• Last Reply

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - New Job - England

Name: England

Nickname: The Three Lions

FA Founded: 1863

Stadium: Wembley (90,000)

englandjobjuly2016.png

My first fray into international management is with the country I am from. I have a tough act to follow, as the previous manager, Stuart Pearce, won the European Championships this summer. Also with some key players now getting a bit old a bit of reshaping of the side may be needed.

FA Expectations

Wolrd Cup Qualifying: Qualify for the 2018 World Cup with ease

Personal Expectations

Wolrd Cup Qualifying: Not as over the top as the FA, but I do expect us to qualify from this group

World Cup Qualifying Group

engwcqgroup2016.png

A couple of tricky away games to come in our quest to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, but I think we should still be able to qualify from this group. Our first game is away against San Marino. Before that we don't have the opportunity for a friendly, so we will have to hit the ground running.

I would still expect you to qualify but that is not the easiest group. Great season with Swansea as well winning the EPL was brilliant.

Are you still at Swansea? I remember a thread with someone saying they would quit their club job to take an international one, just can't remember if it was you or not lol.

I would still expect you to qualify but that is not the easiest group. Great season with Swansea as well winning the EPL was brilliant.

Are you still at Swansea? I remember a thread with someone saying they would quit their club job to take an international one, just can't remember if it was you or not lol.

I did say that, but I have decided to stay with Swansea. Just a bit further up the page I gave a hypothetical scenario of what I would do if England job became available and if I got it;

if the England job becomes available after Euro 2016 i will apply for it. If i get the job i will manage both Swansea and England for a season before leaving The Liberty at the end of the season so i can have a year as fulltime England manager in the run up to the 2018 World Cup.

I am going to stick to this plan.

That is a pretty tricky group but you should still be able to qualify.

Yes so do I. I really hope I replicate the fooball I play with Swansea aswell, that would be awesome.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2016/17 - Swansea City A.F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Qualify for Europa League

FA Cup: Reach the quarter finals

League Cup: Not important

Community Shield: Not important

Champions League: Enjoy the experience

Personally I think the board have been a bit negative in their expectations for the side this season.

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in the top four

FA Cup: Reach the quarter finals

League Cup: Win a fourth in a row

Community Shield: It's a trophy up for grabs - win it!

Champions League: Qualify for the first knockout round

Budgets

Transfer: £31,971,096

Wages: £778,071 (Currently spending £725,981)

Balance: £21,357,447 (Up £5,536,627 from last season)

Another good transfer budget for us to work with and hopefully build upon last seasons success. The bank balance is in a good situation, and as with last season it will only get better with more Champions League football and high finishes in the Premier League.

An update of the squad will be posted at the end of the transfer window along with news of our new arrivals and departures.

I did say that, but I have decided to stay with Swansea. Just a bit further up the page I gave a hypothetical scenario of what I would do if England job became available and if I got it;

I am going to stick to this plan.

I missed that bit, good luck with England.

Excellent news :thup:

As I've said a few times, it has been one of the more annoying aspects of managing Swansea - the boards reluctance to improve the facilities.

I missed that bit, good luck with England.

I might need a bit. The side is quite old, I'm surprised they managed to win the Euro's. First things first, remove John Terry as captain - he's 35 for goodness sake!

About time getting the facilities upgraded as well.

I quite agree. I've only been asking since I was appointed!

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2016/17 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

summertransfers2016.png

Quite alot of money spent this summer. This is because I really want to retain the Premier League title this season before I more than likely leave the club next summer. All the players who were sold over the summer wanted to leave the club due to, in their opinion, not getting enough first team football last term. The only one I am bothered about is Ashley Williams. He was always excellent for us, and I hoped he would stay, but it was not to be.

The players that came in will hopefully help push us towards another title this term.

Leonidas Moysiadis

A young goalkeeper, he will be my third choice in the coming season after Portuguese man Moreira retired.

Michal Koziol

A very good young midfielder, he could really turn into a creative force for years to come. He's sure to get a bit of game time this term.

Jason Malpass

Looks like a superb player for one so young. For £9.25million there is a fair bit of pressure on his shoulders, and because of that I'm going to ease him into things.

Carlos Vela

After some good performances whilst on loan in the second half of last season, I decided to make a permanent offer for him. The agreed price was £4.6million, but PSG accepted much less than that. Likely to be more of an impact player, he can also cover the AML role.

Lizandro Perez

An excellent looking young defender. I had to pay more than I wanted, but he should serve the club well for a long time to come.

Alex Teixeira

My marquee signing of the summer. Looking at my squad I might have a bit to do to fit him in, but he adds a different dimension to the side with his pace and dribbling ability.

Preseason

preseason201617.png

As is always the case I don't play many preseason friendlies, though this year I went for a couple of slightly more competitive games than what I usually play. We got a nice win ver Anderlecht and then drew with Club Brugges in a game we dominated. The two games set us up nicely for the Community Shield though.

Community Shield

comunityshieldgameaug20.png

Not a particularly good performance, but we managed to keep the ball well for the most part and secure a 1-0 win. Another trophy in the bag.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesaug2016.png

pltableaug2016.png

Seven point from three games constitutes a solid start to the season, althhough looking at our scores so far, a severely unspectacular one. Still, we got a decent 1-0 win over Manchester United, and followed it up with a battling draw at Tottenham. We were lacklustre against Southampton, but still got the win.

The new players haven't really been bloodied into the side as of yet, and Nestor Schmidt is yet to play because of an injury picked up at the Olympics. After the international break we face QPR away an I'm sure things will begin to click into place a bit more.

Champions League

After our success in last seasons Champions League, we were amongst the third set of seeds this time around. However, we still got handed a fairly tough group;

clgroup201617.png

After last seasons exploits I don't see why we can't manage another good campaign this season. A quarter final place again perhaps?

Some very nice signings there Tom and a great start to the season really. You couldnt have asked for much more in all honesty. I think you can qualify from that group.

Some very nice signings there Tom and a great start to the season really. You couldnt have asked for much more in all honesty. I think you can qualify from that group.

I agree that it has been a good start, but I just think that we perhas haven't been as fluid as we can be just yet.

As for the Champions League, I certainy agree with you - we should qualify from this group.

Thomas Lewis' Career -September 2016 - England

Before we started our World Cup qualifying campaign I had to name a new England captain, and my selection was made not just for now, but for the future aswell.

newenglandcaptainsep201.png

Wayne Rooney wasn't best pleased, but I'm sure he's man enough to just take it on the chin and get on with it.

World Cup Qualifying

wcqsep2016.png

wcqtablesep2016.png

Well we really couldn't have got off to a better start. In the San Marino game I handed out debuts to three Swansea players; Leon Britton, Josh McEachran, and Jason Malpass. Britton was the only starter, and he played well in the 6-0 win over San Marino. Another Swansea player, Danny Welbeck, was brilliant too, scoring four goals from the AMR position. We followed that up with a cracking 5-0 win against Ukraine, to give us six points from two games.

Up next in October is France away.

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesseptember2016.png

pltableseptember2016.png

A very good month for us with two very good away wins and a solid home win. We tore QPR apart, and although all the goals came in the second half, it was always a case of how many we would get after getting that first goal. Was very pleased for Jasn Malpass, who got his first goals since joining us. The Newcastle result looks comfortable, btu they gave us a real game and had they finished better it could have been very different. And away at Everton we were outstanding. We dominated possession and barely gave them a sniff, and although we didn't get the second until late in the game, we were never in any trouble.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturessept2016.png

Dire performance. Thank goodness for one of their players giving a penalty away in the 113th minute of the game. Must do better in the next round, which is Wolves at home.

September 2016 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessept2016.png

cltablesept2016.png

A fantastic start to this sason Champions League campaign. Against Inter we played very well, bossing it with 59% of the possession. They did have 21 attempts at goal, but they only managed three on target and most of them were outside the box. Away to Porto we actually lost the battle for possession for the first time this season, but switching early on the counter-attacking paid off, as we came away with a superb 2-0 victory. Don;t worry, I was thinking the same as you - what on earth was Angel Rangel doing getting into a goal scoring position!

Up next is a double header against Hannover. Take four points from thse two games and we should be qualified for the 1st knockout round.

Brilliant month all round. Couldnt have wished for a better start in Europe.

We did get a bit battered by Porto, but we played excellently on the counter attack.

Impressive start in europe, what seed were you?

I was amongst the third seeds this season. Last season we were in the fourth set of seeds.

Looks like another strong campaign for you, hopefully you can sustain the charge on all fronts.

Retaining the league title would suit me. :thup:

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2016 - England

World Cup Qualifying

soctober2016.png

wcqtableoctober2016.png

One game have been drawn, but still a very good couple of games for us. The French dominated for long spells and had we lost I don't we really could have complained, but vice-captain Wayne Rooney popped up with an equaliser in the 89th minute to keepmus top of the group. The one downside, from a Sansea point of view, was an injury picked up by Danny Welbeck. He has been ruled out for 4-5 weeks, and I can't even blame his international manager!

We played very well against Lithuania, but probably didn't score as many as we should have. Still, Wayne Rooney popped up with another couple of goals in our 4-0 win. He now has seven goals in four games since I took over, and has helped us to a two point lead at the top of our group.

That's it for World Cup Qualifiers this year. Our next fixture is a friendly away to Serbia in November. I might fit in anther friendly aswell so I can have a look at a few players.

That will only help the cash flow.

And we need it after the investment in the squad in the summer!

A stadium capacity more worthy of your station.

Indeed it is. However, I still think we would better served pouring our money into improving other facilities.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesoctober2016.png

pltableoctober2016.png

A super month for us, winning three out of four with the only dropped points coming in a very good draw away at Manchester City. Despite banging four past West Brom, I was a bit disappointed to concede two goals after been in such a superior position. The same happened at Fulham aswell. 2-0 up and cruising, then we conceded a sloppy goal and had a nervy

end to the game. Must do better. We got a great pint at City. We shaded possession, but they had so many shots that we were a bit fortunate to still be in the game late on. We were however, and Scott Sinclair grabbed us a point. The Blackburn game was a game we would have played a couple of years ago - we dominated possession and created a fair few chances, but just couldn't score. That man Scott Sinclair popped up again though and got the winner in the 81st minute.

After beating Blackburn we went top of the league after Manchester City could only draw at Arsenal earlier in the day. Our efforts this month earned me the Manager Of The Month award for October.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoctober2016.png

A terrific performance, and it's always niced to hammer a side managed by the Swans former manager. We cmpletely dominated them, and thoroughly deserved our 4-1 win. Another League Cup on the cards? Well we should definitely get into the semi-finals - we face League 1 Colchester United in the quarters.

October 2016 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoctober2016.png

cltableoctober2016.png

Another very good win on the road for us in Europes Elite competition. Mr.Reliable Scott Sinclair broke the deadlock for us, and later on in the game Jason Malpass sealed the win. We face Hannover at the Liberty next, knowing that if we match Porto's result against Inter we will qualify for the 1st knockout round.

Beat Arsenal, they sack their manager, and I'm favourite for the job;

arsenallinknov2016.png

They're fourth for goodness sake. Don't think I'd like to work for such a volatile chairman, even with the huge transfer budget I'd be likely to get.

And now I'm linked with another club with a ridiculous chairman;

chelsealinknov2016.png

They're struggling in 14th and their squad is full of ageing players. A total rebranding of the squad would be needed and if I didn't get instant success I'd be up for the chp aswell. Thanks, but no thanks.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Novmeber 2016 - England

International Friendly

serbiaawaynov2016.png

A good victory in the always volatile arena of Serbia. They may be down in 33rd place in the World Rankings, but travelling to Serbia is always tough. We were still without Danny Welbeck, and Kyle Walker was rested due to tiredness. Scott Sinclair continued his excellent form for club and country, and vice-captain Rooney, who is struggling for Manchester United, maintained his irresistible international form. They both set up each others goals.

I do have Spain loaded, i wouldn't be linked with the job otherwise.

It is a moot point anyway, as i won't leave midseason.

Oh right, i wasnt sure as there was no interaction box on the news item. I agree about not moving :thup:

Archived