Unable to sell players

hitmann

How is it possible to sell players when you get this message:

Player determined to stay

There haven't been any clubs willing to make an offer for Player.

Player's determination to see out his playing career at Club is a major contributing factor to the lack of interest from other teams.

He is 28 on my game, his value is 35m Euros, and I've tried his selling price at 15m Euros, but still getting the same news message and not a single team interested.

Offer him out for nothing. Then reject all the offers and negotiate to a more suitable price. But this feature is pretty stupid. Clubs will make an offer for a player if he is offered at a reasonable price because they shouldn't know what the player's feelings are. If they do, that's called tapping up.

I've checked Player Interaction, but there's nothing negative that can unsettle him.

This is what I've been able to do: set him as Transfer Listed, Not needed by club, Unavailable for loan, put him in Reserve Team, and lowered his asking price to 5m euros. Then I've offered him to clubs.

Result: I still get the same message as above.

What is going on here?

Go to his profile and then personal. If it says there something to the effect "Happy/looking to see out the remainder of his career with the club", then nothing you can do. Nobody will bid for him unfortunately. You can try to loan him out to an affiliate and see if that works. But I doubt even that'll help any tbh.

Who is this player you're talking about if you don't mind my asking?

• 1 month later...

I have a similar probelm m8. I got a couple of oldish players on free's and then tried to sell them for cash in the next window but no one wants to buy even though I lowered the asking price. I don't know for sure but in older versions of FM you could just keep fining the player 2 weeks wages for nothing which soon makes them want to leave lol.

It's virtually impossible to sell players you have only just signed in a previous transfer window. It very very rarely happens in real life so don't complain that you can't sell them in game. Seeing as they were free and and as you say ageing they can't be that interesting to possible suitors.

Offer him out for nothing. Then reject all the offers and negotiate to a more suitable price. But this feature is pretty stupid. Clubs will make an offer for a player if he is offered at a reasonable price because they shouldn't know what the player's feelings are. If they do, that's called tapping up.

that was working on fm09 and i do some great deals, here in FM10 its impossible to sell any single player for a good price

ok ive found better thing than offering to clubs, just put him on Transfer List

ive done a test saved game and tweaked game setting > asking price 30%

all players 54 from u21 and first team offer to clubs and...

NONE BIDS! huh ? ive got one of best team in leauge after buying all the nigerian players for cheap and got some polish still which i want to rid off

ok after putting on transfer list player bid came in 2 days :o which really made me thinking its really so hard? or maybe "not needed" players are selling for CHEAP! (all nigerians came for 0 some with next transfer profit)

maybe just not giving him Does not need will help ;)

Archived