Robot Wars sign up

Goal Frenzy Quarter Final 4

Pundit

Both of these players have been getting game time so it could be a very close battle. Th winner will be given a bye to the final

Sir Killalot had a very poor month this time round, he was left out of the first game of the month against Leyton Orient, against Carlisle he came on too late too be given a rating and he was left out of the third game of the month against Swindon. After this he picked up an injury which will keep him out for the rest of the month

Score 0

Lucas Volman missed the first half of the month as his league observed a winter break, on his first game back though there was terrible look as he picked up an injury which will keep him out for a further two weeks.

Score 0

Judges

Another dull match but as Lucas Volman started a game we feel he has to progress

Pundit

The draw for the Semi Finals has now been made

1) Chris Owen vs Gon Pereira

2) Lucas Volman progresses

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pundit

Well thats it for the January Show, an impressive performance by Chris Owen there. So far no robots have confirmed there place in the House Robot Rebellion challenge, I would expect that to change in the next few days though as more invites start to be sent out, join us at 9pm on the 6th jan for the February Show

Sloppyderek: Yeah pretty amazing really

5ergio: Yeah you had two bets on chris owen which as they were the first on him are double money bets so that should come off for you, I'm sure you'll be making our breakthrough soon though, either at Palermo or on loan next season maybe. Also with some new events being held next year i will be altering some of the pricing so there may be something on the cheaper end for you

Just to be clear to everyone, if you receive a pm regarding the house robot rebellion it should be posted in here and not responded to via pm

Dami accepts the challenge of Pussycat to a battle in the House Robot Rebellion.

Why do I think I can my robot can defeat Pussycat. We have the advantage since Midfielders usually cover the most ground during a season. The only problem I can see in this robot is the lack of a regular starting place in the team,maybe the manager will start playing him more often.

One more thing Pussycat is probably in dreamland if he thinks he can win this battle, Just ask Joe Tompkins how he felt after battling our robot for the challenge belt. Get ready, you're going to be pulverized Pussycat

thankyou dami

dami becomes the first robot to have his place confirmed in the house robot rebellion, keep watching this thread to see if any more will be confirmed and keep checking your inbox to see if you will receive an invite, Update tomorrow at 9pm you have until then to bid for a challenge belt or grudge match battle

Sam Fynn accepts the challenge of Hypno Disc to a battle in the House Robot Rebellion.

When interviewed,Sam said:I can win as i can play dirty,i can get all the cards i want to smash Hypno Disc into pieces.Hypno Disc is so lousy,he can't see it's back and get's flipped off easily.He's the easiest of all house robots!

World Wars Semi Final One

Pundit

In the first Semi final we have a very interesting clash between Chip Butty and Armadou Traore-Mcnamee, Chip Butty would have been the favourite but will he still be able to perform now his loan deal at Wrexham has finished.

Battle

Chip Butty is now back at Sheffield United after his loan spell at Wrexham finished in January. Unfortunately for him though he is still out from the injury that he picked up way back in November and is still expected to be out for a further 11 days to 3 weeks, he will need to perform well when he comes back as he currently has no contract for next year.

Score 0

Armadou Traore-Mcnamee has negotiated to join a new club once his contract ends, next year he will be playing in the German first division for Dortmund. He was left out of Oxfords first match of the month as they beat Southport 3-1 but was restored to the starting line up for the draw with Accrington rating at 6.9. He also started the 1-0 wins over Torquay and Macclesfield where he rated at 6.6 and 6.7 respectively. In the final game of the month he scored a 6.5 as they beat Hereford.

Score 6.75

Pundit

That means Armadou takes his place in the final, very unlucky there for Chip Butty though

Gauntlet Semi Final One

Pundit

The random number generator has thrown up the number 3 for the first time so we will be comparing the amount of goals conceded by the team when in the side, as usual this will be done by an average so as not to unfairly penalise those who play games. This may have given the other two hope that they may make the final as this could be Chris Owens one weakness that they can capitalise on.

Battle

Sir Killalot has really fallen out of favour at Oldham recently; he was only picked in the teams’ squad of 18 once this month and then wasn’t allowed off the bench. He still hasn’t got a contract for next year and must surely be worrying about his future.

Score N/A

Dead Metal left Newcastle where he was stuck in the reserves in January, and joined Man City where he has been placed in the reserves, not getting any first team action. The transfer was for £2.2million and he now has a contract worth £950 a week until 2015.

Score N/A

Chris Owen scored the only goal as Tottenham lost 2-1 to Manchester City; he had a poor performance for him rating at 6.6 as they drew 1-1 against Aston Villa. That poor performance saw him dropped for the win over Stoke before being restored to the starting line up as they drew 0-0 with Inter Milan in the Champions League. In the final game of the month he scored the only goal in the 1-0 win over Wolves

Score: 1 per 120mins

Pundit

Well any hopes of a shock were messed up with Dead Metals and Sir Killalots terrible performance. Chris Owen despite peoples belief that this may be his weak spot performed amazingly to make his way into the final.

Goal Frenzy Semi Final One

Pundit

This competition seems to have been made for Chris Owen, the winner of this match will face Lucas Volman in the final and surely it has to be Chris Owen.

Battle

Chris Owen scored the only goal as Tottenham lost 2-1 to Manchester City; he had a poor performance for him rating at 6.6 as they drew 1-1 against Aston Villa. That poor performance saw him dropped for the win over Stoke before being restored to the starting line up as they drew 0-0 with Inter Milan in the Champions League. In the final game of the month he scored the only goal in the 1-0 win over Wolves

Score: 2

Gon Pereira stood no chance this month, he is still playing for Derry City in Ireland and so had no matches this month.

Score 0

Pundit

Well no surprises there, despite a poor haul of goals by his standards Chris Owen progresses to the final to take on Lucas Volman.

Challenge Belt Battle

Pundit

Well once again Joe Tompkins is challenging Dami for the belt, after being injured last time will he be able to perform to his best this time.

Battle

Joe Tompkins completed a £400k move to Swansea City in January; he now has £8750 a week until 2013. It looked like it was going to be another terrible Challenge belt bid as he missed Swansea’s first five games of the month with an injury he picked up in January shortly after completing his move. Luckily he recovered in time for the final game of the month where he scored two goals rating in at 8.9 as Swansea beat Leeds.

Score 8.9

Dami has signed a new contract at Wrexham with an extension of one year, and a pay rise to £325 a week. He started the 0-0 draw against Tamworth rating at 6.8; he was then rested for the FA Trophy clash as they crashed out to Corby. He was back in the side for the defeat to Fleetwood rating in at 7.0 but was dropped again as Wrexham lost to Altrincham before he was back in the side and rated 6.1 as they won 1-0 but dropped again for the draw with Darlington.

Score 6.63

Pundit

Well second time lucky for Joe Tompkins, he was lucky though as if the injury had lasted a couple of days longer he would have lost out to Dami once again. Whether Dami will have the guts to re-challenge for the belt is yet to be seen.

Pundit

Well thats the end of the February show, lets have a look at how this has affected the money table

1 ggrive £55,000

2 Adam C £40,000

3 joetheref £37,000 increase 8000

4 RoryS08 £35,000

5 Fearthainn £32,000

6 ash261091 £30,000

7 toonbalmy £30,000

8 Stonini90 £25,000

9 kcar_92 £25,000

10 romanista1994 £25,000

11 Coldkohmew £25,000

12 Dami £17,500

13 sense3 £15,000

14 Moonshine £13,000

15 Greenwhitearmy £10,000

16 Almondo £10,000

17 Ishu £10,000

18 5ergio £10,000

19 cookie15 £5,000

20 sloppyderek £0

21 fergieSAFC £0

22 m1234566778 £0

23 hatton90 £0

24 Greasy chip butty £0

Only joeftheref increased this month due to his victory in the challenge belt. Join us next time for the remaining semi finals

Challenge Belt Battle

Well second time lucky for Joe Tompkins, he was lucky though as if the injury had lasted a couple of days longer he would have lost out to Dami once again. Whether Dami will have the guts to re-challenge for the belt is yet to be seen.

Well done Joe Tompkins, though you shouldn't grow fond of it cause i'll be taking it back soon...

Next update is already written as its quite a short one,will be posted at 9pm on the 8th so you have until then to get in any bids for the challenge belt, or even maybe bid for the first ever grudge match, remember the grudge matches can be done either as 1 v 1 or as tag team matches if you can find yourself a partner. Remember everyone keep checking your pm's to see if you have received an invite to the House Robot Rebellion.

Just to give everyone an idea of the Schedule I am hoping to keep to over the next couple of weeks.

Schedule

8th Jan - March Update - remaining semi finals

10th Jan - April Update - English Regional Final, Gauntlet Final, Goal Frenzy Final

12th Jan - May Update - House Robot Rebellion and World Wars Final

12th Jan - Opening of entries to the competitions for the Second Wars including new pricing and new competitions

15th Jan - June Update featuring all players detailing how there season went

17th/18th Jan - August Update featuring an end of transfer window update telling you where all your players are at

19th Jan - Closing of entries for the competitions second wars

20th Jan - Release of Draw for all competitions and Schedule for second wars

If you are not around for those dates please can you let me know particularly for the choosing of new events between the 12th and the 20th, because i will have to make new arrangements, probably by releasing to you early the list and costs of events but exactly what the solution will be I will take on an individual basis after a conversation between us

This is a great thread Jim Owen! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work! :)

Thankyou, hopefully we will be able to weed-out the inactive members and get them replaced for the start of the second wars by finding out who doesn't register for a competition

EDIT Almondo and Greenwhitearmy you have now missed your chance for the house robot rebellion, can i ask everyone to please keep checking there inbox

Chris Hatton accepts the challenge of Panic Attack to a battle in the House Robot Rebellion.

When interviewed by the Serie C paper, Carrarese striker Chris Hatton said of the battle "I hope Panic Attack knows exactly what he has let himself in for by challenging me to this duel. He's on a hiding to nothing. I'm feeling in the form of my life, I've got all the weapons that will defeat him in one big swoop."

Just to announce to everyone here I have decided to open this up to new members in the same way as the existing sign up was, so that means that anybody following but not taking part in this sign up just has to fill out the opening form by Jan 15th at the latest. They will be added using FMRTE for the start of the second wars. If you know anyone who may be interested please suggest this thread to them.

The form to fill in for anyone interested

You have £100,000 to spend at the start, remember to keep some of that back for entries for this and future wars as if you ever run out of money you cannot compete anymore. All entrants must be able to check the sign up at least once this week and must be willing to post regularly

Name

Chosen club to start (loading up all leagues in england, scotland, wales, n ireland, rep ireland, spain , france, germany and italy

Nationality

2nd Nationality (cannot be declared for first already)

Attributes at 20 (costs 20,000 per attribute chosen)

PA (costs 1,000 per PA above 150)

CA (costs 2,000 per CA above 75)

Position

Favoured Club

DO NOT TELL ME WHICH EVENTS YOU WANT TO TAKE PART IN YET THAT WILL COME LATER

Lucas Volman accepts the challenge of Fire Storm to a battle in the House Robot Rebellion.

"Fire Storm doesn't stand a chance, as soon as I'll enter the ring he will run away with his tail between his legs" said Volman in another interview with the Serie C paper, before following it up with: "I won't even have to be at my best to beat him, I know I can take on anyone right now and humiliate them!"

Archived