THE BETTER HALF´S Tactic & Training Center***Updated With TEAM TACTICS***

THE BETTER HALFS 2012 TACTIC CENTER

banneryc.png

Welcome to my tactic center. Here, you will find all my uploaded tactics and training schedules for Football Manager 2012 & Football Manager 2011. As you see, this opening post serves as a index of the uploades, providing links to each and every one of them as they are posted in seperate posts.

THREAD INDEX

FM13 TACTICS - TO COME...

12.2.2 PLUG & PLAY TACTICS - UPLOADED-

Wide 42121 ( Direct Counter) for Underdogs/Middleteams - Promotion with Posh, Hudds & Morecambe

Deep 4231 ( Direct Counter) for Underdogs/Middle Teams

Wide 451( Direct Counter) for Underdogs/Middle Teams- Great Result with Stoke 2011/12

Narrow Diamond( Direct Counter) for Underdogs/Middle Teams- Top of the table with Norwich 2011/12

Deep 442( Direct Counter) for Underdogs/Middle Teams - EPL Winner with A.Villa 2011/12

Narrow 41221 BOX MIdfield for Top/Middle/Underdog Teams

TEAM TACTICS- NO Uploads

FLAT 442TEAM TACTIC - MAN U - - A TOPNOTCH TEAM TACTIC

FLAT 442 TEAM TACTIC - ASTON VILLA - - A MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

FLAT 442 TEAM TACTIC BOLTON - - A UNDERDOG TACTIC

WIDE 4231 TEAM TACTIC ARSENAL - A TOP TEAM TACTIC

WIDE 4231 TEAM TACTIC WEST BROM - - A MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

WIDE 4231TEAM TACTIC QPR - - A UNDERDOG TACTIC

DEEP & WIDE 4222 TEAM TACTIC JUVENTUS - A TOP TEAM TACTIC

TRAINING SCHEDULES

My Training Schedules

PLUG & PLAY TACTICS - UPLOADED- Made with 12.0.4

INTO OBLIVION - a asymmetric 451

CAUTIOUS in CAUSTON - a flat 442

THE SETS MADE IN FM11 - UPLOADED

GRANDE WIDE 41221

GRANDE WIDE 4231

GRANDE FLAT 442

THE BIG PACK MADE IN FM11 - UPLOADED

Big Pack of Tactics

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INTO OBLIVION

- an asymmetric 451

formationy.png

SUMMARY

Within a narrow approach, we play a cautious build up, making sure that our players value the situation before making a call. We dont seek possession, nor do we play a high pressing game. Instead, we play with a rather defensive mentality and a deeper d-line. Many players hold on to the ball to drag the opposition out of position before launching a quick attack in an otherwise slow approach. By letting some player be more expressive along with having them roaming and moving into channels, we make sure that we can both be narrow in the build up and use the full pitch when the space in to be found

THE DOWNLOAD LINK

zhare Download

Gamefront Download

THE PLAYERS

FULLBACKS Settings

The role given is Fullback and he is not to try anything fancy. Instead, he holds on to the ball to lure the opposition on to him, playing a shortish passing game. Whilst he does not run with ball - beat his man with the ball - and forward - get past his man, into an attacking position without the ball - very often( set to rarely), he will still do so if the option is clearly on.

Requirements: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Crossing –Anticipation

CENTRAL DEFENDERS Settings

Nothing fancy here as we use rather limited settings. Strong header that can read the game is always good and if they pacey, its as a huge bonus

Requirements: Decision – Positioning- Anticipation – Marking – Jumping – Heading – Strength

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER ( dmc) Settings

In the DMC position, we use a strong DMC that actually knows how to get into a good attacking position late in attacks. He moves into channels from deep and provides that little extra in those matches when we face deep sitting opponents. Naturally, he should be be able to carry out hid defensive duties as well.(If having 2 DMC/MC that are strong box2box types, then let them ( MC and DMC) swap)

Requirements:Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling – Strength – Off the ball

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( MC) Setting

Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. This is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but in short here we play a normal central midfielder that breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game, getting forward when the option is on and sometimes tries to beat his man with the ball. If having 2 DMC/MC that are strong box2box types, then let them ( MC and DMC) swap

Requirements: Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

WINGER (MR) Setting 1 Setting 2

A classic attacking winger or a defensive minded wide midfielder, the choice is yours. When playing away to Barca and using to use a more cautious lineup, then use the left settings. When wanting to play more attacking, using a more attacking minded player, then use the settings to the right. When I had a defenisive winger( ie, a wingback) that was really good in dribbling and had pace, I used the left settings along with run with ball set to often

Requirements Winger ( attacking ): Decision – Creativity – Off the Ball - Strength – Passing – Dribbling – Flair – Finishing

Requirements Winger ( defensive )Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Strength - Passing –Anticipation

ADVANCED WINGER ( AML) Setting

The Advanced winger is to been seen as an inside forward rather then a classic winger. You can use both left and right footed players.

Requirements:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER ( AMC) Setting

Here we find an attacking AMC/FC or TQ rather then a box2box MC/AMC. If playing with a team that has resources, I would try to get a False nine that can swap position with the FC, also being a false nine.

Requirements: Decision – Creativity – Off the Ball - Strength – Passing – Dribbling – Flair - Finishing.

DEEP DROPPING FORWARD/FALSE NINE/TQ ( FC) Setting

The complete linkman, the false nine. He roams around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Tevez, Rooney, R.V.Persie etc are monsters here. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws. As written in the AMC description, its can be a really good idea to let the AMC and FC swap position during the game. If playing with a top team, then one could try to get 3 False nine and rotate them and let them in AMC and FC.

For weaker teams, just make sure that the player is a linkman and not one that plays on the shoulder off the last defender

Requirements:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength

RESULTS

Although not tested enough to be called the final version, its has still been with various teams at various levels.

here are the latst results playing with Bristol Rovers in League two, a team that should be fighting in the topflight.

Notice some great wins in the Leguae Cup away from home againt Championship teams.

sisibr.png

A user at FMBase are having these results with Southampton, first season

sisisou2.png

sisisou.png

MATCH PREPERATION

The chosen tactics

As this is a plug & play, you only let the team learn this one

The Workload

This slider dictates how much time the team puts into learning the chosen tactics. Remember that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, improving their stats.

The focus area

Preseason: When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this tactic as such so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using a more attacking lineup. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game,

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTION (OPTIONAL)

DMC playmakers:Let the AMC specific manmakr him and close down always

AML: show inside, into the arms of our DMC

PITCH SIZE

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a crap team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team

CAUTIOUS in CAUSTON

- a FLAT 442

formationq.png

SUMMARY

Within a narrow approach, we play a cautious build up, making sure that our players value the situation before making a call. We dont seek possession, nor do we play a high pressing game. Instead, we play with a rather defensive mentality making sure that we keep a clean sheet. Many players hold on to the ball to drag the opposition out of position before launching a quick attack in an otherwise slow approach. By letting some player be more expressive along with having them roaming and moving into channels, we make sure that we can both be narrow in the build up and use the full pitch when the space in to be found. 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 is better then 5-0, 0-1, 5-0, 5-0, 5-0.

THE DOWNLOAD LINKS

Zhare link

Gamefrton Link

THE PLAYERS

FULLBACKSSettings

The role given is Fullback and he is not to try anything fancy. Instead, he holds on to the ball to lure the opposition on to him, playing a shortish passing game. Whilst he does not run with ball - beat his man with the ball - and forward - get past his man, into an attacking position without the ball - very often( set to rarely), he will still do so if the option is clearly on.

Requirements: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Crossing –Anticipation

CENTRAL DEFENDERSSettings

Nothing fancy here as we use rather limited settings. Strong header that can read the game is always good and if they pacey, its as a huge bonus

Requirements: Decision – Positioning- Anticipation – Marking – Jumping – Heading – Strength

LEFT CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( MC)Settings

Here, we have the normal strong central midfielder a strong ball winner. His role is very restricted and he holds on to the ball and plays short passes.

Requirements: Decision - Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

RIGHT CENTRAL MIDFIELDER (MC)Settings

This is the unofficial playmaker of the team, the player that puts these t-balls onto our attacking players. As this is not an expressive tactic as such, he is not given lots of creative freedom. This does not mean that he will not use his creativity though, only that he won’t try the harder and unexpected things too often. Think of him as a creative Box2Box player rather then an elegant advanced playmaker

Requirements: Decision - Technique –First Touch- Creativity - Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

WINGERS (MR & ML)Settings 1 Settings 2

As the tactic is cautious, their mentality is set to defensive and they both hold up the ball. On the other hand, they are set to dribble a lot to and are given the opportunity to be really expressive. This means that once they get high up in the pitch, they will act much more attacking then when having lots of players in between them and the goal. As you see, their roles are slightly different. The Right winger does not move forward to beat his man whilst the Left one does, moving into channels. This is just to get some balance in the tactic, getting movement from both sides of the field. This means that if you have a MR that likes to get forward at every opportunity, perhaps you need to mirror the formation*

Requirements Winger: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Strength - Passing –Anticipation

DEEP DROPPING FORWARD (FCleft)Settings

Being the most advanced player in the team, this linkman drops deep to connect with play and drag the center back out of position. He plays a simple passing game, holding on to the ball before moving into channels, in between the center backs.

When speaking about a player like this, it’s not crucial that he like to drop deep or play with the back towards the goal. Just make sure that does not have conflicting ppms, like beat the offside trap or shoot from distance.

Requirements: Decision – Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration (and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength, Passing, Creativity- Agility

DEEPLYING FORWARD (FCright)Settings

A player starting from further down the field, moving forward often.He plays a mixed passing game, looking for something to happen every time he gets the ball, either by dribbling to beat his man or by putting a t-ball into channels. By using these two player combination, we make sure that we have one player in the hole in every single attack, bring another dimension to the attacks

Requirements: Decision – Of the ball - Flair - Acceleration (and pace) Finishing - Composure - Passing - Creativity

RESULTS

- Will be posted later. I have used this tactic with many teams but not long enough with any of them to post any screens

MATCH PREPERATION

I have not used any with this tactic

The chosen tactics

The Workload

This slider dictates how much time the team puts into learning the chosen tactics. Remember that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, improving their stats.

The focus area

Preseason:

When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match:

Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this tactic as such so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using a more attacking lineup. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game,

PITCH SIZE

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a crap team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team

SOUNDTRACK OF THE TACTIC

[video=youtube_share;dvD73A9eXXk]

TEMPLATE

- formation

SUMMARY

THE DOWNLOAD LINK

THE PLAYERS

FULLBACKS

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER ( dmc)

Requirements:Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling – Strength – Off the ball

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( MC)

Requirements: Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

WINGER (MR)

ADVANCED WINGER

Requirements:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER ( AMC)

Requirements: Decision – Creativity – Off the Ball - Strength – Passing – Dribbling – Flair - Finishing.

DEEP DROPPING FORWARD/FALSE NINE/TQ

Requirements:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength

RESULTS

MATCH PREPERATION

The chosen tactics

The Workload

The focus area

Preseason: When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this tactic as such so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using a more attacking lineup. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game,

PITCH SIZE

headergrandedwide.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

http://www.zshare.net/download/92821481282b8cdb/

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20576774/grandewide41221.rar

CONTACTS

thebeha@live.se

This Set was made with FM11.3 but as the results have been the same in FM12, I am posting it here to.

In this thread, you will find a set of tactics, just like in my old threads for FM09 and FM10. You might argue that since the introduction of the Tactical Creator, these sets have become obsolete but as I am not finding the structure of Defensive, Counter, Balanced, Control good enough, I decided to make my own framework of these different strategies. As you see, these tactics have been made in the Classic Mode so shouts are disabled, along with the ability to see the players roles and crucial stats.

Why use this set then ?. Well, basically, its for users that likes the idea of being if charge, using micro management but feels that the wizard has too many options that are just not good enough. Its for people that whilst wanting to win every game feel that there is more to it then just plug & play but wanting some easy guidelines on how to do it. For people that have a decent knowledge how the match engine works and knows when to attack and when to defend but just don't fancy the Tactic Creator. In short, if you are truly great at reading the game and pay attention to every single detail, then this set is not for you as you wont need it but for those that likes the idea of using other peoples tactics and wanting to learn something on the way, not just plug & playing, then this is for you

Assumptions

All versions must have a descriptive name and as this always leads to different definitions due to ones personal perspective, people will interpret the text beneath differently. There for, its important that you read the follow text a few times, load up the different tactics and read it once more

The Versions

As I stated earlier, I am not that keen on the structure of the preset Strategies in the Wizard. Basically, I feel that they are too many and that whilst the shouts are a great way to implement several tweaks by just one or two clicks, they are not helping me as ( for example) when I want to play wider, push up the team and get ball forward, I might still want to do this using the same passing game and the same tempo, only using more t-balls and more width etc. Naturally, using only 6 preset approaches is far more static then the TC, but its an approach that I feel more comfortable with. In this set, you will see that there is no Contain version, no defensive, no Balanced, no Control, no attack or no Overload. Instead, I have chosen to call the versions the following.

Defend – something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive

Cautious – Something in between Defend and Balanced

Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here we use it only as in the description

Standard – Something in between Balanced and Attack

Slow Breakdown – A version that I feel is lacking in the TC, a way to play cautious whilst playing ultra aggressive

Overloading Attack – A mixture between Attack and Overload

So you see, by using these versions, there are really only 2 starting options, at least when playing as a normal team. Either you go for a more cautious approach, using CAUTIOUS or you go for a more attacking one, using STANDARD. If being top of the league and outclassing the opponents in terms of quality, its possible that SLOW BREAKDOWN would be the best version to start all matches with, almost like today's Barcelona do. Don't expect this version to replicate the flow of that team though as its not the though at all. With this said, please read further on to see the full description of the different versions

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the AMR/L into the MR/L positions. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

This is a more cautious approach towards a game. Don’t be fooled by the name and that its only the 2nd most attacking tactic in order of the set. Even if playing as a top team, this approach is a good one when being on the road. In real life, very few teams actually play attacking away from home. We play slow and narrow, using ,many players to hold on to the ball and we do launch quick counter attacks when the players feels those passing options are on

Counter

Warning: This version is more direct and when playing on the counter, you need to make sure that here is actually something to counter, space in the 3rd half to play the ball into. With the counter box ticked, the players will, unlike the Cautious version, launch these counter attacks more frequently and mots importantly, even though the opponent sits with many men behind the ball. Personally, I would never use this as a starting version only based on the assumption that the opponent will push up their fullbacks and threaten us form the start. Use incorrectly, we will see a big loss in possession and being hit on the counter ourselves. Used correctly, its much more deadly than the Cautious version

Standard

As there is no Attack version in this set, this one is the Standard approach when not wanting to play cautious. It will never be about possession but about the scoreline. If playing as Everton/Man U/Arsenal/Sunderland home to WBA, this would be my main starting version.

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now puhsing up the AMR/L into the FR/L positions Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders

Here, we use a sort of limited stoppers. As always, its better to have the best defenders in the world and not crap players so again, common sense here boys. These players are on tight zonal marking and even though we don’t play with a high d-line in most versions, pace and anticipation is crucial when up against those ME exploiting pacey attackers with flair

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Fullbacks

Same here really. Common sense. One thing that one do need to look out for are the players with really attacking ppms. Although this brings another dimension to the attack, they get caught out of position too often.

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Defensive Midfielder

Here, I use an anchorman. He is on Loose zonal and his job is to stay central and cut angels rather than to chase players a cross the field. I like this player to be bale to get in a good defensive position, be able to read the game and break up attacks. If you have a slow and has the looks rather then the brain, you might suffer. Work rate, determination, anticipation along with some physic and you are good to go

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Central Mid – RIGHT

A mixture between your Box to Box midfielder, Hardworking Ball winner and a Elegant AMC. Can you have a player like this in the CCC1 ?. Well, Hell no. What I am saying is that amongst your MC´s, the player with the better attacking stats and more adventurous ppms should be played here. If he is strong to and knows how to break up attacks, then its just great

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Central Mid – LEFT

Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. Again, just like in the role above, this is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but again, here, we play the ones that stays behind, breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Wingers

Hm… left foot on right or left on left. Well, in this tactic, it does not matter. If you have a great heading monster in the Forward position, well , then perhaps some crosses are in order, just like its better to have In Cutting wingers ( by ppms) if all the opposition players with a really, really deep d-line and no DMCs, all the mids pushing up.

Just remember that in some cases, players( left on right) with the cut inside ppms are too selfish (low team work) and then, they will go straight at goal at all times, even if having a really poor angel and good passing options is on.

The wingers are setup to dribble and beat their man. They rarely cross but as this is to be seen as a tendency rather then big no no, they will still make that cross when the options is there, preferably to the far post where the winger on the other flank has, by using his skill or ppm, moved towards.

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Forward

Aha.. here we have my favourite, The complete linkman. He roam around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Beckford at Everton is a monster here and I just cant imagine how good R.V.Persie would be. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws

Attacking Keys:

Defensive Keys:

Set Pieces

I actually used a downloaded tactic when making these ones, using it as a clean sheet so the set pieces are from that one. Defensively they seem really good and we score our fair share on the attacking, mostly from free kicks but also some from corners( mostly against poor teams though). Feel free to change them to something better or worse

Match Preparation

The match preparation is divided into 3 different areas

The 3 chosen tactics for the team to learn

- I would either use the 3 versions I am most likely to use. If going to use them all, then load up Cautious, Standard and Attacking Overload. This way, the team Will gets the best fluidity with the tempo, width, passing, mentality, press, etc that is used in all 6 versions

The Workload

The focus area

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this set so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using the more attacking versions. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game, playing as Everton home to Aston Villa, i see that they have scored 6 goals from corners in just 7 matches so here, I might go for focusing extra on Defensing set pieces, just like I might go for attacking set pieces away against a team where I see this as a chance to snatch the 3 points late in the game, playing cautious throughout the game

Other Information

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a crap team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team. Team talks, and opposition instructions are also things that cant be recommended as it would depend heavily on the situation

Results

I will not upload any fantastic screens of my success as it would be irrelevant. Incorrectly used, this set will see you under perform and correctly used, you will achieve your goals as long as they actually are in reach and not based on an illusion ;DTeams that have been used in testing are: Milan, Genoa,, AIK ( SWE), MFF(SWE) and Blackburn. Currently I am enjoying a save with Everton 2011/12 update and will keep you posted with some results

header4231.png

CONTACTS

thebeha@live.se

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Gamefront

Zhare

In this thread, you will find a set of tactics, just like in my old threads for FM09 and FM10. You might argue that since the introduction of the Tactical Creator, these sets have become obsolete but as I am not finding the structure of Defensive, Counter, Balanced, Control good enough, I decided to make my own framework of these different strategies. As you see, these tactics have been made in the Classic Mode so shouts are disabled, along with the ability to see the players roles and crucial stats.

Why use this set then ?. Well, basically, its for users that likes the idea of being if charge, using micro management but feels that the wizard has too many options that are just not good enough. Its for people that whilst wanting to win every game feel that there is more to it then just plug & play but wanting some easy guidelines on how to do it. For people that have a decent knowledge how the match engine works and knows when to attack and when to defend but just don't fancy the Tactic Creator. In short, if you are truly great at reading the game and pay attention to every single detail, then this set is not for you as you wont need it but for those that likes the idea of using other peoples tactics and wanting to learn something on the way, not just plug & playing, then this is for you

Assumption 1

All versions must have a descriptive name and as this always leads to different definitions due to ones personal perspective, people will interpret the text beneath differently. There for, its important that you read the follow text a few times, load up the different tactics and read it once more

The Versions

As I stated earlier, I am not that keen on the structure of the preset Strategies in the Wizard. Basically, I feel that they are too many and that whilst the shouts are a great way to implement several tweaks by just one or two clicks, they are not helping me as ( for example) when I want to play wider, push up the team and get ball forward, I might still want to do this using the same passing game and the same tempo, only using more t-balls and more width etc. Naturally, using only 6 preset approaches is far more static then the TC, but its an approach that I feel more comfortable with. In this set, you will see that there is no Contain version, no defensive, no Balanced, no Control, no attack or no Overload. Instead, I have chosen to call the versions the following.

Defend – something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive

Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here I use it only as in the description

Slow Breakdown – A version that I feel is lacking in the TC, a way to play cautious whilst playing ultra aggressive

So you see, by using these versions, there are really only 2 starting options, at least when playing as a normal team. Either you go for a more cautious approach, using CAUTIOUS or you go for a more attacking one, using STANDARD. If being top of the league and outclassing the opponents in terms of quality, its possible that SLOW BREAKDOWN would be the best version to start all matches with, almost like today's Barcelona do. Don't expect this version to replicate the flow of that team though as its not the though at all. With this said, please read further on to see the full description of the different versions

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the Wingers back to MR/L. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

This is a more cautious approach towards a game. Don’t be fooled by the name and that its only the 2nd most attacking tactic in order of the set. Even if playing as a top team, this approach is a good one when being on the road. In real life, very few teams actually play attacking away from home. We play slow and narrow, using ,many players to hold on to the ball and we do launch quick counter attacks when the players feels those passing options are on

Counter

Warning: This version is more direct and when playing on the counter, you need to make sure that here is actually something to counter, space in the 3rd half to play the ball into. With the counter box ticked, the players will, unlike the Cautious version, launch these counter attacks more frequently and mots importantly, even though the opponent sits with many men behind the ball. Personally, I would never use this as a starting version only based on the assumption that the opponent will push up their fullbacks and threaten us form the start. Use incorrectly, we will see a big loss in possession and being hit on the counter ourselves. Used correctly, its much more deadly than the Cautious version

Standard

As there is no Attack version in this set, this one is the Standard approach when not wanting to play cautious. It will never be about possession but about the scoreline. If playing as Everton/Man U/Arsenal/Sunderland home to WBA, this would be my main starting version.

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now puhsing up the MR/L into the AMR/L positions and pull back the AMC into MCc. Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

When using a formation without a DMC, it is important that the central midfielders can play the part and defend at the same level as your ambition.Whilst these players need to be good defensivly, its equally important that at least one of the starting MCs have some creative blood running through his veins. If not, then you will probably struggle breaking down those defensive and deep sitting teams

Notice that I have left out Determination and Decision amongst the important stats as its so obvious that its needed in every player in the team

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders

Here, we use a sort of limited stoppers. As always, its better to have the best defenders in the world and not crap players so again, common sense here boys. These players are on tight zonal marking and even though we don’t play with a high d-line in most versions, pace and anticipation is crucial when up against those ME exploiting pacey attackers with flair

Attacking Keys: Passing

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Jumping, Heading

Fullbacks

Same here really. Common sense. One thing that one do need to look out for are the players with really attacking ppms. Although this brings another dimension to the attack, they get caught out of position too often.

Attacking Keys:Crossing, Passing,

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina, Concentration Pace

Central Mid – RIGHT

Here we have a more hardworking MC, a mixtire between a ballwinner and a central mid on support. He needs to be able to take a good defenisve position as well as make a easy pass after had hold on to the ball to slow things down

Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique, Passing, Off the ball

Defensive Keys: Anticipation, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Concentration,

Central Mid – LEFT

Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. Again, just like in the role above, this is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but again, here, we play the ones that stays behind, breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game

Attacking Keys:Creativity, Technique, Passing, Composure

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Strength

Wingers

Hm… left foot on right or left on left. Well, in this tactic, its better to have players that moves into channels and/or huges the line, runs down X-flank with ball as the space inside is already taken by the AMC and the FC. In some acses, the wingers will still cut inside and off the ball, they will often seek the space near their post to meet up with a cross or a low t-ball

The wingers are setup to dribble and beat their man. They rarely cross but as this is to be seen as a tendency rather then big no no, they will still make that cross when the options is there, preferably to the far post where the winger on the other flank has, by using his skill or ppm, moved towards.

Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

Defensive Keys: None really

Attacking Midfielder

Here, I would play the typicall MC/AMC rather then a AMC/FC. Mostly because I want a player that likes to make a t-ball instead of going for goal but also because we already have 3 players in more advanced positionsthat should provide good passing options

Attacking Keys: Off the ball, Acceleration, Dribbling, Creativity, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing, Composure

Defensive Keys: Tackling

Forward

3 words: One Quick Poacher. Actually, that is all it takes, One quick poacher. What is a poacher then ?. Well, he needs to be able to read the game, have the ability to move into free space and put the ball away. How quick does he have to be ?. Well, as long as he is smart, he doen not need more than 14 in that stat. If this player is even more complete, then its even better

Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Agility, Dribbling

Defensive Keys: none

Set Pieces

I actually used a downloaded tactic when making these ones, using it as a clean sheet so the set pieces are from that one. Defensively they seem really good and we score our fair share on the attacking, mostly from free kicks but also some from corners( mostly against poor teams though). Feel free to change them to something better or worse

Match Preparation

- I would either use the 3 versions I am most likely to use. If going to use them all, then load up Cautious, Standard and Attacking Overload. This way, the team Will gets the best fluidity with the tempo, width, passing, mentality, press, etc that is used in all 6 versions

The Workload

The focus area

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this set so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using the more attacking versions. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game, playing as Everton home to Aston Villa, i see that they have scored 6 goals from corners in just 7 matches so here, I might go for focusing extra on Defensing set pieces, just like I might go for attacking set pieces away against a team where I see this as a chance to snatch the 3 points late in the game, playing cautious throughout the game

Other Information

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a crap team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team. Team talks, and opposition instructions are also things that cant be recommended as it would depend heavily on the situation

Results

In betatesting, teams like Chelsea, Bologna, Juventus, Gefle(SWE) have been used. When testing it withthe final product, I have used Hoffenheim( meda prediction of 8th) and Swindon ( media pred of 7th)

My other sets

header442.png

CONTACTS

thebeha@live.se

DOWNLOAD LINKS

http://www.zshare.net/download/9315414594d21ae8/

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20616440/grandewide442.rar

Assumption 1

The Versions

Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here we use it only as in the description

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the RIGHT FC into the AMC, dragging the LEFT FC into the center positions. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

Counter

Standard

Slow Breakdown

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now pushing up the MR/L into the AMR/L positions. Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

Playing flat 442 in perhaps one of the most difficult approaches there is in FM as it puts really high demands on you as a manager and on the players ability to both open up space for each other, move into that space as well as keeping the shape of the team when defending. Beneath you will find a short description of the players. Notice that I have left out Determination and Decision amongst the important stats as its so obvious that its needed in every player in the team

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders

Attacking Keys: Passing

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Jumping, Heading

Fullbacks

Attacking Keys:Crossing, Passing,

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina, Concentration Pace

Central Mid – RIGHT

Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique,, Pace, Passing, Off the ball

Defensive Keys: Anticipation, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Concentration

A mixture between your Box to Box midfielder, Hardworking Ball winner and a Elegant AMC. Can you have a player like this in the CCC1 ?. Well, Hell no. What I am saying is that amongst your MC´s, the player with the better attacking stats and more adventurous ppms should be played here. If he is strong to and knows how to break up attacks, then its just great

Central Mid – LEFT

Attacking Keys:Creativity, Technique, Passing, Composure

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Strength

MR/L

Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

Defensive Keys:

In a 442, its important that you have balance in the squad. Wingers playing in MR/L should not only be able to beat their man, dribble and get inside that area but also defend, breaking up attacks and cutting angels. If playing with middle teams, you are highly unlikely to sign this perfect player and if playing with that top notch team, its not certain that they need to be able to defend but I think that you get my point anyway. These players, should be able to get into a good attacking position by using their movement. Even though they don't cross that often, its important that they know how to. As always in this game, pace, acceleration and flair means ever so much. Fetidness ?. It does not matter actually although I prefer left on left and right on right.

Forward RIGHT

Attacking Keys:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Concentration

Defensive Keys:None really

The pacey poacher. Quick, agile and with a goal for an eye. This player often starts from deep and its good if he has attacking movement ppms. Just make sure he doesn't like to take first time shorts or shot from distance.

Forward LEFT

Attacking Keys:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength

Defensive Keys: none

Aha.. here we have my favourite, The complete linkman. He roam around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Beckford at Everton is a monster here and I just cant imagine how good R.V.Persie would be. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws

Set Pieces

Match Preparation

The Workload

The focus area

Other Information

Results

In testing, I have used teams like Ipswich, Derby, Parma, Arsenal. In the current save, I am using Fulham and here are some SS of the results and version picking. Although it doesn't tell you why I chose and switched to these versions, It might give you a hint on what versions you will expect to be using with a middleteam

fulhamfixture.png

fulhamtable.png

HIGHSCORING 433

highscpromg433.png

DOWNLOAD LINK TACTIC ( link 1) DOWNLOAD LINK TACTIC (link 2)

Obviously, here is where you download the tactic. please make sure that you read the rest of the OP to ;d

DOWNLOAD LINK PLAYER FILTERS

Here are a rarfile containing player filters for the Midfielders and the Attackers. 2 things to notice is that in the filters, you need a match of 8 out of 10 or 9 out of 11. Make sure that the players that only have a match of 8 out of 10 does not have incredibly low stat in the 2 missing stats, like the forward having 2 in finishing or the the Midfielder Center have poor stats in Determination and Work rate. In the players description beneath, you can read what stats are the most crucial. The other things to notice in the filters of the Attacker right & left is that is says 2Attacking Midfielder". Also run this filter using Strikers as those can play there to.

THE FORMATION & APPROACH WITHIN IT

As this is a tactic that does not use my TBH roles, like the ones found in my other thread, I decided to make a new one for this tactic and this tactic only.

This is a tactic that scores a lot of goals. If having poor defenders or having players in midfield that lacks team work, work rate and determination you will, especially if combined with poor man management, concede a good fair amount too. It also takes about 10-15 matches before the team comes together with this tactic, slightly more than the usual one as we are heavily dependent on the fact that the players needs to know what they are doing so please don't switch to this in season as I cant see you having success with it. This approach basically means that the tactic can be used both with complete top notch teams as well as underdogs that do have a good striking force and that likes to the concept of attack being the best defence. Also notice that its not a tactic that is exploiting so if wanting quick results, this tactic is not for you.

Also notice that my definition of high scoring is that it scores more goals than the teams do in real life. If scoring 90 goals in 39 matches, then to me, its a very, very high amount of goals so don't expect it to get you 130+

We play with a flat 4 at the back, a flat 3 in the middle, BUT, we use one FC one FR and one FL. As the tactic is heavily tweaked from the Rigid-Control setup by the TC, never mind the roles given to the midfielders and wingers. Treat it like a Classic tactic and don't mind that all 3 MCs are Central Mids on Defensive duties as they are not

We play in a Slowish tempo and normal width and the d-line is slightly higher than average, just like it has to be when playing without a DMC.

FLOW OF THE GAME

Both fullbacks and the 3 midfielders are used in the transition phase and when the ball gets to the 3 upfront, they tend to go at goal instantly, not awaiting and reinforcement from behind. The Central FC is the main scorer and if having a great MC ( see beneath), he will get on the score sheet just as much as the wingers. The outer MCs will get their goals to, especially after clearances of rebounds. When starting an attacking, its mainly done is the 3 ways

- After one of our midfielders have tackled an opponent in midfield, he makes an instant pass to a team mate. Either to the Central MC that holds on to the ball until the 3 forward have taken their position and then he makes a direct t-ball or he makes a t-ball him self to the Winger on his flank

- Hitting the opponent on the counter, playing a direct ball form deep onto the more advanced FCC moving into channels. He then either goes straight at goal or runs with ball our wide and makes a direct pass/cross to the winger on the other flank, all depending on hi ppm, creativity and decision stats

- After having kept possession, the ball down one of the flank, passed back to a team mate who sets up a player inside the area with a direct ball or a low cross.

THE PLAYERS

DEFENDERS

FULLBACKS

The role given is Fullback and the duties are support. This means that if you are a top notch team, like Barca and you are playing Hercules in the league, perhaps you should use Wingbacks on attack instead, having them hugging the line to

Requirements: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Crossing

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

MIDFIELDER CENTRAL

This player is the most attacking one of the 3 midfielders- he both hold on to the ball and makes runs with it, always looking for a pass to a team mate in front of him. He has been given a high creative freedom and needs to be able to handle it. If he likes to get inside the area and is a good scorer, then it’s a huge bonus

Requirements: Decision – Creativity – Strength – Passing – Dribbling

MIDFIELDER RIGHT AND LEFT

Two hardworking players that makes a tackle and makes a pass ( mixed passing) rather then dribbling. They have to be hardworking, classic ball winners. If they lack creativity, then its no big deal as long as they have a fairly good decision stat, something that is crucial in every player at top level.

Requirements: Team Work - Work rate – Determination – Tackling – Positioning - Passing, Stamina - Strength

ATTACKERS

FORWARD CENTER

Here we have a player that is the most advanced and whilst he moves into channels, its also good if he likes to cut inside, thereby making him use one wide play with the ball and one wide play without.

Requirements: Decision – Pace – Acceleration –Dribbling – Off the Ball – Finishing - Composure

FORWARD RIGHT AND LEFT

Best used here are wingforward, like Walcott and Arshavin, the player you would use in a attacking AMR/L role. You can use normal FCs as well and I have done so myself but as Wingers tend to be better at dribbling and crossing, I would go for those. Both players have the same setting and are roaming and cutting inside. Here, its also great of they have the ppms move into channels to, once again make making them use one wide play with the ball and one wide play without. I have had the best success using right foot on right flank and left foot on left. This will more often see them go straight at goal in between the fullback and the Center back when with the ball instead of the Centerback cutting the angel and making him move sideline instead, moving away from his good angle, right into the center of the park that already is crowded

Requirements: Decision – Pace – Acceleration –Dribbling – Off the Ball – Finishing – Composure – Crossing

RESULTS

In testing, using clubs like Peterborough, Arsenal, AIK Stockholm, Milan, we have been top of the table with all teams. Although doing do with Arsenal and Milan is not that hard, it shows that it works against teams sitting deep and playing cautious too and not just against teams exposing their defence and the area behind their fullbacks.

MATCH PREPERATION INSEASON - None set to average
OPPOSITION INSTRUCTION – None
TEAM TALK My assistant handles it as he is good at it
PITCH SIZE - I have mainly used a standard pitch

The Better Half´s Tactic Center

Prologue

In this thread, you will find a download Link to a Big Pack of tactics containing 18 different formations and 50 tacticfiles created in the Tactics Creator As different the formations might be, they core of all the tactics are the same as they all use the same roles, created and defined by me in the 2ND post. The tactics are all build using the same Framework, an approach that have been heavily tweaked from the Rigid Control settings provided by the wizard. As written above, I am using my own roles and you will find that most settings are fixed, making most shouts useless so in one sense, the are to be regarded as PLUG & PLAY tactics. When I wrote in a sense, I was referring to the fact that one must both use a formation that actually suits the team in terms of squad, club status and short term ambition and you will find more information about this in the section called " Picking a formation" but I was also referring to the fact that each and every uploaded tactic comes in at least 2 different version using different settings for the Forwards. This, I find to be a key in this years edition and its important that one reads the definition of the different player roles, the TBH Roles and use the correct setting to suit your Attackers. The thread will also contain hints and tips about pre-game preparation.

Table of content

OPENING POST

1.1 Contacts, Download Link

1.2 The Framework

1.3 Picking a formation

1.4 A Preview of the Formations/ Uploaded Tactics,

1.5 Using multiple Formations/Uploaded Tactics

1.6 Set pieces, OIs and the other stuff

1.7 Preseason Preparations, Building the squad

1.8 PreGame preparation

1.9 FAQ

2.1 The TBH Roles, The settings of the players

1.1Contact & Download Links

http://www.zshare.net/download/9435572054368ce4/

MSN thebeha@live.se

HOMEPAGE http://thebetterhalf.n.nu/

1.2 The Framework and Core of the Tactics

As you will see when downloading the tactics, they all use the same framework. We play slightly slower than average and with lots of players opening up space for others to move into. Movement from deep combined with players providing the width as well as player making runs into channels to rip the opponents defence apart. As an example, you will see that in some of the tactics using 2 or more AMCs, they have been given different off the ball moves, like move into channels or roam from position, along with different settings in Crossing and T-balls. The reason for this is simply to bring more dimensions to the attacking play.When it comes to the Closing Down settings and Mentality, we use a slightly higher than average mentality and press. Many of these settings are tweaked/fixed and will not be effected by shouts. The more creative MCs are positioned lower down in the field along with a lesser closing down settings and MC that is more restricted in terms of creative freedom and runs from deep is positioned higher up in the field and works harder in the defensive duties. By using this midfield combo, one secures that in almost every club, there are at least one player that are suited for the give role. Beneath, I have uploaded a screenshot of some of the settings. I have left out the fact that the Philosophy is Rigid and the strategy is Control on purpose as most of the settings have been tweaked anyway.

As written in the prologue, I am using some of my own created roles, form here on referred to as the TBH roles. These roles are simply some that I have found been working better than the ones provided by the Tactic Creator. It is important though that you read my definition of the Role as the name I have chosen to give it might bring you a different definition of it, like a Wide Fullback, the Direct playing MC or the Deep Coming Complete Forward. Take the time to read up on these roles in the 2ND post

teamsettoh.png

1.3 Picking a formation

Now, just like in real life, some users match their formation and there philosophy to suit the current squad at hand and some have a favourite style of play or formation that they stick to, recruiting the adequate players as they go along. Regardless of personal preferences, the formation used simply have to match your ambition, an ambition that in its turn should be based on the current circumstances and be a healthy one. Often we see users trying out a formation that simply does not match the ambition, the players or that is sprung form reality( in game that is). A team like Blackpool should perhaps not play a very attacking formation like the High 442 using AMR/L formation if the ambition is to stay clear form relegation, building for the future. If being over ambitious so the speak, still playing with Blackpool, you might be in for trouble as the players simply are not good enough to achieve this playing attacking and wide. Here, its better to play to the strength of the team and once having strengthened the defence and brought in some specific competence up front, you can change framework as the journey gos on. So in short - and once again - you have to ask your self if the current formation is likely to achieve your goals given the circumstances

The same goes for ungelled teams and/or teams lacking in determined players. Its better to play more narrow and grind out a few results. Whilst the team may be superior your opponent when reading the lineup, the players need to function as a group( remember Tottenham in FM09) and its better to play more cautious to start with until the team is gelled as it otherwise will be very hard to turn around the bad morale of drop in confidence that may follow

As for a top notch team like Man U, we know that we will face teams flooding the midfield, playing compact and narrow with lots of men behind the ball. Even if preferring a narrow formation using 2 DMCs and even if having the players for it, this will most likely see you underachieve domestic as the formation by default is more cautious although I still think you will win the EPL. You will simply have a hard time breaking down defensive teams. So in short - and once again - you have to ask your self if the current formation is likely to achieve your goals given the circumstances

My advice is to understand what the different formations requires and leave you with a quote form the TT&F 2010, written by Richard Claydon (wwfan), Gareth Millward (Millie) and the Tactical Think Tank, as they say it best

On the whole, the best formation is the one which allows you to play your best players where they can do the most damage to the opposition. However, the team must still retain some defensive shape, have enough players in midfield to aid the transition from defence to attack, and enough forward players to be potent in attack. Otherwise, Real Madrid might play a 2-3-5

Setting up a formation to suit the squad and planning for the future

When I first take over a team, I make a SWOT of the team. BY this I mean that I don't just look at the strengths and weaknesses but also about future threats , like injuries to key players, and also the opportunities, like the signing of a great future fullback that might make me be able to play my brilliant AMR in his correct position without needing to cover and cut angels above the current weak link in the team. So basically, I follow these steps

• List the strength of the team
  • List the weaknesses of the team
  • Consider if my weaknesses makes me unable to use my strong sides
  • Consider the defensive price of still using them
  • ..and then.. compare it to the cost of my attacking play if I am to sacrifice playing a AMR for the benefit of a MR, covering up for my weaknesses
  • Look for a formation or a couple of formations that my team can handle
  • And finally., I look for the opportunities that a new signing might bring for the team in terms of making my squad more flexible in playing different formations as its not always a new brilliant striker the team needs but perhaps a new fullback of equal standard to the existing one, but much better in covering large areas with speed.

1.4 The Formations/ Uploaded Tactics

In the Big Pack up for download, you will find the formations listed beneath. Further information, like the one on the example, will be found in the 3rd post but before reading that part, please also read the 2ND post where I define the player roles. Until the 3ed post is complete, just look at the tactic and compare it to the link in the roles. All uploaded tactics come in at least 2 different versions to suit the Forwards you have at hand and I will once again remind you to use the correct version or setting that actually does suit your players and as written before, this information will be found in the 2ND post.

Exampel

Formation: " The very, very attacking formation "X"

Player Roles:

Wide fullbacks, DCs, Creative MC, Direct-playing MC, Off the Ball Wingers, Rioting AMC: The Deep coming Complete Forward works best in this formation

Suits:

Most teams with at least one really good defensive MC

Does not Suit

The heavy underdog as they need to stay with more men behind the ball, playing a more cautious formation

The Wide 442s

* Flat 442 (MC, MC, ML, MR)

The Narrow 442s

* Narrow Diamond ( DMC, MC, MC, AMC)

* Narrow 4132 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC)

* Narrow 4312 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC)

* High Box (MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Rectangular Box ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC

The Wide 451s

* Flat 4411 (MC, MC, MR, ML, AMC)

* Wide 41221 ( DMC,MC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Wide 42121 (DMC, DMC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Wide 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Deep & Wide 4231 ( DMC, AMC, AMR, AMC, AML)

* Wide 4231 ( MC, MC, AMR, AMC, AML)

* The Cottage, Wide 42211 ) DMC, DMC, MR, ML, AMC)

The Narrow 451s

* Deep & Narrow 4231 ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 4231 ( MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 41311 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC, AMC)

* Narrow 42121 ( DMC, DMC, MC, AMC, AMC)

The Asymmetric

* Asymmetric 442 Nr 2 (DMC, MC, AMwinger, Mwinger)

* Asymmetric 451 Nr 2 ( MC, MC, Mwinger, AMC, AMwinger)

1.5 Using multiple Formations/Uploaded Tactics

Personally, I like to use multiple formations during one season. If I have only one really good AML but the squad still suits the Wide 41221 formation, I can be good to also use the Asymmetric 451 that puts the AML in the AMC position, as a cover formation when the AML is unable to play. The same way, It can be good to use both the Flat 442 and the 4411 if not having enough forwards in the team to see you through a season as the differences in formation is ever so little that the team will not have any trouble learning both in the match preparation. Just notice that just because the formation might look similar, it does not mean that the players will end op in ( almost) the same place as the 4411 might be build on the narrow Diamond tactic and not the Flat 442. If wanting to make in game formation changes, you might have to alter the tactics and re-save them pregame.

In my current Birmingham save, I only have one decent FC, Jermore, so I am playing a single Fc Formation. As I somewhat lack squad depth, having only one good DMCs, AMC and AML, I use the following 3 Formations in my Match Preperation

matchprep.png

1.6 Set pieces, OIs and the other stuff

Set Pieces

These, you simply have to set your self. The current setup is not all all bad but the settings have to match the players. You might have a really good heading monster as a fullback and a small but pacey DC so your see that you do need to alter this to suit your team and perhaps, if wanting to micromanage a bit, use different one depeing on the lineup on matchday

text

Opposition Instructions

In testing, I have not used any at all.

Playmakers

In all the Tactics the playmakers box have been ticked, setting it to none. If wanting ti use one, then just untick the box and the Creative Mc or DMC will become the playmaker altough I would only use one if he is the outstanding player of the team. Remember that if this player is not consistant enough, the team will suffer big time.

Target Men

None of the Tactics use a Target Man but if wanting to use one, just add the name of the player your want. The Quick Poacher should perhaps have run onto ball supplie, The Deepcoming Complete Forward should be set to mixed and the Deeplying Forward to Feet altough I would only use one if he is the outstanding player of the team. Remember that if this player is not consistant enough, the team will suffer big time.

text

1.7 Preseason Preparations, Building the squad

The Importance of Team Players

To Come

Preseason Training

Links to come

1.8 PreGame preparation

Media and Press Conference

My best tip is to read this guide by wwfan

Link to the post

Match Preparation

Again, this is basically what I have been using

Another LInk to a wwfan-thread

1.9 FAQ

None yet !

1.9 Copyright

No content in this thread can be published without my permission except during following circumstances

• When there is no other alternative
  • In a emergency and you fear for your life
  • When you really, really want to

The TBH Roles

The TBH roles:

Here, I explain some of my own made roles. It’s important that one does not try to use your own definition of some of the keywords, like Linkman, Strong or Slow but instead read what I mean with my definition. Also notice that whilst I may have used the role Poacher, or Playmaker when tweaking his settings, this may have very little to do with his actual settings, just like the tactic have little to do with my settings Rigid and Control

The ATTACKERS

Like stated in the Opening post in my thread, the tactics use preset settings of one or two of these roles. These does not by any means mean that these roles/play types are the ones that always works the best with the tactic you look at but if having the ability to chose freely amongst the players in the world, I would still go for the FC roles uploaded but as stated previously, the important part is that you use the roles that suits your player selected on match day.

Now, If you have 2 players that function in the same role, like Anelka and Drogba at Chelsea plays best as Complete Linkman and you are playing one of the “442 tactics”, would I then give the players the same role ?. The answer here is simply Absolutely NOT as the tactic would get to one dimensional. Instead, I would use one of them as the Deep Lying FC and perhaps let them swap position. Obviously, the role of the Deeplying FC will limit a player like Drogba or Anelka but as a team needs balance, this is the role he have to play, and probably play it really, really good but just like the hardworking MC, he will not get the appreciation in terms of very high average ratings or praising in media unless he scores lot of goal. If having a balanced team that gets results, this player will though, especially if he is a strong header with great movement

Then what about the tactic, are we always forced to change the settings of the FC depending on what forward we are using? Well yes, but why not save them under different names, like “AnelkaDrogba” and Anelka/Torres” and load up the correct version before each game.

What role would suit and underdog the best?

- Well, in short, when playing against teams using a high d-line, its better to use a pacey forward that plays on the shoulder of the defence as the gap between the midfield and defence where the other 2 roles normally seeks their space are very crowded. When playing with a top team against more cautious team, sitting deep and perhaps also in a short field, then the Quick Poacher will initially struggle to find space. In a 442, I always favour one of the 2 FC´s to be a quick poacher regardless or opposition as he needs constant surveillance by the opponent but in the end, this will be your choice

Roles for Formations using 2 Forwards

The Deep Lying Complete Forward LInk to Setting

When you look at the names of the famous players beneath, you will see what kind of player type that is needed for this role. When I write player roles, this is exactly what I mean. By no means does he have to be this good as everything is relative the level one is playing at. The important thing is that his ability/stats should match his tendencies and preferred moves. His settings match the fact that he likes to come deep to get the ball and be in focus of the play, almost like a playmaker rather than a target man. To make sure that he drops deep from an advanced position, he has been given little defensive duties (low closing down) and when he links up with play, he looks for either a short option before getting forward, stop play by holding on to the ball until a team mate arrives or if none or these options are available, he makes a run with ball at goal. When having linked up with a team mate and made a pass, his high mentality makes him take a new position and when getting the ball closer in on goal, he will use his dribbling skills to carry out his orders (rwball often) and go straight at goal.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez ( manu), Tevez ( man c), Drogba( chelsea), Anelka (Chelsea)

Preferred player moves: Comes deep to get the ball

Key Stats: Decision – Off the ball – Dribbling – Acceleration & Pace – Agility – Technique

The Quick Poacher Link to Setting

What is a poacher then? Well, generally speaking, without taking into account the differences between different cultures and so on, it’s a player that knows how to get into a position where he can pop it into the net and also have the ability to do so. Here, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and makes moves into channels and when with the ball, he goes straight at goal. If you feel you have a great attacker that have 20 in finishing and Composure as well as in off the ball and anticipation, he will have the opportunity to win the golden boot each and every year. I say opportunity as the player also needs to actually play in the way a poacher does. If he dwells on the ball, make a pass rather than to score him self or likes to gets deep to get the ball, then he needs to have a different setting to perform well. Either this or make him unlearn these conflicting ppms. In FM11, just likes in some of the previous editions, some stats are heavily favoured and if you manage to get a player that possesses these abilities, and then you have a player that can still perform great as a poacher without being that good at scoring. If he a monster there as well, then he gets unstoppable. The stats I am thinking about is Pace, Acceleration, Off the Ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Dribbling and most importantly, Decision. This actually goes for each and every player in the game but you see the benefits more for players closer at goal.

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, gets forward, cuts inside, runs with ball through the middle

Famous Players (in FM11.3)Walcott ( Arsenal), Balotelli ( man c) Gyan ( sunderland) Welbeck ( at sunderland), Suarez ( liverpool ) N´Gog (liverpool), Torres ( Chelsea

Key Stats: Pace – Acceleration – Dribbling – Decision – Finishing and if he is 2footed, then wow!!

Deep Lying Forward Link to Setting

In short, a real team player. Just like every team needs their hardworking MC or anchorman, this player can make the difference between loosing 1-2 versus winning 2-0.

This player is one that by ppm likes to come deep to get the ball or play with his back towards the goal or at least has no conflicting ppms. He plays a simple game. He is very similar to the Strong Deep Lying Forward and a Target man on support, but I don’t use one and to avoid confusion, I stay away from calling him that. Like stated previously Whilst this player – at top level – might have pace and dribbling around 13-14, it’s still not good enough to play in the Complete role.

Obviously, the role of the Limited Linkman like this will limit a player like Drogba or Anelka but as a team needs balance, this is the role he has to play, and probably play it really, really good but just like the hardworking MC, he will not get the appreciation in terms of very high average ratings or praising in media unless he scores lot of goal. If having a balanced team that gets results, this player will though, especially if he is a strong header with great movement.

The Famous Players (in FM11.3)Chamakh (Arsenal), Bendtner (Arsenal) Berbatov (man u) Zigic (Birmingham), Dzeko (man c), Caroll (Liverpool), Carew (at stoke), Zamora (fulham),

Preferred player moves: Play with back towards goal, comes deep to get the ball, and gets into the area late

Key Stats: Work Rate, Determination, Team Work, Strength, Anticipation, Decision,

Roles for Formations using a Lone Forward

The Deep Lying Complete Forward (His settings are the same as in the 2FC role)

When you look at the names of the famous players beneath, you will see what kind of player type that is needed for this role. When I write player roles, this is exactly what I mean. By no means does he have to be this good as everything is relative the level one is playing at. The important thing is that his ability/stats should match his tendencies and preferred moves. His settings match the fact that he likes to come deep to get the ball and be in focus of the play, almost like a playmaker rather than a target man. To make sure that he drops deep from an advanced position, he has been given little defensive duties (low closing down) and when he links up with play, he looks for either a short option before getting forward, stop play by holding on to the ball until a team mate arrives or if none or these options are available, he makes a run with ball at goal. When having linked up with a team mate and made a pass, his high mentality makes him take a new position and when getting the ball closer in on goal, he will use his dribbling skills to carry out his orders (rwball often) and go straight at goal.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez ( manu), Tevez ( man c), Drogba( chelsea), Anelka (Chelsea)

Preferred player moves: Comes deep to get the ball

Key Stats: Decision – Off the ball – Dribbling – Acceleration & Pace – Agility – Technique

The Quick Poacher Link to Setting

What is a poacher then? Well, generally speaking, without taking into account the differences between different cultures and so on, it’s a player that knows how to get into a position where he can pop it into the net and also have the ability to do so. Here, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and makes moves into channels and when with the ball, he goes straight at goal. If you feel you have a great attacker that have 20 in finishing and Composure as well as in off the ball and anticipation, he will have the opportunity to win the golden boot each and every year. I say opportunity as the player also needs to actually play in the way a poacher does. If he dwells on the ball, make a pass rather than to score him self or likes to gets deep to get the ball, then he needs to have a different setting to perform well. Either this or make him unlearn these conflicting ppms. In FM11, just likes in some of the previous editions, some stats are heavily favoured and if you manage to get a player that possesses these abilities, and then you have a player that can still perform great as a poacher without being that good at scoring. If he a monster there as well, then he gets unstoppable. The stats I am thinking about is Pace, Acceleration, Off the Ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Dribbling and most importantly, Decision. This actually goes for each and every player in the game but you see the benefits more for players closer at goal.

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, gets forward, cuts inside, runs with ball through the middle

Famous Players (in FM11.3)Walcott ( Arsenal), Balotelli ( man c) Gyan ( sunderland) Welbeck ( at sunderland), Suarez ( liverpool ) N´Gog (liverpool), Torres ( Chelsea

Key Stats: Pace – Acceleration – Dribbling – Decision – Finishing and if he is 2footed, then wow!!

Strong Deep Lying Forward Link to Setting

This player is one that by ppm likes to come deep to get the ball or play with his back towards the goal. He is very similar to a deep coming Target Man on support, but as I don’t use one and to avoid confusion, I stay away from calling him that. Whilst this player – at top level – might have pace and dribbling around 13-14, it’s still not good enough to play in the Complete role, running down the flanks, beating his man etc. Unlike the Normal Deep lying Fc used in a 2 Fc combo, he hold on to the ball and plays higher up in the field, using mixed passing instead of Direct as he is at the highest point in the team and should not play too direct

The Famous Players (in FM11.3)Chamakh (Arsenal), Bendtner ( Arsenal) Berbatov( man u) Zigic (Birmingham), Dzeko ( man c), Caroll (Liverpool), Carew ( at stoke), Zamora (fulham),

Preferred player moves: Play with back towards goal. Moves into channels, gets into the area late

Key Stats: Strength, Anticipation, Decision, Finishing

The MIDFIELDERS

The Limited DMC Link to Setting

Here is a player that plays behind 2 Mcs, like in the Narrow Diamond and the Wide 41221. He should stay in the hole and ocver angtels by using loose Zonal marking. Here, I have not tweaked much at all and you can use any good DMC

or MC or Direct Playing DMC/MC or The Roaming from Deep Direct Playing DMC/MC Link to setting

(The only difference I in settings are the free role)

Here we use a player that beraks up attacks high up in the field and when doing so, I dont want him to slow things down but instead get the ball forward. He makes very few runs from deep but instead stays behind the ball, arriving late outside the area. This player can be the key to the tactic if having a really good ballwinner here have good passing attributes. In some of the Tactics, he also have a free role so that he seeks space wher it can be found. This however is restricted to the tactics where I do want him to find this space, like in the Deep and Wide 4231. In the flat 442, I dont want him to go ahead as that space should be soukth by the winger instead and in some tactics, he has to go wide to find the space and I dont want him to do that

The Creative DMC or MC Link to Setting

This is the more creative MC that lies slightly deeper in midfield. He actually makes runs from deep to ensure that we have a creatove player supporting in the attacks. Any good Mc can function here as long as he is creative, has a good decision aatribute and know how to make a pass

The Roaming Incutting WingForward Link to Setting

This player is often used when there actually are space to be found inside, like in the wide 42121 or the wide 4321, in short when the space in not occupied by a FCl/r or a AMC. By no means does he have to right footed on left flank and vice verse. This role actually suits any good wingforward or winger that knows how to find space. I have used Walcott as AMR with this setting and he was an absolute beast. He has the ppm Runs down right flank with ball and sometimes he follow his ppm and sometimes, when seeing an opportunity to go straight at goal, he will cut inside with the ball. The movement without the ball in here more decided by his ppms and his off the ball and anticipation stats when dealing with his orders to roam, to seek free space where its to be found. I have also used players like Arshavin that actually likes to cut inside. Being 2-footed, he really enjoys this role although if facing a team using 2 DMCs, wingers cutting inside can struggle. One will benefit form their movements on other parts of the field though when they managed to draw the attention of 2, or even 3, of the opponents defensive players ( Fullback, DC and DMC), opening up the space for other players to move into, like our wide defenders.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Walcott ( Arsenal), Arshavin ( Arsenal), Jovanovic ( Pool), Demba Ba ! ( WH), Kamara ( Fulham), the list can go on and on

Preferred player moves: Cuts inside, runs down correct flank with ball, moves into channels

Key Stats: Decision, Off the ball, Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Agility, Crossing, Finishing

The Roaming Wide Winger Link to Setting

The difference between this player that are used both as MR/L and AMR/L and the incutting one a few roles down beneath is that he, when playing as MR/L does not benefit at all from having Cut inside as a ppm. When playing in MR/L, he needs to be able to beat his man as well as be at least average in carrying out the defensive duties. When plating with a top notch team, one can afford using a extremely attacking minded player here, one that does not know how to defend but when facing equal teams or teams superior to you, a player that are able o defend might be the better choice. Just lower his run with ball to mixed if that player has poor dribbling skills

Famous Players (in FM11.3) Milner ( manc), Baines ( Everton), Etherington ( stoke), the list is long and leave out the really obvious here on purpose

Preferred player moves Runs down the correct flank with ball, gets inside the area

Key Stats: Decision, Determination, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Tackling, Positioning, Off the ball

The Off the ball Winger and Off the Ball Outer AMC No links will be provided here

I mixture of an attacker, an pure AMC and a winger. This player will benefit both from coming deep to get the ball, move into channels and get forward. It is important that he possesses good movement and are able to read the game. As he is called Outer AMC, its clear that he is used as one of the AMCs in the Narrow Formations and therefore, its good if he both have the ability to seek free space and the stamina to cover these large areas defensively

The Rioting Hole AMC Link to Setting

This player lies in the hole between the Forward/s and the Midfield. Although given a free role, he will only roam and find free space in the attacking part of the field and when in possession of the ball, he will instantly cut inside, looking for a pass, a quick cross or have a go at the goal. If playing in a 4411, he will drift wide if the space is to be found their and if the winger has the ball, he will seek space in the box if it’s to be found.

This player can be the absolute key of the tactic, even if it looks like he is having a bad game, not making more then 15 passes through out the game. How is that then? Well, by using his movement, he creates space for the others to move into. With this said, he needs to be mobile and if creative with good decision or passing, this is your top man

Famous Players (in FM11.3) Arshavin ( Arsenal), Silva ( manc ), Lampard ( Chelsea), Gerrard ( liverpool)

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, cut inside, runs down X flank, gets into opposition area

Key Stats: Decision, Off the ball, Stamina, Anticipation, Creativity, Passing and Finishing

The Link AMC Link to Setting

A player very similair to the Riot AMC only here, his job is to act like a linkman between the midfield and the attackers (used with 2 FCs up front). Therefor, the ability to hit a through ball is more important than scoring

The DEFENDERS - No links will be provided here

Nothing special here really. We mainly use the settings provided by the wizard. Some formations uses fullbacks ( the wide ones) and some Wingbacks. As usually, don’t underestimate the value of having determined players with good team work and work rate

The Normal DC

No real description needed here as the role is set as in the TC

Preferred player moves: None really

Key Stats: As I the TC

The Normal Fullback or Wide Fullback/COLOR]

No real description needed here and no screenshot either as the role is set as in the TC. In some narrow tactics, he is asked to provide the width by hugging the touchline

Preferred player moves: None really

The Attacking Wingback

No real description needed here as the role is set as in the TC. Provides width by hugging the touchline

Preferred player moves: Runs down X flank with ball, Gets forward, gets into the opposition area

Role:Riot AMC[/b]

nice to see you back at it, big fan of your tactics

Thanks !

Currently, I am testing the next tactic and have just finished my season with Villa using this narrow diamond. we finished 6th in the league and won both domestic cups. As Delfounso broke his leg in September, we did lack a 3rd striker upfront though and would probably had done better if not being forced to play heskey on 21 occasions ( zero goals )

Great tactic bro, I managed my country ranked 140+ but managed to get through WC Qualification Group Stage :thup: You only have to make sure you put the right player in the formation :D

Thats great. >Looking forward to hearing how it went in the WC (and what country you manage).

Malaysia, but now ranked 99 in world ranking :)

btw, should I edit your attacking corner tactic instruction ? because all player sets lurk outside area :confused:

Yeah, just change the corner routine to what ever you feel like.

Personally, I am forced into taking a break form FM12 since Steam just "updated" my game with 1%( and then failed to complete it) when the game closed down as I was trying to change skin. Now, I cant play it as the previous default light skin suddenly has turned reeeaaaaally light and the text is light-light blue and its impossible to change the skin back as steam shuts me down

Well, I am probably better off without FM12 as its the worst game in the series so far. Its impossible to watch full matches or even extended highlights as the flow of the game is awful. There are just too many flaws that is unbearable to watch. Almost every single goal comes out of situations that should not have occurred in the first place. I cant recall a single match that did not have a goal that I have actually never seen in real life.

Sigh

Yeah, just change the corner routine to what ever you feel like.

Personally, I am forced into taking a break form FM12 since Steam just "updated" my game with 1%( and then failed to complete it) when the game closed down as I was trying to change skin. Now, I cant play it as the previous default light skin suddenly has turned reeeaaaaally light and the text is light-light blue and its impossible to change the skin back as steam shuts me down

Well, I am probably better off without FM12 as its the worst game in the series so far. Its impossible to watch full matches or even extended highlights as the flow of the game is awful. There are just too many flaws that is unbearable to watch. Almost every single goal comes out of situations that should not have occurred in the first place. I cant recall a single match that did not have a goal that I have actually never seen in real life.

Sigh

going to give your tactics a whirl with the mighty afc wimbledon.

why is it so unbearable? i thought nothing had changed in the match engine?

going to give your tactics a whirl with the mighty afc wimbledon.

why is it so unbearable? i thought nothing had changed in the match engine?

Oh yes, there has been changes in it since 11.3. It has not been revamped but there has been changes and its mostly seen in the movement and the positioning of the players when off the ball. Most users dont see it that much, especially not when playig with a top team and having lots of possession and winning matches but as soon as you play with a lesser team, an underdog in League one or Two and you watch the full games, you see them and believe me, its really hard to watch. You just get angry

Btw, here is my current skin, nice is it not :D

ihatesteam2.png

That is a horrible skin, sorry :/

Have you posted this in the bugs forum?

I have had steam in offline mode since I activated the Game. It just complicates accessing the Game, there are times when it would take around 3-4 minutes just to launch the game, being stuck on "Preparing to Launch Football Manager 2012".

That is a horrible skin, sorry :/

Have you posted this in the bugs forum?

I have had steam in offline mode since I activated the Game. It just complicates accessing the Game, there are times when it would take around 3-4 minutes just to launch the game, being stuck on "Preparing to Launch Football Manager 2012".

..and now the skin is working again and the game is even allowing me to use a skin I downloaded

Off to play with a team in the EPL instead :D

Sorry dude, don't know what I was thinking lol!

Anyway, do you use a Target man? I know it's not ticked but your Target man supply is 'Run onto ball', this is for the Asymetric tacticin the OP. I'm using it and getting absolutely battered every game. I am only in the Indonesian league but I actually have decent players for the league and great backroom staff as I'm also the England manager who has just won the European Championships.

Sorry dude, don't know what I was thinking lol!

Anyway, do you use a Target man? I know it's not ticked but your Target man supply is 'Run onto ball', this is for the Asymetric tacticin the OP. I'm using it and getting absolutely battered every game. I am only in the Indonesian league but I actually have decent players for the league and great backroom staff as I'm also the England manager who has just won the European Championships.

No, no Target man used. The " run onto ball " thing is just because it was transformed form a Fm11 tactic that did use a TM. It means nothing

I cant say that I am that familiar with the Indonesian league but it does not sound that good that you are being battered, I have not experienced that. With this said, its hard to give any hints as I don't know anything about your players

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TheBetterHalf, just wanted to let you know that I tested your 4231 Wide (Quick Poacher) from the Big Tactic Pack for FM11.

I used Valencia and sped through a season finishing 5th in La Liga (predicted 5th), knocked out from the CL by Barca in the quarters and knocked out of the Copa Del Rey in the Semis by Real Madrid. I used the default Valencia squad so all in all not a bad result as the squad really lacks depth. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance, but how does these tactics work? I'm looking at the 4-5-1 into oblivion tactic and now I'm wondering a bit about how it works. I'm used to use a tactic sets or play and shout, but I'm not sure how to apply different strategies to this tactic if needed. Have I missed something completely about how to use this tactic?

Excuse my ignorance, but how does these tactics work? I'm looking at the 4-5-1 into oblivion tactic and now I'm wondering a bit about how it works. I'm used to use a tactic sets or play and shout, but I'm not sure how to apply different strategies to this tactic if needed. Have I missed something completely about how to use this tactic?

The Into Oblivion and cautious in causton are the lazy mans tactics. they are purely pliúg & play and if having the players fitting the roles, then one will overachieve. As for sets, I way I very much prefer, I am struggling with the 3d presentation of the game. The sets works fine but some flaws, like ball physics, makes it too hard for most people to read the game to be able to get the version picking correct.

• 3 weeks later...

MAN UNITED TACTIC

Notice ! The tactic is NOT uploaded. Instead, just follow the instructions as how to set it up. Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings will be pointed out in the text and/or the screenies.

Disclaimer : This is in no way an emulation.

Basiclly, I have been using these settings. As you see, there is nothing fancy here. I just let the players do their stuff. Man U has a huge advantaghe if you use the right plrayers, the players with high team work and work rate. I have not used any playmaker, hence its set to "none"

Also suited for:Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City, Pool. Obviously there are more teams but you getting the hang of it

1st strategy: A wide Control based approach

This is the main approach. Playing rather attacking and using the width of the pitch to be able to create space and drag those deep sitting and tight defences out of position

60040970.png

2nd strategy: Quick and Direct Counter

As always, there will be times when you want to hit the opponent on the counter. Perhaps in the away match against a really good team that attacks you and leaves lots of space benhind their fullbacks for you to exploit, or when that lesser team is trying to make a comeback, you being 2-0 up. Here, we put direct balls into channels for our wingers and attackers to run onto.

manucounter.png

57114169.png

ASTON VILLA TACTIC

A MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

Notice ! The tactic is NOT uploaded. Instead, just follow the instructions as how to set it up. Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings will be pointed out in the text and/or the screenies.

Disclaimer: This is in no way emulation.

Basically, I have been using these settings. As you see, there is nothing fancy here. I just let the players do their stuff. Here, we take advantage of the fact that Aston Villa have 4 (yes, even Heskey !!) really good forwards that have specific competence. We also play to the fact that we have central midfielders that do like to get forward ( played as BBM) and some that likes to stay behind and defend at hit t-balls from deep ( the CM on defend).

Being a middle team, ands there is very little difference between the teams considered 8-18th, we will find our selves needing to play like one. Not too fancy, not to attacking or wide. Instead, we let our attackers and the BBM create space.

Also suited for:Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham. Obviously there are more teams but you getting the hang of it

The players

Left FC - Target man Support - Gabby, Heskey

Right FC - Advanced FC or Poacher - Bent, Delfouneso

Left MC - CM defend – Petrov, Bannan if played in the center, Jenas

Right MC – BBM - Delph, Ireland

1st strategy: Tight counter formation

We keep a tight formation when attacking on the counter, getting the ball forward, pushing up the team to keep it even tighter along with putting pressure on the opponent. The attackers on the other hand will provide width and lots of movement.

Against teams playing with a DMC-MC-MC, DO NOT use the " Play Narrower" shout

mainformation.png

2nd Keeping the ball and using the space

Here, we use more of the width in midfield and defence and slow things down, trying to keep possession better. Maybe against teams that sit deeper with their team, playing tight as well or when wanting to hold on to the ball and dictate the game, seeing out a 2-0 lead, not really needing to score that 3-0 on the cost of risking the AI making a comeback

2ndformation.png

Well, nobody downloads them because they aren't a plug and play tactic. I think that is what most people want.

Yeah, I know. I do hope though that people are going to like my new "team tactics". Not conuting on massive feedback though but as long as somebody will enjoy them

BOLTON TACTIC

An underdog tactic

Disclaimer: This is in no way an emulation.

Bolton, an underdog ?. Well irl, they certainly are but as we all now, anything can be achieved with almost all teams in the EPL. But for now, let’s just say that Bolton is as crap as this year, that our main goal is to stay up and build on for next season and doing so without even being near getting involved in a relegation battle

Here, the key lies in using players capable of defending as that’s what we are doing most of the time, even when in possession.

Also suited for

Swansea, QPR, Doncaster, Crystal P. Obviously there are more teams but you getting the hang of it

The players

Left FC - Target man Support - Davies, N´Gog,

Right FC – Defensive FC -Klasni, N´Gog,

Left MC – DLP Defend – Reo, Holden

Right MC – CM Defend - Muamba

1st and only strategy: Slow and Cautious Possession Football

We keep a tight formation when attacking on the counter, holding on to the ball. Not only by playing in a slow tempo, but also by using many defensive roles. Defensive Wingers, a Cm on defend a playmaker on defend, a defensive Forward etc. To keep possession better we actually play down the flanks so that when we drop the ball, we still have many people behind it. In this rigid approach the defence comes first and we stick to our positions and as we don’t have the players for it ( generally speaking), we sit deeper and DON’T hassle.

The Approach uses a full Playmaker and a full target man, both players that are set to be cautious

normalformation.png

Love this approach! :) Struggled midseason with my own 4-4-2. Playing with Alemannia Aachen in germanys 2nd division. After I reshaped the club from top to bottom the media prediction was 12th. After 17 games we are 3rd, but we really struggled to find the goal.

Used the Aston Villa Tactic against RB Leipzig in my first game after winterbreak. With tight counter we were 3-0 up at half time. Then I switched to keep ball and we scored another 3 goals. Six of the best for Alemannia Aachen! ;)

If we stay in the league and i can strengthen the squad would you recommend to use the ManU tactic for the next season? And if we suprisingly get promoted I have to use Bolton tactic for first season?

KUTGW!!!

Love this approach! :) Struggled midseason with my own 4-4-2. Playing with Alemannia Aachen in germanys 2nd division. After I reshaped the club from top to bottom the media prediction was 12th. After 17 games we are 3rd, but we really struggled to find the goal.

Used the Aston Villa Tactic against RB Leipzig in my first game after winterbreak. With tight counter we were 3-0 up at half time. Then I switched to keep ball and we scored another 3 goals. Six of the best for Alemannia Aachen! ;)

If we stay in the league and i can strengthen the squad would you recommend to use the ManU tactic for the next season? And if we suprisingly get promoted I have to use Bolton tactic for first season?

KUTGW!!!

Hm tricky. The 442 Man United is not only for a team fighting in the top, but mostly for a top quality team. It might be that your team just is not good enough to hassle the opponent AND be creative AND make runs. Remember that United have players like Rooney that is great in so many ways, along with Fletcher, Park etc that are some of the best TEAM-players in the world.

I am thinking about making a new thread with these tactics, a thread that might get some more atention than the old one. What do you think ?

Archived