FM2009: Buying for Premier League relegation candidates

santy001

I think rather than having bits of sporadic knowledge in the threads of various teams - which takes eons to go through - the players of the likes of Hull, Stoke, West Brom, Bolton, Fulham, Wigan and Sunderland should perhaps pool their knowledge of tactics and suitable players and experiences alike.

The reasons for this are whilst theres player recommendation threads, they're recommending the best of the best (which none of these clubs can realistically get) or the bargain basement threads which again aren't up to the standard these teams need. Obviously some if not all these teams in the right hands can make mid-table safety, yet with a bit of adverse luck can be fighting the drop. So if moderators allow it hopefully we can all get collective insight lol.

One thing worth remembering is this isn't necessarily a bargain thread where players values have to be under a certain amount, but inevitably for those who are managing the lesser of these relegation threatened sides it will be cheaper players who get recommended.

Here's the format for how it should be, from Jams:

Player:

Club:

Value:

Lowest Price Available:

Wages needed:

Work Permit?:

Additional Information/Position:

Also, any tactical insight for the players, if you have found a way to get them performing amazing would be nice too.

Good idea to be honest.

Allow me to start it off with a player all of you know.

Vincent Enyeama / Goalkeeper / 50k

He will sign for anyone and allow you to sell your other backup keeping to bring in some much needed revenue.

Also a pretty solid keeper so can play first team or sit on the bench and remain happy.

Got good experiences with Enyeama myself. A good veteran defender if you have Russia &/or Ukraine loaded up is Sergey Shtanyuk. Can be signed for about 80k and is good, only requires a low wage and because players dont age so badly on this one.

Player: Sergey Shtanyuk

Club: Rostov

Value: 40k

Lowest Price Available: 80k

Wages needed: 1.9k

Work Permit?: Needed - should get due to still being a belarus internatonal

Additional Information/Position: DLC - due to his pace he won't make a very good left back but has been a solid centre back for me putting in headers from corners too.

Yep, good idea for a thread but maybe ask for a better layout like some of the other recommendation threads.

Some thing like:

Player:

Club:

Value:

Lowest Price Available:

Wages needed:

Work Permit?:

Additional Information:

Player: Fredrik Ljungberg

Club: Seattle

Value: 14k

Lowest Price Available: 14k

Wages needed: 6k

Work Permit?: Not needed

Additional Information/Position: AM R/L also can play M R/L and is a good cheap left/right winger for the sides without a decent one for the first season.

Ljungberg is good, but his pace is only something like 12 which means he isn't the greatest of wingers anymore, so to be effectively used I found he needed a more attacking mentality, this kept him further up the pitch and more able to put crosses and balls into the box.

Also Karl which team did you sign Gudjohnsen with btw? He would be a great deal for many of the teams listed but I think Stoke, West Brom and Hull would have difficulties getting him in.

Player: Marco Zambelli

Club: Brescia

Value: Can't remember

Lowest Price Available: Around 1.5m at season start

Wages needed: 5 - 7k

Additional Information/Position: Despite possessing pace and the ability to play out wide it does seem Zambelli is better suited to central or defensive midfield roles. Not entirely sure why, but he was barely noticable on the flanks for me, but a great player in the middle.

Player: Andriy Rusol

Club: Dnipro

Value: Can't remember

Lowest Price Available: Free (contract expires in December)

Wages needed: Around 10k

Work Permit?: Needed - should get on appeal.

Additional Information/Position: Rusol is a great defender but easily unsettled, he is worth getting in on the basis he is free and a couple of seasons on you can sell him on for a tidy profit once he begins to throw a strop about something.

Player: Jean-Claude Darcheville

Club: Rangers

Value: unknown

Lowest Price Available: £350k

Wages needed: £7k p/w

Additional Information: Great goal scoring striker but only relly for 1 season but at that cost it doesn't matter, also available for loan (no fee or wages) for a season, which i did with my stoke game!

I can vouch for Darcheville being good for the first season, and still being a good squad player the second season. He bagged about 20 goals for me in 2 seasons before he retired, doesn't sound a lot but when you're fighting at the bottom of the table they do make a huge difference.

If your managing English club outside the Premier League and don't have alot of money then your best option is to look on the transfer list and get some scout reports on a number of players and if they're good enough then get them on loan.

Player: Juan Angel Albin

Club: Getafe

Value: £4m (circa)

Lowest Price Available: £1.5m

Wages needed: £15k p/w

Additional Information: He is a first team regular at Getafe, but at the end of the first season they seem to have a clear-out of players and offer them out quite cheaply (offered out 5 or 6 players on my game and they weren't relegated) and this guy is a great winger and has been attracting interest from Man Utd and Chelsea recenty on my game.

Player: Peter Masilela

Club: Maccabi Haifa

Value: 250k

Lowest Price Available: £250k

Wages: £5k p/w, if I remember correctly when I bought him.

Work Permit?: Needed, but granted.

Additional Information: Excellent left back, good enough for any club outside of the big four to be fair.

Playing as Fulham, and only signings I have made so far, and making alot of difference are:

Player: Ugur Yildirim

Club: Free at Start

Value: Free to sign, worth £3.2m now

Lowest Price Available: Free

Wages needed: paying him £14,500

Work Permit?: No

Additional Information/Position: Complete bargin and can play AMR and FC.

Player: Diego Tristan

Club: West Ham

Value: £300,000

Lowest Price Available: £300,000

Wages needed: £16,000

Additional Information/Position: Very big bargin, ideal for 1 season when you need someone to cover, currently has 6 in 5 for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Juan Pablo Angel

Club: New York Red Bulls

Value: ?

Lowest Price Available: Free (Contract up in December i think) If not would imagine he would be quite cheap. Also if you have MLS loaded he will be on free from start of season.

Wages needed: 14K ?

Additional Information/Position: not actually signed him my self but managed to bag a few for the Baggies. has good finishing and experience of the premier league due to his time at Villa.

Player: Daniel Aquino

Club: Murcia

Value: £300,000

Lowest Price Available: £350,000

Wages needed: N/A

Additional Information/Position: Amazing Youngster, Becomes a wonderkid, Often Transfer Listed by Murcia, Already capable of playing in the Prem.

Player: Marco Zambelli

Club: Brescia

Value: 1m?

Lowest Price Available: Got him for 1.2m

Wages needed: 10,000 ish

Additional Information/Position:DM and DR can play CM, decent backup player.

Player: Fabricio Fuentes

Club: Villareal

Value: N/a

Lowest Price Available: 180k

Wages needed: 20k

Work Permit?: no

Additional Information/Position: Brilliant for a season or two, CB, really solid, has been a rock for me in my first season at sunderland.

Player: Volodymyr Yezerskiy

Club: Shakhtar

Value: n/a

Lowest Price Available: 900k

Wages needed: Can't remember but was reasonable

Work Permit?: Needed and given

Additional Information/Position: SW DRC - Best in the centre, not the youngest but good for 2 years at lower Prem level.

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Dorian Goian

Club: Steaua

Value: £825,000

Lowest Price Available: £825,000

Wages needed: £7,500 - £12,500 p/w

Additional Information/Position: DC - Very good DC, solid for a good few seasons, been a rock at the back for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Only just joking. Probably better in English than me anyway. Out of interest, where is he from if it is not his native language?

Belgium, the Flemish part.

And you really need to learn how to speak to people, that was completely out of order and didn't come across as a joke at all.

Anyway, lets not discuss this anymore, keep the thread as it should be.

Player: Manuel Ruz

Club: Hercules

Value: 1-2m?

Lowest Price Available: about 2m

Wages needed: not sure

Additional Information/Position: DR - Brilliant player and consistent. Best available for his price. His stats will improve a lot also which is rare for a 23 year old.

Heres him after two seasons at 25...still improving.

ruz.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Player: Mota

Club: Seongnam

Value: 1m

Lowest Price Available: 1 - 1.5m

Wages needed: I got him for 12k

Additional Information/Position: Looks like a great player across midfield, and can even go upfront if needed.

Archived