to pull a consolation goal back late on. Our group rounded off with a cracking performance away at Serbia as we pulled off a very good 2-1 win.

SRL88's Career - May 2020 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpse6df6ac3.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps67163e54.png

Well that couldn't have been any closer but we have done it. The month kicked off with a very good performance at home to Gyor with a goal in the first ten minutes being enough to give us the win. Going into the MTK game we knew that if we had beaten them then we could have effectively clinched the title and we came ever so close. We fell behind in the game but leveled things up just before the break. The second half was very tense, and very nervy but when Karoly Disztl (YP15) gave us the lead in the 76th minute I thought we were there, but in the 90th minute we conceded to deny us what would have been a huge three points. So, going into the final game of the campaign we were one point ahead of Videoton, and despite playing very well against Diosgyor we couldn't break them down and the game finished 0-0. Luckily, Videoton's game away to ZTE finished with the exact same scoreline and we clinched the league title.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps48b36213.png

A very important game for the club which saw the fans flock.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-4_zps3d8ffd2b.png

Always nice when your players performances are recognised.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-5_zps3726adf0.png

Two years in a row.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-6_zps49e99562.png

Honestly, I am absolutely thrilled to have claimed this.

Congrats! Is your HoYD any good? I believe he's responsible for bringing youth to your club.

I don't have a Head of Youth Development. With the rules I set myself at the start of the game I could only bring staff in during that first season and I wasn't allowed one then. From then on I could only replace them with players retiring from my team. My current Assistant is in charge of that side of things.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2019/20 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st - CHAMPIONS

So we managed to clinch our third league title in a row but this was tough. We trailed Videoton for a long, long time time as they put in a brilliant run of form. The final months of the season saw us trade places constantly but we finally managed to clinch the title on the final day of the season.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage (entered Europa League)

Somehow we managed to upstage our performance in Europe from last season. We had to battle to our way through the early rounds, especially the Basel and Austria Wein games, only to join yet another group of death. We managed to win our first ever group stage game with a win over Zenit, and then went on to beat them in Russia. A brilliant performance didn't mean we went through though as we exited the competition on matchday six.

UEFA Europa League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in First Knockout Round

After exiting the Champions League we found ourselves with a difficult draw against Fenerbache. We gave it a very good effort but in the end they were just to strong for us.

Magyar Kupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Quarter-Final

Not the best performance I must say. I was more annoyed with the performances themselves as we didn't really play well at any point. We had to battle our way through the first two rounds before annoyingly exiting the competition on away goals.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

We didn't really put up much of a fight in defence of the trophy that we won last season, but in all honesty I'm not bothered about this competition at all.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Runners-Up

It wasn't our best performance by any stretch of the imagination. We deserved to get beat, and that's exactly what happened.

Squad

The squad did OK this season. I would like to freshen things up a bit so there could be a few departures, and a few of the YP's returning from loans could find themselves in the first team next season.

Finances - Transfers

The finances are looking very healthy.

In terms of transfers, a lot of loan deals and a few permanent ones.

Youth Players at the Club

Adam Viczian (YP1) - A long spell on the sidelines dictated his season. It also saw a drop in stats as well.

Peter Lamar (YP2) - Head and shoulders above any goalkeeper on our books.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - Another solid season.

Miklos Petnehazi (YP12) - Will probably return to the club and be our back-up goalkeeper.

Roland Fulop (YP13) - Very important part of this club.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - Turning quickly into a first team player.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - Just a brilliant player. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - Solid campaign from our first choice left back. Really good player.

Roland Buza (YP18) - He just needs to improve his defensive stats and he would be a very good player.

Tamas Molnar (YP19) - A good back-up player.

Andras Bubori (YP21) - Every time he plays he always manages to impress me. He probably doesn't play as much as he wants, but he is one of my favourites.

Mihaly Dani (Y22) - Not sure what his status will be next season.

Viktor Gal (YP23) - Continues to improve.

David Maj (YP24) - He had a good season out on loan. Hopefully with another season or two he could be a good back-up player for the first team.

Nortbert Baranyai (YP26) - Came from nowhere to be a big part of our team.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - Quickly turning into an excellent player.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - A decent player who could be a good back-up.

Nortbert Disztl (YP29) - Had a very important season out on loan playing top flight football. It helped him massively and hopefully next season will bring about similar results.

Gabor Varga (YP30) - On loan in Romania till the end of next season. Hopefully he can make steady progress.

Gabor Orban (YP31) - A season on loan has helped him a lot. It will probably bring about a promotion to the first team.

Gabor Simon (YP32) - Been out on loan. Decent season.

Karoly Fejes (YP33) - I honestly have high hopes for him. I think he will turn out to be an important player for us.

Attila Halgas (YP34) - He spent the second half of the season out on loan which helped him a little. I will try and do the same again next season.

Jakab Jakab (YP35) - Had a decent season out on loan. Will look to develop him at the club probably.

Zoltan Ambrus (YP36) - Will probably leave it another season before making my decision.

Roland Nagy (YP37) - Could be sold, haven't quite made my mind up yet.

Roland Szeverenyi (YP38) - Can't see him remaining at the club.

Karoly Juhasz (YP39) - Managed to feature in a few first team games. Not sure whether to loan him out or not.

Norbert Suli (YP40) - Developing very nicely in Romania. He will remain there next season to continue his development.

Mihaly Juhasz (YP41) - Will be leaving the club.

Tamas Hegedus (YP42) - Another likely to be shown the door.

Gabor Ugrai (YP43) - A massive improvement in his stats all due to being out on loan. He will remain there till the end of next season.

Norbert Baranyai (YP44) - Looks to be enjoying his time in Romania.

Adrian Csiszar (YP45) - He has some decent stats but isn't ready for the first team yet.

Adam Kovacs (YP47) - Sat in the U19's. Needs to be loaned out, although he is improving steadily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other             |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2018/19  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2019/20  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | Group Stage     | 1st KO Round  | Szuperkupa R-U    |

Next Season

Would like to see improvements in our league performances. As long as we continue to be in Europe I will be happy.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsaf399685.png

I honestly felt the time was right. I could have stayed on, but I felt club performances had dropped due to me pulling double duty. Playing matches with Bekescsaba one day and then the following with Hungary was a bit daft and got annoying.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zpsd963dc92.png

Nice improvement for the league.

Archived