FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

Aye am having to heavily invest in youth, with a 3 year plan and train them up , then sell on my best players and bring them into replace them!

Oh yeah, that's one thing I will say, the regen youth am getting seems to be pretty good this version. I managed to snap up a young right back regen Adam King and he's been first choice rb since I signed him at 18. My striker Leighton is coming along nicely and he was a first season youth intake player, would probably be first team now but I only play 1 up top and Sanogo is obviously pretty much undroppable for me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanogo im having a rather spectacular fall out with! Cost me a goal against caley due to being lazy and not winning a ball when no one was around him! And then when through on goal he hits it straight at the keeper or misses :(, hasnt scored since his first couple of games i think

A1) Celtic in the UKPL (no finical changes)*

2) Celtic in the UKPL (small finical changes)*

3) Celtic in the UKPL (giant cash injection)*

4) Celtic in the UKPL ( 200000 seater stadium and million in the bank)*

edited SPL

1) SPL SOOPER (SPL with EPL cash rewards)*

2) SPL SOOPER 1&2 (new league and cup setup, 2 divisions of 20 and 22)*

3) SPL SOOPER 1&2 (all teams get £20m to spend, TV+=£10m a year per club, £10m to league winner)*

4) SPL SOOPER 1&2Celtic (same as above only Celtic get extra cash)*

It's a complete joke, I've just been offered a right back and a midfielder at 7million each, I've still yet to receive a transfer budget over £1 million (going into my 6th season) and we're £5.3 million in the red on the 24th of June despite having done the league and Scottish cup double (and winning 4 SPL titles out of 5), getting to the league cup final, getting to the first knockout round of the Europa league and having a >70,000 seater stadium which was pretty much full every home game last season.

If it wasn't for some amazing free transfers I think I'd be struggling to stay top 6 in the league every year and it just seems to get worse the further into a save you get, we're bleeding money all over the place and I'm constantly battling to keep my players and staff due to not being able to offer them decent contract renewals.

are you saying that it is hard to get a strong economy of the club in FM12? You have low transfer budgets every season at Celtic (less than 1M)?

Keep a close eye on Yaya Sanogo at Auxerre they seem to let his contract run down more often than not and he'll come to Celtic for around 20-25k a week wages.

Would also recommend getting a keeper in asap as I struggled to find one for a while after Forster's loan ended.

regarding Sanogo, how do you play him? i am thinking the target man in "il devasto" FM11 tactic..

Something that puzzles me slightly- people saying that they got less than £1m for their transfer budgets- for Season 2 I got a transfer budget of £10m and a wage budget of £350k per year. I achieved moderate success in the Europa and won the domestic treble. First season profit was about £7m and I didnt make a great deal of sales.

This screenshot I'm about to post has to be my most satisfying win on this save..............

We're playing Rangers at Celtic Park, after 56 minutes the game is level at 1-1. Skipper Beram Kayal is then sent off for a second bookable offence. Just four minutes later, Mathieu Bodmer is shown a red, again for two bookings. Cue brilliance;

9manwin.png

Iv not posted in years but thought I would give an update on my game.

I somehow managed to win the double in my 1st season after a great run at the end of the season after I switched from 4-4-2 to a 4-3-2-1.

My 2nd season has started very well won 7 and drew 1 of my first 8. Baba is on fire with 20 goals in 12 games.

I will stick some screenshots up at the end of the season and write up my progress.

Something that puzzles me slightly- people saying that they got less than £1m for their transfer budgets- for Season 2 I got a transfer budget of £10m and a wage budget of £350k per year. I achieved moderate success in the Europa and won the domestic treble. First season profit was about £7m and I didnt make a great deal of sales.

I get decent budgets aswell, i dont pay in installments so i get money! However i lose it rather easily!

He handled outside the box on five minutes, surely thats not a straight red?

Why woudn't it be? If it was deliberate and he was the last man, then of course it's a red.

just started my game who did you guys sign first season and who needs replacing ? i think a keeper is my no1 signing as we dont have very good options there

Frazer Forster has been excellent for me. I bought him at the end of the first season - managed to get him for £3milion aswell, not the agreed £4milion. Don't understand people not rating him.

Why woudn't it be? If it was deliberate and he was the last man, then of course it's a red.

Frazer Forster has been excellent for me. I bought him at the end of the first season - managed to get him for £3milion aswell, not the agreed £4milion. Don't understand people not rating him.

I wasnt sure, the match report said it didnt look like a straight red at all!

He was great for me first season also, didnt buy him second season though, i bought consigli for less than your 3 mil, and i bought a young gk wellington, who should be in the brazilian first team, but isnt because of the evergreen gomes! So i cant get a renewed work permit for him :(

David can you fire up a screenie of sanogo in your game?

I'm selling him in mine as he isn't scoring aswell as my other strikers, and he's on a higher wage!

Just about to fire my game back up, was out all yesterday, so just catching up with the thread and my game now.

Screeny of his attributes and history page are on the way.

@Iolodavanki. I play Sanogo as a poacher as McGougan says, only tweak in his instructions is long shots to rarely. He plays in a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards and either an attacking midfielder on attack duty or a trequartista behind him with a deep lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder in the centre.

Just about to fire my game back up, was out all yesterday, so just catching up with the thread and my game now.

Screeny of his attributes and history page are on the way.

@Iolodavanki. I play Sanogo as a poacher as McGougan says, only tweak in his instructions is long shots to rarely. He plays in a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards and either an attacking midfielder on attack duty or a trequartista behind him with a deep lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder in the centre.

No worries mate, i sent him out on loan, then after that fierro got injured for 4 months, so i only have gregoritsch as my only recognisable st lol

He`s much better than mine!

Got to go away to fiorentina and win now, as my damn right winger got sent off early on and cost me the game, ended up drawing 2-2, so they have 2 away goals :(

I think he turned out so good on mine because I already had Trezeguet in my team when I signed him so I got Trezeguet to tutor Sanogo and it worked out really well for me, he's just got better and better and the likes of Man city, Arsenal AC and Inter Milan are all sniffing around him now.

Lucky for me Celtic and me are both favoured by him or he'd almost certainly have had to be sold by now. I haven't had any offers for him yet and I'm dreading it happening as with Lawwell as chairman and my finances a complete mess, I fear the board would accept a bag of smarties and a can of Irn bru over my head for him.:(

I was waiting on jack getting me that screenie, he musteve forgot tho!

No probs.

Sanogo is having quite a good pre-season for me after his big injury at the end if last season. This would surely have been a '10' performance if he hadn't have picked up a yellow.:D

CarrickvCelticStats_PlayerRatings.png

Archived