FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

Originally posted by KiyoharuX:

Completed my first even season in FM08 with liverpool. Using 4-1-3-1-1 after trying serveral tactics.

Major signing: De Silvestri & van der Vaart

Team of the year:

GK-Reina

DL-Insua (Riise was out with broken leg most of the season)

DR-Finnan (De Silvestri was INE for Euro competitions)

DC-Agger & Carragher

DM-Alonso

MLC-Babel (Players' young player of the year)

MC-Gerard

MRC-Benayoun

AMC-van de Vaart (Fans' player of the year/Footballer of the Year/Top Goalscorer)

FC-Torres (Players' Player of the year)

BPL-1.jpg

Here's some highlights of my season icon_biggrin.gif

6-2manu.jpg

5-1che.jpg

4-1ars.jpg

3-0eve.jpg

2-1che.jpg

5-5ars.jpg

3-2bar.jpg

With Babel, Gerrard & Benayoun I was wondering whether any of them have arrows and whether they're attack minded ?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your league win KiyoharuX. Some good results there too. A clean sweep.

What kind of system are you playing? I know some people have been struggling to get a front 2 to gel. Not been a problem for me. All 4 have chipped in with their far share. Although I've not reached xmas yet.

Originally posted by adamc81:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Igor_Biscan:

Going into the last day of the season. The table reads

Arsenal 81 +48

Liverpool 81 +45

Man U 81 +41,

Couldnt be more exiting...

Or could it I am away to Arsenal. If i win the league is mine. Unless Man U can win and close down the 4 goals away at already relegated 19th place Sunderland.

I am scared i dont want to play haha

That sounds like some game, congrats. Always better when its a tight run thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lost 2-0 but Man U lost as well so I finnished 2nd. Arsenal done the double, they lost to Chelsea in the CL final as well.

Selling quite a few players Arbeloa, Alonso, Hyypia, Aaritalo so should have a big pot to play about with. Signing Alex and Barigan.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Igor_Biscan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamc81:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Igor_Biscan:

Arsenal 81 +48

Liverpool 81 +45

Man U 81 +41,

Or could it I am away to Arsenal. If i win the league is mine. Unless Man U can win and close down the 4 goals away at already relegated 19th place Sunderland.

That sounds like some game, congrats. Always better when its a tight run thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lost 2-0 but Man U lost as well so I finnished 2nd. Arsenal done the double, they lost to Chelsea in the CL final as well.

Selling quite a few players Arbeloa, Alonso, Hyypia, Aaritalo so should have a big pot to play about with. Signing Alex and Barigan.

Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't sell Alonso he's immense

hi guys!

With Babel, Gerrard & Benayoun I was wondering whether any of them have arrows and whether they're attack minded ?
-bruffell06

Gerrard mentality on 13, left benayoun and babel on normal. benayoun play much better on the right although he is AMRLC. sometimes i put aurelio on the MLC to play defensive.

What kind of system are you playing? I know some people have been struggling to get a front 2 to gel. Not been a problem for me. All 4 have chipped in with their far share. Although I've not reached xmas yet.

I read up informations from the tactics forum and credits to rashidi1. one particular post that i follow most of what he said and tweak it depending on ur players and match situations.

I play with tight marking, counter attack and offside. Slow tempo, narrow width, short pass(except the 3 MRLC)and slightly above normal Dline.

Wingback - mentality just above defensive and do overlapping run to support the attack.Closing in own half(8).

DC- it's clear that their duties is to defense.Closing in own area. Go up for corners as they have the best heading attributes in the team.

DMC- Mentality left it on 10. close in own half.

MLC/RC- Mentality normal, closing in own half(13) and alot forward run.

MC- Mentality just below attacking. Do alot of forward run and dribbling. Close in own half.

AMC- Mentality at 17. Much creativity. Alot forward run and through balls.

FC- Metality just above normal. Alot forward run

Still trying to figure out a gd corner set piece, and my defensively not really solid.

Thats almost all from my tactics.

Hopefully by may you will be lifting the trophy and tell us more icon_wink.gif

hi there kiyoharuX,where did you get your little team logos from and team kits?whats the website please!

bruffell06 is right, but only some of them are from fmglive. fmvita too.

Originally posted by ellis123:

Who do i sell, alonso or mascherano....????

i'm using mascherano now as my dmc as alonso wanted new challenge icon_mad.gif

but mascherano is a great passer too, high tackling , gd mental and physcial attributes, not much to complain about except he's not a gd header of the ball(poor jumping)

Hopefully by may you will be lifting the trophy and tell us more icon_wink.gif

Cheeky! I'm still unbeaten in the league in 3rd 2 points off Arsenal who are top. Not conceded many but not taking as many chances as I would have liked. Seem to be drawing too many games at home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ellis123:

Who do i sell, alonso or mascherano....????

i'm using mascherano now as my dmc as alonso wanted new challenge icon_mad.gif

but mascherano is a great passer too, high tackling , gd mental and physcial attributes, not much to complain about except he's not a gd header of the ball(poor jumping) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had to keep one it would be Mascherano. I love Alonso but Mascherano has been immense for me breaking up play in front of the back 4. Letting Gerrard get forward and scoring goals.

Cheeky! I'm still unbeaten in the league in 3rd 2 points off Arsenal who are top. Not conceded many but not taking as many chances as I would have liked. Seem to be drawing too many games at home.

nice since you are still unbeaten in the league. my first defeat for my first season come as early as the 3rd game against man u by a goal icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by bruffell06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamc81:

Arsenal 81 +48

Liverpool 81 +45

Man U 81 +41,

Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't sell Alonso he's immense </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Had no choice really he wanted a new challenge

hey guys hows it goin i started off as celtic and then midway through the third season i was offered this liverpool job i managed to steer them from 12 to 3 and won the fa cup and champs league both on penalties the squad i have inherited is

---------------Reina-------------------

bocaly-----agger------carragher---insua

--------------Mascherano--------------

pennant-------gerrard----------babel

---------torres------kuyt/huntelaar

i have only signed VDV on a free and Doni as a back up also on a free.

I have 48 mil to spend after the sale of sissoko and antwi plus my budget and was wondering who should i offload as i have bulk of liverpools original squad and who should i bring where i am lacking.

Thankyou

Originally posted by rabcfc4eva:

hey guys hows it goin i started off as celtic and then midway through the third season i was offered this liverpool job i managed to steer them from 12 to 3 and won the fa cup and champs league both on penalties the squad i have inherited is

---------------Reina-------------------

bocaly-----agger------carragher---insua

--------------Mascherano--------------

pennant-------gerrard----------babel

---------torres------kuyt/huntelaar

i have only signed VDV on a free and Doni as a back up also on a free.

I have 48 mil to spend after the sale of sissoko and antwi plus my budget and was wondering who should i offload as i have bulk of liverpools original squad and who should i bring where i am lacking.

Thankyou

see if you could get silva or sergio ramos from their release clauses, i got them both for 31m but that was in the 3rd season. Try and get Quaresma and maybe a lb Cassani?

Results Update

December

League

Liverpool 2 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Torres, Gerrard

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Liverpool

Torres, Babel

Liverpool 0 - 0 Reading

Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool

Torres

Sunderland 2 - 2 Liverpool

Torres, Crouch

Liverpool 3 - 0 Derby County

Gerrard, Alonso, Kuyt

League Cup Qtr. Final

Liverpool 3 - 2 Sunderland

Babel 2, Torres

European Cup Group G

Levski 0 - 1 Liverpool

Alonso (Gerrard sent off)

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I need a midfielder.Alonso is out for 5 months(3months left)with a broke leg,Lucas is out for a month and Mascherano is out for 2 months.I play a 4-2-3-1 formation so the midfielder has to be a good defence stats.I have 13m to spend.

I recommend Veloso, i got him for about 7.7m hes a good solid DMC- you could try Banega but he's not that defensive he's more creative- others you could look at: De jong, cana and makoun

I need a midfielder.Alonso is out for 5 months(3months left)with a broke leg,Lucas is out for a month and Mascherano is out for 2 months.I play a 4-2-3-1 formation so the midfielder has to be a good defence stats.I have 13m to spend.

Do you still have Sissoko? Lucas has been injured for me too & in the League Cup I've used Jay Spearing as a DMC. he's done ok. As has Plessis. Maybe try to get someone on loan. On my other save as Aston Villa I have Otti from Bayern Munich on loan as he's been excellent. I personally wouldn't buy anyone knowing the others wil be back in a few months. That's just me though.

1 more question should I buy Lucho Gonzalaz for 13m?

A little bit too much I think. He's only worth £4.5m on my save. He does have good stats but it's a lot of money which you don't really need to spend. I'd try to get someone on loan for the time being and see what happens.

Time for my highlights again~ icon_wink.gif

I was focusing too much on playing the game (3rd season now) and forget abt the screenshot in 2nd season. icon_frown.gif

Anyway 2nd season include some high scoring big games:

2-1 Arsenal (Charity Shield)

3-0 Man U (First Match of EPL) icon14.gif

4-2 Chelsea

4-1 Arsenal

5-1 Barcelona

2-0 Boca (Club World Champs Final)

2-0 Blackburn (League Cup Final)

2-0 Chelsea (F.A Cup Final)

3-3 Valencia but managed to win by pens! CL Champs once again!

Of cos i did lost (in the league and CL) and drew matches along the way. Still working my way to perfection but my players refuse to do so icon_razz.gif

Here's my tactics and player for season 3

tactics.jpg

Any comments on my current team?

Highlights from first half of season 3. (Dec 09)

4-1ars-1.jpg

3-0acm.jpg

5-2che.jpg

3-0ars.jpg

5-1eve.jpg

Now i'm leading EPL with 49pts. 2nd Arsenal 42pts. 3rd Chelsea 35pts.

Anyway i'm offered by Czech to be their manager and i had brought them into WC2010. But there's some poor draw along the way. Isn't working as great as my liverpool team. Feeling my tactics are just not right for Czech.

That's all for now icon_smile.gif

Alrite fellow red men and other club supporters. Ive decide not to quit my first Liverpool game on fm 08 till Im in the top 10 for the wordlwide Hall Of Fame. October of my 2nd season after winning the prem and champs league in my first, heres my squad

GOALKEEPERS

Jose Manuel Reina

Scott Carson

Charles Itandje

DEFENDERS

Rafinha (10m)

Miguel Torres (8.25m)

Emiliano Insua

John Arne Riise

Gareth Barry (9m)

Micah Richards (27m)

Jamie Carragher

Daniel Agger

MIDFIELDERS

Steven Gerrard

Matias Fernandez (10m)

Ryan Babel

Hatem Ben Arfa (4.5m)

Rafael Van Der Vaart (18m)

Lucas Leiva

Javier Mascherano

STRIKERS

Fernando Torres

Dirk Kuyt

Javier Saviola (19m)

Julio Baptista (Loan)

Obviously I got rid of playerss to fund a lot of this, Alonso to AC Milan (25m), Sissoko to Inter (17m), Crouch to Pompey (9m), Vornin to Villareal (4m), Finnan to Reading (2.5m), Aurelio to Palermo (4.6m), Pennant to Man City (4.5m), Arbeloa to Zaragoza (3m), Hyypia to Real Madrid (1m), Harry Kewell to Pompey (2m), Vincent Kompany (bought Summer 07 / 08 for 13m, sold Summer 08 / 09 to AC Milan for 22m)

was just wondering is someone who is 3 or more years into a liverpool season could post some screenshots of pacheco,amoo,babel and lucas.and any other of the promising youngsters in the reserves and u18's.is spearing worth keeping?i have a soft spot for scousers and want him to do well.im in march in my first season

Originally posted by woolfc:

Sorry to pop up again, any know how much you actually have to pay to sign Daniel Alves (Sevilla) and Karim Benzema (Lyon), last tried 33m for Alves and 22m for Benzema

cheers

i guess it differs from game to game.. for my game 2nd season alves went for 14 mil . even tho put i na bid for 16 mi lthey rejecteed me icon_frown.gif damnsey

benezema woa, thatsa tough one perhaps 15 mil and above as he is quality

I don't belive this but I just got sacked.I'm top of the table by 13 points with 12 games left to go.Won the carling cup(beat Chelsea 3-0 in final).I'm still in the fa cup and still going strong in the ECC.The fans like all my signing and I've made no ultamiums.If anyone using the patch I highly recommed uninstall it now.

what!!! thats ridiculous..what was the reason given? man the patch has really screwed the game over..darn..hope its a one off incident

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I don't belive this but I just got sacked.I'm top of the table by 13 points with 12 games left to go.Won the carling cup(beat Chelsea 3-0 in final).I'm still in the fa cup and still going strong in the ECC.The fans like all my signing and I've made no ultamiums.If anyone using the patch I highly recommed uninstall it now.

what!!! thats ridiculous..what was the reason given? man the patch has really screwed the game over..darn..hope its a one off incident </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was no reason the board and fans were pleased and it really p*sses me off because I have 50m to spend and was going to buy Serigo Aguieo.

Just started my first season with Liverpool

Sold

John Arne Riise £10m

Mohamed Sissoko £9m

Bought

Vincent Enyeama £1m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Antonio Barragan 475k

Michael Owen £9.75m

then purchased a few up and coming stars

Toni Kroos 500k

Marko Marin £2m

Oier Olazabal 230k

Frederic Duplus 230k

Henri Saivet 375k

Omar Benzerga 240k

John Bostock 180k

Carlos Saez 190k

Lauri Dalla Valle 30k

Eden Hazard 210k

Vincent Acapandie 300k

Emilio Nsue 575k

Genero Zeefuik £1m

still have 25m to spend

playing 4-4-2

Reina

Barragan

Carragher

Agger

Arbeloa

Pennant

Gerrard

Alonso

Babel

Torres

Owen/Kuyt

doing quite well but seem to have loads of goals ruled out for offside?

What players do i need to really stride onto the Holy Grail

Originally posted by ijlane:

Just started my first season with Liverpool

Sold

John Arne Riise £10m

Mohamed Sissoko £9m

Bought

Vincent Enyeama £1m

Sergey Ignashevich Free

Antonio Barragan 475k

Michael Owen £9.75m

then purchased a few up and coming stars

Toni Kroos 500k

Marko Marin £2m

Oier Olazabal 230k

Frederic Duplus 230k

Henri Saivet 375k

Omar Benzerga 240k

John Bostock 180k

Carlos Saez 190k

Lauri Dalla Valle 30k

Eden Hazard 210k

Vincent Acapandie 300k

Emilio Nsue 575k

Genero Zeefuik £1m

still have 25m to spend

playing 4-4-2

Reina

Barragan

Carragher

Agger

Arbeloa

Pennant

Gerrard

Alonso

Babel

Torres

Owen/Kuyt

doing quite well but seem to have loads of goals ruled out for offside?

What players do i need to really stride onto the Holy Grail

Breno,Van Der Vaart and Mathiz Fernandez are must buys.

I'm in 4th season and things getting really well in competitions and transfer market.

This is the best ever squad i have in fm08!

GK-Reina

DR-E.Ratinho

DC-S.Ramos, Carragher

DL-Insua

DM-Gerrard

MRC-Fabregas

MC-van der Vaart

MLC-L.Messi

AMC-S.Aguero

FC-Torres

Originally posted by Lvpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

How much do you think I should ask for for Alonso?

i got 35million for Xabi in january </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh gutted, I sold him for £10 million before the start of the season icon_frown.gif...anyone know how to get decent money for kewell?

Originally posted by profii:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fab_Cesc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by profii:

well I am trying the diamond so I can utilise Gerrard in his 'preferred' position, who seems to be really effective compared to FM07

the only problem is with Gerrard so forward, it does start to leave a bit of a gap between him and the DMC, so I like to use someone like Mascherano or Sissoko as opposed to Xabi Alonso who is perhaps more of a play maker than a ball winner...

I have my team instructions on go down both flanks and I have my wing backs with attacking mentalities to get the ball up those flanks with (hopefully) 3 players in the box to get it in.

I guess we have a similar idea OST, it appears to stop us loosing but sometimes I am drawing games I think I ought to win.

I would recommend you trying a "small" diamond in midfield, using a DMC and a MC instead of a DMC and AMC.

Give the MC a farrow either to the AMC spot or, as I'm playing right now, a farrow to the FC spot.

He will then be very offensive but still act like a midfielder, helping to leave a smaller gap between your midfielders.

Right now I'm playing a 4-3-3 with a MC having a farrow to the SC spot, and he's my current topscorer with 5 goals in 4 matches.

Diablo/Scramjet anyone? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah i am experimenting with free role at the moment but it doesnt really seem to help, i think 'small diamond' is probably the next test, although gerrard is 'swapping' with the strikers and getting right in the box so i am reluctant... worth a go though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the 4-1-2-1-2, was very succesful with that on FM´07. One thing I could never decide was whether to use sarrows on the strikers or MF´s. Rotating that seemed to confuse the opposite team sometimes. How do you use Babel in this formation?

Sold xabi for 14mil, sold riise for around 10mil. sold off el zhar for really cheap. sweet goal he just scored in the league cup eh?

got in:

Renato Augusto 9mil

Miguel Veloso 9mil

Mamadhou Sakho 550k

Issiar Dia 3.9mil

struggling abit, my tactics are kinda hit and miss.

Torres is not performing at all for me, he got injured and when he came back he just cant hit a barn door.

Overall my team is performing rather averagely.

Originally posted by Riziger:

Sold xabi for 14mil, sold riise for around 10mil. sold off el zhar for really cheap. sweet goal he just scored in the league cup eh?

got in:

Renato Augusto 9mil

Miguel Veloso 9mil

Mamadhou Sakho 550k

Issiar Dia 3.9mil

struggling abit, my tactics are kinda hit and miss.

Torres is not performing at all for me, he got injured and when he came back he just cant hit a barn door.

Overall my team is performing rather averagely.

whats your formation and best 11?would be goo to know your squad and team instructions

Archived