Associazione Sportiva Pizzighettone

siLKEAPE

Welcome!

In here I will post updates on my current savegame with A.S.Pizzighettone. I holidayed through the first season that saw Pice promoted to Serie C2/A and I couldn't resist taking charge over them.

My goals for this career will be to slowly create a tactical system which I can stick to, and of course try to sign as few foreginers as possible.

Setup: The playable country is Italy, but I added the two top divisions of England, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal as view-only. I also loaded all players from within Italy, and players from top clubs from all continents.

AS_Pizzighettone_logo.png

Associazione Sportiva Pizzighettone

1330610228.png

The club was promoted to Serie C1/A in 2005, but was relegated back to SerieC2/A in 2007. Only two years later Pice found themselves back in Serie D.

A.S Pizzighettone has Brescia listed as a fierce rival and it would be amazing to one day play in their league and of course beat them aswell.

1330610228_1.png

Hopefully these can be upgraded, but I think it will be very difficult to raise serious money in this division.

My personal goal for this season is to avoid relegation. Hopefully we can prove the media predicion of 20th to be wrong, at least by a couple positions.

Pre-season 2012/2013 - Serie C2/A

The formation:

1330612974.png

I intend to play with a deep defensive line and focus on counter-attacking down the flanks. Hopefully our striker Bassani will bag the necessary goals for survival.

Transfers:

1330612973.png

The one that really stands out here is our new central defender Dante Mazzoncini. Really satisfied with this signing!

The Serie C-cup group stage didn't quite go like I had hoped, but atleast the players got the chance to get more familiar with the system.

1330614097.png

None of the teams managed to completely dominate us and in the 1-1 draw against rivals Pergocrema we played really well.

Hopefully it won't take too many league games before Gianluca Mazzini leads A.S Pizzighettone to their first win of the season.

Thanks for the kind words SLR88, withnail316 and Deisler26!

Deisler26: May I add that it was reading your Catenaccio-thread the other day that in a big way inspired me to do this. I had not played FM since before christmas when I read your thread and it was absolutely amazing, congratulations on your achievements!

In my first league game my AML and playmaker suffered an injury, putting him on the sideline for a good month and a half. His immediate replacement in the AML position would be a quite pacy winger, but as he has the football intelligence of a goat I was forced to change my formation in order to get some creative support for my striker Bassani.

This is what the formation looks like at the moment:

1330700112.png

The deep lying striker Irrazabal now works as my creative force upfront, supporting Bassani's poaching skills.

As you can see I also moved the LB up to WB in order to close down the opponent more effectively. Except for one game I haven't really noticed players exploiting the space behind him yet - so far so good.

The first 10 league games:

1330700112_1.png

This is going well over my expectations! We are looking good in both defence and attack, and we have yet to be dominated by anyone. The only downside is that everytime we take the lead a lot of my players seem to get nervous and shaky, especially my midfielders.

League table:

1330700112_2.png

Hopefully the eventual dip in form won't arrive too soon! My most impressing player so far would have to be our topscorer Bassani, but I think he wouldn't play nearly as good if it weren't for Irrazabal.

We are however, not to anyones surprise, struggling a bit financially. We are using every penny of our wagebudget and not attracting too many spectators. Last time I played in the lower Italian leagues I had a really positive effect from a fan-day, so hopefully my board will arrange one.

In the 10 next games we didn't look quite as good as we had done in the previous 10. We started leaking some silly goals and our main striker had a 8 hour drought. However we managed to get two really nice home wins in our last two games of 2012. This boosted our morale greatly and I can't say I'm anything but satisfied with how my team has preformed so far overall.

Last 10 games:

1330762853.png

The league table after 20 games:

1330762853_1.png

We were actually placed outside the playoffs for most of this 10-game period, but the two vital 4-1 wins towards the end rocketed us back up.

We are however struggling financially, and these are the dire numbers:

1330762853_2.png

The wage budget is maxed out, so I don't think anyone will come in during the january window unless I can sell one of the bigger earners.

In other news third-placed Carpi was overtaken by an Australian tycoon already planning to invest heavily in their facilities and new players.

I signed Irrazabal a few times on FM11, and he could be quite handy. Hope he continues that for you in FM12. :thup:

He didn't start very well, but he has now overtaken Bassani as our topscorer as he suffered a goal drought. I think he has 10 goals in 20 games in all competitions at the moment.

So, the next 10 games was to be the real test for us. Could we stay inside the playoff-zone and even perhaps cut down the gap up to the direct promotion spots? Answers; barely and no.

1330853693.png

Strikers with dry spells, injuried central midfielders and fullbacks and demoralized defenders sums up this period. My main goalkeeper broke his leg in january, but I managed to pick up a loanee in the last minute of the transfer window. The main problem is not that we are leaking tons of goals, because for a newly promoted team we doing OK defensively. It's the strikers ability to hit the posts aswell as the spectators behind the goal that is the main reason we are dropping slowly down the table. Anyway, this had to come sooner or later, and I am satisfied with the season so far nonetheless.

1330853693_1.png

Trying a more defensive approach and focusing on set-pieces in training as it's the only way I seem to score at the moment.

The more defensive approach worked, as the fixture list of our last 8 games proves. Allthough we didn't score very much, we were once again solid defensively.

With better results our morale shot back up, but just before halftime in the last game of the season both my strikers had to go off injuried.

1330890768.png

We eventually finished within the playoff-zone with a neat 6th place finish. We were up against Montichiari:

1330890769.png

With both of my strikers out injuried it became even more difficult to be a threat in front of goal. We were defeated fair and square, but hopefully we will be back next year!

Final league table:

1330890769_1.png

I am very proud we managed to finish this high. It will hopefully give us a good platform to build from for next season, and hopefully the board won't cut my wagebudget despite our financial position being described as insecure.

Player of the season:

Dante Mazzoncini (DC) - My best player and captain, finished the season with 39apps-9goals-6MoM-7,13avg. Played solid all season and managed to net a few goals from set-pieces aswell. Will probably prove himself just as vital next season.

A lot of my players demanded too high wages for me to keep them at the club, so I think the team is going to be very different next season. Hopefully I will be able to keep the most important ones, but I allready had to let my goalkeeper go in the summer.

Thanks for the words B.H.G, Nobby_McDonald, deltablue, deisler26 !

The first season was a success, however the financial situation is even worse than I imagined. The board just cancelled youth facilities we were renting!

Pre-season report coming soon.

Pizzighettone.png

As I announced earlier I had to let a few semi-important players go in the summer due to their wage demands. Our wage budget was lowered from £9k to £8k this season making the challenge of assemblig a squad a bit more difficult. Hopefully the squad I managed to bring together in the end will prove itself to be better than last years, despite the lowered wage budget.

Season goals:

- Finish in the playoff-zone

- Make it past the group stage in the Serie C cup.

- Better the financial situation

Summer transfer overview

Of the players I brought inn, these will play a key role this season:

Giuseppe de Luca, Striker - Will rotate with Bassani this season, hopefully the competition will do them both good. We suffered greatly last spring when we had to play Bassani despite his horrible form.

Edu , DMC - Will be one of our most important players this season. Hopefully he will boss the midfield.

Giuseppe Grasso , MC - Will play as a playmaker in my new 4-1-3-2 formation. Allready proved to master the role pretty well in the friendlies.

Graziano Tunno , ST - Picked up this youngster for free during the summer. According to my scouts he has the potential to become far better than my current striker, so I might give him a couple of minutes this season.

The formation this year will look like this:

1331064807_1.png

We were actually the team letting in the least goals in the league last year, and hopefully we will be solid this season aswell. If we can make the attack gel better aswell I think we are candidates for playoff. Forza Pice!!

Archived