• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha right so Larsson1888-300 odd miles lol or so :p

Then me 28 miles

Then i presume southside

Mikel 5 miles

Brown 3 miles lol

:D Asnelems gotta have the record for the furthest away though lol!!!

Not sure if I could count as scandanavian as well he he.

Hi

Going to start a new game with my favourite SPL team.

I'm going to load the Largest database but what other countries players would you recommend loading also?

When I was Leeds I loaded all from South America and got some gems but had trouble with work permits.

haha

schalke are in a heeluva lot of debt right now and as such everyone's available :)

levan kenia rafinha and jefferson farfan say hello :)

1m for kenia, 2.5 for rafinha and 2.5 for farfan :D

arranging deals to sell hutton and acosta for 7.5m each to liverpool and chelski respectively :)

yey mate, all the way :)

sweet :)

so easy to sell players on this game

28 for aiden

7.5 for shaun

7.25 for thg

7.5 for hutton (signed for 4.8 , 6 months earlier)

7.5 for acosta (signed for 1.6 a season earlier)

20 for keane (signed for 13 6 months earlier)

7.5 for hinkel

offering out at 7.5 ftw :thup:

ok, i am in a little bit of a dilemma here, at the start of first season man city have just offered 15.5m all up front for mcgeady non negotiable, i have hazard and verratti for this postion, should i accept ???

Second season completed and it was much more eventful than the first.

As I said I had a massive overhaul of players. Joe Hart was outstanding throughout the season after pushing out Zaluska early on and was easily the bargain of the season. Caddis and Misun did okay at full back but their lack of quality showed a few times, especially in Europe. Central defence was solid with Otamendi and Caldwell immense all season with Burdisso slightly behind due to about 6 suspensions. McGeady was okay but never lived up to the hype on this forum and was outshone by Maloney all year. Riquelme was practically non-existant on the pitch and got shipped out in January. After a slow start Sandro came into his own in the middle of the season although his fitness left alot to be desired and Crosas kept up his consistent form of the previous season. Negredo was a very capable forward and created lots of chances although his lack of pace and composure was very obvious and Jo played well whenever he was needed, picking up the WPOTY award. The best player of my season however was definitely Milyvskyi who scored a massive 42 goals and wom games by himself at times.

I decided at the start of the season to start using the loan system alot to fill in spaces in my team so i could spend the money on long term quality. In the summer I only loaned Kevin Davies to be my fourth striker but he was a revelation for me. He was completely dominant in the air, had good build up play, filled in on the wings and scored a respectable 18 goals in all competitions, many of which were in very important games. Not bad for an old workhorse. In January I loaned Jermaine Jenas to cover Sandro's injures not expecting much of him. Well he stayed in the team for the rest of the season and was a great box to box player. I also brought Mark Wilson back on loan, ironic as he was my first ever sale. He filled in well for Misun and Caddis whenever I needed him. After selling Riquelme I replaced him with Van Der Vaart for a bargain £4.3m. He had a slow start in midfield but after I pushed him up front he started having moments of absolute magic.

As I said in my last update the season started slowly. Once i went back to my old formation we started playing great and ended up going the whole season unbeaten. We won the League Cup Final 5-0 against Rangers which was very satisfying. However, we went out of the Scottish CUp in the the quaters against Rangers after an awkward fixture list saw me play each leg of a Uefa Cup knockout game in between the match so i played the second team and lost 3-2 fter leading 2-0 with Lee McCullouch scoring a header in the last minute.

It was our European campaign that really made our season though. We started in the Champions League Group Stages with Arsenal, Sporting Lisbon and Rosenborg. Lost both game sagainst Arsenal and Sporting and beat Rosenborg twice so we got knocked into the Uefa Cup. We beat Everton 3-3 on aggregate in an even game to scrape into the last 16. Here we had Schalke who thrashed us at their place but we then did the same to them at ours with Kevin Davies scoring a header in the last minute to send us through. In the quaters we had Zenit Saint Petersburg. We had an even game in Russia and got a good 2-1 lead. The drama started at our place when they scored twice to put them in a good position. Milevskyi scored an absolute screamer to put us back in front on aggregate but then got himself sent off for smacking their player and got banned for the rest of the competition. Then Burdisso got injured with all of my subs being used which left a nervy 15 minutes where we were mauled by them but Joe HArt somehow kept us out and we went through. In the semi's we got Bayer Leverkusen. A boring 1-1 at their place and a goal from Jo at ours got us into the final and against Barcelona. They scored and offside goal in the third minute and then battered us for the rest of the game with us only having a few dangerous counters. We won a corner in the 89th minute and Davies scored a great header to get us level. Then with 3 minutes added on they kept the ball until the last few seconds, Xavi played it through to Bojan and it all ended right there.

Starting the summer now and will see how the new season goes with the imminent arrival of Hernanes :)

FM2010 RECORDS THREAD

Originally posted by southsidecelt

BIGGEST WIN: 13-0

Proof - DKB

BIGGEST WIN IN EUROPE: 10-0

Proof - brown1888

BIGGEST WIN AGAINST RANGERS: 12-0

Proof - Kirkham88

MOST GOALS IN A MATCH BY ONE PLAYER: Milevskyi

Proof - DKB

MOST GOALS IN A SEASON (PLAYER): Jo

Proof - McGougan33