FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same formation as real life mate. Flat back 4, a DM, 2 MC, 2 wingers and a lone striker.

i supose it could be argued that Ancelotti have also played narrow diamond and 4-3-2-1 x-mass three from time to time, in todays game it looked very much like the later IMO with chelseas narrow attack unable to penetrate city

but lets not get to carried away with irl football and back on topic, if thats the formation im even more impressed, would be great if you could upload it so i could take a better look, have been working on the same formation for quite some time, but it have never produced anything quite like your team have

i supose it could be argued that Ancelotti have also played narrow diamond and 4-3-2-1 x-mass three from time to time, in todays game it looked very much like the later IMO with chelseas narrow attack unable to penetrate city

but lets not get to carried away with irl football and back on topic, if thats the formation im even more impressed, would be great if you could upload it so i could take a better look, have been working on the same formation for quite some time, but it have never produced anything quite like your team have

Yeah we lacked creativity and a spark today and no one had a good game, it was so frustrating to watch!

My tactic is simple as pie i just set mentality to attacking and play, once ive built a lead up i switch to control and drop tempo and width. Thats my tactic, i havent fine tuned it.

Just curious as to how you play Malouda as a CM as I always wondered how to play him in FM10 but never managed Chelsea before.

I played Malouda as winger, never once a a CM?

Yeah we lacked creativity and a spark today and no one had a good game, it was so frustrating to watch!

My tactic is simple as pie i just set mentality to attacking and play, once ive built a lead up i switch to control and drop tempo and width. Thats my tactic, i havent fine tuned it.

I played Malouda as winger, never once a a CM?

thought you might have played him CM like last year

Hi guys, I'm just about to resume my Chelsea save after having not played for a few months. I did post a few updates on here before, but here is a recap. I'd just finished my second season, having surprisingly won the quadruple in the first and the domestic treble this time. I also secured the Club World Championship and European Super Cup. I play a 4-3-2-1 formation, with the fullbacks providing width. The tactic is very sound defensively but also gives me a lot of options going forward. It tends to lead to long spells of possession, before picking out the perfect ball. Anyway, this is my squad:

GK: Petr Cech - Matej Delac - US Regen

DL: Ashley Cole - Ryan Bertrand

DC: John Terry - Ricardo Carvalho

DC: Christian Zapata - Danny Wilson

DR: Andreas Beck - French Regen

MCl: Frank Lampard - Yoann Gourcuff

MCd: Michael Essien - Michael Ballack

MCr: Jon Obi Mikel - Leroy Fer

AMCl: Mesut Ozil - Gael Kakuta

AMCr: Sergio Aguero - Joe Cole

ST: Didier Drogba - Romelu Lukaku

I have £35M in the bank and the board has given me up to £75M to spend. Franck Ribery is joining on a free in the summer, probably meaning that Kakuta will get fewer games. Ashley Cole is unhappy and wants a new challenge, he has two years left on his contract, so I made be forced to sell soon. Bertrand wasn't quite up to the task, so I'm going to let him go. Therefore, I need a new leftback! I was looking at Domenico Criscito, but he is joining Juventus. Beck can play there for now and I have another fantastic English regen who can cover for him at rightback. I would like to sign another midfielder too, Ballack and Lampard are aging and Mikel and Essien will be at the ACN for part of this season. I'm looking at Lee Cattermole, he looks like a very good team player and being English is a bonus. I will probably send Fer on loan until January so that he can get some games under his belt.

I don't intend on spending a great deal as the squad is successful and I would like a new stadium at some point. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Hi guys, I'm just about to resume my Chelsea save after having not played for a few months. I did post a few updates on here before, but here is a recap. I'd just finished my second season, having surprisingly won the quadruple in the first and the domestic treble this time. I also secured the Club World Championship and European Super Cup. I play a 4-3-2-1 formation, with the fullbacks providing width. The tactic is very sound defensively but also gives me a lot of options going forward. It tends to lead to long spells of possession, before picking out the perfect ball. Anyway, this is my squad:

GK: Petr Cech - Matej Delac - US Regen

DL: Ashley Cole - Ryan Bertrand

DC: John Terry - Ricardo Carvalho

DC: Christian Zapata - Danny Wilson

DR: Andreas Beck - French Regen

MCl: Frank Lampard - Yoann Gourcuff

MCd: Michael Essien - Michael Ballack

MCr: Jon Obi Mikel - Leroy Fer

AMCl: Mesut Ozil - Gael Kakuta

AMCr: Sergio Aguero - Joe Cole

ST: Didier Drogba - Romelu Lukaku

I have £35M in the bank and the board has given me up to £75M to spend. Franck Ribery is joining on a free in the summer, probably meaning that Kakuta will get fewer games. Ashley Cole is unhappy and wants a new challenge, he has two years left on his contract, so I made be forced to sell soon. Bertrand wasn't quite up to the task, so I'm going to let him go. Therefore, I need a new leftback! I was looking at Domenico Criscito, but he is joining Juventus. Beck can play there for now and I have another fantastic English regen who can cover for him at rightback. I would like to sign another midfielder too, Ballack and Lampard are aging and Mikel and Essien will be at the ACN for part of this season. I'm looking at Lee Cattermole, he looks like a very good team player and being English is a bonus. I will probably send Fer on loan until January so that he can get some games under his belt.

I don't intend on spending a great deal as the squad is successful and I would like a new stadium at some point. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I would sign Jack Rodwell and Gareth Bale, Jack Rodwell is fantastic for me in midfield and Gareth Bale has been fantastic for me too.

Haven't had the internet much recently, and probably won't for a bit, but I'm still going wth my game. I think I'm in November or so, and have lost three games in the league, including a 4-1 spanking against Man City, winning the rest, and progressing safely from my Champions League group. Also through three round of the Carling Cup, which is what I am most proud about as I've purely played my reserves/backups/U18s and beaten Liverpool, Cardiff and Man Utd.

Anyway still following this thread, will update in a week or so, maybe longer.

I am in Janurary 2012 and have been offered the Real Madrid job but i have asked them for a delay untill after euro 2012 and they have accepted and i don't know weather to take it or not.

As a massive chelsea fan i am finding it very hard to come to a chelsea but i usually stay as chelsea manager throughout my careers on the game so i think a change might be good.

Opinions please.

Did u win all the things with chelsea if so take the real job but if you have an uncompleted thing to do stay there

In my first season i did the league and fa cup double, last season i won everything: the champions legue, the league, fa cup and the carling cup. This season i have won the european super cup and the club world championship and am in final of carling cup but lost fa cup third round to birmingham city my worst game to date. Also am top of league by 12 points and just about to play Ajax in the 1st knockout round of champions league.

I have sat down and worked out players that i would bring me if i was to go, I would take: Aguero, Sneijder, Rodwell and Essien with me and would like to bring in other players as well because i think the team needs better central defenders as well as central midfielders not attacking or defensive just normal MC's to play in my diamond formation so was thinking maybe buying cesc from arsenal what do you think?

I am in Janurary 2012 and have been offered the Real Madrid job but i have asked them for a delay untill after euro 2012 and they have accepted and i don't know weather to take it or not.

As a massive chelsea fan i am finding it very hard to come to a chelsea but i usually stay as chelsea manager throughout my careers on the game so i think a change might be good.

Opinions please.

Save it at this point as a separate file, go to Real Madrid and if you get bored, come back to the Chelsea save!

I'm still playing the Chelsea game that I started a while ago, although I'm pretty preoccupied atm so I'm only half way through the first season. Think I'm top by about 7/8 points or so, crashed out of the Carling Cup to Tottenham (they played a full strength side, but so did Liverpool and Man Utd who I beat with the kids). Still in the FA and ECL though.

Been using McEachran, Kakuta, van Aanholt, Bruma, Sturridge and Stoch a lot, and they seem to be developing really well, which is the main aim of this game.

Hi guys, been busy away playing my Chelsea file of course. Clocked about 47 days 8 hours on it.

So anyway, yeah...in season 27/28 and I've found myself with 27 games played, 27 games won. I don't want to get ahead of myself but this is very close to getting a perfect season. I'll be sure to let you know if I mess it up.

It would be a great feat. mostly for my two main stars. Carlao (midfielder god; I'm sure he has the highest CA/PA for his generation)

and Stefanovic; the best striker in my game, not from attributes but from his goals and average ratings(and the awards that follow)

He trounched Dzeko's all time league scoring record and is still racking them up as he reaches 256 goals(309 apps). Add in all competitions and he's on 392(471 apps) right now. Aged 33 and club captain. Such a well rounded striker.

It's difficult to define their formation because Malouda and Anelka seem to drift quite a lot, although one thing for certain is that Anelka most definitely is not a winger. I wouldn't even really class Malouda strictly as a winger either as he seems to play more centrally to allow space for Ashley Cole to attack down the left.

It's difficult to define their formation because Malouda and Anelka seem to drift quite a lot, although one thing for certain is that Anelka most definitely is not a winger. I wouldn't even really class Malouda strictly as a winger either as he seems to play more centrally to allow space for Ashley Cole to attack down the left.

Malouda plays as a winger, he may drift in every now and then when linking up with Ashley Cole but that doesn't mean he doesn't operate as a winger. As for Anelka, i think he's more of an inside foward than a winger.

• 2 weeks later...

Lads could someone please help us with my chelsea team before I crack up I cant seem to score many goal, im dominating teams creating 20+ chances a game scoring very few goals if none at all, while they have 4 odd shots and score. I have a quality team but just cant make it work, I play 4-1-2-1-2 and want to keep this formation because of the players I have, so any help and tips would be greatly appricated and probably save my sanity, thanks.

gk- Cech

DL auto- cole

DR auto- srna

DCl cover-chiellini

DCr stopper-Terry

DMC ancor-Mikel

MCl BOX 2 BOX- Essian

MCr deep lying support-Lampard

AMC Advanced attack-ozil

ST deep lying forward attack-hulk

ST target man attack-drogba/Cardoza

I play fluid and attacking football

Jeff you could do a lot of small things to try and make your team better going forward.

For a start, reduce everyone's long shooting to rarely, if you haven't done that already. Then try reducing tempo and increasing width and time wasting to more than you would normally have it.

You could also make your full backs more attacking, as they're your main source of width in the side. Also push Lampard into a more attacking role and give Drogba a role that will give him more creative freedom.

Well I don't use the player roles thing anymore, I set it up using the sliders, so I don't really know the difference. Playing with two strikers you'd typically want one dropping deep to create/hold the ball up and one playing off the shoulder of the defence, and Lampard should also be getting into the box a lot with Ozil staying a bit deeper as the pure creator. So maybe just those two and the full backs on attack is fine.

I'm looking for a quality player to slot in the left wing, after scouting a few targets, i just happen to notice that Ozil and Ribery are both available for 25mil each while Modric is available for 23mil which is well within my means. I'm stuck for choice who to acquire, any recommendation would surely help thanks.

I did it! Woo!

Season 27/28 marks a perfect season. I can win FA Cup and CL as well, have to play them. This could have been a clean sweep of trophies if I hadn't lost League Cup. Oh well, always next season! (I bet I'll lose the first game)

Archived