FM09: Sheffield United Thread - The Blades

sheffield_united_badge02.gif

Sheffield United squad - start of patch 9.03

sheffieldunitedu.jpg

STAR PLAYERS

Mathew Kilgallon - A solid centre back, quick tall and can! tackle a mark, one of the best in The Championship

6matthewkilgallon.jpg

Nick Montgomery - You may not see but his tackling and marking are both 18, which is fantastic for championship level, he always works hard as well.

17nickmontgomery.jpg

Ok now to the club information!

Nation England

Year Founded 1889

Status Proffessional

Reputation National

Chairman Status Loves The Club

Legends None

Icons Brian Deane, Alan Kelly, Neil Warnock, Steve Bassett, Phil Jagielka, Michael Brown

Favoured Personel Paddy Kenny, Keith Edwards, Bob Booker

Fierce Rivals Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United

Other Rivals Barnsley, West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Rotherham

Finances Okay

Season Ticket Holders 19 000

Estimated Value 23m(25.3m debt)

Media Prediction 10th

Squad Personallity Determined

Captain Chris Morgan

Vice Captain Paddy Kenny

Transfers

Transfer Budjet: 2m, can be adjusted

Wage Budjet: 181k per week, again can be adjusted

These are my reccomended ins and outs of 9.3!

Who to buy

Martin Rowlands - QPR - 800k - A good buy, especially for center midfield, should partner Montgomery well.

Marek Sapara - Rosenborg - 1.2-1.8m - A fantasic centre mid, prem standard.

Andy Dorman - St.Mirren - 300-750k - A solid centre midfield

Stephen Appiah - Free Transfer - Free Transfer - A great centre mid, for profit or for prem!

Sergey Krivets - BATE - 500-850k - Champ/Prem solid centre midfielder, well worth the money

Brian Easton - Hamilton - 300k - Fantastic tackling, young as well, value for money

Emilliano Insua - Liverpool - Loan - Solid loan signing, very reliable

Marcin Wasilewski - Anderlecht - 180k - Most times transfer listed, a lot of wage but worth it

Olivier Deschast - Anderlecht - 120k - A personal favourite of mine, also most times transfer listed

Victor Irineu - Lecce - 100-300k - A great striker for championship sides

Jonathan Cristaldo - Velez - 210k-600k - A great young striker

Ryan McGowan - Hearts - 140 - 350k - Young and some nice stats

Robert Lewandowski - Legia - 900-1.2 - Young and reliable, he'll fire a lot of goals in

Alexey Smertin - Free Transfer - Free Transfer - Experienced solid defensive mid, will do well for a season

Who to Sell

Danny Webber - 180k - 900k - He's on a lot of wages so try to gain as much cash as possible

Ian Bennett - 0 - 40k - Get as much as possible, 2k wages can come in handy

Ugo Ehiogu - 0 - 80k - Hard to sell and not really needed

TIP: Ending Arturo Lupoli's loan spell could be effective, he's not amazing and 14k in wages back is very handy

Team Report

The assistant manager states that he is very pleased with the strength in depth of the squad and I agree, despite possesing a strong squad he feels the weakest area is in the centre of midfield, bring in some of the above mentioned, he feels we have the team to succeed, and I agree.

Expectations

The expectation really is to try and get promotion, which I agree it shouldn't be too hard, with some signings the premiership shouldn't be too far away.

The Challenge

Now most of us know that Sheffield United lost in this year's play off final, the challenge is can you take them that little bit further and beyond?

More Star Players

Kyle Naughton- One of the best Brittish youngsters, recently signed for Tottenham in real life!

30kylenaughton.jpg

Paddy Kenny - Recently failed a drug's test, but on FM he's a good championship goalie and has been for a while, wonder why?

1paddykenny.jpg

Darius Henderson - A goalscorer, he's got a great head on him and is helpful with his feet!

7dariushenderson.jpg

A bit of history

English Premier division

Winners - 1898

Runners Up - 1897, 1900

Coca-Cola Championship

Winners - 1953

Runner Up - 1893, 1939, 1961, 1971, 1990, 2006

Third Place - 1936, 1938, 1950, 1959, 2003

Coca-Cola League One

Runner Up - 1989

Third Place - 1984

Coca-Cola League Two

Winners - 1982

English Fa Cup

Winners - 1899, 1902, 1915, 1925(they beat Cardiff, grrr)

Runner Up - 1901, 1936

Threads of interest

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55626 -The Championship thread, a discussion, bargains, tips a fun!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106823 - Good Players 9.03, some bargains there.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57925 - Good players for under 1 million

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56294 - Same as above just 500k and under

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=86542 - Sheffield United project simplicity, by Cleon

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72604 - Some good players you can loan in here, useful!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=73534 - Players for premiership teams fighting for survuival, useful for whenever you arrive

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=104994 - Rags to Riches, you can make great profits with some of these

One last thing Can you help, I'd like to put the thread name in the link but I don't know how(instead of community.sigames etc), thanks.

Hope you enjoyed reading

Hmm, what I do is second division for France, Holland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal then Coca Cola League 2 and Scottish Third division, I'm not too sure where the best youth is just go on Forum links and go to one of the miscellanous youth threads and ask there.

Or just here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65432 - Best youth for compensation thread maybe

And this

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=113617 - Best teams for youth thread, best place to ask I think.

Transfer Target Focus

No.1: Marek Sapara

27mareksapara.jpg

Name: Marek Sapara

Club: Roseborg

Value: 975k

Sale Price: 1.2-1.8m

Position: C/AM Midfield centre

Nationallity: Slovakian

Marek Sapara is a solid player who can dominate championship games, he's got some great passing abillity on him and can hit the ball well. He comes in veru useful in dead ball situations as well as set pieces, for his price he's a must buy if you need a centre midfield. He's a solid replacement for Gary Speed when he retires. You can play a diamond if you like with Montgomery/Speed as a defensive midfielder and let Sapara attack, or of course play both at centre midfield.

Transfer Target Focus

No.2 Matej Rapnik

matejrapnik.jpg

Name: Matej Rapnik

Club: Bravo

Value N/A

Sale Price - 100 Percent abseloutely FREE

Position: Defender Left/Centre

Nationallity: Slovenian

For a free transfer it has to be worth it, 18 and a lot of potential. At the start of the game, quickly search him and approach to sign to offer him a contract, whether for profit or for prem this guy is very very useful. He could prove to be one of the bargains of your time in Football Manager. He's a good bench warmer if not starter from the start and turns out to be a lower prem player! He will do the job.

i cant help but lol at your manager's name... why oh why wouldnt you put a real name in?

also... im thinking of starting a game with the blades... ive always overlooked them but they have a big squad and lots of potential...

i think selling off the deadwood should give you enough cash to build an extremely good squad capable of winning the championship easily and go on to do well in the prem...

we'll see...

I'm Sheff Utd and I'm in my first season and I've done rather well, I'm 2nd at the moment, 40 games in and 80 points 2nd place 3 points behind reading. I got to the FA Cup 6th round and League Cup 4th. However, clubs such as Newcastle, Middlesborough, and even CHELSEA are in risk/have been in risk of losing their manager and my name has been mentioned to replace them. Should I try do my best with Sheff Utd or be rewarded with a role at Chelsea/Higher placed team?

What other players should I look to get rid of? I'm using the latest Weegie update.

Transfers In so far

Matej Rapnik - Bravo - Free

Stephen Appian - Free Transfer

Fabio - Man Utd - Loan

Nathanial Clyne - Crystal Palace £140K

Danny Welbeck - Man Utd - Loan

Hmm I guess I'll stay then :)

How you getting on then mate?

It's gone a bit quiet in here, suprised no one else is playing with the Sheff Utd they have a lot of potential to make them into a decent Premiership side.

Well done Sparky, what tactics are you using?

I'm using a 4 4 2 tactic team looks like this most the time

Bunn

Clyne Kilgallon Morgan Mattock

Cotterill Montgomery Howard Capoue

Lewandowski Evans

I'm 2nd in the league after 38 games fighting with Middlesborough and Newcastle for automatic promotion.

More to come...

End of Season Update

Sheff United back in the Premier League, a great season for the Blades and they will be playing Premiership Football next season.

Transfers

sheffutdtransfers.th.jpg

Squad

sheffutdteam.th.jpg

League Table

sheffutdleaguetable.th.jpg

I got knocked out of the FA Cup and League Cup by Tottenham in the 3rd round, not complaning about that though.

For next season my aim is to survive the drop and then build a decent enough squad to challenge in the Premier League.

Anyone got any player recomendations for my first season in the premiership?

End of Season Update

Sheff United back in the Premier League, a great season for the Blades and they will be playing Premiership Football next season.

Transfers

sheffutdtransfers.th.jpg

Squad

sheffutdteam.th.jpg

League Table

sheffutdleaguetable.th.jpg

I got knocked out of the FA Cup and League Cup by Tottenham in the 3rd round, not complaning about that though.

For next season my aim is to survive the drop and then build a decent enough squad to challenge in the Premier League.

Anyone got any player recomendations for my first season in the premiership?

Well done, Sergey Krivets is a great player, look for players whose contracts have expired first season on a free, good luck.

Cheers matey I will look at players on frees now, as I have spent all my budget I have a fairly stong squad now which should survive relegation.

Here are my transfers so far.

sheffutdtransfers.th.jpg

Any other players you think I should sign or sell?

Cheers

Cheers matey I will look at players on frees now, as I have spent all my budget I have a fairly stong squad now which should survive relegation.

Here are my transfers so far.

sheffutdtransfers.th.jpg

Any other players you think I should sign or sell?

Cheers

Some great signings there, well done, should be plenty of players whose contracts have expired and available on a free.

What do you think of Henderson, Howard a Cotterill, because if you think they're doing good well keep them but if they're average you might want to sell them, got some great money from Naysmith a Morgan there well done.

Im using Howard in the Premiership and hes doing great for me. I'm using Cotterill as a sub and he does well for me coming off the bench and Henderson might sell him in January now as I don't really use him.

Update to come over the weekend think you may well be suprised...

Archived