FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Currently playing a 4-2-3-1 and using Eden Hazard as an AML in the Inside Forward role. He's doing ok but could do better, any suggestions. I'm Liverpool btw.

Yeah go to a better club? ;)

Anyway, thats his best role IMO, how long you had him? he may just need to settle.

Anyway, thats his best role IMO, how long you had him? he may just need to settle.

Agree with this. Or play him as AMC (his natural position I think) put him Advanced Playmaker (Attack) or Inside Forward (Attack) from AMC.

And deffo sell him to some top club where he belongs! :D :D

Oh I think thats probably it. I'm in November 2010 and I got him in July. He's only 19 so I'm not worried, I was just wondering if someone had found a more effective spot.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation as Liverpool and I was wondering how can I get the best out of Poulsen if I am playing Raul Maireles as a anchor man or should I play Poulsen there and Maireles in another role?

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation as Liverpool and I was wondering how can I get the best out of Poulsen if I am playing Raul Maireles as a anchor man or should I play Poulsen there and Maireles in another role?

I guess you play Gerrard as AM? So, he should be Attacking Midfielder (Attack) IMO and have Meireles as a Box-To-Box Midfielder and Poulsen as a Ball-Winning Midfielder (Defend).

By not playing him?

In my Liverpool team, I favour a 4-2-3-1 with Lucas and Meireles as the two midfielders. I have Lucas set as a deep lying play maker and Meireles as box-to-box midfielder.

By not playing him?

In my Liverpool team, I favour a 4-2-3-1 with Lucas and Meireles as the two midfielders. I have Lucas set as a deep lying play maker and Meireles as box-to-box midfielder.

The bolded part is the best advice I could think of too.

By not playing him?

Well if he already plays him (his game, his choice) let's try our best help him, shall we?

How about:

Steven Defour

Roque Santa Cruz

Andy Carroll

Jonas

At Newcastle playing 4-2-3-1 rotating between santa cruz and carroll

In my book you should always play lone striker as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support). I believe you play Jonas as AMR or AML? If so, then Winger (Support) IMO. As for Defour, if he is AMC then Advanced Playmaker (Attack).

Paulo Henrique, Alberto Aquilani

Have you not seen the format in the OP?

Come on, at least some info, what formation, where do the play?

Cheers.

How about:

Steven Defour DLP/support

Roque Santa Cruz Target man/support

Andy Carroll Target man/support

Jonas Wide midfielder/support or attack is up to you

At Newcastle playing 4-2-3-1 rotating between santa cruz and carroll

My answers in bold above

i have a couple of questions as Im new to this - not really the right place I know, but I do play Chelsea.

I currently play 451, but looking at 4231. I see on other threads positions such as "inside Forward", "Poacher", "complete forward", "advanced forward". No idea what these mean (well I do, but not inthe game). the positions I see for instance are AML, AMR, Advanced Forward (playing the 451). How do I specidy, or where do I put the players to play more specifically?

Same thing with setting "box to box" mid player or "advanced playmaker"

Dumb Q probably - but at 42 I need help

My answers in bold above

But, he can't be Wide Midfielder if he play AMR, nor can Defour be DLP if he play AMC. Or I didn't understand his formation? Two MC's, AMC and AMR & AML?

on the other hand maybe he is playing Defour as MC, then he could be DLP.

But, he can't be Wide Midfielder if he play AMR, nor can Defour be DLP if he play AMC. Or I didn't understand his formation? Two MC's, AMC and AMR & AML?

on the other hand maybe he is playing Defour as MC, then he could be DLP.

Sorry didn't notice the formation.

If he's playing Defour AMC he is mental.

Jonas - winger/attack or support or even defensive winger/att or support

i have a couple of questions as Im new to this - not really the right place I know, but I do play Chelsea.

I currently play 451, but looking at 4231. I see on other threads positions such as "inside Forward", "Poacher", "complete forward", "advanced forward". No idea what these mean (well I do, but not inthe game). the positions I see for instance are AML, AMR, Advanced Forward (playing the 451). How do I specidy, or where do I put the players to play more specifically?

Same thing with setting "box to box" mid player or "advanced playmaker"

Dumb Q probably - but at 42 I need help

Are you using the tactic creator or classic? If classic, stop now and jump into the TC, all will become clear.

Any ideas on best way to play Luis Fabiano? Playing at Spurs, 1st season in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Got VDV in behind as inside forward, attack. Need Fabiano to be my 'goal machine'.

As I said I'd always play lone striker as a Deep-Lying Forward (support), so he doesn't gets isolated (sp?), but in that case where you have VdV as Inside Forward (Attack), maybe you should play him as Advanced Forward as he will have plenty of support through VdV.

I play usually defour and Nolan/barton at MC. Ben Arfa and Jonas in AML and AMR. Diego Buonanotte at AMC and then either Carrol or Santa Cruz as line striker

Wouldn't you be better with Ben Arfa central and Buonanotte wide? IIRC Diego is proper light weight, and more suited wide.

I would like to know how to get the best out of Rooney and Suarez. Have been trying different roles for them all season and they just can't seem to score.

Are they playing together or?

Rooney can perform as a Advanced Forward, Complete Forward (Attack) or (Support), Deep-Lying Forward (Attack) or (Support), even as a Defensive Forward (Attack) or (Support) in big games.

As for Suarez I'd say Advanced Forward.

If they play together then Suarze Advanced Forward and Rooney Complete Forward (Support).

Are they playing together or?

Rooney can perform as a Advanced Forward, Complete Forward (Attack) or (Support), Deep-Lying Forward (Attack) or (Support), even as a Defensive Forward (Attack) or (Support) in big games.

As for Suarez I'd say Advanced Forward.

If they play together then Suarze Advanced Forward and Rooney Complete Forward (Support).

Thought I'd leave this one to you Fabio, what with the Rooney question.

only thing I'd say is, if your team can handle it don't be scared to play Suarez as Trequartista upfront. My only caution is they can struggle in the EPL. He is amazing though so could make it work.,

Thought I'd leave this one to you Fabio, what with the Rooney question.

only thing I'd say is, if your team can handle it don't be scared to play Suarez as Trequartista upfront. My only caution is they can struggle in the EPL. He is amazing though so could make it work.,

Cheers mate. Didn't have experience with Suarez, but given his attributes I thought Advanced Forward suits him. Anyway Zakka I encourage (sp?) you to try him as a Trequartista too.

Can someone help me with Robinho, Pato and Ibra please? Somehow I just can't figure out how to get the best of them in a 4-3-3 formation, with Robinho on the left flank as an inside forward, and Pato on the right, also as an inside forward.

Ibra as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support) or Complete Forward (Support). Pato as AMR Inside Forward (Attack) and Robinho Inside Forward (Attack). But, set Wide Play for Pato and Robinho to Moves Into Channels instead of Cuts Inside and see how that work.

Ibra as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support) or Complete Forward (Support). Pato as AMR Inside Forward (Attack) and Robinho Inside Forward (Attack). But, set Wide Play for Pato and Robinho to Moves Into Channels instead of Cuts Inside and see how that work.

Thanks mate, I'm currently using Ibra as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support) but didn't perform that well, somehow he often slows down the play and shoots instead of passing to another player, who is in a better place in front of goal. I'll try him as a Complete Forward (Support), and change Pato's and Robinho's Wide Play.

Edit: What about Christian Eriksen? Should I play him as an Advanced Playmaker (Attack) in the center of the pitch or is he better higher up? Currently I don't have any backup for Pirlo, Verratti and Fossati are 18 and not good enough for the 1st team yet.

Thanks mate, I'm currently using Ibra as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support) but didn't perform that well, somehow he often slows down the play and shoots instead of passing to another player, who is in a better place in front of goal. I'll try him as a Complete Forward (Support), and change Pato's and Robinho's Wide Play.

Edit: What about Christian Eriksen? Should I play him as an Advanced Playmaker (Attack) in the center of the pitch or is he better higher up? Currently I don't have any backup for Pirlo, Verratti and Fossati are 18 and not good enough for the 1st team yet.

Sorry, I don't even know who Eriksen is. :S I'm waiting for the hot fix, so I begin playing, so I don't even know his attributes.

Any ideas on a FC or St who is trequartista????

ST & FC are striker with FC having hidden attribute Free Role of 15 or more. So, there is no really rule who should be Trequartista out of those two. But, IMO FC is more suited to that role.

ST & FC are striker with FC having hidden attribute Free Role of 15 or more. So, there is no really rule who should be Trequartista out of those two. But, IMO FC is more suited to that role.

Ok man. Thanks for the reply!!!!!

Can someone help me with Sergio Canales?

As he is natural AMC I guess you play him in that position? If so, then Advanced Playmkaer (Attack) if he has some Pace, if he hasn't then Support duty.

You may also try him as Attacking Midfielder (Attack) or (Support), bit I see him as a classical (sp?) playmaker, e.g. Kaka.

Hey everyone, Im playing as Atletico Madrid this year, hoping to use mainly Forlan, Aguero, and Cardozo as my main 3 forwards. Forlan/Aguero is my preferred partnership, tried this and a few games with Forlan/Cardozo. I've tried Target Man - Attacking for Cardozo, with Advanced Forward for Forlan, seems to work fine for Forlan but Cardozo hasn't seemed to do much. Also tried with Cardozo as Complete Forward - Support, still no results. Aguero I use as Advanced Forward, with Forlan as Complete Forward - Support. Same thing here, Forlan doing great, nothing from Aguero. Any recommendations on how to get Forlans strike partners to start firing?

Playing standard 442 by the way, not yet started work on my 4231 :)

Hey everyone, Im playing as Atletico Madrid this year, hoping to use mainly Forlan, Aguero, and Cardozo as my main 3 forwards. Forlan/Aguero is my preferred partnership, tried this and a few games with Forlan/Cardozo. I've tried Target Man - Attacking for Cardozo, with Advanced Forward for Forlan, seems to work fine for Forlan but Cardozo hasn't seemed to do much. Also tried with Cardozo as Complete Forward - Support, still no results. Aguero I use as Advanced Forward, with Forlan as Complete Forward - Support. Same thing here, Forlan doing great, nothing from Aguero. Any recommendations on how to get Forlans strike partners to start firing?

Playing standard 442 by the way, not yet started work on my 4231 :)

Hi Deflon Don,

Quality strikers you have there. Am fan of them all.

This is how I would play them beetwen themselves:

1. choice: Aguero - Poacher & Forlan: Deep-Lying Forward (Support); in Advanced Team Instructions have Aguero as a Target Man with 'Run Onto Ball' supply;

2. choice: Aguero - Poacher; Cardozo: Complete Forward (Support); in Advanced Team Instructions have Aguero as a Target Man with 'Run Onto Ball' supply and

3. choice: Forlan - Advanced Forward; Cardozo: Complete Forward (Support).

That is how I would play them. If it doesn't works then you will have to tweak their Personal Insructions or your tactics in general a bit as these are pretty much the roles they are suited to.

Some good advice from Fabio there although personally I think Cardozo is not quite good enough for complete forward and would always play him as a target man.

Complete Forward has Long Shots on Often by default settings and as Cardozo has hell of a shot that's why I thought he would be suited to that role really well and he is also well-rounded player too IMO.

But, on the other side as I said to have Aguero as a Target Man with Run Onto Ball supply it would also be good idea to have Cardozo as a Target Man (Support) as you say, so he could be even more utilised to lay on those balls to Aguero.

Complete Forward has Long Shots on Often by default settings and as Cardozo has hell of a shot that's why I thought he would be suited to that role really well and he is also well-rounded player too IMO.

But, on the other side as I said to have Aguero as a Target Man with Run Onto Ball supply it would also be good idea to have Cardozo as a Target Man (Support) as you say, so he could be even more utilised to lay on those balls to Aguero.

He does indeed, you can always manually tweak it, plus iirc target man support has long shots mixed so someone like Cardozo would be smashing em anyway.

Archived