Laptop Question - Processor vs RAM

Hi

My knowledge of processors is pretty limited so thought I would come here for some advice...

Anyway, I've seen two laptops for the same price but one has a Core i5 3210M with 4GB RAM and the other has a Core i5 2540M with 6GB RAM. I don't know if there is much difference between the two processors and I'm not sure how important the difference in RAM would be but would just like some opinions on which one would be the most suitable to run FM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the info :)

The only real strenuous activity it will have to do is to run FM, other than that it would only be used for browsing and Office so I guess the processor would be more important. Do you know if there is much difference between those two processors?

I would recommend the i5 3210. It's the latest generation, and comes with the HD 4000 graphics, which GREATLY improves over hd 3000 intel graphics.

Also, 6 gb of RAM is ineffective, 4gb is enough, and if you need more, you can add another 4 gigs later on.

Football Manager is a game that needs a good processor, but also need lot of RAM especially if like to play with lot of leagues. The need of a good graphic depends if you play a 3d match, if you prefer to play on 2d you don't need a good graphic card.

i5-3210M

This processor is slower than I5-2540 but supports more memory, 32gb and the memory access speed is faster

i5 2540

This processor is faster, but supports only 16gb of memory and the memory access speed is slower.

Since those two computers have the same price and based only the processor I will choose the i5-3210, because this computer is designed to live longer due his larger upgrade capability.

Archived