Ever had a player score 100 goals in a season

Jesus! Most i've ever got has been 51! I need to find a better tactic..
just that one player score lots of goals does not mean its a good tactic, focusing all you play on geting one player to be very productive may reduce the overall productivity of the rest of your team and it would also make you very dependant on this one player who score all those goals

if for example this one player hit a streak of bad form or worse, pick up a long term injury....then your results on the pitch will probably also take a nosedive

It is getting ever harder, back on FM09 I was having rampant success and when I got an editor to finally begin looking into it there were next to no 'proper' managers in the premiership. Most were very low CA players who had become managers.

In Spain for a while Rafa Benitez was the only manager with a recogniseable name. Anyway, here is what his team did one season:

realmadrid.jpg

They broke the goal counter, it stops at 255 so how many they actually scored is something I never checked out, but despite all my own successes and even when Keirrison was a regular 100+ goal a season scorer, I never did anything like that. Funny thing is when they played an average team in the CL who had a decent manager they lost, and when Benitez left they had a regen manager take over and were struggling to finish top 4.

just wow i got my city team to score 160 league goals in FM13 and i thought that was probably the best legitamte record i've seen for a while... but for the AI to do that.. just WOW

Not even got close on the newer editions of the game. On FM05 I had a player who had several seasons in a row of being in the 60s for total goals but he was my first-choice CF in my best ever FM team and had near-perfect goalscorer ratings. This year the best I've had is one of my players winning the European Golden Boot with 29 goals, when he only really found any goalscoring form when I took over in January. High hopes for what I can do with him in my first full season.

A few FM's ago I had a Danish regen make it to 100. But EVERYTHING was going through him, it was set up so he could score all those goals. He took the free kicks, penalties, while corners were aimed at him.

Best I've had this year is about 80 or so in all competitions, with a top lone striker in a team set up to attack with top players, though he wasn't the sole goalscoring focus. I'm sure if I'd altered the tactic I'd have got him to 100.

Currently have a striker in my Athletic team who is destroying the la liga defences, I might tweak it to make him the sole goalscorer.

Archived