FM12: Nottingham Forest Thread - Reminiscing Ol' Big 'Ed

danger_mouse

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

footballhead - Well the first transfer window is closed so ill keep and use Reid until January, Greening isn't performing well atm and with the signing of Jensen would mean i dont really need Greening, and McGugan could always play MC while Majewski plays AMC.

Nottingham Forest - I hope you get into this save and finish the season mate, would be good to see how you do :)

I too signed Zac Fagan from Arsenal, but for 120k, which was a lot better than the offer they put forward which if i remember correctly was 170k + 3m buy back + 45% profit. Currently mid Feb in my first season and am 1st with a 3 point cushion. In a rough patch at the moment having lost 3 since the start of Jan, but prior to that i was unbeaten (25 league games i believe)

No deal, keep him scoring for you!

I unfortunately have to sell Scot Sinclair at the moment, he's not accepting my contract offer and I want to keep the wages down :/ He's not worth the 50k a week he thinks he is anyway!

Also, just played the first game in Europe. I picked up Vukcevic for 2.7 million from AC Milan. Bargin, he scored and got 2 assists on his debut!

Usually just nose around on this thread to see how I'm doing compared to other people. Turns out I'm distinctly average!

Finished 6th first season and lost in the playoff final to Burnley. Not getting promoted was probably for the best, no doubt I would have come straight back down again if I went up.

The first season was mainly consolidation of the existing team with a couple of additions and some disposals to generate cash;

In

David Carney - DL - Free

Guus Joppen - 250k

Out

Paul Anderson - 400k

David McGoldrick - 600k

Garath McCleary - 250k

Had a storming start to the season after losing the first match, went 22 unbeaten and was comfortably top at the new year, but fell apart in the second half of the season when the small squad size and injuries began to hurt, had to win 4 in a row at the end to even reach the playoffs. Best performer was Miller, scoring 19 in 26 league games, a 5 month injury to him in January effectively ended hopes of promotion.

At the start of the second season I've been given the exact same wage budget (140k p/w) and fees budget (300k) as last year, so tried to cut down on the big earners who don't justify their wages, out went;

Smith (released)

Lynch (released)

Derbyshire (loan with permanent fee agreed)

Reid (400k)

Spent their combined wages on a number of young players, none paid more than 4k a week - managed to create a much bigger squad with at least a bit of strength in depth. So far after 7 matches, lie in 7th in the league - looks like I'm going to be massively reliant on Miller staying injury free in order to get promoted. No way thats going to happen so consigned to another season in the Championship and waiting for the young blood to mature!

Great my game just froze after i went 7 points clear, dont know how many games ive got to replay. :mad:

EDIT: Well just loaded my game back up and ive got to play 4 games all over again, Peterborough, West Ham, Leeds and Middlesbrough. Tough games although i think we drew to Peterborough and Leeds but beat West Ham and smashed Middlesbrough 5-0.

Gent, absolute disaster. I started a new game and somehow it has auto saved over my forest save. Absolutely gutted, because contrary to what I last posted I was going to carry on for one more season. Well pissed off, but means a restart so hopefully can improve on the last game. Genuinely saddened.

Finished my second season last night, I finished 7th in the Premiership and am in Europe due to Man Utd winning the league and FA Cup. I'll update with my transfers tomorrow, once I've got through the pre-season.

Pre-Season 2011

Well, pre-season is over and we've had a great one. Five out of five for victories and whilst there haven't been many departures, there have been five arrivals which includes three defenders and two central midfielders joining the club.

I still don't have the natural left back but I'm fairly confident Lynch, Freeman, Gunter, Zanzan and Cohen can all do the job there.

Oh and I scored 31 goals during pre-season :D.

My pre-season went well too , winning 6 out of 6 including victories over Arsenal and Wolves but had a slow start to season , losing 2 and drawing 1.

The teams now put 4 wins in a row together but i conceded 2 in each of those games , any tips on plugging a leaky defence.

Just won the Championship in my first season, after beating Birmingham with 2 games to go. Will post some screenshots tomorrow as i think i ma have some records. :D

Well chuffed, i think this may be my first league win after god knows how many years of playing the game, been promoted a few times, but not sure if i've got the title before.

5th season and I still can't touch the big teams in the league. Drawn one and lost 4 against the top 5 sides (Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man C). 11 games into the league campaign and i've picked up 17 points (currently sat 10th). Considering i've played all the hardest games for the first half of the season it's not bad. Will need to start picking up wins every week if I want to compete for European slots again mind you.

Fixture lists can be so unkind!

Also, nice work Mkwone. I don't think i've ever won the championship in any version of FM! It's a very hard league to win.

Season concluded, i'll throw my hat in for some records, no doubt they'll be broken but for the time being:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/mkwone/fastest.jpg

Fastest Goal - 16 seconds Miller

Most games without loosing - 17

Most games without conceding - 4 (naff i know)

Most games won in a row - 4 (naff i know)

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/mkwone/?action=view&current=table.jpg

Most Scored - 102

least goals - 42

biggest goal difference - 60

points in a season - 98

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/mkwone/miller.jpg

Most goals in a season - 37 Miller

most mom - 13 Miller

highest average rating - Miller 8.58

My next season will be the polar opposite. :D

5th season and I still can't touch the big teams in the league. Drawn one and lost 4 against the top 5 sides (Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man C). 11 games into the league campaign and i've picked up 17 points (currently sat 10th). Considering i've played all the hardest games for the first half of the season it's not bad. Will need to start picking up wins every week if I want to compete for European slots again mind you.

Fixture lists can be so unkind!

Must just be a Forest thing, I kicked off my third season against Man City, Chelsea then Arsenal. I got absolutely destroyed by Man City all game but was only 1-0 with ten minutes to go, so went Overload on them and Cohen scored from the edge of the box on 91 minutes lol. Managed two draws and only lost 3-2 to Chelsea, but it's not nice looking at the table so early on in the season, especially when the press are going on about how I've not won in four games because I lost the last game of the season before.

Five seasons in, have you had any improvements done to the stadium? I'm gonna be ****ed off if five seasons in the stadium hasn't been expanded.

I'm in the UEFA Cup and got handed a bit of a nasty group, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg and AaB, beat Wolfsburg and AaB though so still hopeful of progressing past the group stage and getting knocked out by some huge side.

Abdallah Yaisen is a ****ing legend, on FM11 I signed him for free at the age of 28 and he was my top scorer every season from AMC, banging in over 30 goals a season. Signed him this time, on a free at 18/19 and my AMC got injured for two months so I've dropped him in and he's scored five goals in nine games. :D

I agree, been steadily improving each year in the EPL but EVERY time I play one of the big teams on their ground I got mullered :( Had a poor start to my 4th season only picked up 2pts from the first 5 games, although I have played Man city and Utd away and chelsea at home. However I got the SACK!!!.

Anyway within a couple of weeks Spanish side Athletic offered me a job and i've taken that on. Also started a new Forest save which I will pick up shortly.

Jesus Christ, sacked after five games? Seems harsh, did you **** the board off by keep asking them to do stuff?

I remember on my FM11 Forest game, I didn't have the players to enter into Champions League so couldn't continue past the registration phase, so I had to resign. I never went back to the save, started one with Mansfield instead. :D

Jesus Christ, sacked after five games? Seems harsh, did you **** the board off by keep asking them to do stuff?

I remember on my FM11 Forest game, I didn't have the players to enter into Champions League so couldn't continue past the registration phase, so I had to resign. I never went back to the save, started one with Mansfield instead. :D

That happened with me once, I had to fill it with U18 players :D

Very harsh imo. I had a very good relationship with the board tbh. I had adjusted my pre season expectations to qualify for Europe as i'd made a couple of big signings. Oh well, unbeaten in my new job so far, 8 games in :D

Mayzie - No stadium upgrades yet, the team still doesn't fill out the stadium i'm in just now which is really disappointing. I'm hoping that a league cup win will get the supporters turning out in the league. I've managed to upgrade the youth facilities, junior coaching and training facilities once or twice each mind you! (Currently got the semi's against Bolton -Chelsea play wolves in the other semi)

Think i'm sat 5th or 6th at the moment. Also need a win against Sporting at home to progress in the Europa league. That'll be interesting.

Never posted before guy's so bear with me.

Just starting my 3rd season with Forest. First season won in Play-Offs, 2nd season stayed up on Goal Difference and made a steady start in the 3rd season (P4, W2, D1, L1).

Currently my star players are Goodwillie, Seb Larsson, Ryan Bertrand and Richie De Laet. Big money signing so far is Kevin De Bruyne for £7m from QPR whist the best bargain I've had is Muhammed Keita who I got for 160k and is now worth £3m and only 23.

Spent a lot of time recently scouting and signing youth players from around the globe. Got a few 4/4.5 potential star players all signed for under 200k whilst also spent £2m on a 5 star potential CM from France.

I also have experienced the 144 attendance bug, however after 2 home games this season it still hasn't fixed and I'm still playing in Newmarket! Any suggestions?

I'd check out the bugs section for that, if that happens to me and I can't fix it and have to start again, I'll be downloading FMRTE and sorting the ****er out myself.

At least you've got them upgrading some stuff then Footballhead, I've not even bothered asking yet as I want to focus my money on building a good enough squad to be competing in UEFA cup. Maybe I'll ask at the end of this season, I'm making a tidy profit in Premiership anyway.

E: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282218-Upgrade-youth-facilities-Can-t-play-at-home-ground < Have a read of that for the 144 capacity bug.

Thanks. Your right, i did run straight through from the Demo...although some games im at the CG and some Im back to having 144 fans travel to Newmarket.

Oh well, I can deal with it for 1 season. Especially if my form carries on like this.

Would rather have 144 happy fans than 30,000 unhappy!!

So i'm onto my 2nd Forest save after the unforeseen circumstances as posted a few days ago. Scraped through via the play offs beating Derby in the process. Started the Premiership season disastrously winning only 1 in 9 games but this was the winning game. An absolute epic! I was about to complain about this Wilfried guy but he's coming good at the right time!

First win of the season

After having serious problems trying to find a tactic that didnt make my team concede 3 or more in a game ( apparently the patch updates make some tactics useless ).

Finally got a save together thats coming along nicely : http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7937/nottinghamforestfixture.png.

Might have a couple of records from this game : http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9421/westhamvnottmforestspli.png

Qualified top of my group in UEFA Cup last night and you're also looking at the new England manager. I feel like I've cheated by setting my previous experience as International Footballer & I wouldn't have got that job otherwise. :/

I'm getting really annoyed with the likes of Dalgleish, Ferguson & Co. saying what a great manager I am after giving my side a 4 or 5-0 tanning. Also, Mick McCarthy trying to befriend me, **** off Mick, you're the dullest ***** in football!

Nice work Mayzie. I didn't manage to get through my group, had a tough group and didn't take advantage of the 2 easy games, only got 4 points there. 6 would've put me through :/

Also just got beaten in the league cup final. Chelsea 2-0 winners. Bad backpass and a decent strike sunk me, i also had 1 disallowed. On the upside i'm 9 points off the league summit with a game in hand, 12 games remaining for me.

I don't think Europa Cup is worth the effort tbh, I know I wont win it. It's nice to get extra games in the season so I can give games to my younger players though.

You did better than me in the League Cup anyway, I lost 3-2 to Swansea in one of the earlier rounds then played Swansea a few days later in the league and beat them 3-0. I made a couple of changes in the cup, putting some youngsters in but the core of my side was the same so God knows how that happened.

I got knocked out by Kopenhagen in the round after qualifying last night anyway but am in the semi's of the FA Cup & eighth in the league, one point behind 7th so hopefully I can find my way into Europe again. Only about ten games of the season left now I think, I'll try and get them done tonight and then spend a day scouting like crazy again. I didn't do that this pre-season, I mainly signed players from my previous shortlist so probably missed out on a couple of great regens.

I asked the board to improve the training facilities after still having £8.5m in my transfer kitty and January passing by with me not bothering to sign anyone, they reckon it's going to cost £5.5m, started 1st Feb and wont finish until October! I hope it's increasing by more than just a point. :D

Yeah it's getting to the point with me now where I can't upgrade anything at the moment. My rep is currently 3 star and i've got...

Top Training Facilities

Good Youth facilities

Average Junior coaching

Above average youth recruitment

Really want to get that up as high as I can as quickly as I can. I sold a newgen in Fm10 that came through my youth for £50m (After he got restless and wanted to leave - he never refound his form)

I think Forest's reputation hit 3 stars when I won the Championship, I don't remember seeing that increase since despite getting in Europe, looks like I really am going to have to hold out hope for that FA Cup win. I've got Man Utd in the semi's though, so we'll have to see whether playing Contain & counter attacking football for 90 minutes does the trick lol

Archived