FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

Second season over.

European Super Cup - lost (to Fiorentina)

Club World Championship - won (against Estudiantes)

League Cup - won (against Manchester United)

Premier League - won (2nd place Man City, 3rd place Man Utd)

FA Cup - won (against Fulham)

Champions League - won (against Bayern)

A few observations:

a) I can't win at White Hart Lane. 2 consecutive defeats and counting. Not much love coming from my fans afterwards...

b) The bright spot was that I've turned Man Utd into my bitch this year:

4-0 and 4-1 in Premier League

3-0 in League Cup Final

4-0 in FA Cup Semifinal

and, of course, the best ones in the CL semifinals. In the first leg, they demolished me 3-0. In the second one, I scored the 4-0 goal in the 121st minute. Needless to say, redcafe.net still curses my name. :)

Basic team: Cech - Bosingwa, A. Cole, Terry, Carvalho - Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Gourcuff - Dzeko, Drogba. Subs: Delac, Ivanovic, Alex, Zhirkov, Hamsik, Veloso, Anelka, Lukaku.

Pretty happy with my tactic but this year I have to resolve my defence. While the purchase of Lukaku assured me of a Drogba replacement, Cole, Terry and Carvalho are big, big problems if they begin to devolve... And I don't want to spend big (so no Sakho) because I want a new stadium, damn it...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

I am currently in 2017 on my Chelsea save and thought i would share my record:

Champions League winners 2013, 2014, 2017

Runners up 2012, 2016

Premiership winners 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Runners up 2012

Third 2010

FA Cup winners 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Runners up 2011

Super Cup winners 2013, 2014

World Club Champions 2013, 2014

League Cup winners 2013, 2016

Community Shield 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (yet to play 2017 against Arsenal)

Runners up 2010

Reserve League winners 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017

Runners up 2010, 2016

Under 18 winners 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Moved to The Drogba Arena in 2015 capacity 57513........currently in 2017 another 3500 seats being added

When i started the save, i wanted to pick a current player from the reserves and stick with him, no matter what. I chose Di Santo, i loaned him out everywhere, tutored him with everyone and picked a special training routine for him. Currently he has now played 276 games, scored 196 goals and has 128 assists, as a target man, current estimated value is £18m.

Best cheap signing i made are:

Gourcuff (free)...........sold him 3 seasons later for £20m

Hamsik (free)

Dzeko (free)

Best Premiership season ive had was 2016

played 38

Won 34

Drew 4

Lost 0

Goals for: 136

Against: 28

I want an arena! :(

Btw, at the start of the three season, I haven't bought anyone famous, just two young regens, a Russian DL and a very versatile English DC/DMC/MC. I sold Malouda to Bolton and Turnbull to PSG. I'll have the same eleven as I had at the start of 2009 and I hope I can attain a bit of form. I'm weary, though, the first match of the season, the Charity Shield, was lost so I'm guessing it will be very hard to win some silverware this year.

I want an arena! :(

Btw, at the start of the three season, I haven't bought anyone famous, just two young regens, a Russian DL and a very versatile English DC/DMC/MC. I sold Malouda to Bolton and Turnbull to PSG. I'll have the same eleven as I had at the start of 2009 and I hope I can attain a bit of form. I'm weary, though, the first match of the season, the Charity Shield, was lost so I'm guessing it will be very hard to win some silverware this year.

No worries mate, thats how we started the current season IRL

Finally torn myself away from my Huddersfield save to start a save with my beloved Chelsea on Metal Guitarists update, ive turned transfers off in the first window and wont be loookin to make and transfers for the first 2 seasons. I also made a few changes to the Database using the editor,

Bruma, Kalas, PVA and Clifford were all given -9 PA's

. I think that was all.

The first thing i done was terminate Wilkins contract as hes useless at a pricey cost of 1.2 mill and promoted Demichiellis to the Ass Man role, Ian Howell and Adrian Viveash also left while Paul Winsper, Marco Rota, Franco Baldini, Manuel Delgado Meco, Di Salvo and Julio Tous were brought in.

I will be playing the 4-5-1 weve become so accustomed to and lining how you would expect:

1st XI

GK: Petr Cech

DR: Bosingwa

DC: Ivanovic

DC: Terry

DL: Cole

DM: Mikel

MC: Essien

MC: Lampard

AMR: Anelka

ST: Drogba

AML: Malouda

2nd XI

GK: Hilario

DR: Ferriera

DC: Alex

DC: Bruma

DL: Zhirkov

DM: Essien

MC: Ramires

MC: Benayoun

AMR: Kalou

ST: Sturridge

AML: Kakuta

Hot Prospects:

Clifford

McEachran

Van Aanholt

Matic

Kalas

Delac

Prosenik

Bruma

Tore

Ill be looking to involve all those players over the next few years, hence no transfers for 2 seasons.

Just making my way through pre-season now, will update when i hit Jan :thup:

Cheers el sid

May aswell do a mini update, ive played 5 games so far:

Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea (United win 3-2 on pens) we both took 6 pens each and we could only convert 2 of them!

Chelsea 5-0 Fulham - Anelka 11, 20 Drogba 40, 63, 76

Bolton 0-3 Chelsea- Anelka 35, Drogba 52, Essien 83

Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle - Drogba 4, Lampard 48, Malouda 73

Blackpool 0-4 Chelsea - Sturridge 9, 37, Anelka 52, 69

First real test is after the International break, Arsenal at the Bridge.

Not surprisingly i have been drawn in a Champions League group with Real Madrid, typical eh? Dinamo Kiev and Salzburg fill the other 2 slots.

Just hit Jan and we are absolutly cruising all competitions so far, unbeaten in the League, unbeaten in Europe and havent actually tasted defeat yet (except for a penalty loss to United in the Community Shield).

Squad Stats

wphtd.png

Drogba just won the following awards:

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

European Striker of the Year

Super Frank won the following:

European Midfielder of the Year

Runner up in World Player of the Year

Runner up in European Footballer of the Year

Petr Cech won:

European Goalkeeper of the Year

And all 3 were selected in the World Team of the Year! Safe to say we cleaned up!

Clifford, Kakuta and Bruma have all been solid when called upon, especially Kakuta. Just gave young Josh his full debut and he set up a goal and got an 8.9 rating.

EPL

wwlws5.png

Bit of a walk in the park really so far, only Spurs and United have been able to hold us both earning 1-1 draws at their home grounds, City was the the other team to breach our defence in a 3-1 victory.

Carling Cup and FA Cup

Im into the Semis of the CC where ill face Man City. Everton is my next game in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Champions League

I cruised my group with ease even though Real Madrid were in it, i beat them 2-0 away and spanked them 4-0 at the Bridge. Inter Milan wait in the 1st Knockout Round!

Metal Guitarists mate :thup:

AHHHH why does there always have to be a downside to something brilliant? Spanked City 4-0 in CC 1st leg, but Malouda gets injured and is out for 2 months! Kakuta will have to step up and he does, the boys brilliant just scored the only goal in a tight 1-0 win over Newcastle. I had completely forgot about the African Cup of Nations, thankfully Anelka is back from injury, i hope the squad can cope!

just started a chelsea save just because iv never done it before and they have a really small squad this season as im using update

lacking CB's, really only alex and terry as irl ivanovic isnt used there

midfield is thin with only one injury not much cover

and 3 out and out strikers as kalou is meh more winger/wide forward

they are just very strong but short of numbers kinda like barca

Ivanovic is natural at CB and hes only been used at RB due to Bosingwas injury, central defence is still very strong despite Carvalhos departure. Donmt forget about Bruma who can turn out brilliant.

Midfield is only lacking at DM with no real back up to Mikel. Ramires, Essien, Lampard and Benayoun are all good for CM.

I would agree however that we are lacking up front, Anelka and Kalou are brilliant on the right, Kakuta and Malouda on the left is also very strong. A good back up for Drogs is needed if your not willing to put your faith in Danny Sturridge.

Good luck mate :thup:

Just hit Jan and we are absolutly cruising all competitions so far, unbeaten in the League, unbeaten in Europe and havent actually tasted defeat yet (except for a penalty loss to United in the Community Shield).

Squad Stats

wphtd.png

Drogba just won the following awards:

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

European Striker of the Year

Super Frank won the following:

European Midfielder of the Year

Runner up in World Player of the Year

Runner up in European Footballer of the Year

Petr Cech won:

European Goalkeeper of the Year

And all 3 were selected in the World Team of the Year! Safe to say we cleaned up!

Clifford, Kakuta and Bruma have all been solid when called upon, especially Kakuta. Just gave young Josh his full debut and he set up a goal and got an 8.9 rating.

EPL

wwlws5.png

Bit of a walk in the park really so far, only Spurs and United have been able to hold us both earning 1-1 draws at their home grounds, City was the the other team to breach our defence in a 3-1 victory.

Carling Cup and FA Cup

Im into the Semis of the CC where ill face Man City. Everton is my next game in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Champions League

I cruised my group with ease even though Real Madrid were in it, i beat them 2-0 away and spanked them 4-0 at the Bridge. Inter Milan wait in the 1st Knockout Round!

Wow! Looks like your having a great save there!

What formations/tactics are you using?

Ya i understand, its just in the update im using bosingwa and alex are injured and with only 2 defenders injured im completely stretched already :(

I know mikel is definately a DM IRL but in game he is rated as a better deep playmaker, he lacks aggression and bravery for a DM which IRL he has lots of aggro and bravery imo but u might know more about that than me

I have faith in sturridge no problems

luckily chelsea are a very large strong squad hence very injury resistant

Wow! Looks like your having a great save there!

What formations/tactics are you using?

I play a 4-5-1 with an attacking mentality, once ive built up a lead i switch to control and drop tempo and width to slow/narrow. Sometimes if im not controlling a game ill drop the tempo and width aswell and it seems to do the trick. The 4-5-1 does seem to struggle against other teams who play 4-5-1 though!

jdogg what formation will you be playing mate?

Ill be starting with 4-4-2 diamond

AMC lampard, i want his goals

MC's ramires, and still debating either essien or mikel as one will be my permanent DM

DM, only one option essien or mikel, cant afford to lose essiens influence in MC might just have to try mikel here to see if im happy with him, watch some of his performances see how he is doing, as for backup in DM??? dont know with belletti gone

I will play malouda like ancelotti does when he comes on/ starts i effectivly have to change formation to 4-3-3 either that or play him in AMC in lampard absence (heaven forbid)

Right so I'm starting my very own Chelsea save. I've updated all transfers for the Premier League and all major European transfers. I've also changed quite a lot of positional attributes to fit with how the players have been playing for Chelsea this and last season.

Also changed a few CA/PAs, like Bruma, Alex and Van Aanholt, and just CAs like Malouda and Kakuta all up slightly, Zhirkov's CA/PA I lowered a bit. None of the changes are that major anyway.

I'll be playing tactics and formation similar to real life, using 3 forwards, either as wide strikers (FR & FL) or wide attacking mids.

How do you play the defence? Like what roles and stuff do you have the fullbacks and centre backs on? Conceding only 3 goals in 20 games is brilliant!

Fullbacks are set to fullbacks support, and CB's set to centre back defend lol, nothing special and i havent changed any of the advanced settings

Ill be starting with 4-4-2 diamond

AMC lampard, i want his goals

MC's ramires, and still debating either essien or mikel as one will be my permanent DM

DM, only one option essien or mikel, cant afford to lose essiens influence in MC might just have to try mikel here to see if im happy with him, watch some of his performances see how he is doing, as for backup in DM??? dont know with belletti gone

I will play malouda like ancelotti does when he comes on/ starts i effectivly have to change formation to 4-3-3 either that or play him in AMC in lampard absence (heaven forbid)

Mikel will do you a job as a defensive midfielder mate dont worry. Ramires and Essien are brilliant as box to boxs. Ive always fancied buying Jack Rodwell for my future DM will cost about 15 m though.

Right so I'm starting my very own Chelsea save. I've updated all transfers for the Premier League and all major European transfers. I've also changed quite a lot of positional attributes to fit with how the players have been playing for Chelsea this and last season.

Also changed a few CA/PAs, like Bruma, Alex and Van Aanholt, and just CAs like Malouda and Kakuta all up slightly, Zhirkov's CA/PA I lowered a bit. None of the changes are that major anyway.

I'll be playing tactics and formation similar to real life, using 3 forwards, either as wide strikers (FR & FL) or wide attacking mids.

Look forward to your updates Joe :thup:

OMG my first game of the season at home to everton

go 1-0 up inside 10 minutes....at halftime im 1-3 down and every goal conceded is a header with the cross from arteta 2 headers to cahill and 1 to fellaini

gunna have to rough up arteta and try to injure him 2nd half STOP THAT SUPPLY

So because I did all my transfers myself, and the way I did them was to set them in the database as happening on 1st July 2010, when that date came around I was told that the Miro Stoch transfer to Fenerbahce couldn't be completed due to a limit of foreign players on Fenerbahce. That's my fault for not paying much attention to Turkey when updating, but it means I get to keep Stoch, which is great as I was totally against the transfer irl :) \o/

Just finished the first season and all though we walked the League, im sure Mr Abramovich still isnt too happy!

Transfers In

N/A

Transfers Out

Gokhan Tore - Loan

PVA - Loan

Carl Magnay - Loan

Jacob Mellis - Loan

Rhys Taylor - Loan

Daniel Philliskirk - Loan

EPL

20hsx1v.png

Carling Cup and FA Cup

We won the Carling Cup after beating Man United 1-0 in the final. Reached the semis of the FA Cup and narrowly lost to Spurs, we got our revenge however by smashing them 5-0 directly after this in the League!

Champions League

Cruised a group containing Real Madrid, Salzburg and Dianmo Kiev. Highlight was beating Madrid 2-0 away and 4-0 at the Bridge. We faced Inter Milan in the 1st knockout round losing 3-0 away, winning 3-0 at home and losing on penos!

Squad Stats

14xnpyo.png

Really happy with everyones performances, especially some of the younger guys like Jeffrey Bruma, Gael Kakuta and Connor Clifford--CLICK. Danny Sturridge was also impresive and hes been rewarded by picking up his first cap against Mexico!

Now onto the World Cup with the Ivory Coast, wish me luck!

Archived