FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

DR Poods - welcome to the challenge and good luck with Dunkerque

Marty78 - great first season in Ligue 2. Good luck next season – hopefully you can make the jump next season.

PRDH - Medeiros looks a highly promising player. Look forward to seeing how he goes. Definitely the star of that lot.

Andy Sava - sounds like a tough start. It is quite a step up. Hopefully you will settle down and find your feet. I think the financial risk is worth it as there is a lot of money in the Bundesliga.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that the bad times are gone. We managed to grab wins against our relegation rivals and we even won 3-0 home with Wolfsburg who are currently in 4th place. The new signings made a quick impact and helped us.

aldo - Rodolfo Marques? He's getting on alright. I wonder whether the potential star ratings are going up because my team is getting worse. I don't think a lot of the the best from before were four stars. It's a comparative thing right?

rlips - Couldn't not be really could he! The rest are dross!

As far as I'm aware it's in terms of the standard of your team PRDH, I've got to say I don't like it. I know the programmers need some way to rank players in terms of potential so you get an idea of who to keep in youth teams etc, but it definitely can cloud your judgement and lead to ignoring actual attributes and chasing star ratings.

Just heading to bed, but thought I'd post this guy's screenshots, classic name! I bet the Arsenal fans would love to actually a player with a name like that, there must be a song in there somewhere!

aldojags & PRDH

A players potential star rating can improve simply by time spent at the club. The longer a player is at a club the more accurate a players report becomes. This is most evident at the start of a save when coaches have a low "club players knowledge" rating. By the same token appointing a new assistant in a save may alter star ratings slightly. Improvement in PA stars does not mean the squad is declining and can be brought about by tutoring, new staff or even just time. As CA improves and the gap between CA and PA decreases, the PA* rating should become more reliable.

I agree with the fact that these ratings can cloud judgement and in several threads, some, myself included, think the game would be better served by removing this PA estimation completely. This is because, in my opinion, potential is better estimated by looking at CA star rating, age, performances (match ratings) and personality. I think the potential description should stay though as a rough idea of potential level.

marty - Yup, I see that. But star ratings aren't steady. I mean when I was in the Portuguese Second Division I had a left winger who was rated at 4.5 stars with 5 potential. That must be in relation to the rest of the squad as there is no way he was a better player than, for example, Cardoso.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2017/2018

Table | Squad | Transfers | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Manager Profile

Season Overview

League Finish - 14th

Media Prediction - 17th

Average Attendance - 10625

Fans Player of the Year - Luis Bárros

Transfers

Luis Bárros (Position - AM RL/ST, Games Played - 22, Goals - 8, Assists -4, MoM - 2, Average Rating - 7.01) - Good first season but he is young and still has alot to learn.

David Freitas (Position - MC, Games Played - 25, Goals - 1, Assists - 1, Average Rating - 6.67) - I was expecting more from him and i hope he will get better.

Gonçalo Silva (Position - DC, Games Played - 27, Goals - 5, Assists - 1, MoM - 1, Average Rating - 6.99) - Good first season for the young defender.

José Ferreira (Position - DM/D/M C, Games Played - 22, MoM - 1, Average Rating - 6.78) - He got a serious injury during the start of the season which kept him away for a few months. He did well overall.

Francesco Melchiorre (Position - WB/D R, Games Played - 10, MoM - 1, Average Rating - 6.68) - Brought to strengthen our right side in the defense he didn't impress and i only used him in 10 games.

Antonio Cellamaro (Position - ST, Games Played - 19, Goals - 11, Assists - 3, MoM - 4, Average Rating - 7.17) - The young italian was one of the players i transfered during the winter to help us in our relegation battle. At first when he was offered to me i wasn't sure if i want him but now i don't regret taking him in.

Paulinho (Position - AM RL/ST, Games Played - 18, Goals - 3, Assists - 3, MoM - 1, Average Rating - 6.80) - Also brought in during the winter he did well for us and he will most likely be one of our key players next season.

Madson (Position - GK, Games Played - 9, Average Rating - 7.00) - Young brazilian goalkeeper who is currently labelled the next Dida.

Bundesliga

Graph

The step up from Second Division to Bundesliga was sooooo big. We started of well but after a few games we started losing and it seemed like we won't stop losing. 11 games lost in a row doesn't sound good when you want to stay up. Mid season i brought 3 new players in (Paulinho, Cellamaro and Madson) which helped us getting some wins against our relegation rivals and gave some insurance that we will still be playing in Bundesliga next season. During the second part of the season came a very bad defeat away at Dortmund which was followed by 4 more defeats and we were again close to going down. We managed to get a win away at Koln which made it sure we will not drop.

German Cup

First Round - (vs. Ulm) Easy first round and we won it 2-0.

Second Round - (vs. Wolfsburg) We had a chance when we were down 1-0 but the referee decided to disallow a goal for us and after that Wolfsburg scored another to take it home 2-0.

Key Players

Thorben Stadler (Position - DL, Games Played - 23, Assists - 8, Average Rating - 7.00) - Another solid season for Stadler as always even if in the start he was not my first pick.

Robert McKeown (Position - Gk, Games Played - 28, MoM - 2, Average Rating - 6.90) - Good season and he had some exceptional games during the second part of it.

Carlos Cáceres (Position - DM/M C, Games Played - 35, Goals - 3, Assists - 3, Average Rating - 6.80) - Solid season for Caceres considering he only missed one game and i'm hoping he will get even better.

Next season

We managed to stay up, now we have to build on this and start climbing the rankings. I may lose my captain, Tim Hofmann, because he doesn't want to extend his contract.

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation

marty - Yup, I see that. But star ratings aren't steady. I mean when I was in the Portuguese Second Division I had a left winger who was rated at 4.5 stars with 5 potential. That must be in relation to the rest of the squad as there is no way he was a better player than, for example, Cardoso.

Yes they are in comparison with your squad and the general league standard as well I believe. I just meant that the other factors I mentioned also offer variation even when you make no squad changes.

PA of younger players will be vs CA of the best squad players but it is only a scouts/coaches perception of PA and not an accurate representation of just the PA hidden number. This is where inaccuracies come from. The youngster whose star rating increased probably only increased because the staff learnt more about him and/or he was tutored or played well to increase his CA quickly.

Also this can happen at the start of a new season. It could be that over the off season the top club players have dropped CA slightly so when a youngster is compared to them, their PA can look slightly higher. Once players are back training and become match fit and in good condition they will train well and recover their CA and it should even back out.

Basically what I'm saying is I wouldn't worry about your senior players getting worse unless you see regular decline in attributes which is best determined by looking at their training graphs. This is also the best way to judge a young players improvement and whether or not they might reach their potential imo.

marty - Agreed. I was commenting on the squad getting worse not because I thought specific players were getting worse but because of the process of selling players who were not produced by my youth academy as I progress towards the aim of being totally home-produced. I thought the absence of the world class players may be having the effect of pushing up how highly my new players were regarded. So a player coming through now, regarded as having 4-star potential, may actually be of exactly the same calibre as a player with 3.5 from my squad's peak.

The other factors you mention are of course part of it too.

Andy Sava - You done very well to get out of that losing run, looks horrible.

PRDH - Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, selling world class players would be highly likely to improve the PA stars for youths unless they are replaced.

so we've been drawn in the Best Placed 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League against Lokomotiv Moscow...i fear our first experience of european football may start and end with this game, but time will tell...we have been good in pre-season so you never know

MINI-UPDATE. Dunkerque 2nd nearing the halfway mark. Got bundled out of French Cup by a non-league team 3-2, which was most disappointing. Strangely, media had me tabbed as a potential winner...

Scoring around 2 per game, but conceding a little over 1 at the same time.

Really a case of we will score more than you. En Avant Guincamp smashed me 4-0 away, so numbers slightly misleading.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2042/43

Finances | Summary

Slightly incongruously, by stopping spending money on players I have started to leak money almost unstoppably. I really need the stadium to hit that 20-year-old mark soon so I can build a new one because otherwise I'm going to be in the red in the not too distant future. This is one side effect I wasn't expecting if I'm honest. Although I suppose it's also down to lack of progress in the Champions League, and that is definitely my fault!

Transfers | Frees | Loans

Only free transfers and loans out this year, part of the reason I lost so much money with no transfer income to speak of. The loans once again helped Fatima compete in the top half of the Premier League, but they couldn't get Penafiel or Oriental out of the Second League, in fact Oriental went straight back down again. I'm thinking about starting to bring players in on free transfers with the sole intention of selling them on to try to help me break even. I'm not sure how well it'll work, might give it a go next season, see what happens.

Competitions

Domestic | Table | Graph | Supertaça | Taça de Portugal | League Cup

Same as ever. Fairly comfortable league victory, dominate display in the curtain raiser and then slightly disappointing results by the youths/reserves in the domestic cups.

European | Group Table | First Round 1st/2nd Leg

Once again an almost carbon copy of last time out. We were very good in the Group Stage before falling at the first knockout hurdle. This time round to Juventus who thumped us Turin before we came back to Angra and couldn't turn it round enough.

The Team | Overview

'Keepers

Ricardo Dias - 45 apps, 40 conc, 24 cln - The 27-year-old continues to be undisputed first choice and doesn't look like being replaced any time soon. He has no viable competition at the club. Fortunately, as he's a goalkeeper he could potentially play in the first team for a decade, which, if I get that far, should be enough time for the academy to produce another decent one!

Gonçalo Santos - 0(1) app - Won't waste your time with much on this guy, I gave him his league debut in the second half of the final game when the title was already sewn up. He's signed a new 5 year deal to avoid the Nelson Martins situation (who has now retired after not finding a club). He's not a viable alternative.

Defenders

Rui Fernandes - 0(1) app - Single appearance in the cup from the bench, he has long been passed over as next right back. I think next season may seem him out on loan.

Shéu Sousa - 17(11) apps, 3 asts - The 18-year-old has been made the captain of Portugal's U21 side, which is a pretty good advert. He has started to get more game time as the battle between him and Duarte continues to intensify. I think Sousa has slightly more potential, but it'll be interesting to see who has more appearances by the time their careers end. Progressing nicely.

Duarte - 28(3) apps, 5 asts - One year older than Sousa and one year further in his progression. He doesn't have the raw pace of the younger man, but is a very decent defender. Still just about first choice although soon I think it'll definitely be a case of rotation.

Ricardo Aleixo - 38 apps, 1 gl, 1 ast, 2 MoMs - Very good season from the rapidly maturing left back. At just 20 he has already made 84 league appearances for the club and become undisputed first choice. Although there could be pressure on that place eventually.

António Reis - 6 apps, 1 ast - The man who might eventually provide that competition. He is by no means ready for regular football yet but is progressing nicely in training and starting to get more time on the pitch can only be a good thing. One to develop.

João Paulo - 25 apps, 2 gls, 2 asts, 2 MoMs - Injuries restricted his game time this season but when fit he was by far the best central defender in the squad and most likely all of Portugal too. Not a lot to add really, still a great player.

Paulo Silva - 1 app - A player who has been lurking around the reserve side/out on loan for the last few years, he was drafted into the first team squad as cover during injury crises. He got onto the pitch once and didn't embarrass himself. Only going to be back up I'm afraid and has been making a lot of noises about wanting first team football. Probably out on loan next year.

Luis Miguel - 21(6) apps, 2 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - The man to benefit from Paulo's injury issues this season as he got plenty of time on the pitch. He didn't let us down and solidified his role as current number three centre back. I don't see him necessarily replaced Lopes as he ages, more Paulo eventually as he doesn't have much ball skill.

Saad Falah - 3(4) apps - Continues his role as back up/cup squad player and he seems relatively happy with that at the moment. May change at some point, but for now he's decent back up to back ups.

Rui Lopes - 29 apps - Rui made his 200th league appearance for the club this season and it's an illustration of the great service he's given. No doubt, if I'd started this project sooner he'd have far more games under his belt than that as he hits 30. The good news is he's looking likely to become a coach so that's another back room staff member sorted for the future.

Flávio Carvalho - 11(8) apps, 1 ast - This is the guy I am predicting will take over from Lopes when he gets too old. He has the ball-playing abilities in common as well as decent defensive stats. He isn't ready yet, but hopefully continued training, tutoring and game time will get him there in the next few years. One of the extraordinary number of my players who'll be at the Euro U21s with Portugal, I believe it's 10 in total.

Omar Omar - 1 app - The last surviving non-homegrown defender and he's off to Italy this summer. Didn't really play, so won't be missed, he would've been a great player for us if I hadn't gone down the route I chose.

Midfielders

Paul Bossman - 20(9) apps, 1 gl, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Continues to improve and continues to get more time playing. He is progressing very nicely, I hope he gets recognised by the Portuguese national side soon because otherwise I can see him picking Ghana in the not too distant future. Depending on how Lopes holds up to the ageing process he may have a season in defence sooner or later.

Miguel Teixeira - 25(3) apps, 2 gls, 2 asts - Another to pass 200 league appearances this season and the 27-year-old looks set to add considerably to that tally. He has turned into an all round midfielder that I have to admit to not expecting. He can pick a pass, score the odd goal and help out the defence brilliantly. A real asset to the team.

Luís Pereira - 14(10) apps, 2 asts - The first really viable candidate to takeover as our left winger. He's only 16, and he needs to get some real game time under his belt but his improvement over the first year, while also learning to play on the left as well as the right has been phenomenal. He could be the future of the role for a long time. Mentally he obviously needs work, but the should come through experience and some good tutors.

Moussa Sidibé - 2(1) apps, 1 gl, 1 MoM - With the emergence of the new right winger in the new youth crop it is time for Moussa to sink or swim. He's no longer the up and coming talent, nor has he shown any signs of establishing himself. It may be time for him to go out on loan and get some proper experience of first team football.

Atanas Radkov - 3(1) apps, 1 gl, 2 asts - Has decided he wants to play for Portugal rather than Bulgaria but he isn't getting the game time he needs with me to improve, I may let him out on loan, or look to sell over the summer as he's another non-homegrown guy I could just about afford to get rid of now.

Paulo Jorge Vieira - 30(8) apps, 4 gls, 15 asts, 2 MoMs - Paulo was back to his imperious best this season and it was great to see. It was a season of milestones for him as well. Not only did he make his 300th league appearance this time out, he also got his 50th league goal. Again, at 28 he could be looking at getting to some impress appearance statistics when he eventually decides to call it a day.

Luís Santos - 15(10) apps, 4 gls, 5 asts - Still nipping at his heals though is young Luís. He must be slightly frustrated, although I do a good job of rotating them, but his time will come. He's only 22 and has a great future ahead of him. Nice to have him as a replacement for Vieira if he's not doing well. Great bench option and injury cover.

Álvaro Pinto - 24(1) apps, 3 gls, 3 asts, 1 MoM - Another of the ageing players in the squad. His loyalty was rewarded this season with a good run of games during times of injury worry. He wants to become a manager when he retires, hopefully I can keep him as a coach for a time before someone swoops for him.

Sérgio Rodrigues - 16(1) apps, 11 gls, 5 asts, 3 MoMs - An astonishing, but injury hit, season for the winger. He was back to his best in front of goal but also saw a return of the niggling injuries that plagued his early career. At 24 though he already has 50 international caps and more than 150 league appearances for us. He's going to be an all time great, and if he can keep fit he has a terrifying season in him at some stage.

Lasse Tuominen - 31 apps, 12 gls, 13 asts, 3 MoMs - Not homegrown, but someone I'm not looking to replace necessarily. I'm not sure whether it's because I signed him as a 15-year-old or because it cost only £500 but I don't see him as an import. One of the greats and continues to be a real menace on the left. Top player.

Forwards

Nuno Rosa - 2(14) apps, 1 gl, 1 ast - Yet to set the world alight, but has done well while learning from Cardoso and his stats have shown a welcome leap forward. He is now competing with Marques for a place on the bench/rotation time and that could be tricky to handle, but he is still a decent prospect, particularly if he can grow more prolific.

Pedro Cardoso - 35(1) apps, 33 gls, 13 asts, 12 MoMs - The man, the legend. I'd been beginning to worry his star was on the wane but he proved me wrong in fantastic style this season by really returning to his best. He scored at more than a goal a game in the league while also laying on a hat load for his teammates. Great to see him back, and at 29 hopefully this shows his intention to keep playing at the highest level into his 30s. Passed 300 league games and 250 league goals this season. His productivity and loyalty continue to amaze me.

Abakar Tigabe - 40(1) apps, 24 gls, 11 asts, 6 MoMs - His best season yet as he really arrived as a top flight striker breaking the 20 goals in a season for the first time. He was also good enough to lay on goals for those around him as he looked a quality player alongside Cardoso. He faces pressure for this role though as the youngsters press for inclusion.

Rodolfo Marques - 11(23) apps, 7 gls, 3 asts, 2 MoMs - A similar first season to Cardoso's back in the dim and distant past. Not consistent but real touches of class occasionally. I continue to be excited about his potential and see him as an excellent partner for Cardoso if/when his pace goes. The plan at the moment for that eventuality is to shift Cardoso deeper and put Marques up top. Hopefully it will work and there might be some experimentations in that direction next season.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7202432&viewfull=1#post7202432"]2012/13[/url]		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7220339&viewfull=1#post7220339"]2013/14[/url]		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7239921&viewfull=1#post7239921"]2014/15[/url]		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7249179&viewfull=1#post7249179"]2015/16[/url]		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7271085&viewfull=1#post7271085"]2016/17[/url]		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7285735&viewfull=1#post7285735"]2017/18[/url]		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7337490&viewfull=1#post7337490"]2018/19[/url]		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7357975&viewfull=1#post7357975"]2019/20[/url]		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7384317&viewfull=1#post7384317"]2020/21[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7414146&viewfull=1#post7414146"]2021/22[/url]		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7430561&viewfull=1#post7430561"]2022/23[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467274&viewfull=1#post7467274"]2023/24[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7480108&viewfull=1#post7480108"]2024/25[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7531647&viewfull=1#post7531647"]2025/26[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7544658&viewfull=1#post7544658"]2026/27[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7553099&viewfull=1#post7553099"]2027/28[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7614242&viewfull=1#post7614242"]2028/29[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7628197&viewfull=1#post7628197"]2029/30[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7639411&viewfull=1#post7639411"]2030/31[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7652794&viewfull=1#post7652794"]2031/32[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7665898&viewfull=1#post7665898"]2032/33[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters and domestic quadruple
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7703596&viewfull=1#post7703596"]2033/34[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7719374&viewfull=1#post7719374"]3034/35[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7732208&viewfull=1#post7732208"]2035/36[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7743979&viewfull=1#post7743979"]2036/37[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7754129&viewfull=1#post7754129"]2037/38[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions' League winners
------------------------------------------------Challenge Completed----------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7839380&viewfull=1#post7839380"]2038/39[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7848401&viewfull=1#post7848401"]2039/40[/url]		Premier League 		1st			CL 1st Rd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7866956&viewfull=1#post7866956"]2040/41[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL Semis
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7894569&viewfull=1#post7894569"]2041/42[/url]	        Premier League		1st			CL 1st Rd
2042/43         Premier League           1st                    CL 1st Rd

Dr Poods - the team meeting issue is something that is a regular occurence on this forum, quite a few people, myself included, have found it a worthless addition to the game, I havent used it in about 8-9 seasons. Well done on hammering Rouen, they are now a Ligue 2 team in my save, who have won the French Cup last season, and the Coupe de la Ligue this season in my game! In Europe 2 seasons in a row for a Ligue 2 team, not bad! Don't worry about the cup defeats, it's all about climbing the leagues, my first few seasons I was knocked out by dross too, even now, apart from getting to French Cup final my first season in Ligue 1 (got hammered 5-2 from Lorient after being 2-0 up after 9 minutes!) I get knocked out at the first chance quite a lot! I just play the fringe/youths.

Andy Sava - well done on survival, that's all it's about first season in any new league. The strangest thing about your save is the fact Leverkusen won the league last year, and finished 7th this season! Bit of a come down! Did they sell quite a lot of players?

PRDH why do you think a new stadium will improve it? Is it upkeep costs or somethin? or higher crowds you mean? She Sousa is excellent! if I ever complete this challenge, which is a big if, I'm goin to do what you are doing, some of those players have improved so much, must be so satisfying. Are you resigned to never winning Champ League again? Be hard to win it with entirely homegrown squad. what about the league,do you ever see the day that slips away?

aldojags - Didn't quite pay attention to their transfer market activity as i was focusing on us :D It was a bit of a let down from them tbh considering that they won the title last year and we managed to beat them 3-1 this season :)

PRDH why do you think a new stadium will improve it? Is it upkeep costs or somethin? or higher crowds you mean? She Sousa is excellent! if I ever complete this challenge, which is a big if, I'm goin to do what you are doing, some of those players have improved so much, must be so satisfying. Are you resigned to never winning Champ League again? Be hard to win it with entirely homegrown squad. what about the league,do you ever see the day that slips away?

Yeah, I was thinking higher crowds. I average about 95% capacity over the course of the season, so I think I could get more and that extra income would be very helpful.

I still think I could win the Champions League. I don't feel outclassed most of the time, the team just keep putting in a really shoddy performance. It'll take a huge effort though. Fingers crossed. Cardoso still hasn't got the medal for a win yet either as he was suspended for the final we did win.

As for the domestic league, it really depends what happens when players start retiring. I think I should have it sewn up for a few more years, but when Dias and some of the defenders start ageing it could change.

DR POODS - USL DUNKERQUE SEASON REPORT 2012-13

End of Season Report

THE SQUAD

The Squad

The Squad (2)

THE RESULTS

Hmmm, the season as a whole was very successful. Originally predicted to come 18th by the media, Dunkerque came out of the blocks with a long unbeaten streak. Foolishly, I decided to hold a team meeting to try and motivate the squad to start winning again after a few really average performances. The result of my master man-management skills? Have a look at February and March's results for your answer. Went winless for those two months and that is probably what did me over in the end. Still, have got some better CB's coming in and looking at beefing up my full back crew as well during the close season.

4th

Results to Winter Break

Results to End of Season

League Position Chart

If we look at the results up to the winter break, we can see the humiliating loss in the French Cup. I really don't want to talk about it. Should have flogged them

Transfers. 19 IN and 11 OUT

Clearly my "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" method bore fruit in Tomas and Toure (see Player Awards)

THE DR POODS' PLAYER AWARDS

These are my personal favourites from the season. At present, since I haven't hit the reset date I don't know who the fans picked as player of the year yet. I will update that when I have it.

LeClerc

Player of the year for mine. Dropped off a bit after the winter break, but was the midfield dynamo holding everything together for the most part.

Toure

Sorry I struggle with accents on letters Monsieur, was a real threat on the right. Started a bit slowly, but was truly worth his wages and finished strongly.

Balagou

Great up forward. Had some international action and brought class to the pointy end for Dunkerque this season. 14 goals is a good return and being only in his mid-20's can hopefully propel us up the league.

Tomas

Was ever present at LB this season. Probably the only position in the back that isn't screaming for an upgrade.

THE FINANCES

The Slowly Collapsing Finances

Lost almost half a million this season. Promotion really becomes an imperative as spending just over 10k a week in wages is not massive, but with low attendances becomes unsustainable in the long run...Squad pruning must begin!

Average attendance is a problem, its only about 1,000 at the moment, and then (due to league requirements) the board had to extend the stadium...

Anyways, a tough end to the year in just missing out on promotion, but onwards and upwards!

ALLEZ DUNKERQUE!

(let me know if I have left anything out. First end of season report ever so could use the feedback)

PRDH - Could your financial state be down to improving youth/training facilities and junior coaching/youth network? I noticed in my youth challenge save that once increased to a high level these facilities generated huge maintenance cost. If you win the Champions League with an all HG squad you will be an FM legend.

Dr Poods- That's a terrific first season and you are unlucky to not go up. I'm sure improving your back four will do the trick for next year.

marty - I reckon that's part of the problem certainly. Coupled with high wage costs, low gate receipts and general money problems in Portugal with low prize and TV omen available. If I'm honest it shouldn't really be a surprise as I was making money in the good years only through a fairly steady turnover of players.

Fingers crossed. The stumbling block at the moment is Tuominen on the left winger. He's not strictly HG, but has been here since he was 15 so feels like it, eventually he'll have to go for full credibility.

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2015/16

LIGUE 2

After telling the board I would get promotion the pressure was on and it showed as we lost leads a number of times in the first half of the season meaning we drew more games than I would like. After adding a couple of players in January we finally started to get up a head of steam and in all honesty should of won the league. We let ourselves down with three defeats in the last 4 games to hand the title to Dijon (one of the sides to beat us). Clearly the biggest issue is the defense which will need some serious improvement for next year if we are to stay up.

The cups did not go well this year and we were sent packing from both pretty early on.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

TRANSFERS

I did not do very well in the summer and perhaps got a little complacent with some of my signings, thinking I could win the league without adding experience in certain areas. I needed new full backs and brought in youngsters with potential when I should of bought some established players in. I did pay money for a CB with great jumping though as I felt aerially we were vulnerable. I'm glad I did as without him I doubt we would of been promoted but I should have given him a bit more help. The positive is a profit made overall on transfers but most has gone as the wage budget has gone up.

Adriano Di Lorenzo - Not really ready for first team action but has some potential and at the very least should offer some re-sale value.

Didier Hayesso - Young keeper who I had tutored upon arrival and he overtook his tutor to become number one for the second half of the season.

Georges Bayiha - Young RB who just started to play a part toward the seasons end.

Jovan Vidovic - Actually spent a fee on this guy but he is a rock from aerial balls, somewhere I felt we were particularly lacked. Am I hoping to improve both CB positions in the summer so a back up role from now seems likely.

Tommy Oar - Signed as a back up LM but suffered a 3 month injury lay off amd never really got going.

Walid Khaled - Young LB who was thrust straight into the first team but has done okay. Will be looking to add a player in this position with a bit more experience.

Willie Schulitz - A young back up RM who is growing into the team. Signed to replace Beck, who the chairman sold in the summer.

Did also sign a couple of others but just for one season as back ups and tutoring. It was clear that, because of injuries we needed a striker in January and two that I had looked at in the summer, but wouldn't join, were still available for free so I brought them both in.

Ibrahima - My first choice in the summer but after initially rejecting a contract offer wouldn't talk to me again. I tried again in January and he was far more open to a move. Since his arrival he has played most games with a few goals and assists and is rated as my best striker by the coaches.

Dominic Adeyiah - Struggled to get a game but there is room in next seasons squad and provides experienced cover up front.

SQUAD

Well the squad did well overall I suppose and if I had been a bit more careful in the transfer market perhaps would of won the league. There will be more building for Ligue 1 next season, particularly the defensive players. Last years top scorer Guy Guadabouyou was crocked in the first few weeks of the season and is no longer of adequate standard after missing about six months. Luckily Mads Neilsen stepped into the hole he left and had an impact straight away and finished top scorer as well as assisting his fair share. Key players:

Mads Neilsen - Player of the season without a doubt and causes defenses all sorts of problems. Particularly like his habit of creating something out of nothing.

Davide Pertucci - Best passer of the ball and usually at the center of our possession. Was forced to play a number of games at LM because of injuries.

Denny Helmund - Young German struggled with form and I really should have strengthened in his position to take the pressure. He is still only 21 with potential so I will continue to try and develop him.

Gerhard Kern - One of our better players and boy did we miss him when he was out for four months with a broken foot. Has played well since returning and am still confident it hasn't halted his progression too much.

UNDER 19's

A few players are improving better than I thought but this years youth intake was just awful and I only signed Guillaume Simon and he can consider himself very lucky. Rayan Tran though is still the best prospect.

FINANCES

The board put in an £8m investment but spent most of it on a stadium expansion which is strange as we have only been filling about 40% of seats this season. Maybe they are expecting vastly increased attendances in Ligue 1 but I really can't see that much of a jump in numbers. I would much rather gave me the money to increase training facilities which have been downgraded.

Dr Poods - Thanks. Great first season by the way, really unlucky, but a great platform to challenge again next season. It's not that noble, I didn't start it until I'd finished the challenge, although I was well on my way by that stage. The number of players in the teams varies, as a snapshot, right now I've got eight players in the full squad, 10 in the U21s and a mere 4 in the U19s. That's pretty low by my normal standards. The players are doing all right, but the national team is pretty poor if I'm honest. They've still never won anything, or even got to a final since '04.

marty - Excellent season there too. The expansion might have been necessary to reach league standards or similar. I like Rayan Tran, he looks like he could turn into a decent player.

Perhaps, but it would give a good platform to cash in on some as others come through? And cheers, changed the formation a little and Dunkerque are 4 points off 3rd after 13 games. My new formation hasn't fully gelled yet. Had four 2-2 draws in a row at one point. But positive performance so far.

The worry? The first season in game (CFA) averaged 1,179 fans. My first year 1,055. This year? 755...

Hmm... Just been offered the Finland job. I admired their ambition in approaching me, so I've taken them up on the offer. Gives me a chance to manage Tuominen a international level too. Looking at their previous matches they've been playing him, their best player by far, massively out of position. That's going to change as I bring my Azorean brand of football to Scandinavia.

6th march 2019. Holstein Kiel have gone above all expectation and are playing in the German Cup semi-finals at home against FC Bayern. Everyone is expecting Bayern to hammer Kiel. The game starts. 5 minutes in Cellamaro takes the ball and makes a run for it but he is closed out and has to pass to Zeybek inside the penalty box who shoots and it's a goaaaaaaalllll!!! Kiel keeps putting pressure on Bayern over the next minutes. After 15 minutes of play the same Cellamaro runs with the ball on the right side crosses and goaaaallllllllllllll Caceres!!!2-0 for Kiel and things were looking superb for this underdogs. Minute 41 of the game Bayern has a well executed corner managing to score with a header. The break comes and it's 2-1 for Kiel.

After the break comes another corner for Bayern in minute 51 and after some chaos in the box they manage to score and get level. Both teams continued to have a few goal chances but none managed to score and the game goes to extra-time. After a beautifull shot by Dzoni FC Bayern takes the lead and it all seemed over but 2 minutes later the young brazilian star Paulinho decided things are over when he says and scored taking the game to penalties.

The penalties came and it was time for the young brazilian keeper Madson to shine for Kiel saving the first 2. It was 3-1 for Kiel after the first 3 rounds and the next Bayern player had to score in order to keep his team in the fight for the final. Salomon Rondon, an international veteran for Venezuela with 88 caps and 80 goals, sets his ball goes for it and the shot goes over the bar!!!! It's over, Holstein Kiel are in the German Cup Final!!! They fought superbly 120 minutes and they got rewarded for it!

EDIT: The victory came at great cost as Cellamaro got injured and is now going to be out for 4 months :(

Andy Sava - superb on getting to the final, who you playing? Your save is just as weird as mines, Belgium won World Cup in 2018, then Euro 2020 in my save! LLR - if you think England in 5th is strange...they are current world number 1 in my save!

Good luck with Finland PRDH, how did your spell at Portugal end I don't remember when you left them?

Marty - well done on Promotion, Nielsen had a great season with goals and assists. Good luck in Ligue 1.

Dr Poods - well done on a great first season, I know it's frustrating to narrowly miss out on promotion but I think of first season as a write-off, just a learning curve.

Andy Sava - superb on getting to the final, who you playing? Your save is just as weird as mines, Belgium won World Cup in 2018, then Euro 2020 in my save! LLR - if you think England in 5th is strange...they are current world number 1 in my save!

Good luck with Finland PRDH, how did your spell at Portugal end I don't remember when you left them?

Marty - well done on Promotion, Nielsen had a great season with goals and assists. Good luck in Ligue 1.

Dr Poods - well done on a great first season, I know it's frustrating to narrowly miss out on promotion but I think of first season as a write-off, just a learning curve.

True. I'm having a good second year so far. Sitting just outside promotion places after a tweak to the playing style. Gone a bit more direct and the defenders sit deeper. My worries is the attendances are plummeting as per my earlier post.

aldojags - I am playing Stuttgart in the final, hopefully we can win it but even if we don't we will be playing in EURO Cup as we finished 4th in a thrilling end of season. More on this season later during this week-end in my report. Don't know when exactly because i am working.

That is stunning Marty, what is your recruitment/coaching like?

Dr Poods, I feel your pain re the attendances, I'm currently 3 in a row for Ligue 1 titles, and have only just breached the 10,000 for average attendance, it's so slow! Literally about 500 fans a year increase. There are a few teams dotted around the National with more season ticket holders than me! I wouldn't worry about it too much though, your still early in challenge, and when you go to Ligue 1 it's £10m-£11m a year in tv money, and the prize money is not too shabby either, so you'll be able to keep your head above water until the crowds pick up.

Junior coaching is excellent and Youth network is average. I'll post up screenies for the lads at the end of the season but needless to say a couple at least will need some good tutoring to get anywhere.

Well Viry-Chatillon, at last...after years of falling at the Group Stages...qualified for the knockout round of Champions League.

My group was Man United, Sporting Lisbon (who knocked me out in the semi's of Europa last season) and Metalist Kharkiv.

The 4th seeded team usually get's scudded off everyone, and this time was no different as Kharkiv finished the Group on 0 points and -18 goal difference. I beat them 3-0 and 4-0. Sporting Lisbon, I got revenge for last seasons Europa defeat with a 4-1 win at home, lost 2-1 over there.

Man United, who were in my group last year, were the top seeds. I won 1 lost 1 last season against them, and fancied my chances. Got a 1-1 draw over there, and then had to beat them on the final day of the group to guarentee qualification. Well probably the most impressive performance in my tenure as we destroyed them 4-0, to finish top of the group with 13 points. Edit: this result ensured Lisbon finished 2nd, knocking Man United out.

Got Inter away first in the knockout stages, and after the Man U game, I think I can beat anyone....will keep you updated....

Yeah I was fearing the worst marty, I've been unlucky, past 2 season in particular, going out with 10 points both times, which is usually enough. Was going in against United, knowing if they beat me they'd overtake me, and knowing Lisbon would beat Kharkiv, I was thinking I was going out with 10 again. But it was truly a demolition job! See how I go, but I do think, barring an injury crisis, I'll beat Inter.

I made the fatal error of thinking being labelled "the next...." meant they were destined for greatness, and in FM11 I wasted millions over a period of 2 or 3 summers signing the next di stefano and the next this and the next that, it turns out it doesn't really mean much as most of them turned out average at best! Most youth players in my Viry-Chatillon under 19s have "the next..." but I don't pay much attention to it. Unless of course it was the next Cardoso!

I made the fatal error of thinking being labelled "the next...." meant they were destined for greatness, and in FM11 I wasted millions over a period of 2 or 3 summers signing the next di stefano and the next this and the next that, it turns out it doesn't really mean much as most of them turned out average at best! Most youth players in my Viry-Chatillon under 19s have "the next..." but I don't pay much attention to it. Unless of course it was the next Cardoso!

Yeah, I don't as a rule pay much attention to them. I like to note it occasionally. I wouldn't be that taken by 'the next Cardoso', I've got a striker in my U19s who's supposed to be a similar player. Similar maybe but much, much worse!

Edit - Oh and it didn't go well with Finland. I lost my first two games 3-0 meaning the team's fate in the qualifiers was sealed and I stepped down. Turns out I'm quite flaky when it comes to international management.

Archived