The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rangers' wantaway midfielder Mikel Arteta has reportedly agreed terms to join Real Sociedad.

Arteta has been informed he can leave Ibrox during the summer and has been chased by a string of clubs across the continent.

UEFA Champions League runners-up Monaco had appeared to be favourites to land the Spaniard while Paris Saint Germain - where he spent a spell on loan - are also keen on Arteta.

But reports in Spain now claim Sociedad have won the chase for Arteta, with the 22-year-old concurring on a four-year contract.

The stumbling block for pushing through the deal, though, is Sociedad have yet to agree on a fee with Rangers.

Sociedad are believed to have offered only €3.5 million (£2.25 million) for Arteta while The Gers are holding out for double that figure.

Officials from both clubs have been locked in talks regarding the price tag and Sociedad will hope they can thrash out a deal, having agreed terms with the player.

If Arteta does clinch his move to the Anoeta, Sociedad are likely to sell either Xabi Alonso or Nihat Kahveci to balance the books.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully the Xabi ALonso to Real goes through so we can get the 3.5million + 20% sell on fee for Mikel, then we can maybe buy some decent player.

In other news we have appeared to pull out of the race fro Novo since Dundee upped thier bid to 700k :/

money we just don't have.

Also the Davie Cooper memorial statue in Hamilton has been vandalised again icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ter:

What's this I'm hearing that we're close to securing a deal to sign Marcus Allback?

Mate text me during the football? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be a decent signing for you guys i'd think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

As it's fairly obvious I have a big rubbery one for Novo, I think he could do great in the SPL for us as he's done it for Dundee already.

Europe, i'm not so sure of.

At least you lot are out of the race, apparently so at least icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You'll pay more than Rangers tho...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DodgyG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

As it's fairly obvious I have a big rubbery one for Novo, I think he could do great in the SPL for us as he's done it for Dundee already.

Europe, i'm not so sure of.

At least you lot are out of the race, apparently so at least icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You'll pay more than Rangers tho... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pay more? we won't pay ANYTHING

Yeah a big improvement on his last game. Seemed to be deployed a bitter further up the picth this time which showed his talents off much more.

He does look a good player. Good in the air, decent touch, good passer, no slouch and can finish given the opportunity. What more can you ask for nothing...? The fact he seems to be able to play right across the front line (left, right or centre) is also very useful.

His goal was perhaps fortunate in that Desailly miskicked to leave the chance. However Prso, got into a good position, controlled the pass sublimely and did well to flick it over Desailly's head. Also, the strike was superb. I can't remember the last time I seen a Rangers player finish a chance with such venom.

Can't wait to see him in a Rangers jersey.

See the goal here...

icon_smile.gif

I'm still not totally convinced about certain aspects of Prso's game but the one thing that looks promising is that he works his nuts off every game and if he puts in that sort of effort for us he'll do fine

Different kind of players...

Anyway, if you were to worry about every signing being a Salenko/Capucho, then we would never sign anyone.

Let's give him a few games for Rangers before we slag him off although caution is not necessarily a bad thing... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

I'm still not totally convinced about certain aspects of Prso's game but the one thing that looks promising is that he works his nuts off every game and if he puts in that sort of effort for us he'll do fine <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something Rangers lack, so he'll give them a bit of effort for a full 90.

Was Oleg the third highest scorer in the CL before he arrived? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno, was he? I was drawing parallels between the success they are having in these tournaments - Salenko scored 5 in a single world cup final game, mind?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel Blink:

Was Oleg the third highest scorer in the CL before he arrived? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno, was he? I was drawing parallels between the success they are having in these tournaments - Salenko scored 5 in a single world cup final game, mind? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prso's not an incredible player but he's shown for many years at Monaco that he's solid and dependable. He's never scored over 12 in a season but that's because he's a hold up type. He does what he does and is consistent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frankie:

Yeah a big improvement on his last game. Seemed to be deployed a bitter further up the picth this time which showed his talents off much more.

He does look a good player. Good in the air, decent touch, good passer, no slouch and can finish given the opportunity. What more can you ask for nothing...? The fact he seems to be able to play right across the front line (left, right or centre) is also very useful.

His goal was perhaps fortunate in that Desailly miskicked to leave the chance. However Prso, got into a good position, controlled the pass sublimely and did well to flick it over Desailly's head. Also, the strike was superb. I can't remember the last time I seen a Rangers player finish a chance with such venom.

Can't wait to see him in a Rangers jersey.

See the goal http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/#...

icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he won the sponsers MOM award for that game, not a bad pedigree..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GP1873:

There is supposed to be an announcment today that we have siged 1 or 2 players. Hopefully its true, bloody better be! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source?

Sounds like a followfollow exclusive icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GP1873:

There is supposed to be an announcment today that we have siged 1 or 2 players. Hopefully its true, bloody better be! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source?

Sounds like a followfollow exclusive icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It might well be a followfollow exclusive icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/fixtures/default.stm

Aberdeen away in the first game ..... Again

First Old Firm match August 28th <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sat Oct 02 2004

Aberdeen v Dundee 15:00

Dundee Utd v Celtic 15:00

Dunfermline v Hibernian 15:00

Inverness CT v Motherwell 15:00

Rangers v Kilmarnock 15:00

Strange... are Aberdeen and ICT playing their matches on the same pitch at the same time? Should be interesting icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

Here's the Rangers fixtures btw...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Rangers Fixtures 2004-2005

August

7 Aberdeen (A)

14 Livingston (H)

21 Hibernian (H)

28 Celtic (A)

September

11 Hearts (A)

18 Inverness CT (H)

25 Dundee (A)

October

2 Kilmarnock (H)

16 Motherwell (A)

23 Dundee Utd (H)

27 Dunfermline (A)

30 Aberdeen (H)

November

6 Livingston (A)

13 Hibernian (A)

20 Celtic (H)

27 Hearts (H)

December

4 Inverness CT (A)

11 Dundee (H)

18 Kilmarnock (A)

27 Motherwell (H)

January

1 Dundee Utd (A)

15 Dunfermline (H)

22 Aberdeen (A)

29 Livingston (H)

February

12 Hibernian (H)

19 Celtic (A)

March

2 Hearts (A)

5 Inverness CT (H)

12 Dundee (A)

19 Kilmarnock (H)

April

2 Motherwell (A)

9 Dundee Utd (H)

16 Dunfermline (A)</pre>

Aye, there's four dates where Aberdeen and ICT are at home on the same day.

Good old SPL.

Maybe they're spicing things up with a tag-team royal rumble.

Aberdeen (Big Daddy) and ICT (Dave Fit Findlay) versus Rangers (Giant Haystacks) and Kilmarnock (King Kendo Nagasaki)?

Archived