[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys thought I'd give an update on my FC United game. I'm in the BSP in my third season after back to back promotions but this season we have stalled a bit. Currently 7th at the halfway stage. Loving the game though and looking forward to getting to the top. I'll post some screenshots at some point. Btw I'm using the original RTC update and its working really well so far.

Here's how I've done pre-season. The best result for me is the draw against Hearts (a match I agreed to at the last minute to get a couple of players to full match fitness. Didn't work for Uchechi, but he'll be ok I'm sure).

Friendly results

Players in/out

Key signings

All these were signed on free transfers.

Joe Holt: 21 year old central midfielder who I signed after Wigan let him go. Didn't score or make any assists in the friendlies, but had solid performances and made some key passes.

Danny Uchechi: A young Nigerian striker, recommended by my assistant manager a couple of days before my last friendly. He looks immense, and I'm hoping he'll bag many goals. His three assists in his first and only match against Hearts is promising.

Benedict Akwuegbu: This Nigerian striker is 36, but still looks brilliant. He scored two goals against Hearts, which makes me excited to see him against BSN level teams. It's coincidental that both my main strikers are Nigerian, but I'm hoping that will make them play slightly better alongside one another.

I am really enjoying this save now, having completed season 2 in the BSN we dominated from the go. Securing the title and promotion with 6 games left.

stand out performers included Nigel Neita, Jamie edge and Martin Riley.

4 games into my first year in the BSP and it's 3 wins and 1 draw. things are looking good :)

Patone - i think that was me!!

TG - Sala was on the bench for Chelski this Saturday!

Good stuff so far then phnompenhandy. The December fixtures are always a bit congested, especially with cup games and even cup replays sometimes. In my first season of FM10 (in my only save) I had seven games in two weeks, which nearly destroyed my team. Have you purchased any good players that are worth telling us about?

I'd resolved to manage FCUM because of the philosophy of the club. Seeing them on TV was a bonus; it didn't affect my decision. I found this thread AFTER I commenced my campaign, but I'm very happy to be part of a community with the same ideals.

My squad (first choice XI) - you'll need to player search to find a few of this disparate set of non-entities. All came on frees:

GK Jasbir Singh (from Havant & Waterlooville)

DL Paul Tierney (from Altrincham) - very good!

DC Andy Duncan (from Chelmsford) - my captain

DC Harry Hogarth (from Grays)

DR Moses Barnett (unattached; ex-Everton youth)

MC Michal Dolinajec (unattached; ex-Southampton youth)

MC Yaser Kasim (from Staines)

MC Dean Sinclair (unattached, I think; ex-Grimsby)

FC Terry Dixon (unattached; ex-West Ham youth)

FC Pavol Suhaj (from Nantwich) - my star striker

FC Omar Koroma (unattached; ex-Portsmouth youth)

I play a 4-3-3 formation, with mt left and right forwards in Deep-lying support roles; effectively 4-5-1 when not in possession, and using the channels when in possession.

Last few results:

Kettering 0-0 FCUM (playoff semi L1)

Wrexham 1-0 FCUM (FA Trophy Final) - played my reserves as it was in between the playoff semi legs :(

FCUM 1-0 Kettering (playoff semi L2)

Wrexham 1-2 FCUM (playoff final)

League Two here we come!!!

Throwing the cup final paid off!

What attendances did you get at the cup final and play-off final?

League Two season begins with FCUM going Pro :)

Good luck. I'm 3rd after 27 games and conceded 3rd most goals in league, so just be cautious :) Hopefully get promoted, if not, I'll just look to strengthen a little more as I now have over a million to spend.

You play 8 hours a day and take a week for a season? Jeezus.

I do have a very reasonable PC, that helps a lot... Low level cup games against weak opposition/or if I don't care about the result I'll just use commentary only on the highest speed, thats about it...

I think I spent too much time fiddling around with tactics and stuff to be honest. I tweak my tactics a lot, probably too much as I don't always notice any difference at all.

Just adjust the match speed..? makes going through seasons much quicker. My game screws up if I have it on default speed for some reason, just pauses randomly

I have it as speedy as it can get. The pausing is probably an FMRTE related issue... :p

TC, for a League Two side, that coaching setup looks all kinds of awesome.

I think I've found an exploit for coaching - Back in the BSN I was allowed one coach. Halfway through the season I asked the board if I could sign another. They agreed. So I did. At the end of the season, three players retired (Chadwick, Akinbiyi and Powell) and once they announced retirement, I looked to see their newly aquired staff attributes, and signed them to staff contracts - which the board did not block as 'too many coaches', to my amazement - which must mean player/staff and retiring players signed to staff contracts don't count towards the total. On promotion to the League, I think the board must have taken the original 2 coaches allowed as the total and allowed me 4 more coaches.

Wages:

stafwage.png

Allowed:

staff.png

The specifics: I advertised. Then I picked the applicants based on stats that I thought were required per required role. I still don't know exactly what makes great coaches for each specific role... 'DDM' is all I really know.

That's it. I don't staff search either. :)

Thanks for link. Editing their attributes, no.. I'd play as Man City and buy best team if I wanted world class players :p

I used FM Genie Scout heavily back in FM10, but it became unfun after awhile.

Here's my mid-season update:

bluesquarebetnorthinfor.jpg

Looking good, but the players are performing rather inconsistently. I didn't do any new signings, partly because my team is ok and partly because I'm cash-strapped.

I need some serious help with tactics though. I'm conceding a lot with pretty good defenders, but on the plus side my team is very dangerous from set pieces, most free kicks shot from near the box are converted into goals.

EDIT: These boys are the pride of FC United...

And no, I didn't even change the U18 team in any way.

englishunder18sgroup12i.jpg

The specifics: I advertised. Then I picked the applicants based on stats that I thought were required per required role. I still don't know exactly what makes great coaches for each specific role... 'DDM' is all I really know.

That's it. I don't staff search either. :)

If you want more info on specific coaches, click on the link I gave in post 280.

By the way, anyone had luck getting a parent club? I tried twice, but the board twice said there were no suitable clubs.

Board gave me Preston automatically when I got promoted to the BSP...

My 18 man squad for my last game (vs Southend) contained EIGHT ex-Arsenal Reserves/Youths :o

Hello,

If you want to check out my first season at FC United, look here

I've got a question, how far do you have to progress until you are allowed to build a new stadium or buy the current one off bury (the pitch is shocking and bury won't pay for to be re laid because they have little money)

Hello,

If you want to check out my first season at FC United, look here

Nice going mate :thup:

And here's my Ass Man's latest finding:

Peter Leven

Scout's report

"Good signing for npower League 1"? Certainly going to try him out!

EDIT: Season 2011/12 just ended...

bluesquarebetnorthinfor.jpg

After beating Droylsden 5-2 aggregate in the Playoff Semi-Final and Wrexham 2-0 in the Final, we got the promotion! I seriously underestimated my squad as I wasn't so sure on getting it. Yet they performed amazingly, with new signing Peter Leven getting an average rating of 8.00 in his 5 games. I was later named Manager of the Season!

BSP here we go!

I think I've found an exploit for coaching - Back in the BSN I was allowed one coach. Halfway through the season I asked the board if I could sign another. They agreed. So I did. At the end of the season, three players retired (Chadwick, Akinbiyi and Powell) and once they announced retirement, I looked to see their newly aquired staff attributes, and signed them to staff contracts - which the board did not block as 'too many coaches', to my amazement - which must mean player/staff and retiring players signed to staff contracts don't count towards the total. On promotion to the League, I think the board must have taken the original 2 coaches allowed as the total and allowed me 4 more coaches.

Hmm, very interesting. The cap on number of coaches is my main bane. Early on I tried to recruit player/coaches and was point-blank refused. Most illogical was the board's response when i tried to give David Chadwick a player/coach contract. He's already told me he wanted to be a coach, and I responded positively. When I offered him a contract on the same wages as player, he accepted. The bloody board blocked the appointment, and as a result i had to let the club icon go, disappointing the fans, him and myself.

So i guess the 'exploit' is to give an old player a long contract, wait for him to retire and then sign them up as coaches. I'll try, but I'm sceptical.

Nice going mate :thup:

And here's my Ass Man's latest finding:

Peter Leven

Scout's report

"Good signing for npower League 1"? Certainly going to try him out!

He looks good. I'll give him a look, and see what my scouts think his chances of joining my side are. Oh, and well done getting promoted.

Edit: He's too good to play for my team, the picky unemployed git! GET A JOB!! :p

Archived