THE BETTER HALF´S Tactic & Training Center***Updated With TEAM TACTICS***

Here is my first season using the 4-4-2 Top Team set with Man Utd:

Fixtures:

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Didn't have a worry going into any of the matches and dominated every single one. The game against tottenham was an unfortunate loss as the strikers seemed to get confused what sport they were playing every time they got into a good position. Real Madrid absolutley destroyed us in every single way but then went on to win the Champions league so no complaints about that. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd highly recommend these tactic as theyre simple as they come and as a whole the team plays as a complete unit that 99% of the time can overcome anybody.

Really good season mate ! You destroyed the league. Against Real M, what approach did you take ?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHELSEA 41221

A TOPTEAM & MIDDLETEAM TACTIC

Notice ! The tactic is NOT uploaded. Instead, just follow the instructions as how to set it up. Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings will be pointed out in the text and/or the screenies.

Disclaimer: This is in no way an emulation.

Here, we will find not 2 or 3 but 4 approaches. When playing wih a top notch team, the aim will always be to BE IN CONTROL OF THE GAME, no matter how the opponent chose to play .The key is to see if your players are finding space that they can exploit or of they have to create it them selves, if the players need to sit deeper and counter or if you have to push up and gain control by hassle the opponent

The tactic uses complete fullbacks and a mobile and complete FC ( by quality, not role). In midfield, we use a anchorman, a creative player and one that is allowed to burst forward. Finding space. So in short, it’s a destroyer/marker, a creator and an explosive box2box. Down the wings, we use Inside forwards

As you also see, this approach is not for top teams only, but also for middle teams.

Top teams vs Middle teams – What approach am I most likely to use ?

- Well, if playing a Chelsea, you are more likely to face defensive teams and actually be able to stretch them ( as you are quality), hence using the first approach more often than lets say Blackburn, that are morel likely to use the 2 counter approaches.

General Tweaks away form the TC settings:

- Focus play set to Mixed

Also suited for : All teams that has many good central MCs and not too many FCs. Teams that do have the quality to finish top 12(!), i.e not being a real underdog

1st strategy: Attacking Possession

Although this is the main approach, you will probably need the other ones just as much. Perhaps not in the home as Chelsea in your 4th season, but as Olympiakos or Benfica in the CL, you need to be more cautious then this. Here, we play a balanced control based approach and let our wide players provide lots of width and we hassle the opponent and at the same time we try to keep possession when getting back the ball.

If playing against really deep sitting teams, It can be a good idea to actually shout “ drop deeper” in a way to stretch the opponent even more and if this ultra defensive opponent is using a holding DMC that gets a lot of ball, us the FC to man mark him and close him down always in the OI´s.

General Tweaks away form the TC settings:

- The MCright have Hold Ball set to NO ( so he never does it regardless of shouts)

- The focus play

nr1p.png

2nd Strategy Direct Counter

Here, we play on the counter, getting the ball forward. We push up the team and play more direct balls into channels for our attackers and wingers to run onto. This is a way to exploit either the gap between the opponents attacking wingers and their deep sitting defenders and/or their attacking fullbacks, playing the ball over the top. If the opponents its with the while team behind the ball, this approach can be fruitless

nr2u.png

3rd Strategy: A BALANCED APPROACH

Here, we try to sit with more men behind the ball, retaining possession and keeping the ball in the team. Obvious, we will still burst at goal and since we play with 4 attacking minded players (by roles and player types), this will happen often. The fullbacks will not join the attacks but instead move up with the rest of the team and keep the shape. We keep dribbling to a minimum and play a shorter passing game. In short, we play a nice possession based approach in that sense that we keep possession in good positions and restrict the opponent to keeping possession far away from our goal.

If being uncertain how to start a match, this is ALWAYS a good option

nr3c.png

4th Strategy: Cautious Counter

Here, we are playing much more cautious, perhaps an approach that will mainly be used away to really good teams or when wanting to grind out a result ort hold on to a results. To cool things down a bit.

nr4a.png

ITALIAN 4312

A TOP TEAM & MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

Notice! The tactic is NOT uploaded. Instead, just follow the instructions as how to set it up. Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings will be pointed out in the text and/or the screenie.

Disclaimer: This is in no way emulation.

Here, we will find not 2 or 3 but 4 approaches. When playing with a top notch team, the aim will always be to BE IN CONTROL OF THE GAME, no matter how the opponent chose to play .The key is to see if your players are finding space that they can exploit or of they have to create it them selves, if the players need to sit deeper and counter or if you have to push up and gain control by hassle the opponent. As you also see, this approach is not for top teams only, but also for middle teams.

Top teams vs. Middle teams – What approach are I most likely to use?

Well, if playing as Milan, you are more likely to face defensive teams and actually be able to stretch them ( as you are quality), hence using the first approach more often than lets say Genoa, that are morel likely to use the more balanced possession approach

Suited for:

Almost all Italian Teams, teams that do have the quality to finish top 12(!), i.e. not being a real underdog along with having many box2box midfielders, wingbacks/fullbacks and few wingers

1st strategy: Attacking Possession

Here, we play a balanced control based approach and let our fullbacks bomb the flanks and provide the width along with our attackers and box2box MCs that moves into channels players provide lots of width and we hassle the opponent and at the same time we try to keep possession when getting back the ball.

If playing against really deep sitting teams, It can be a good idea to actually shout “drop deeper” in a way to stretch the opponent even more and if this ultra defensive opponent is using a holding DMC that gets a lot of ball, us the AMC to specifically man mark him and close him down always in the OI´s.

nr1s.png

2nd Strategy Direct Counter

Here, we play on the counter, getting the ball forward. We push up the team and play more direct balls into channels for our attackers and wingers to run onto. This is a way to exploit either the gap between the opponents attacking wingers and their deep sitting defenders and/or their attacking fullbacks, playing the ball over the top. If the opponent sits with the whole team behind the ball, this approach can be fruitless. Although it’s not dangerous playing this approach incorrectly .We will just not find the space to play the ball into but instead holding it deep.

nr2l.png

3rd Strategy: A BALANCED APPROACH

If being uncertain how to start a match, this is ALWAYS a good option

Here, we try to sit with more men behind the ball, retaining possession and keeping the ball in the team. Obvious, we will still burst at goal and since we play with 5 attacking minded players (by roles and player types), this will happen often. The fullbacks will overlap with the box2box that here, playing one-two with each other and moves up with the rest of the team and keep the shape.. In short, we play a nice possession based approach in that sense that we keep possession in good positions and restrict the opponent to keeping possession far away from our goal.

nr3ng.png

4th Strategy: Cautious Counter

Here, we are playing much more cautious, perhaps an approach that will mainly be used away to really good teams or when wanting to grind out a result or hold on to a results. To cool things down a bit.

nr4t.png

What is your advice for opposition instructions when usin these tactics?

To answer that, I would have to write a complete guide to OI´s After all, in this thread you find almost all apprpoaches there is, using all players possible, facing all teams, tactics, formatios and players of the world :D.

In short though, no matter what approach I use, I tend to limit the main threat if - and only if - I have a player/s hat are good enough to carry out the orders ( ie. no use of letting my string yet incredibly slow DC tightly man mark and close down always on their pacey star striker)

TBH will you post here your test with Inter?

I missunderstood you. The " test " with Inter and Genoa went really well. I cant put up any screens from that testsave though as I have started à new save with Inter ( saved it as Inter , overwrote the test one)

The new " real" save is coming on really, really good though. I am playing it with the aim to keep à tight defence, using rather defensive MCs . I have played 10 league matches and 3 CL matches so far. Results ? ALL WINS ,ZERO goals conceded :)

What tactics would you recommend using for teams in League One? I'm using Notts County currently.

In generall, the counter versions and the more balanced approaches are more likely to suit the squads and circumstances of a CCC, L1 and L2 team. As for formation, you have to see for your self and decide what players you think are starting players ( sorry, I have never played with notts c so ..)

Hello TBH! Would you please recommend one of your tactics for Sporting Lissabon (first season, i.e. no changes to the squad ;)) in the Portugese league? I'd be thankful for an answer. Keep up the good work :)

Sorry for not answering you but as I have not been home this weekend, I have not had the chance to load up à Portugal save and look at the team.

I was thinking to use a top team one but then if im in europe i wont be a top team will It still work

Well, you could easily use the more balanced approach and the cautious counter approach found in the top AND middle team approaches found in the deep and wide 4222 and 451. Just set them up within the 442 as well :D

TBH quick question. Do you immediately implement the shouts at the start of every game? Or do you do it when you see something happening mid game?

Yes, I ALWAYS implement prematch along with the teamtalk. Then I adjust midgame between the different approaches.

I want to try and use your 442 formations the united and Villa one. One for home and the other for away games. Could you please advise the player postions, poacher etc as I cant make them out on my screen. Also do you have the match shouts on at the start of the match? I'm in my 3rd season with Sheffield Wednesday got into championship via playoffs 1st season, made playoff final 2nd season but really struggling this season, tried to change it around but just cant score any goals and conceding far too many.

Yes, I ALWAYS implement prematch along with the teamtalk. Then I adjust midgame between the different approaches.

correct me if im wrong, basically we start the match then we paused then we click the instruction then start again?right?

Regarding the Big team 4-4-2, is their any other midfield combo that is successful rather than having a CM(s) and a DLP(d)? Struggling to find someone to fill the DLP role with enough creativity aswell as having good defensive stats.

Well, I guess you can use an advanced playmaker and à defensive MC.

I want to try and use your 442 formations the united and Villa one. One for home and the other for away games. Could you please advise the player postions, poacher etc as I cant make them out on my screen. Also do you have the match shouts on at the start of the match? I'm in my 3rd season with Sheffield Wednesday got into championship via playoffs 1st season, made playoff final 2nd season but really struggling this season, tried to change it around but just cant score any goals and conceding far too many.

Could you perhaps right-click it and enlarge/save the picture ?

anyone can post MAN UNITED TACTIC , WBA 4231 and BOLTON TACTIC to me ???

thanks !!!!

'

Are you also having trouble seeing the images ?. If so, then getting the tactic posted to you wont help as the shouts are too important tp misss out on (and you cant save and send a groupshout:D ) If you are just being lazy, then remember that it will only take you about 30 seconds to set up each approach.

No, you use the saved groupshout pre-kickoff, when doing the teamtalk.

i thought cant work if during the prematch, it will work when during the match then you click the shouts. So the point is it will work when pre match start right?:confused:

i thought cant work if during the prematch, it will work when during the match then you click the shouts. So the point is it will work when pre match start right?:confused:

Hm, bit confused by what you meant but this is how it should be.

- all shouts should be used/implemented in the dressing room the minutes before kickoff.

i decided to go with the 4-4-2 top and middle team approaches in the league im looking to use the top team...in europe the middle team heres how my freindlys went

freindlys.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

no the best results but i dono if im picking the right tactics for the matches maybe also i was trying out a lot of players and rotating a lot

my first 10 games

firstten.png

is there playmakers on your tactics...im sure i read somewhere you dont use them but its ticked on all versions

Well, to make sure you DONT use a playmaker, you have to tick it and set it to NONE. Otherwise, the player with the roles TQ, ADP or DLP will be your playmaker.

I was looking for a counter-attacking tactic for difficult away games when I decided to try the "Into Oblivion" asymmetric, because I love the formation. In one word, it's not just good, it's phenomenal, and it has worked equaly well against quality teams that look to attack me and teams that try to sit back. It really is impressive how good this tactic is at keeping the ball and exploiting space by launching lightning fast counter attacks at the opportune moment.

arsenalfixturesfixtures.png

That said, I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on how the mentality settings where chosen. I don't only mean the fact that they are mostly defensive, but the individual settings themselves and the correlation between the various positions. They don't follow any of the TC frameworks or any of the "popular" settings you find in many tactics posted here, and I believe they are the key to understanding this wonderfull tactic.

Can i just take this opportunity to thank TheBetterHalf for all of her hard work. Tactics like these are defiantly the future and will be of immense help to people creating their tactics

It clearly shows with a little bit of understanding you can achieve great results with smaller sides

Archived