unrealistic transfer funds - West Ham

Spot on mate. Sunderland have spent big consistant for the past several years. This season, we spent £20mil bringing in Johnson and Fletcher yet, on FM, we have £1.5mil and bleed money from the club bank account. I'm losing £3mil a month, got no budget in January (first season) and I'm guessing I won't in the summer either. We're a very wealthy club, yet on FM we always seem to end up in administration.

Yeah, starting balance of -£12.6m. Totally realistic for a newly promoted side... nope.

Think the researcher may have just used the balance from FM12 and adjusted it based on transfers in the summer or something. It's a probably a data issue anyway so post in the West Ham thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318015-ENGLAND-%28Official%29-West-Ham-United-Data-Issues

It isnt difficult to grasp.

The reason there is no budget in the first window is because of the money that was spent on players in real life. As for the second, if you are in the red then you are bound to be given next to no money because the club won't want to risk losing more money.

First season no transfer budget, second season 111k. Since we were going to spend 17m on Carroll, you would think that there is a lot more in the kitty. I am going to have another season with no transfers.

The first season budget I understand but the second season seems a bit off. I suppose it depends on in-game club finances.

Bit the fact remains that the Gold/Sullivan partnership would step up and find the funds themselves if they thought a player was crucial to the side, they have done it before and if Carrol ends up being a hit, I'm certain they'll stump up for him.

This should be reflected ingame tbh. Maybe you should meet with some sucess if you go to the board and asked for funds to buy a crucial player if no budget has been set.

I find transfer fund also goes on how much the chairman trusts you, if you have had an average season and he isnt happy with your transfer dealings he is less likely to give you alot of money

I'd like to see that confirmed by SI.

Archived