Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think of total training as a pie, match prep is a slice of the pie, set to very high it's a larger slice - my understanding is that once everything is fluid, reducing match prep from very high will free up more of the pie for their general training, thus making that general training more effective.

If you think of total training as a pie, match prep is a slice of the pie, set to very high it's a larger slice - my understanding is that once everything is fluid, reducing match prep from very high will free up more of the pie for their general training, thus making that general training more effective.

Yeah thats exactly what i thought

dave, i lowered from very high to medium

and i lost the first 2 game in the season.

i was unbeaten with southport on blue square

Yea I had similar problems in my game as well,not with this tactic.Havent had the chance to play due to exams.

But from what I remember,the problem is because,both his tactics and mine rely on heavily on players closing down etc.

So with more match prep training,they get less tired and hence performance is better.

But with reasonably lower match prep,the team is always more tired and hence performance is poorer.

That is why I advice everyone who uses my tactic to rest players a day after a game if they have a 2 day break and 2 days if they have a 3 day break,i.e. one training day before a game.This keeps them fresh and doesn't let this happen.Maybe you guys could try that.

Also don't drop the match prep levels drastically,but rather drop it gradually,giving the team more time to adjust.

I hope I make sense here,but this is something I discovered when I played last which was a month ago,so I am not cent percent sure.

But I guess you got the general idea.

Anyways Hough,tactic looks like a beast as always,will most definitely give it a shot before I start my work on the update I promised others,lol.

Btw,can you tell me how you embed opposition instructions?This is a new thing I am seeing,never saw it before.

I already have my wingers on man mark to get them to track back,but never realized specific man mark could do this kind of damage.lol.

By the looks of it,this might just be the ultimate tactic.I wonder how you could've made it better.

Cheers.

This tactic works much better if you do the team talks yourself, and for some reason this has made my outer strikers score much more as well.

I was just carrying on my test game just to see if this tactic could really survive the re-rank.

Higauin currently has 88 goals in 38 games and Tevez has 20 in 38 and Aguero has 15 in 37. Silva has 30 assists in 31 games Aguero has 21 and Tevez has 17.

PLayed 27 in the league won 25 drawn 2 lost 0 scored 90 conceded 16 77 points with a game in hand. 2nd place has 71 points.

In the Carling CUp Final, still in the FA CUP, and just beat Juventus 3-1 away from home in the first leg of the first knockout of the champions league and it shouldnt be too much trouble to beat them at home:)

I don't know if it is worth trying Grid Tactic or not...cause this is simply awesome!

It's just a shame that this was only a test save.

With test saves, I never usually make signings, i set up my manager profile with the name "test user" and just randomly select options, didn't load up all the leagues, didnt put much effort into team and man management.

I didnt expect to do so well with it tbh, now im regretting I didn't just start a proper career save from the off.

I'm going to now though, hopefully this will bring me years of success!

It does not 100% matter to be honest, I suppose in theory that if you put a right footed ST in the left ST position the idea would be to cut inside onto his right foot and curl/place the ball into the goal.

The idea in this tactic though is for the Right and left ST's to play as almost as Wingers, When they receive the ball they don't really cut inside they move out wide to provide space and creativity play to the central ST.

Thats one of the reasons i think he scores so many goals.

SO can i use wingers at right and left ST?

And should i training them to ST and what schedules shloud i use? For wingers or for ST?

One more thing: were's the filter's for shearch playrs?

sorry for the bad english

This tactic works much better if you do the team talks yourself, and for some reason this has made my outer strikers score much more as well.

I was just carrying on my test game just to see if this tactic could really survive the re-rank.

Higauin currently has 88 goals in 38 games and Tevez has 20 in 38 and Aguero has 15 in 37. Silva has 30 assists in 31 games Aguero has 21 and Tevez has 17.

PLayed 27 in the league won 25 drawn 2 lost 0 scored 90 conceded 16 77 points with a game in hand. 2nd place has 71 points.

In the Carling CUp Final, still in the FA CUP, and just beat Juventus 3-1 away from home in the first leg of the first knockout of the champions league and it shouldnt be too much trouble to beat them at home:)

I don't know if it is worth trying Grid Tactic or not...cause this is simply awesome!

You using the side strikers inverted or on the side of their preferred foot?

And do you use match prep attacking movement?

Im currently using the Grid press version with this really small team(started off from pyramid 10) and its working a treat,conceded only 2 from 6 and that too one from a pen and another a long shot.

I am having a similar dilemma to yours,but just the other way round.I even have this loaded as one of the 3 tactics,lol.

Hi All,

I dunno if it's just mine but i'm currentley using this tactic with Bradford in my 3rd season. I've managed to get back to back promotions using Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 back to his best tactic to the championship but now i've switched to this one i seem to be getting alot of draws. In my first 18 games i've won 8 and drew 10 lost 0, still unbeaten which is great and i'm 2nd in the league, my only defeat has come away to spurs in the carling cup after the last min of extra time (gutted so close to pens but ah well) but I was just wondering for any advice on any changes i could make to try and convert these draws into wins or if i should stick it out with this tactic or if i should switch back to Mr Hough's previous one which i've had my success with?

Any Advice would be great

Cheers

Ive started using this tactic...

I have a couple of what I call issues to me I either conceed a goal on 82 mins when winning 5 or more or I go behind to an early goal!

The thing I have done wrong is start using it in February of that season - is this tactic going to need more time?

Hough how is the latest variation of this tactic coming along?

It's a strange to be honest, I have generally beaten teams easily with Tottenham and i mean really really easy like i have played Arsenal liverpool and Man city in that order and beaten each team 4-0, I then play Chelsea and literally get played off the park and dominated, Maybe it's the match engine but that should not happen.

Gonna be playing abit more today as i have neglected FM over the past few days.

Ive started using this tactic...

I have a couple of what I call issues to me I either conceed a goal on 82 mins when winning 5 or more or I go behind to an early goal!

The thing I have done wrong is start using it in February of that season - is this tactic going to need more time?

This is probably the most annoying thing about FM for me this year, It's that single solitary goal that the opposition score after you are winning by a massive margin.

Something you can maybe look into i haven't tried this though is that maybe your team gets a bit complacent and switches off after going so far ahead so maybe bring on a few players and ask them in the instructions to go and prove something, maybe that will send a message to the team to stay focused.

As i say i haven't tried this but something you can try.

This is probably the most annoying thing about FM for me this year, It's that single solitary goal that the opposition score after you are winning by a massive margin.

Something you can maybe look into i haven't tried this though is that maybe your team gets a bit complacent and switches off after going so far ahead so maybe bring on a few players and ask them in the instructions to go and prove something, maybe that will send a message to the team to stay focused.

As i say i haven't tried this but something you can try.

I'll give that a go and let you know what happens !

78 league goals (118 overall) for higuain in his first season at the club and my first season in at the club.

This tactic broke the game. 142 league goals aguero got 26 and tevez got 23 whilst Neymar got 16 in 15 appearances.

All these Results have been with the New 4-1-2-3, I had a fantastic season with tottenham only lost one game through the entire season and that was in the league.

I wanna do another test as i do have a fairly decent squad so i'm gonna test with a default side and see how it does then.

Transfers-1.jpg

TottenhamSquad-3.jpg

TottenhamFinalLeague.jpg

Etoo.jpg

I'm giving this also a test run, i play with France, and still hoping for a team so i can play double, let you know

But one question on the midfield, Sissokho,Cabaye and M'Vila, or Nasri?

Strikers are Benzema-Giroud -Remy

Thanx

I'm giving this also a test run, i play with France, and still hoping for a team so i can play double, let you know

But one question on the midfield, Sissokho,Cabaye and M'Vila, or Nasri?

Strikers are Benzema-Giroud -Remy

Thanx

You should do very well, Make sure you put your best ST in the Center position.

Mr.Hough this tactic is absolutely perfect...the original i mean.

I can take screenshots but i cba atm, so if anyone requests to see them i will.

All you need to know is that i scored 146 goals in the league, won 33 games drew 3 and lost 2.

Higuain 121 goals and 78 in the league.

Aguero 28 goals and 33 assists

Tevez 24 goals and 21 assists

Silva 49 assists in 49 games which to me is flipping ridiculous! In every game he played he set up a goal wtf :s

Neymar, who i bought mid way into the season scored 16 in 15 appearances and 9 assists.

Premier League Winner, Champions League winner (beating barca 3-0 at home and 2-0 away) , League Cup winner and unfortunately lost a 2 goal lead in the FA CUP to chelsea (who is managed by my friend in a network game) - otherwise I would have won everything but still its nothing worth discounting the tactic over!

Doing a test with Wigan and Hearts, I can already see this new tactic is amazing just from the 2 games i have played with Hearts.

I'll keep you all up to date but don't have alot of free time at the miute so testing will take some time.

In frist season whit Partizan Belgrade to do FINAL of CL Beat MU Home 0-0 Away 2-2 Beat Real Madrid home 2-1 away 1-1 beat Chelsea Away 0-0 Home 3-1 whit out any singing and lose aginst Barcelona in final 2-1 in extra time i did lead 1-0 and they equliase in 89 minut.

So will this tackick come today to wait or finish one more season whit this tackick?

Win league 20 points Ahead

Started for this tactic a new game with Feyenoord, only signs are Erasmus and on loan Petrucci, Great tactic already, giving more feedback when the season is over.

And Mr Hough if you want me to test a tactic for you let me know, i can play al day now, because of a injury

EDIT

indeed what to do in case of a red card?

i have a query. in the team instructions the team are asked to play the ball down both flanks,is this correct? i used this for a short while and the results were not as impressive as others that have used it. i changed it to through the middle and have seen an immediate change. i am now scoring more and conceding less. and its starting to look like i will achieve what other users have!!

my query is shall i keep it as original (down both flanks) and hope that it comes good or keep it through the middle???? help please!!!

in reference to the above post. i decided to keep the original for home games and adjust to thru the middle for away games and tough opposition as i tend to concede less goals when playing thru the middle??

first 2 seasons i played rooney in the central role with hernandez and welbeck either side, for the 3rd season i changed and put hernandez as central striker with rooney and hamsik/welbeck on either side. hernandez has been a revelation in this position scoring 61 goals in all comps including 13 hat-tricks!!!! its not even January yet. absolutely love this tactic but i wish i had played hernandez centrally from day one :p

i have the team to play on varied (sorry i am dutch) just won the mls cup and im in CONCACAF CL quater Finale keane scoored 65 goals in 37 matches so far. David Beckham makes 6 million a year my team pays 10 million a year on total salary. he is 36 now and he doesn't want a contract with less salary.(sorry again)

i used both. just finished my 3rd season won everything again!!! hernandez was on fire,love this tactic!!!!

tQhxJ.png

23 hat-tricks for the season, unbelievable :D

Does this tactic work well with United? Would love to use it with my favourite team!

What was your line-up? I just want to know how you used Rooney, Hernandez, Young and Nani together :S

Does this tactic work well with United? Would love to use it with my favourite team!

What was your line-up? I just want to know how you used Rooney, Hernandez, Young and Nani together :S

it did eventually it was a little slow to start with but stick with it. i ended up changing team instructions to thru the middle as it seemed to help with the defence.

after 2 seasons i felt i had the right players for the tactic so i then played original at home and thru the middle on away days. it seemed to work for me.

1st 2 seasons i played rooney in central role then changed to hernandez for 3rd to devastating effect!

i did sell nani as i dont really like him as a player so played hernandez/young and welbeck/berbatov on the outside.

i bought hamsik for 3rd season hoping to play him in the str L/R position but didnt do much so i played him in the mc role. below is my 1st eleven for 3rd season

QZ9DP.png

what i do struggle with is match preparation. i think for 4th season i will let ass amn do it and see what happens

Been using this tactic now for 10 games, i'm in 2017 and have just taken over at Southampton. They were 12th in the Premier League when I took over, since then i've won 8, drawn 2 and lost 0 in all competitions. This includes a 4-3 win away at the current CL winners Tottenham, a 4-2 win away at Stoke, and a 3-3 draw away at Man Utd in the FA Cup. I'm now 7th in the league, and just 2 points off 6th placed Liverpool. Superb tactic Mr Hough.

it did eventually it was a little slow to start with but stick with it. i ended up changing team instructions to thru the middle as it seemed to help with the defence.

after 2 seasons i felt i had the right players for the tactic so i then played original at home and thru the middle on away days. it seemed to work for me.

1st 2 seasons i played rooney in central role then changed to hernandez for 3rd to devastating effect!

i did sell nani as i dont really like him as a player so played hernandez/young and welbeck/berbatov on the outside.

i bought hamsik for 3rd season hoping to play him in the str L/R position but didnt do much so i played him in the mc role. below is my 1st eleven for 3rd season

what i do struggle with is match preparation. i think for 4th season i will let ass amn do it and see what happens

I always go with attacking movement and ive been using it with a very high workload. During the re-rank period i change to very high teamwork if i can see a dip in performance but then i soon change back to very high att movement after the re-rank period is over!

Archived