Tactic suggestion?

You have a horrid team balance from the looks of it.

FB CB CB FB

DM DM

CM CM CM

ST

would be my guess - far to many def minded players imho.

You could maybe get away with an AM instead of one of the CM depending on players fit.......you need more attacking options as strikers and AM really or some width if you want to push a DM to CM and players out wide.

You have a horrid team balance from the looks of it.

FB CB CB FB

DM DM

CM CM CM

ST

would be my guess - far to many def minded players imho.

Thanks for the opinion. I do realise I have a lot of players at the back which is why I am struggling to find a formation, I have just put the suggested formation a nice 4-2-3-0-1 and will keep the other two formations for now. But jsut got to get to January. My other two formation is a nice 4-2-1-2-1 stright down the middle. and a 4-1-1-2-2, thats 2 wingers AML and AMR then the tow 1's central.

Need width MAJORLY in your team. I would play. Play 4-2-3-1

Your first choice back for as Support Fullbacks, and central defenders. Than a BWM defensive central mid (Garcia), Center mid support (Santos), than LW winger attack (Ayew) CAM Attacking Midfielder attacking (Adryan), RW Attacking winger attacking (Nem) than advanced forward attacking (Ayew).

hey those players would suit a tactic similar to what i use in the scottish Prem

its a 5-3-1-1 with wingbacks in the wingback position and a DM, so it actually looks like 3-3-2-1-1

I run it with 2 strikers instead of AMC and have one DM in defense one CM in support and 1 CM as AP in attack

CB/c--CB/x--CB/c

WB/s------DM/d------WB/s

AP/a------CM/s

IF/a

DLF/s

The Forward/Midfield roles and such might need tweaking as i said i run two forwards but the back 5 is tight.. In my Partick Thistle save we got promoted to the Premier League first season and currently sitting 3rd in Dec(tied 4 sec, Celtic got 9 point lead tho :( ) the back 5 is the original starting backs(except for the WB/r, he got poached but his replacement atm is prob worse

In first seanon we were 1st in conceded goals by a big margin

2nd and where 2nd only to celtic( not bad considering we're 200-1 for the title :) )

anyway looking at the squad thats what i'd run, whose the team btw might give it a go

edit actually u really need 2 use 2 DM's sooo many :(, with CB/c thyre set to Zonal btw with the stopper set to Man marking, made a big difference with te cover defenders actually covering ther flanks a bit more

Thanks all for your suggestions. The team is Olympique Marseille just with some changes made...bad changes i shall admit. I shall take a look at all the suggestions and get to work. I have now also signed a new striker(Ademilson) and looking for the future now. Currently playing my 4-1-1-2-2 formation which works alright but will not win me the league until i strengthen at the back,s o will have a look at the sugestionsand get to work :- ) cheers all.

hey those players would suit a tactic similar to what i use in the scottish Prem

its a 5-3-1-1 with wingbacks in the wingback position and a DM, so it actually looks like 3-3-2-1-1

I run it with 2 strikers instead of AMC and have one DM in defense one CM in support and 1 CM as AP in attack

CB/c--CB/x--CB/c

WB/s------DM/d------WB/s

AP/a------CM/s

IF/a

DLF

That is a curious backline. I stopped using CB/x and CB/c because x would go forward and c would drop in the 'hole' when he really needs to follow and cover the opposing striker. That's why when I have 4 backline I leave them on Cb/D with man marking (if I see them charging off...)

How does the double cover work? Do they both drop into the same area or do they cancel each other out and cover correctly?

That is a curious backline. I stopped using CB/x and CB/c because x would go forward and c would drop in the 'hole' when he really needs to follow and cover the opposing striker. That's why when I have 4 backline I leave them on Cb/D with man marking (if I see them charging off...)

How does the double cover work? Do they both drop into the same area or do they cancel each other out and cover correctly?

Generally dont see much bunching in the center, they are both set to zone marking as well, what i do get is them covering the flanks a bit more... as in when my Wb is extended the covering CB will drop back into the channel, what i also get is the opposite CB to the opponent crossing is generally gets the clearing header,... as this only has 2 wide players, fb overlapping wingers is my bane and whilst i cant stop all the crosses going in i can stop them reaching their intended targets..., my DM/d normally locks up the 2nd striker

Archived