Paul Winsper (5*)

GK

Alexandre Soares (4 1/2*)

Physio

Octacilio da Matta Lopes Junior

Scouts

Luciano Moggi (20/20)

Gilmar Francisco (19/19)

Brazilian players loaded to find some of these.

Hi

Into my Second season now having lost to watford in the play offs which was very hard to take as id come with a good late run and had momentum but unfortunately here were my transfers

http://imageshack.us/f/641/leedstransfershistory3.png/

i was playing 4-1-2-1-2

So this season i have gone for the title to allow me more transfer funds here are my transfers for this season

http://imageshack.us/f/580/leedstransfershistory2.png/

Ive been undecided on what tactics to play this season its between 2 either my one from last season for revert back to 4-4-2, but what i really want to know is has anybody found a decent assistant manager as i dont think mick jones is up to job but cant seem to find anybody better out there any advice would be great

So in light of my new signing I'm lining up like this and currently sit top after 8 games, 6W1L1D

Kenny

K Wilson - Lees - Pearce

Byram -------------------- White

Torres - Bodde - Austin

Rossco - Becchio

Score more than we concede most the time!

any suggestions for assistant managers and dof's?

I'm not using a DOF at this stage, I needed to do the transfers in order to land some of the players (for example unrealistic loyalty bonuses etc).

In terms of the Ass Man, there are some good all rounders available, I went for Ayres Morais de Albuquerque. Good all round stats, unattached and I could afford his wages!

Well, here we go. Played through pre-season and a comfortable 3-0 win over Burton in the cup.

I've shipped out the following

Connolly - 150k

Brown - 140k

Rachubka - 150k

Kisnorbo - 200k

Am still trying to get rid of Becchio, Somma, Pugh & Norris to provide more depth.

I've brought in

Mihelic - 800k

Elyounoussi - 50k

Johansen - 250k

I could maybe have brought in more quality, but all these players are versatile and natural in at least 2 positions, which with a squad like mine is absolutely key.

Looking like a real challenge this year, hats off to those who are challenging around the top, unless I can get rid of a couple and bring 3-4 in (still waiting on some high class loans to come available, tried to get Mancienne, but he was having none of it). My squad is looking very, very thin, I need some cover at CB, a Striker with pace to challenge McCormack, a CM/AMC or Winger to cover for the 17 year old Elyounoussi...

Any and all advice welcome people!

Name: Kim Andre Madsen

Nationality: Norwegian

Club: Stromsgodset

Position: CB

Value: £28k

Sale Value: £100k

Work Permit Needed?: nope

FGQ8u.png?1

Name: Luke DeVere

Nationality: Aussie

Club: Gyeongnam

Value: £80k

Sale Value: £100k?

Work Permit Needed?: yeah :(

K9HUF.png?1

Name: Darren McGregor

Nationality: Scottish

Club: St. Mirren

Value: £275k

Sale Value: £300k

RNjTQ.png?1

Name: Ustaritz

Nationality: Spanish

Club: N/A

Value: £0

Sale Value: £0

gvMSE.png?1

ALSO:

andre bahia

Saimon

Devon Hodges

Siyabonga Nkosi

Carlos Bacca

End of my 1st season and limped into the playoffs, sat comfortably in the top 6 all yr but after xmas our form was terrible. Hence to say Watford knocked me out in the 1st round of the playoffs which i wasn't surprised given our from. At one stage we had 1 win in 12.

Standout players

Becchio 24goals

Hateley 15 assist playing in midfield

Board has asked for promotion this year so have really pushed to bring in some quality aswell as move the high earners that were average players.

2nd yr ins:

Jan Wuytens free

Ryan Mcgowan 1.5

Adam Smith loan

Denis Stracqualuris free (Younger, stronger Becchio)

John Guidetti loan

Marc Albrighton 950k

Andros Townsend loan

Thinking if i should blow my budget on Thomas Ince or Luke Freeman, both are young and could be in the england team a few yrs down the track but are pricey

Outs:

Alot of deadwood

Becchio 2.3 Played awesome but had a better replacement and the money really helped to revamp the team

McCormack 2 Spent most of the yr injured

And i still can't get rid of bloody Nunez

Played most of last yr with a 4-5-1 but teams with a packed midfield would just boss me around even when i was at home so trying a 4-4-2 this yr

In March sitting top, not too sure how as we haven't been great and we aren't ready to go up, but we'll take it as it comes. Team is:

Paddy

Bates - Pearce - Lees

Byram ----------------- White

Bodde - Torres - Austin

Boudjemaa

McCormack

Subs:

Ashdown

Wilson

Peltier

Norris

Pohjanpalo

Diouf

Green

Well just got to january sitting in 4th place 9 points off automatic places and 6 clear of 7th so looking good just been taken over aswell but unfortunatly no extra funds have been provided so im looks like no signings in the transfer window just an update on formation i have had to go to a 5-1-2-2 as i was leaking goals left right an centre but since changing to this i have looked alot more secure at the back and managed to put a decent run together which saved my job thankfully

Nice work, Be interesting to see what budget you get. Currently at Jan in 2nd season. Leading the championship, think if i don't go up this yr a might go broke

I have no idea but I'm preparing to do it on the cheap, getting Gary Fletcher Taylor on a free to compete for AMC and cover positions, he had a great season, looking at Luke Freeman to replace Ross and then try and get a more proven poacher too, need a CB, GK, LWB and a CM as well probably

Great thread this big Leeds fan myself, I started off my new Fm13 career with them as i do every new fm and like every new fm i'm struggling with them :(:).. i always start off with semi pro rep as i like a challenge and this might be 1 of reasons i'm struggling as when i go to any players form and look at player feedback they all nearly say "struggling to motivate themselves as me as manager" something i expect obviously with my rep.

Anyway as for my current save.. i'm in November and currently 20th in leagues getting no consistency what so ever hence my position in league

my team set up is

Kenny (GK/D

Peltier (RFB/D

Lees (RCD/D

Pearce(LMD/D

White(WB/S

Diouf(RM/S

Austin(BWM/D

Green(BTB/S

Pugh(DW/S

Becchio(TM/S

McCormick(P/A

This is with a standard 442 with Rigid and attack.. my defense are my main problem all at moment with average rating of about 6.6 6.7 at best.. peltier as been shocking i leave his sliders on there default what comes with my strategy and philosophy and his setting of full back/defend.. Green as been disappointing as well as a box to box midfielder.. i probably just need a few tweaks here and there and for my rep to go up but that's unlikely at moment with how rubbish i'm doing :)

Play Byram ahead of Peltier, you wont regret it

Well i did actually mean to say I've started playing him and seems more consistent, peltier as shocking stats for captain as well although i changed that as well

Wasn't happy with the first team that I pulled together, so second start and here is the team.

GK Kenny, Ashdown.

DR Vanden Borre (free), Byram, Peltier.

DL Drury, Denswill.

DC Pearce, Lees, Stefano Denswill (loan).

DMC Austin, Juan Manuel Torres (£1.5M, most over 48), Michael Fink (free).

AMR Diouf, Adryan (£875K over 48).

AML Varney, Diouf.

ST Darwin Quintero (£3.9M, £1M up front & rest over 48), Becchio, McCormack, Joel Pohjanpolo (£100k).

Usuals on bench.

White, Rachubka, Thompson, Poleon sold for just under double their value. Pugh sold to Charlton for £550k over 48 (they come in for him once you reject their bid for Brown), Kis & Brown for their value and whatever I could get for Somma. Offering out Nunez every day but no interest (obviously).

I figured that I needed a proper goal scorer and I'm hoping that Quintero will fire like on FM 11 & 12. He bagged two in the League Cup first round - so far so good.

Players arriving on frees on 1.1.13:

Fernando Henrique, GK.

Ignacio Canuto, DC.

Julio Cesar, versatile quality left footer.

When these three join the side will be set for a title challenge.

The fee for and wage demands of Quintero stripped the budgets bare and as a result I missed out on Madson this time. The new side lacks a quality DL but I haven't got the wage budget to sign one of the quality frees available. In this save I also delayed bidding for Adryan until he turned 18 yo so I could offer him a five year deal. By then I'd pulled the side together and his salary demands were actually lower than signing him at start up. After seeing screen shots of him a few years in, I'm intending to use him as a regular starter. I'll rotate McCormack/Diouf/Varney around him.

I terminated the contacts of all staff and added those Coaches that I detailed in my earlier posts. I also added Marcelo Luchesi (5* fitness) & Salvino Damioa (4 1/2* GK coach).

Some nice signings there Nicko, You know goals won't be a problem with Quintero.

5 Games left in my 2nd season and holding onto 2nd spot by 4 points. Adryan had a bit of trouble settling and had a mth off but he is coming along nicely now.

I've retrained him to play RW as Hiljemark has improved heaps and holds my playmaker slot

Some nice signings there Nicko, You know goals won't be a problem with Quintero.

5 Games left in my 2nd season and holding onto 2nd spot by 4 points. Adryan had a bit of trouble settling and had a mth off but he is coming along nicely now.

I've retrained him to play RW as Hiljemark has improved heaps and holds my playmaker slot

That's exactly my plan for Adryan too. Hiljemark looks quality. I'll have him in my shortlist for later I think.

You're right about Darwin - he scores again in the first League game.

Went into the last game of the season holding onto 2nd spot by 1 point, smashed Millwall 4-0.

Was nervous tho as my bank balance has hit the red, if i didn't go up think i would have had to start selling.

Hoping most of my squad should keep me up with 1 or 2 key signings cause i'm thinking it won't be a huge budget for next yr.

Also had 2 failed takeover bids, praying i don't get one when i'm trying to strenghten the team

looking forward to getting FM13 tomorrow and gettin stuck into the mighty Leeds once again....FM12 on my windows XP has been painfully slow. gonna load on sony vaio laptop with windows 7......will this be much faster?? playing 3rd season in prem on xp n got through 4 matches in 1 1/2 hours...doing my head in...vaio advice guys.....nothing loded on it...clean laptop???

I love the DOF, i was trying to land transfer listed Tim Weise for GK, when i manually did the bid he wanted 60k a week. Most i could offer was 36k so i set him as a transfer target and my DOF

got him to sign for 36k with hoffenhiem paying him 28k.

Not really sure to be honest. Just make sure you have it so YOU can finalise the deals or you will be getting players you don't want. But every now and then they find a gem.

I basically just went for similar to an ass man but they really just sell and put the odd bid in for players

Just starting season 3 my first in the premier

With so many loans last season my 1st team squad was pretty thin and was given 13mil to avoid relegation

Transfer in:

Javi Garcia - loan

Schneiderlin - 8.25m Hoping this guy will be my Xabi Alonso style player

Luke Devere - 975k is rated as my best CB plus he's an Aussie

Tim Weise - 3.7m only had M Ryan who just got his 1st Aussie cap but still needs a yr or 2 to be ready for the premier

M McKay 450k - Experienced midfielder on very cheap wages with surprisingly good stats. An Aussie

Tomas Necid - Free Backup target man

C Clemans 4m - Fast german winger, took abit of a punt on him but is young so should sell well if he flops

Nils Petersen - loan option to buy

Dede - loan option to buy. Young brazilian was offered to me and has high potential

Jonathan Dos Santos - loan option to buy - nice stats and backup DLP

Knew the team would take awhile to gel and usually play carp till then so went for a defensive formation.

Weise

McGowan Lees DeVere White

Schniederlin Garcia

Hiljemark

Albrighton Clemans/Freeman

Stacqualursi

Ryan

Hateley

Pearce

Austin

Wuytens

Adryan

Dos Santos

Necid

Petersen

Pohjanpalo

Mckay

Antonis - another aussie youth who i got to a champions league winner on FM12

Getting towards the end of the first transfer window and used the unwanted list to mutually terminate the contracts of Gray and Bromby freeing up some wage budget. Looking to bring Mario Bolatti in on loan if he will come and Lemaitre for DL. Toying with using the unwanted list to move on Drury on mutual termination but decency is getting the better of me - getting soft in my old age :)

EDIT Bolatti doesn't want to come - shame he's quality.

Moved Nunez on loan to Austria, 40% wage contribution and a future fee of £5K. The future fee says it all really.

Archived