How do you get two Whales in a Mini?

Cookie147

cEz15hs.png?1

I was given inspiration to re-launch a previous save of mine in Wales by the excellent career story of JackJCFC.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339400-It-s-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it

As before, I will go with Prestatyn Town and will attempt similar challenges set by JackJCFC, although I am sure my chances of success are somewhat less. Previously in this save I was perennial runners up to TNS, and my first challenge would be to get one over on them to eventually take the league title. Welsh world dominance will have to wait until afterwards.

Manager Profile

As you would expect, the squad need vast improvement, and the finances, which are only currently showing £10k in the black, are sure to diminish fairly quickly. The club facilities are all basic.

Key players this season appear to be Jason Price and Andy Parkinson

The board expectations are not to high, as they only expect the club to be safe of any relegation fears and only a fourth round appearance in the Welsh Cup.

Wish me luck!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON

My scout managed to locate some players during the off-season, and despite most players lack of interest in joining the 'Seasiders', I managed to sign the following players:

Matthew Trevett | Arran Billington (signed from our youth team)

vhNEOV3.png?1

Overall, I am happy with the way the pre-season friendlies went. The 1-0 victory over Caersws and the goalless draw with Nantwich Town were all about the fitness levels, but a collapse against FC United did disappoint me. However, the squad re-grouped, and Billington scored on his non-competitive debut versus Holyhead, and we followed it up with a creditbale draw with Reading's second string team

Klrd8cj.png?1

So, the season starts for real. I'm not really sure what to expect at all, and I'm not overly happy with the squad. I've sent my scout out around the country to try and find some gems. Obviously, our scout can only perform within Wales, which makes any hidden gems unlikely, but you never know!

P7Ygh0j.png?1

Well, August was a complete disappointment. Obviously the away trip to Bangor was always unlikely to end in defeat, but the opening fixture at home to Newtown was poor. What happened during September was a complete turnaround though. Firstly the 3-1 victory over my old foes, TNS, in front of the TV camera's came completely out of the blue. Then, despite a difficult fixture at Llanelli, we came back with two excellent wins at Aberystwyth and Port Talbot.

Amazingly, September ended with me winning manager of the month, which I really didn't expect. Hopefully peoples expectations haven't been increased on the back of this.

YmbPCi7.png?1

Brilliant thread title :D If your save is half as good as Jack's then this could be a great career :thup:

Thanks Dexter, almost as good as your username :cool:

My long-term success rate in any save is very low, so if I get anyway near to the levels Jack has reached I'd be amazed. We shall see...

Good luck.

Thanks Golem, I think I'm going to need it.

Bumpy start but you've got a couple of wins now so hopefully you can get a run going.

Hopefully it doesn't take you as long to win the league as it did for me!

Yep, shaky start and a disappointing October to follow shortly. This is going to be tough.

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2012

SvIwEdY.png?1

The curse of the manager of the month strikes again, as a real mixed bag of results in October secured only four points from a possible nine. The away win at Carmarthen Town at least ended the month on a positive note, as we came from behind with an injury time winner from Michael Parker. The home defeat to local rivals Rhyl was very disappointing as we crashed out of the League Cup at the first hurdle.

2ub0OLR.png?1

We've fallen to 9th in the table, which after September is very disappointing, but the top half is still only a win away.

it looks worse than it is tbh, you're only 5 points from the top at this stage.

As for my username, can't wait for it to start again in June :cool:

Indeed, although I'm sure when TNS kick into gear that gap will increase.

The table is still tight. Lots of space for moving up. Looking forward to your progression :thup:

Thank you Cerud, table remains tight during November. Just putting the update together now.

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2012

4DKZA3m.png?1

A decent but frustrating month saw the Seasiders pick up half of the possible points for the month. An excellent performance against Bala started the month in style, but a last minute strike for Afan Lido, dented any hopes of a decent away point. Newtown were next up, and the duly completed the double over us for the first part of the season, with another 1-0 defeat, but the league campaign for November ended in style, with an excellent win over then league leaders Bangor City.

Prestatyn began their Welsh Cup campaign, and the 4-3 win over Cefn Druids was any managers nightmare. Every time we took the lead, the Druids replied immediately. Very frustrating, but a victory none-the-less. Our next round opponents in February is an away fixture at lower league side Welshpool.

aJ5Gk6h.png?1

As mentioned above, the league table is tight in the middle, and we have moved in and out of the top 6 during the month. The bottom two sides appear to be drifting away, but it's a little too early to be concerned with teams below us. TNS away are up next, so the prospect of points in early December are limited.

During November our scout, on his tour of Wales, pick up several interesting prospects. But we managed to strike a deal to bring Bala forward Lewis Codling to Prestatyn in the January window. Looks an exciting prospect, and will immediately improve my striking options.

On a side note; the amount of times we have hit the woodwork this season is amazing. Hopefully Codling is more accurate.

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2012

RRY1B0V.png?1

Two wins from six matches this month, and despite the mediocre results we managed to move up one place in the table. The TNS and Llanelli results were almost predictable before they were played, but I am particularly disappointed with the defeats to Port Talbot and Connah's Quay. The Connah's match was hard to take, as a win in this home match would have been another 50% month, which given the start would have been more than acceptable.

aT2RZGI.png?1

As I mentioned above, we managed to move one place in table in the right direction, and we have three matches to try and make up the three points needed to hit the top six. Honestly, it's unlikely but you got to stay positive, right?

At the end of December we also managed to persuade Sean Eardley to join the club. He is nothing spectacular, but we are weak in the full-back areas, so he should be able to do a job.

At least you closer to 1st than relegation zone in terms of points! Codling should be a good player for you :thup:
Not too bad at all :thup: If Codling can find the back of the net for you when he comes then you should be able to jump up a few places.

Thanks chaps! I've got high hopes for Codling, hopefully he can settle in quickly and start January with a bang!

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2013

2GVJx4i.png?1

So near, yet so far! After the disappointment of losing 1-0 at Bala Town at the beginning of the month, the team responded with back-to-back wins to finish of the first part of the season just the one point behind 6th placed Llanelli. In fact, we were sixth in the table until two second half goals gave Llanelli a 2-0 away win at Aberystwyth. There are positives though, with Codling scoring his first Prestatyn goal, and generally looking lively, and the performances of club captain Michael Parker. We always seem to play better when Parker is on the pitch.

Mej0aMF.png?1

I can't really complain with being 7th, we haven't been in the top six all season, so to end up in there after 22 games would have been a little sneaky. We'll need to concentrate on the final ten matches now and get as many points as possible.

To miss out by only a point is tough, but you have played well to stay out of the bottom spots.

Yeah, despite not getting to the top six, I am relatively please with how it's gone. The squad is fairly weak with the odd exception, and my wage budget is over used, so will wait to offload a few in the summer to make space for a few targets I've got lined up. If I'm still in the job, of course!

I'm a bit unclear on the Welsh league's rules. If your final 10 games are against the others in the bottom 6, though, you should be OK - you're already the pick of the bunch (if that means anything at all!).

If you can hold seventh you're still in contention for Europe.

Indeed, we've hit a bit of form lately, and hopefully we can nail down 7th spot. Update on it's way.

I'm a bit unclear on the Welsh league's rules. If your final 10 games are against the others in the bottom 6, though, you should be OK - you're already the pick of the bunch (if that means anything at all!).

Hopefully so KDR, I'm more confident now than I was earlier.

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2013

WNxVfVL.png?1

February was a superb month for us, winning three out of four league matches, as well as making through to the Welsh Cup Quarter Final, which is against lower league opposition. The defeat at Aberystwyth was only down to two late goals, so it was tough to be critical, as we'd previously won six in a row!

Typically, this happened to my new signing after the Connah's Quay match.

rXNldr4.png?1

hoZFtZN.png?1

We look to be closing in on seventh spot, however the next two league matches are away, so nothing can be taken for granted yet.

Klrd8cj.png?1

ssIxAqA.png?1

Another excellent month for us, and we're really starting to play some nice stuff. The only draw in the month, versus Connah's Quay was almost a win, if is wasn't for a mis-hit cross from their full back managing to lob my keeper in the final minute. The performances of Arran Billington, signed from our youth team pre-season are very impressive.

G94xsIh.png?1

We are now guaranteed a 7th place finish, so will be in the Euro Cup play-off at the end of the season.

We also got through to the Welsh Cup semi final, where we meet Llanelli in a very tough match.

Congrats on securing 7th place. Will be hard to get that Euro Cup spot, teams in the top half always seem amazing compared to the worst teams :D

Thanks Jack, I am delighted with that to be honest, and I am not expecting to get anywhere near that Euro Cup spot, although there are other ways to qualify ;)

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL 2013

mWZgT2s.png?1

Despite being guaranteed 7th spot, I wanted to continue the fine form we were in. However, one point from six is disappointing with one league match left to play as well as the play-offs. The silver lining this month though was the excellent semi final cup win over Llanelli. They scored on 89 minutes to make it a nervy finishing, but we deserved our final versus TNS.

Speaking of TNS, has anyone noticed that they failed to win the league? Congratulations to Bala Town, who have TNS to play in their final fixture, just to rub their noses in it.

hfpnt8p.png?1

Our final match is against Aberystwyth at home.

Klrd8cj.png?1

MAY 2013

MhBebnW.png?1

League form continued to disappoint after guaranteeing seventh spot, but I did rest a few players for this final match versus Aberystwyth due to the cup final. I seriously didn't expect any chance at all in winning the Welsh Cup, and presumed TNS would be angered by being pipped to the league title by Bala Town.

Welsh Cup Final

VHPKg58.png?1

The board also came up with THIS bit of news - seems a bit premature..!

Klrd8cj.png?1

2012/13

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - Bala Town

Welsh Cup Winners - Prestatyn Town

League Cup Winners - Llanelli

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

Bala Town

Europa League

TNS, Llanelli, Prestatyn Town

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 161st (down 3)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup    League Cup   Notes[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners      1st Round    Qualified for Euro Cup 

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON

NEW SIGNINGS

Sam Belcher | Josh Roberts | Jamie Stephens

stelAUp.png?1

Some indifferent form in the pre-season friendlies, but a good work out for the new players.

3WLW5TS.png?1

It was amazing just to qualify for the Euro Cup, but to get through the first qualifying round, against our Estonian opponents was sensational. We were leading in the 2nd leg versus Shelbourne, but conceded towards the end to go out on away goals, with a trip to Mauritimo awaiting the winners. Hopefully we're back in this competition soon rather than later! Codling was excellent throughout this run, and was scoring for fun.

Due to the emergence of youth talent Arran Billington last season, I've decided to use a new formation to allow Arran and Codling to play together. Let's see if they gel.

Nice job qualifying for the Europa League. The stadium probably won't be ready for it, but it should help in he future. Is there a big jump in capacity from where you are now?

Nice job qualifying for the Europa League. The stadium probably won't be ready for it, but it should help in he future. Is there a big jump in capacity from where you are now?

I'm not sure on the capacity, I'll check after work today, but is does seem a little strange to present me with a spanking new stadium when we're only getting 100-200 through the door. Maybe it'll entice more spectators?

Congrats, this should be a huge jump in finances.

Thank you, looking forward to the second season now, will start tonight. Finances have obviously improved, but will need regular European football to see any long term profits I'd guess.

Yeah, when you`re only getting that many fans, a new stadium is a wasteful luxury...hope the financial constraints don't hurt too much.

Klrd8cj.png?1

AUGUST 2013

Another new signing just in time for the new season - Kai Edwards, from TNS.

4FbEZtr.png?1

A steady start to the season, which keeps us unbeaten for August. First up was a comprehensive win at Cefn Druids followed by draws in two matches we weren't expected to get anything from. The partnership between Codling and Billington seems to be baring fruit, with the former scoring in each league game so far.

6xfJHcq.png?1

Our next opponents, TNS, are setting the pace already and along with Llanelli hold a 100% record. We currently sit in 5th, a place I'd definitely settle for at the end of the season.

Klrd8cj.png?1

SEPTEMBER 2013

TUAW63W.png?1

The unbeaten start to the season continued in excellent form with an away draw at TNS, coming from behind on two occasions to gain a valuable point. The next two home victories were good performances, which have pushed us up in the table. The performances of centre back Kai Edwards are worth pointing out, as the new signing is proving a beast at corners, scoring in all games in September.

a7jiK23.png?1

The table is looking nice at the moment, although it is early days. Defending champions Bala have had a bad start.

Our star performer, Andy Parkinson, has demanded a place on the transfer list, looking for a higher standard of football, which I have had to accept.

Shame you couldn't sneak another round in the Europa League but it's been a promising start so far, going to TNS and picking a point up is a great result :thup:

Cheers Dexter, not really sure whether it was deserved or not, but will definitely take it.

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2013

plraj37.png?1

Not a high return on points in October, but there were some tough away fixtures in the month. The first game in the Welsh League Cup was amazing, as we had a lot of our younger players involved, including hat-trick hero, Jordan Brereton. It was unfortunate to draw TNS away in the next round, but I'm not too bothered about any success in that competition.

5AetIaT.png?1

Despite only winning 1 from three in the league we are still in good shape for a top six finish.

Archived