Kenco's Ambitious World League Project FM10

Kenco

What am I supposed to do with the U23 Cup? I can't go any further because of it...

You have to pick a squad of players (first 11 and 9 subs) under the age of 23. I thought that would be self-explanatory...

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I said recently I would make some changes and re-release this, but to be honest they were only a few minor things which needed fixing, so I'm not going to do those, and in fact won't be making any more amendments to the FM10 World League. Please feel free to continue downloading my game and to ask questions in here, I will still try to help people as much as possible.

But for now, most of my editing time is being spent planning the World League for FM11...

Do you have any knowledge of the editors capabilities for FM11? I guess it would help your planning and if not, you could always ask Miles or someone... don't know if they'd tell you or not, but they might as you have a legitimate reason to know and have probably made the second most successful mod for FM10...

I very much doubt he'd get the info, to be honest, but we can always hope! Kenco if you ever want a hand with this project let me know - I did miss a few aspects in this (such as awards) that could easily be implemented, but I totally understand that this is your baby and you might not want to share! :p

Do you have any knowledge of the editors capabilities for FM11? I guess it would help your planning and if not, you could always ask Miles or someone... don't know if they'd tell you or not, but they might as you have a legitimate reason to know and have probably made the second most successful mod for FM10...

I know nothing right now, but I will assume that it's going to be at worst the same as FM10, so the planning for now will just involve redesigning the structure, cups, reserves, etc.

I very much doubt he'd get the info, to be honest, but we can always hope! Kenco if you ever want a hand with this project let me know - I did miss a few aspects in this (such as awards) that could easily be implemented, but I totally understand that this is your baby and you might not want to share! :p

Awards are something I really wanted to do, but kept forgetting to put them in!

The FM10 version was "my baby" as you said, I took input from people but it was very much my own project. FM11 is going to be more of a community project, as I have already been in discussions with El Ricardo (who also had a very successful World League for FM10) about a joint project instead going against each other. We will be asking for input from the members of this forum and may even need an extra hand or two, but we'll see when the time comes.

Aye, indeed our little secret is out! We look set to be joining forces in the near future. I was thinking of going regional for my next release, but realised just how much work I'd need to do with the reserves and youth (essentially over 1000 teams to create and edit!). Hence why splitting the workload is a better idea, otherwise the thing would never be truly finished until FM12!

Expect a little essence of both of our leagues to be featured in this next potentially epic release!

Aye, indeed our little secret is out! We look set to be joining forces in the near future. I was thinking of going regional for my next release, but realised just how much work I'd need to do with the reserves and youth (essentially over 1000 teams to create and edit!). Hence why splitting the workload is a better idea, otherwise the thing would never be truly finished until FM12!

Expect a little essence of both of our leagues to be featured in this next potentially epic release!

Assuming the game is out late Oct/early Nov as usual, I reckon we could have this done by the end of Nov. Or is that a little ambitious?

It could be a tiny bit ambitious. It depends who else we can get in to help. Don't forget we'll need an awards structure for every one of these leagues too.

Ambitious maybe, but I like a challenge! Early December looks reasonable for me, somewhere around the 7th. The reason for this is that I plan to watch all of the Ashes this winter with games starting at midnight UK time, and I will do some editing at the same time. The 2nd test finishes on 7th Dec, so thats up to 10 all-night editing sessions, which should be more than enough!

Link to the new thread if anyone is interested:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/220183-El-RicKenco-s-Ambitious-FM11-FIFA-World-Football-League-Project-Planning-Stage?p=5712164#post5712164

Hi Kenco, just seen the new thread. Looks amazing tbh, it's a shame that it basically renders the actual game redundant!

I've resigned myself to the fact that my system is to blame for crash dumps and not the game. I managed to get a season and a half into a game but it crashed and I didn't load it up again after that. Was great fun though, if I can get my hands on a better system I'll be sure to load up the database again :thup:

Yeah i get crash dumps too, when i try to start a game. I do everything i'm supposed to, but the game crashes and i get a crash dump, and i have a new computer and everything. Haven't been able to start a game with this database, whenever I try starting it just crashed. Oh well, hopefully I won't have this problem with your FM2011 database

Awesome release Kenco, keep up the good work, i'm on my quest to get Rabotnicki from League 10- Eastern Europe to the stars!

Good luck with that, just be careful you don't get attacked by a blue hedgehog with red boots....;)

I'll get my coat :o

That's strange. I don't see any seedings. I see big teams clashing in the early stages like round 3 & 4, while small teams from World League 5-8 can go all the way to the semifinals in the World FA Cup, if they are lucky with their draws. :)

That's strange. I don't see any seedings. I see big teams clashing in the early stages like round 3 & 4, while small teams from World League 5-8 can go all the way to the semifinals in the World FA Cup, if they are lucky with their draws. :)

That's the same as most club cup competitions (English FA Cup for example), and is supposed to happen.

Can someone teach me in a dummy manner how to install Kenco's ambitouse league project as i look towards playing this

Click on the link in the opening post, download the file, unzip and save it to:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

You may also want to run the .ddt file for retaining players, read the opening post for instructions on where to save this.

I can't get the ddt file to work

It doesn't matter if I go with small, medium or large database, save the file in one place or two, it ALWAYS crashes on startup. Such a shame, as this looks very very good!

I even tried to ignore the ddt and load players through a custom db in game. I got 280,000 players (almost 4 times my PC recommendation) and then it still crashed. I give up.

Which patch are you on, 10.3?

yeah, it's alright, I've got it sorted now

I ended up with 69,000 players by fiddling with the custom db settings. It's a bit unbalanced as Seongnam in the top league have just a few players whereas the likes of Yeovil in the bottom league have a full squad, but it'll have to do.

• 2 months later...

Wow, 705 downloads on the rapidshare version, and who knows how many of the filefront. And that's just version 4.

Hope everyone enjoyed the database, FM11 will probably be the best World League in the World.

Interesting to see the lack of English teams in the top flight!

Italian teams seemed to dominate in my last game, but it wasn't just one team, all of them picked up 3 or 4 titles each. Not a single English team won my top flight in about 18 years.

Also nice to see some random lower teams like Cerro Porteno, Lanus and Urawa Reds in the mix with titles and big transfers. The biggest surprise team in mine was Al-Ittihad (KSA) who won League 1 in 2014 or 2015.

Out of interest, who did you manage in this game?

Archived