[iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure if this is a bug or not.........well, 2 things......

The australian A- league is incredibly easy......im in season 4 and have won it and the playoffs every year with sydney. Also managed to win the asian champions league at the second attempt........got to the final on the first but got stuffed by injuries.

Also it is possible for me to get any player that gets loan listed with sydney. No matter how good the player i can always get them with a season long loan and paying no wages at all.

once ive won the world club cup(forget its name) i will then try and do it all again with the bottom australian team and see if i can reproduce what i have done.

My goalkeeper got sent off and was only able to change with the left back. As it automatically put him there. Is it possible to be another player?

Also my game froze in the middle of a game in 2013. But then when I tried to put the game back on it was stuck on the opening screen. Managed to get it working after switching my phone off then back on but lost a whole season as it didn't do a auto save...gutted

not much of a bug... but i've been playing as Adelaide United and in mid january im playing a game vs Melbourne Victory in Adelaide... And its -1 snowing!:confused:

its summer in australia at this time and jan-feb are meant to be really hot days. im talking 35+ some days :-D

cheers

Game date in news wrong

Hmmm just so I know was there any news about it being rescheduled or anything similar?

(thanks for the report - much appreciated)

No, would be weird to reschedule the World Championship final, so it didn't :)

As you can see, I played the semi final on the 21th. Like always, one day later a message pops in that the final will be between X and Y on date Z. Only, the date was set in the past. Havn't seen it before either.

I dunno if this is a bug or just me sucking at this game...

I took Hereford United from League 1 to Premier in 4-5 years. I survived my first year of Premier football (finished 16th) only to be sacked at the end of the season. I'm confused on why a team would fire a manager that took them all the way from League 1 to Premier after only one season at Premier....and I didn't even get relegated! It's hard to do much at the Premier level when you only get $10 mil to work with.

I dunno if this is a bug or just me sucking at this game...

I took Hereford United from League 1 to Premier in 4-5 years. I survived my first year of Premier football (finished 16th) only to be sacked at the end of the season. I'm confused on why a team would fire a manager that took them all the way from League 1 to Premier after only one season at Premier....and I didn't even get relegated! It's hard to do much at the Premier level when you only get $10 mil to work with.

what did u set as target at the start of the season? (or what target where u given?):confused:

what did u set as target at the start of the season? (or what target where u given?):confused:

They wanted me to finish with a respectable league position. I chose to battle bravely against relegation. I didn't think that I would get fired for that. Especially when 3-4 years ago I was relegated from League 1 back to league 2 when they expected me to win league 1 (and I said I expected promotion). I figured I would get a little more slack for a teams first year at the Premier level.

They wanted me to finish with a respectable league position. I chose to battle bravely against relegation. I didn't think that I would get fired for that. Especially when 3-4 years ago I was relegated from League 1 back to league 2 when they expected me to win league 1 (and I said I expected promotion). I figured I would get a little more slack for a teams first year at the Premier level.

That being said, I got ****ed off, started a new game with Arsenal, bought Akinfeev, Dentinho, Eden Hazard, and Jerome Boateng and took the gunners to a near perfect season (Freaking Liverpool :mad: )

its not exactly a bug but more of an annoyance but why does the game's text say things like "iniesta with a glancing header" and the shot is from way-way outside the area, surely it cant be a glancing header from very large distances

• SI Staff
its not exactly a bug but more of an annoyance but why does the game's text say things like "iniesta with a glancing header" and the shot is from way-way outside the area, surely it cant be a glancing header from very large distances

I'll look into that side of things - sounds like its showing the wrong message for the shot.

Ok I know its been mentioned in other threads but I've just had the budget adjustment issue where I tried to change my rubbish 2.1M (for the Prem!) and allocate less to wages. The thing is I managed to boost my wages to 264,000 per week but now have a budget of 40 quid so am now totally dead in the water. I've some how got to "Fight bravely against relagation" with no transfer kitty and obviously not a high enough rep to attract any really good bosmans :-(

I'm the mighty AFC Wimbledon in 2014 if that helps.

Did anyone get to the bottom of this and Sabotini's problem, because I'm the same. If you fiddle with the transfer budget/wage thing, then it doesn't seem you can change it back once you get it down. So after being curious as to what it would do, I'm now preparing for a first season in the Premiership with £20 (yes, twenty pounds) but £435,000 a week in wages.

It's really frustrating - the last manual save was before promotion.

• SI Staff
Did anyone get to the bottom of this and Sabotini's problem, because I'm the same. If you fiddle with the transfer budget/wage thing, then it doesn't seem you can change it back once you get it down. So after being curious as to what it would do, I'm now preparing for a first season in the Premiership with £20 (yes, twenty pounds) but £435,000 a week in wages.

It's really frustrating - the last manual save was before promotion.

Will be fixed in the forthcoming third update - sorry about that (we're doing final internal QA on the update now and will hopefully have it released within a week or so's time).

Also in future it won't let you take a budget BELOW the required amount (ie. you won't be able to go below wage budget from changes).

I had a strange bug, I'm with AC Milan. During the match I wanted to substitute Ronaldinho to Beckham, I went to the tactics screen, I made the changes, but Beckham was in wrong position (on the left side), so I wanted to swipe with Pirlo, but I couldn't do it, the swipe was unavailable. So I confirmed the substitution, went back to the match screen. I pressed again the Tactics button and could swipe the players.

BUT Beckham disapperead from the screen! As you can see in the pictures, there's only 10 players on the field, and neither Beckham is among the substitutes.

Another frustration was, when I saw Beckham on the text commentary. According this, he was on the pitch, but was unvisible among the players.

zksmmv.png

htxslx.png

So the match went on, I substituted another one (Flamini off, another one in), and the new player also disappeared. Check this out!

15i59pw.png

I dont know how it could happened, I met it only once, but very strange.

I had a strange bug, I'm with AC Milan. During the match I wanted to substitute Ronaldinho to Beckham, I went to the tactics screen, I made the changes, but Beckham was in wrong position (on the left side), so I wanted to swipe with Pirlo, but I couldn't do it, the swipe was unavailable. So I confirmed the substitution, went back to the match screen. I pressed again the Tactics button and could swipe the players.

BUT Beckham disapperead from the screen! As you can see in the pictures, there's only 10 players on the field, and neither Beckham is among the substitutes.

Another frustration was, when I saw Beckham on the text commentary. According this, he was on the pitch, but was unvisible among the players.

zksmmv.png

htxslx.png

So the match went on, I substituted another one (Flamini off, another one in), and the new player also disappeared. Check this out!

15i59pw.png

This has happened to me a few times as well. It seems to just be a visual issue because the player's that are subbed in still get stats. One of them even scored for me once.

These issues have been resolved for the next update. As suggested this is just a visual problem and the players were appearing on the pitch.

1. Any chance you could put links in the news/emails text. It would be nice to be able to click player/team names.

2. Might not be as interesting if the greyed out players aren't as good but it seems odd that you can't sign them to a contract or make a transfer bid. Right now there are some great players that I can't make an offer for.

Looking forward to the update coming soon and to the 2011 release. Do you have any insight into the upgrade process/cost when the 2011 app is released? I'm hoping there is a discount or free upgrade option for Football Manager iPhone early adopters since it came out so late in the season :D

• SI Staff
1. Any chance you could put links in the news/emails text. It would be nice to be able to click player/team names.

These aren't present because of size issues with short text or where links would be next to each other BUT you can use the link button (bottom right of the screen) to jump to any competitions, players or clubs mentioned in the news items.

2. Might not be as interesting if the greyed out players aren't as good but it seems odd that you can't sign them to a contract or make a transfer bid. Right now there are some great players that I can't make an offer for.

This is something I might consider changing in a future version.

Looking forward to the update coming soon and to the 2011 release. Do you have any insight into the upgrade process/cost when the 2011 app is released? I'm hoping there is a discount or free upgrade option for Football Manager iPhone early adopters since it came out so late in the season :D

The update is incoming in the very near future (its in submission with Apple at present) - no release date for FMH2011 is available yet I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Well on my Save I took over England, but basically on the player search I can now not change the side the players I search for play on so I am stuck with only searching players that play on the Right Hand Side, is there any fix for this?

Well on my Save I took over England, but basically on the player search I can now not change the side the players I search for play on so I am stuck with only searching players that play on the Right Hand Side, is there any fix for this?

Hello luket123, do you have a save game from before you accept the England job?

The problem here is that the Side section in Player Search is hidden to allow for the Nation filter. Unfortunately it appears to have failed to clear before hiding it, leading to your problem.

To avoid this, before accepting a national job it is advisable to clear your Player Search filters.

Managing in Brazil, season 1 as Santo Andre, there was a bug with the 2nd round of the Brazilian Cup. I won the 1st leg 3-0, and while some teams were playing 2nd legs, I had a Sao Paulo State Championship match.

After this, I got the 3rd Round tie scheduled. The 2nd Round 2nd Leg was never scheduled or played.

Also, there only seems to be one State Championship active. What will happen if I move to a team from a different State?

Im in my second season with Blackburn, won the League Cup and have managed to reach the FA Cup and Euro Cup final.

Below are my upcoming fixtures, please excuse the enormous screenshot lol.

mailku.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont have an enormous squad, and this fixture congestion really dampens the slight chance I had of winning the Premiership aswel! Hope something in the future is implemented to stop this sort of thing from happening!

Managing in Brazil, season 1 as Santo Andre, there was a bug with the 2nd round of the Brazilian Cup. I won the 1st leg 3-0, and while some teams were playing 2nd legs, I had a Sao Paulo State Championship match.

After this, I got the 3rd Round tie scheduled. The 2nd Round 2nd Leg was never scheduled or played.

This is how the competition works in real life. If the away team wins by 2 or more goals in the first leg then they are through without the second leg being played. This is for both round 1 and round 2.

Also, there only seems to be one State Championship active. What will happen if I move to a team from a different State?

Currently the Sao Paulo State Championship is the only one in the game so managing a team from Rio de Janeiro, for example, will see you have a longer wait until the First or Second Division.

I'm playing as Tubize in Belgium so the database is rather small, and when trying to find a keeper during the transfer window I see things like this that make it kind of hard to find eligible players to sign:

sfgdhu.jpg

2s9az4k.jpg

10cu2jt.jpg

Did Lazio play 114 games last season, or what?

Hi Boco_T, thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

This is a problem and we will see what can be done to sort it out. In the meantime I would suggest using the Player Search filters to look for transfer listed or listed for loan goalkeepers, or seeing if you scout comes back with suggestions for a goalkeeper.

Im in my second season with Blackburn, won the League Cup and have managed to reach the FA Cup and Euro Cup final.

Below are my upcoming fixtures, please excuse the enormous screenshot lol.

I dont have an enormous squad, and this fixture congestion really dampens the slight chance I had of winning the Premiership aswel! Hope something in the future is implemented to stop this sort of thing from happening!

Thanks for bringing this up. This seems to be due to the vast number of matches being crammed in to such a short space of time. Clashes and fixture scheduling will be looked at closely in the future.

not much of a bug... but i've been playing as Adelaide United and in mid january im playing a game vs Melbourne Victory in Adelaide... And its -1 snowing!:confused:

its summer in australia at this time and jan-feb are meant to be really hot days. im talking 35+ some days :-D

cheers

Hey Kay Jay Skinner,

Sorry for the delay but I have now reported this to be investigated in due course. Thank you.

This is how the competition works in real life. If the away team wins by 2 or more goals in the first leg then they are through without the second leg being played. This is for both round 1 and round 2.

Currently the Sao Paulo State Championship is the only one in the game so managing a team from Rio de Janeiro, for example, will see you have a longer wait until the First or Second Division.

Thanks for the response - maybe there should be a news item after the match letting players who aren't too familiar with the intricacies of Brazilian Cup Football know they've progressed?

Now you're going to tell me there was one and I completely missed it, right?

There would have been a message in your news inbox which would have stated that you were through to the next round, yes.

I think we should really be mentioning this sort of thing in the Rules section of the Competition (Competitions->Domestic->Brazilian Cup->Links->Rules). I will put this forward for next time.

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned but I spotted these 2.

You can't interact or get a coach report on a player who is on loan at your club.

If you got a scout report on a player in previous seasons, you cannot get an updated on (it refers to players who are no longer at the club / relates to the quality of your team from some time ago).

If you got a scout report on a player in previous seasons, you cannot get an updated on (it refers to players who are no longer at the club / relates to the quality of your team from some time ago).

It would be great if Scout reports were dated and offered an option to rescout.

You can't interact or get a coach report on a player who is on loan at your club.

Rammy, try swiping from left to right on the screen when you are viewing a loaned in player's Profile. This should display a scout report for players in on loan at your club

Point noted and added to our database for further investigation:thup:

It would be great if Scout reports were dated and offered an option to rescout.

This is something that has been put forward for inclusion in the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad versions. Scout Reports are dated already, in the report itself in the Recommendation section.

Ok I just got a strange news item:

"Ian Pearce has been sacked by the Steavenage Borough Board of Directors.

Ivica Dragutinovic is already being touted by the media as the hot favourite to take over. Other managers such as Ivica Dragutinovic and Ivica Dragutinovic are also being linked with the vacant hot seat."

• SI Staff
Not exactly a bug, but I'm finding alot of new players (in season 5) with the same names as older ones. It caused a lttle confusion when your scout recommends two of them.

The game reuses names but will combine first & second names randomly so they shouldn't be the same as prior player names in most cases, exceptions for these are sometimes in non-active nations where only a handful of names are present; but generally in these nations we manage to match them up with larger nations which use similar naming conventions.

If possible can you give a few examples so I can check if this is just 'luck' on your behalf or a particular nationality which we haven't matched to a larger nation for naming purposes.

Well theres two Ivo Costas (I bought one while not paying full attention thinking it was the World Player of the year, It wasn't) and two Ivo Santos. AC milan has two Francesco Conti (One a DLC and one a DC) AC milan also has a Claudio and Andrea Conti.

In my game I am Luton in season 4. During the first few seasons I got players in on loan from top clubs. A couple of seasons later they have become £6m players and I am skint and in League 1. Whenever it is reported that they fancy a move it always says that the reported price is unlikely to put off Luton!

I bought this application several days ago and have already completed my first season. I am now into my second season and my application keeps crashing whenever it tries to process Tue 10th Aug 2010. I have tried to fix the issue by running the application again several times, by turning my iTouch off and back on again and also by plugging it into my computer and sync-ing it. None of these have fixed the problem and the application continues to crash making it completely unusable. I am obvious pretty annoyed seeing as I paid £7 for it so any help would be appreciated.

I bought this application several days ago and have already completed my first season. I am now into my second season and my application keeps crashing whenever it tries to process Tue 10th Aug 2010. I have tried to fix the issue by running the application again several times, by turning my iTouch off and back on again and also by plugging it into my computer and sync-ing it. None of these have fixed the problem and the application continues to crash making it completely unusable. I am obvious pretty annoyed seeing as I paid £7 for it so any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, sorry to hear about he problem that you are getting.

If you could answer the following questions then it might help us to pinpoint what is wrong:

1. Which club are you managing?

2. Do you have Quick Start enabled or disabled in your Preferences?

3. Do you have any of the screen options ticked in the View/Sort menu on your Squad screen (i.e., Hide Ineligible, Hide Injured, Hide Suspended, Hide Selected)

4. Do you have anything significant occurring on that date, 10th August (i.e., a transfer to complete, a match)

Hi there, sorry to hear about he problem that you are getting.

If you could answer the following questions then it might help us to pinpoint what is wrong:

1. Which club are you managing?

2. Do you have Quick Start enabled or disabled in your Preferences?

3. Do you have any of the screen options ticked in the View/Sort menu on your Squad screen (i.e., Hide Ineligible, Hide Injured, Hide Suspended, Hide Selected)

4. Do you have anything significant occurring on that date, 10th August (i.e., a transfer to complete, a match)

1. Ross County (Scottish First Division)

2. Yes it seems to be enabled but I haven't changed any preferences

3. Yes I have Hide Ineligible, Hide Suspended and Hide Injured ticked

4. Yes I have a cup game

• SI Staff

Can you try undoing the 'hide' options - its a 'hunch' at present but I think there might be an issue related to these (although why its only certain systems I haven't ascertained as of yet).

PS- Can you confirm if this helps as otherwise we might never know for sure if you're up and running or not.

Archived