NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed on the website that John has been given points for winning the Intertoto Cup. I don't want to start an arguement or something but to me that sounds really weird. As far as I know, the Intertoto Cup isn't an independent cup, it is considered by Uefa as part of the Uefa Cup. Firstly, because there isn't a cup winner, there are three winners. And secondly, because the Toto Cup is a way of teams qualify to the Uefa Cup.

It's just that is not fair for the other managers that someone gets points for winning the last round of Intertoto. Given that, it's better to finish the league in 9th or 10th position and go to the toto cup and probably get some managerial points there than finishing 5th or 6th in the league and qualify directly to the Uefa Cup.

All my consideration for John's career in Intertoto, but I just had to say this.

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

I'm glad to see that my assistant Damiano is a good student. Though I couldn't be there last session he managed to keep us on top of the table. Now I'm looking forward to meet my wonderful squad again and continue our title chase. icon_biggrin.gif

See you all tomorrow night.

COME ON FULHAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitehart:

Hi,

Yes I agree I shouldn't get points for winning the inter-toto.

Oh and HL7 keep digging that hole icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, this is what I thought too but we had a discussion about it and some thought you should get points for it. I'll just remove the points now then icon_razz.gif

Someone congrat Mackem for his 500th clan post ! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and we don't discuss mirc rooms here, that's classified ! icon_mad.gif

It's the host who emails everyone with that info. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MACKEM:

Re-arrange these words HL7 _SCOT CHIP SHOULDER HIS ON WITH A_ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Are we on nwcm tomorrow or nationswide? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Steve icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scot? Chip? Shoulder? His? On? With? A?

nope, you lost me icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

Worst. Session. Ever.

I started off ok with a 2-0 victory over Liverpool which made me a little bit more confident, but what followed was a 4-0 hammering from Kev's W.B.A, and then Nuno's Fulham ripped me to peices in a 4-1 mauling, my consolation coming from the spot.

It was after this match that i decided that the writing was on the wall so to speak, and I resigned as manager of West Ham United. I will be looking to stay in the clan with another team as it is a great clan and the members are fantastic icon_smile.gif

Hopefully nobody will offer me a job and i'll be able to join as one of the top teams in divison one icon_biggrin.gif

The break will do me good, I had run out of ideas at West Ham, and my enjoyment of the game was really suffering, in fact, I think I spent more time swearing than anything else icon_redface.gif

See you all next session icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It was after this match that i decided that the writing was on the wall so to speak, and I resigned as manager of West Ham United. I will be looking to stay in the clan with another team as it is a great clan and the members are fantastic icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!! That is so sweet icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif You must have forgot that I am a member though, you ugly twat icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HL7:

Worst. Session. Ever.

I started off ok with a 2-0 victory over Liverpool which made me a little bit more confident, but what followed was a 4-0 hammering from Kev's W.B.A, and then Nuno's Fulham ripped me to peices in a 4-1 mauling, my consolation coming from the spot.

It was after this match that i decided that the writing was on the wall so to speak, and I resigned as manager of West Ham United. I will be looking to stay in the clan with another team as it is a great clan and the members are fantastic icon_smile.gif

Hopefully nobody will offer me a job and i'll be able to join as one of the top teams in divison one icon_biggrin.gif

The break will do me good, I had run out of ideas at West Ham, and my enjoyment of the game was really suffering, in fact, I think I spent more time swearing than anything else icon_redface.gif

See you all next session icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear about that Mike. icon_frown.gif

Now the funny part :

"Sheffield United has appointed Michael Gormley as their new manager"

You always have big surprises when you're on holiday. icon_biggrin.gif Good luck in Div 2 icon_biggrin.gif

I'm writing this while playing the session, so it's a quick update :

*Fulham ruling the PL 1st place unbeaten after 13 games played. icon_biggrin.gif

*Middlesbrough are 2nd chasing us and showing that Jone is really a good manager. icon_rolleyes.gif

*W.B.A. is surprising with their 4th position. Kev's the man ! icon_smile.gif

*Steve's Sunderland are apparently running for Europe being 9th at the moment. icon_cool.gif

*Sheff Wed is being very inconsistent atm, John is still trying to gel all his recent signings. icon_redface.gif

*Alex is on holiday but his assistant knows the job. They're currently 4th and are heading for promotion. icon_eek.gif

*Sam is on holiday as well and Portsmouth are Div2 leaders on their way back to Div1. icon_razz.gif

*Finally Aston Villa started to win games since Mike resigned. icon_biggrin.gif

More detailed reports after the commercials icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

I'm writing this while playing the session, so it's a quick update :

*Fulham ruling the PL 1st place unbeaten after 13 games played. icon_biggrin.gif

*Middlesbrough are 2nd chasing us and showing that Jone is really a good manager. icon_rolleyes.gif

*W.B.A. is surprising with their 4th position. Kev's the man ! icon_smile.gif

*Steve's Sunderland are apparently running for Europe being 9th at the moment. icon_cool.gif

*Sheff Wed is being very inconsistent atm, John is still trying to gel all his recent signings. icon_redface.gif

*Alex is on holiday but his assistant knows the job. They're currently 4th and are heading for promotion. icon_eek.gif

*Sam is on holiday as well and Portsmouth are Div2 leaders on their way back to Div1. icon_razz.gif

*Finally Aston Villa started to win games since Mike resigned. icon_biggrin.gif

More detailed reports after the commercials icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean West Ham win games again right? icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif You stupid old git icon_wink.gif

Last Thursday my clan mates played a session that I couldn't attend and now that I have the txt file this is how my assistant Cristian Damiano did :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

23.8.03 Walsall H Premier Division 1:1 19693 Saha

6.9.03 Sheff Wed A Premier Division 3:1 35175 Moukoko, Saha, Ashton

11.9.03 Shakhtar-2 UKR A UEFA Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1 2:0 27132 Mendonça, Dabizas

14.9.03 Liverpool H Premier Division 4:0 19262 Livermore 3, Mendonça, Saha, Moukoko

20.9.03 W.B.A. A Premier Division 3:2 26206 Tomasson, Saha 2

25.9.03 Shakhtar-2 UKR H UEFA Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2 2:1 12946 Zetterberg, Duff

28.9.03 Southampton H Premier Division 1:0 19301 Mendonça

</pre>

Can't say he did a bad job. icon_smile.gif Most notable achievments were beating whitefart's Sheff Wed 3-1 at Hillboro and beating kevbest's W.B.A. 3-2 at the Cottage. Not forgetting the Liverpool 4-0 trashing, of course icon_biggrin.gif We also passed Uefa 1st round with 4-1 agg against Shaktar.

TONIGHT'S SESSION

After 20 games unbeaten, tonight's session ended with a defeat at Wolves. It was 0-2 and I reckon that was fair cause we played shíte icon_biggrin.gif . But before that I had a very impressive run with 9 wins and 1 draw in 10 matches : icon_smile.gif

1.10.03 Leeds A Premier Division 3:2 35642 Kaluzny, Mendonça, Saha

11.10.03 Leicester A Premier Division 5:0 22513 Saha 3, Mendonça, Tomasson

16.10.03 Dnipro UKR A UEFA Cup 2nd Rnd Leg 1 4:1 29082 Saha 2 (1 pen), Zamora, Kerr

19.10.03 Ipswich H Premier Division 1:0 20255 Kerr

27.10.03 West Ham A Premier Division 4:1 34981 Saha, Mykland, Kerr, Legwinski

30.10.03 Dnipro UKR H UEFA Cup 2nd Rnd Leg 2 2:1 12926 Harbuzi, Rommedahl

2.11.03 Arsenal H League Cup 3rd Rnd 1:0 10986 Kerr

8.11.03 Tottenham A Premier Division 2:0 36202 Mykland, Zetterberg

15.11.03 Man Utd H Premier Division 1:1 25586 Saha

20.11.03 Rosenborg NOR H UEFA Cup 3rd Rnd Leg 1 4:1 18117 Saha, Mendonça, Moukoko, Rommedahl

23.11.03 Wolves A Premier Division 0:2 26704

26.11.03 Sunderland A League Cup 4th Rnd --- -----

1.12.03 Chelsea H Premier Division --- -----

4.12.03 Rosenborg NOR A UEFA Cup 3rd Rnd Leg 2 --- -----

</pre>

Best moments were beating Mike's West Ham 4-1 at their own ground icon_biggrin.gif and kicking Arsenal out from the League Cup.

We also moved a step forward towards Uefa Cup 4rd round after defeating Rosenborg (H) 4-1.

These are my best players so far :

================================================================================================

2003/4 Senior Club Stats

================================================================================================

No Name Apps Gls Con Pens Asts Yel Red MoM Av R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Chiotis, Dionisis 19 0 14 0 0 0 0 0 7.37

15 Kaluzny, Radoslaw 12 (2) 2 0 0 6 2 0 1 7.64

11 Kerr, Mark 15 6 0 0 6 2 0 4 7.87

22 Mendonça 18 6 0 0 6 0 0 4 8.06

8 Moukoko, Tonton Zola 8 (7) 4 0 0 1 0 0 1 7.40

6 Mykland, Erik 8 (1) 2 0 0 4 1 0 0 7.33

20 Saha, Louis 19 15 0 1 (1) 2 0 0 3 8.11

32 Said, Ibrahim 16 0 0 0 2 7 1 1 7.44

10 Zetterberg, Pär 6 (1) 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 7.29

</pre>

We are 6 pts ahead of Middlesbrough and the fight will be hard for sure. Can't wait for next session ( Sunday hopefully ). icon_smile.gif

Here is my report on the session just played

Well tonight was excellent for my W.B.A. side as we managed to move well up the table and make it into the league cup quarter finals icon_biggrin.gif

Results & Scorers

Date Opposition Ven Competition Res Attend Scorers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.10.03 Arsenal A Premier Division 0:3 38400

11.10.03 Ipswich A Premier Division 3:0 29976 Petrov pen, Tiko, Pahars

18.10.03 West Ham H Premier Division 4:0 28642 Tiko, Williams 2, Diego Alonso

25.10.03 Southampton A Premier Division 0:0 32212

29.10.03 Southampton H League Cup 3rd Rnd 2:1 14830 Forlán, R.Williams

2.11.03 Leicester H Premier Division 4:2 27699 Tiko 2, Forlán 2

10.11.03 Sunderland A Premier Division 2:1 44207 Forlán 2

15.11.03 Wolves H Premier Division 8:0 29285 Petrov 2 pens, Pahars, R.Williams 2, Tiko 2

Forlán

19.11.03 Q.P.R. A League Cup 4th Rnd 3:2 12065 Forlán 2, Pahars

23.11.03 Chelsea A Premier Division 1:1 39616 R.Williams

</pre>

As you can see I have been in the best from of my Managerial career. I started off the session very badly going down to a good Arsenal team 3-0 and it as a very convincing 3-0 they were not 1 bit lucky. I then had to get the lads up for the next game against Ipswich it was not going to be easy but I knew the lads wouldn't let me down. We strolled into a 3-0 taking just 30 mins to do so once we had the lead we never looked back and took the game 3-0. Then came a great team in West Ham(HL7) I knew it wasn't going to be easy no matter how far down the league he was. We kicked off and straight away it was West Brom pressure and throughout the whole match West Ham only had 1 or 2 attacks and I easily won the game to my delight. a tricky away trip to Southampton followed and I wasn't too confident of victory here either. This proved to be a game of very few chances with the chances available being wasted. We then had to face the same side again at home this time and they seemed like a different team as we out played them and easily took a 2-1 win and a place in the 4th round of the Worthington cup icon_smile.gif I was also delighted to see that Forlán was among the scorers getting only his second of the season having play 5 games. Next up were the fighting club of Leicester. we outplayed them the whole game yet they just wouldn't give up and just as I though they were going to make it 3-3 we added a 4th goal and yet again Forlán was on the score sheet yet this time he had banged in 2 for the baggies icon_biggrin.gif . Makem and his Sunderland team were next up. Jone predicted before the game that I was going to lose (I agreed) once the game had started to my delight we started playing well and took the lead through the ever-impressive Forlán. The same man the netted a second then my computer went mental and the game froze so I didn't get to see the rest of the game although Sunderland managed to get one back through Iverson to give us a nervous last 10 minutes. We were then back at the Hawthorns for the Black Country derby against Wolves. This was to prove to be my best game of the session and we out played them for 90 minutes taking the game 8-0. They had a man sent off when the game was at 4-0 this was just before half time I managed to add the 5th just before the break icon_biggrin.gif Forlán was on the score sheet yet again and he was starting to repay the £5m that I paid Middlesbrough for his services. Then came another Game I missed and my assistant took over. I managed to win the game 3-2 after being 2-0 up at h/t I was disappointed with my assistant for conceding the 2 goals and letting down my impressive defensive record. Next up was a visit to Stamford Bridge and a game against high flying Chelsea. The first half was even and with Chelsea managing to take one of their chances going in at h/t winning 1-0. We came out in the second half a different team and managed to get a 1-1 when we dominated and had the chances to take the game but unfortunately couldn't do it. Well as I said this was my best session in the clan and I hope for more good performances as my next 2 games are Tottenham(H) and Man Utd(A) so they are not going to be easy.

My top performers

Player Played Scored Assisted MOM Average rating

David Prutton 17 1 0 1 8.00

Diego Forlán 11(2) 9 3 3 8.08

Stilian Petrov 18 5 6 2 7.83

</pre>

As you can see Prutton has to be the best bargain this season as i picked him up for just £900k also Forlán has proved to be well worth the £5m i payed for him. I got Petrov last season and he has settled down even more and is a key figure in the middle of the park. Also worth saying the Tiko is my second top scorer with 7 and Williams is just behind him with a cool 6 goals icon_cool.gif

League table

************************************************************************************************

English Premier Division - Monday 24th November 2003

************************************************************************************************

2003/4 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Fulham 14 4 2 0 11 2 7 0 1 23 9 35

2nd Middlesbrough 13 3 0 2 6 4 6 2 0 25 12 29

3rd Man Utd 15 6 2 0 23 9 2 3 2 7 7 29

4th Chelsea 15 5 2 1 14 5 2 4 1 8 7 27

5th W.B.A. 15 4 1 2 23 7 3 4 1 9 7 26

6th Arsenal 13 5 1 0 12 1 2 3 2 6 9 25

7th Leeds 12 4 1 1 8 3 2 2 2 11 13 21

8th Sunderland 14 4 1 3 14 11 2 2 2 6 7 21

9th Wolves 14 3 3 1 9 9 2 3 2 9 16 21

10th Tottenham 14 3 2 3 19 17 2 2 2 14 13 19

11th Liverpool 14 2 5 0 10 8 2 1 4 9 15 18

12th West Ham 15 3 2 3 8 7 2 1 4 5 11 18

13th Blackburn 15 2 5 1 15 12 1 3 3 4 7 17

14th Sheff Wed 15 3 1 3 11 13 1 2 5 7 16 15

15th Leicester 15 3 2 3 13 17 1 1 5 4 16 15

16th Newcastle 14 3 1 3 14 11 1 1 5 7 17 14

17th Ipswich 15 3 2 3 6 8 0 2 5 4 11 13

18th Southampton 15 2 4 1 8 8 0 1 7 4 13 11

19th Walsall 15 2 1 4 9 10 0 2 6 8 18 9

20th Charlton 14 2 1 4 10 12 0 0 7 4 19 7

</pre>

That was my attempt at a league table hope it works out ok

Well c ya all next session although i bet something has gone wring and i have to sort it out. icon_wink.gif

Kev icon_cool.gif

told you something would go wrong i think i know why it is doing it now though so i should be able to sort it out next time. Here is the text that should be there

As you can see I have been in the best from of my Managerial career. I started off the session very badly going down to a good Arsenal team 3-0 and it as a very convincing 3-0 they were not 1 bit lucky. I then had to get the lads up for the next game against Ipswich it was not going to be easy but I knew the lads wouldn't let me down. We strolled into a 3-0 taking just 30 mins to do so once we had the lead we never looked back and took the game 3-0. Then came a great team in West Ham(HL7) I knew it wasn't going to be easy no matter how far down the league he was. We kicked off and straight away it was West Brom pressure and throughout the whole match West Ham only had 1 or 2 attacks and I easily won the game to my delight. a tricky away trip to Southampton followed and I wasn't too confident of victory here either. This proved to be a game of very few chances with the chances available being wasted. We then had to face the same side again at home this time and they seemed like a different team as we out played them and easily took a 2-1 win and a place in the 4th round of the Worthington cup icon_smile.gif I was also delighted to see that Forlán was among the scorers getting only his second of the season having play 5 games. Next up were the fighting club of Leicester. we outplayed them the whole game yet they just wouldn't give up and just as I though they were going to make it 3-3 we added a 4th goal and yet again Forlán was on the score sheet yet this time he had banged in 2 for the baggies icon_biggrin.gif . Makem and his Sunderland team were next up. Jone predicted before the game that I was going to lose (I agreed) once the game had started to my delight we started playing well and took the lead through the ever-impressive Forlán. The same man the netted a second then my computer went mental and the game froze so I didn't get to see the rest of the game although Sunderland managed to get one back through Iverson to give us a nervous last 10 minutes. We were then back at the Hawthorns for the Black Country derby against Wolves. This was to prove to be my best game of the session and we out played them for 90 minutes taking the game 8-0. They had a man sent off when the game was at 4-0 this was just before half time I managed to add the 5th just before the break icon_biggrin.gif Forlán was on the score sheet yet again and he was starting to repay the £5m that I paid Middlesbrough for his services. Then came another Game I missed and my assistant took over. I managed to win the game 3-2 after being 2-0 up at h/t I was disappointed with my assistant for conceding the 2 goals and letting down my impressive defensive record. Next up was a visit to Stamford Bridge and a game against high flying Chelsea. The first half was even and with Chelsea managing to take one of their chances going in at h/t winning 1-0. We came out in the second half a different team and managed to get a 1-1 when we dominated and had the chances to take the game but unfortunately couldn't do it. Well as I said this was my best session in the clan and I hope for more good performances as my next 2 games are Tottenham(H) and Man Utd(A) so they are not going to be easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

Well Kev if you have a solution for that missing text everytime we post coded text, I'd like to know what is. Thanks. icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not what is wrong with what i am doing it is something else icon_biggrin.gif

Jone can u please change the site as i noticed that you have put on the transfer scroll bar that i got Pahars and £1m off Sheff Wed for Roberts when it was sunderland. Site is looking great though hope that you update it soon so that i can go explore and the picture thing i will try and sort out as my friend has a web-cam that i might be able to use icon_smile.gif . Well lads look forward to next session just hope my team can hack it against the Big Boys of the Premiership.

Kev icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevbest:

Jone can u please change the site as i noticed that you have put on the transfer scroll bar that i got Pahars and £1m off Sheff Wed for Roberts when it was sunderland. Site is looking great though hope that you update it soon so that i can go explore and the picture thing i will try and sort out as my friend has a web-cam that i might be able to use icon_smile.gif . Well lads look forward to next session just hope my team can hack it against the Big Boys of the Premiership.

Kev icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to add that i have signed Richie Partridge for £1m + £2m after 50 League apps and what a star the young lad is icon_biggrin.gif

Kev icon_cool.gif

Actually this is the urrent league table!! You are only 3 points ahead of me icon_biggrin.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> ************************************************************************************************

English Premier Division - Monday 24th November 2003

2003/4 Table

1st Fulham 14 4 2 0 11 2 7 0 1 23 9 35

2nd Middlesbrough 13 3 0 2 6 4 6 2 0 25 12 29

3rd Man Utd 15 6 2 0 23 9 2 3 2 7 7 29

4th Chelsea 15 5 2 1 14 5 2 4 1 8 7 27

5th W.B.A. 15 4 1 2 23 7 3 4 1 9 7 26

6th Arsenal 13 5 1 0 12 1 2 3 2 6 9 25

7th Leeds 12 4 1 1 8 3 2 2 2 11 13 21

8th Sunderland 14 4 1 3 14 11 2 2 2 6 7 21

9th Wolves 14 3 3 1 9 9 2 3 2 9 16 21

10th Tottenham 14 3 2 3 19 17 2 2 2 14 13 19

11th Liverpool 14 2 5 0 10 8 2 1 4 9 15 18

12th West Ham 15 3 2 3 8 7 2 1 4 5 11 18

13th Blackburn 15 2 5 1 15 12 1 3 3 4 7 17

14th Sheff Wed 15 3 1 3 11 13 1 2 5 7 16 15

15th Leicester 15 3 2 3 13 17 1 1 5 4 16 15

16th Newcastle 14 3 1 3 14 11 1 1 5 7 17 14

17th Ipswich 15 3 2 3 6 8 0 2 5 4 11 13

18th Southampton 15 2 4 1 8 8 0 1 7 4 13 11

19th Walsall 15 2 1 4 9 10 0 2 6 8 18 9

20th Charlton 14 2 1 4 10 12 0 0 7 4 19 7 </pre>

This session was quite good for me icon_smile.gif I played many cracking matched with scores like in a basketball game icon_biggrin.gif . In the first game I beat Southampton 1-0 which wasn't really that good. Next up was the mighty Wolves, it was a real firecracker game which ended in a 7-2 win to ME icon_razz.gif

My only loss of the season cam against Chelsea at home, and all I can say is that I don't like it at all icon_mad.gif I also drew a game against Blackburn 3-3. Rest of the games I won and I can't be arsed to put put the scores here now but I can say that I am in the quarter in the league cup after winning two games playing my reserves.

I am currently lýing 2nd in the league, 3 points behind Nuno so I am confident I'll challenge for the title this season icon_smile.gif

Hi Mates,

nice to see you had a good session! I'm looking forward to meeting you next time!

FAO. Jonathan - Matey, tell me please whether or not you can load our game? I'd like to join it and to see how my assistant did when i was on holiday. If it's impossible send me then some txt files, please.

P.S. When our next session? I'd love to play either today or tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Sheffield United has appointed Michael Gormley as their new manager"

You always have big surprises when you're on holiday. Good luck in Div 2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FÚCK! icon_eek.gif

I think God hates me icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

Anyway, it should be a good challenge, but i'll need to do some T&T for about 20-30 minutes before the start of our next session icon_smile.gif

Could we play tonight or tomorrow, i'm in the mood for it now icon_smile.gif

and could someone post or send me text files of Sheffield United's squad and transfers etc. so I know what i'm working with icon_smile.gif

Listen mates...

Sam suggested one day that if there is not enough players for the current session we may start a new game just for this case. If there are 3-4 players we can play this game instead of the main.

Are you interested to start a new game today?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheToffeeman:

Listen mates...

Sam suggested one day that if there is not enough players for the current session we may start a new game just for this case. If there are 3-4 players we can play this game instead of the main.

Are you interested to start a new game today?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike just confirmed that he'll play so it looks like we have a game tonight icon_smile.gif

Here is my update on another great session as my West Brom team are looking better and better as the season goes on.

Results & Scorers

Date Opposition Ven Competition Res Attend Scorers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29.11.03 Tottenham H Premier Division 1:1 28627 Partridge

7.12.03 Man Utd A Premier Division 1:2 64005 Kamouna

10.12.03 Sheff Wed H League Cup Qtr Final 0:2 28659

15.12.03 Blackburn H Premier Division 3:0 29263 R.Williams, Pahars, Forlán

20.12.03 Walsall H Premier Division 2:1 28179 Tiko, Williams

27.12.03 Middlesbrough A Premier Division 1:0 32973 Kamouna

30.12.03 Charlton A Premier Division 4:0 19316 Diego Alonso 2, Tiko, Williams

</pre>

Well as I said it was a great session for me winning 4 drawing 1 and losing just 2. That doesn’t sound as good as the session actually was I started off well with a good team performance where I should have got more but 1-1 is ok. I then was hoping to cause a upset against Man Utd I took the lead but they got the victory even though I out shot them 9 to there 5. Then came the low point of the session losing 2-0 to Sheff Wed (John) I was out played and congratulations to him as he deserved to win. My next 2 home games I knew I needed Maximum points to keep my dreams of Europe alive. They ended up being 2 comfortable victories and we were now looking good once again in the league. We then faced Jone's boro and Charlton away from home. We played well against Jone and it was a very close game with us just taking the victory 1-0 with a 80th minute strike from Kamouna. It made up for the 1-0 defeat I had against him earlier in the season. The second of the 2 away games was to be easy with us thumping bottom of the table Charlton 4-0 and ending the session in style.

I am delighted with how well the lads are playing at the moment but with the fixtures ahead I know it is going to be very tricky to stay up there.

Fixtures

3.1.04 Gillingham H FA Cup 3rd Rnd --- -----

11.1.04 Arsenal H Premier Division --- -----

17.1.04 Fulham A Premier Division --- -----

28.1.04 Newcastle A Premier Division --- -----

31.1.04 Leeds H Premier Division --- -----

4.2.04 Liverpool H Premier Division --- -----

</pre>

My top performers

No Name Apps Gls Con Pens Asts Yel Red MoM Av R

3 Clement, Neil 22 (1) 0 0 0 1 3 0 1 7.61

10 Diego Alonso 13 (1) 5 0 0 3 0 0 1 7.29

35 Forlán, Diego 18 (2) 10 0 0 3 2 0 3 7.80

29 Kamouna 24 3 0 0 0 3 0 1 7.67

4 McInnes, Derek 8 (1) 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 8.33

40 Pahars, Marian 18 4 0 0 5 0 0 0 7.78

39 Partridge, Richie 11 (2) 1 0 0 5 1 0 0 7.46

19 Petrov, Stilian 25 5 0 3 (3) 6 2 0 3 7.96

2 Prutton, David 24 1 0 0 0 2 0 3 8.00

24 Tiko 24 9 0 0 5 2 0 2 7.83

33 Williams, Ryan 18 (2) 9 0 0 7 2 0 2 7.85

</pre>

As you can see i have a few players who stand out David Prutton is still doing well for me and Jone has made a few offers for Williams proving he is also playing well. Top Scorer Forlán didnt have the best of session as before the Middlesbrough game i decided to change his partner from Pahars to Alonso and it has worked well so far.

League Table

English Premier Division - Wednesday 31st December 2003

2003/4 Table

1st Fulham 21 7 3 0 22 2 9 1 1 29 10 52

2nd Middlesbrough 21 6 2 3 15 8 7 2 1 29 16 43

3rd Arsenal 20 8 1 1 23 6 4 4 2 11 11 41

4th W.B.A. 21 6 2 2 29 9 5 4 2 15 9 39

5th Leeds 20 8 1 1 16 5 4 2 4 17 20 39

6th Man Utd 21 8 2 1 27 11 2 5 3 7 8 37

7th Chelsea 21 7 3 1 22 8 2 5 3 10 13 35

8th Tottenham 21 5 3 3 25 19 2 5 3 19 22 29

9th Liverpool 21 4 6 0 13 9 3 2 6 13 21 29

10th Sunderland 21 5 2 4 19 17 3 2 5 8 13 28

11th Sheff Wed 21 5 2 3 18 15 3 2 6 12 20 28

12th West Ham 21 3 4 3 9 8 4 2 5 13 18 27

13th Wolves 20 4 4 2 13 14 2 5 3 15 23 27

14th Newcastle 20 5 1 4 17 13 1 3 6 7 18 22

15th Blackburn 21 2 5 4 16 20 2 4 4 10 11 21

16th Southampton 21 4 4 2 13 15 0 2 9 7 19 18

17th Ipswich 21 3 3 4 9 12 1 2 8 9 19 17

18th Leicester 21 3 3 4 16 21 1 1 9 5 25 16

19th Walsall 21 2 3 6 13 17 0 2 8 9 22 11

20th Charlton 21 3 1 7 13 20 0 0 10 4 30 10

</pre>

As you can see i am still doing very well in the league lets just hope i am up there come may.

I am hoping this post will work out this time

Kev icon_cool.gif

For me this session was the worse ever, so I won't write an update on it icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Currently 2nd in the league but Arsenal will pass me if they win their nex game as they have one game in their favour. Nuno is about 9 points away from me so it looks as he would win the title icon_confused.gif

Mike quit his job as manager of Sheff Utd and became manager of Aston Villa, who are currently in div 1.

Alex is doing well for once with his Everton icon_wink.gif

Kev is surprising everyone by being 4th in the league

John inally got his team to perform whils Steve's Sunderland are under-performing

What a strange session for me. It was agreed in the last session after I left that I coudl quit Sheffield United on the 20th of December if things didn't work out, so quite naturally, I did icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Despite the failings of my Sheffield United team, I enjoyed last night's session. In the decision making for my new 1st Division club, it was decided tht it would only be fair if I joined a club lower than Alex's Everton, who were fourth at the time. So, rather than join top of the league Forest, I became manager of 11th placed Aston Villa, who had a better team than West Ham icon_eek.gif

I had a look through the squad, and it was only natural that i made comparisons between my players and the players I had only recently left at West Ham.

Goalkeeper

Eleftheropolous (or something like that) is a very sound keeper for Villa, and is on a par with the Hammers Stephen Bywater.

Left Back

I have a left back with the surname of Frampton, and I must say he is one of the best left backs i've ever had in CM. He is a fantastic player, and is only 24, so he'll be approaching his best by the time I get Villa in the premiership. At West Ham I had Vladimir Labant, who was a decent player, but wasn't quite as good a player as Frampton is.

Right Back

Delaney is my right back at Villa, and he is a decent all round player, he's fast, good in the tackle, and can cross the ball, all are vital attributes for my team. Ian Pearce was a solid player for me at right back with West Ham, but he was more of an auxilary RB whereas Delaney is a natural RB.

Centre Backs

For Villa I can't really remember my centre backs icon_redface.gif

But they were both shít hot and apart from Taribo West, i've not had a better defender at West Ham.

Defensive Midfielder

This was a bit of a let down for me at Villa, I have the ageing ex-Celtic player David Hun-nah ( icon_wink.gif) He is a solid player, but I would much prefer Michael Carrick any day.

Left Wing

I can't remember my new left winger either, but he was quite good, however, nobody will ever replace Bobby Petta icon_frown.gif

Right Wing

Rade Prica is a decent young right winger, but Ariel Ortega he is not.

Attacking Midfielder

Emmanuel Osei-Kuffour (sp) is my AMC at Villa, and he has been fantastic, far better than that chump Lovenkrands.

Striker

I've not had a chance to play Balaban yet due to injury, but he is on his way back and I rate him as a better striker than Mpenza, but not Defoe. I've also signed Keigan Parker from Steve for £7.5m and he looks to be a great prospect. Scored 1 in his second match for me, although it was disallowed thanks to that tube Vassell. Jermain Defoe was a brilliant player, and i'll miss him, but I have another great youth at Villa, who goes by the name of Gary Hodge (i think icon_confused.gif) who scored the only goal in my first game.

For my first game in charge, I drawn 1-1 with Coventry away from home in a game I should have easily won, my team outplayed Coventry from start to finish and we missed plenty of sitters, but it was an encouraging start. In my second match of the session we played Brentford who were 7th in the league at home. We dominated from the first kick of the ball, and thanks to two well taken goals from Kuffour, we won 2-0, and had a Keigan Parker goal disallowed.

I'm looking forward to the next session as Villa have given me a new appetite for the game, we will be EPL champions next year icon_wink.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 20.11.03 Inter Bratislava SVK H UEFA Cup 3rd Rnd Leg 1 4:0 36254 Milosevic, Agostinho, A.Quinn 2

23.11.03 Sunderland A Premier Division 2:3 48300 Agostinho 2

26.11.03 Wolves H League Cup 4th Rnd 2:0 11863 Vasilyuk 2

30.11.03 Leicester H Premier Division 3:0 36972 Sutton 2, Vasilyuk

4.12.03 Inter Bratislava SVK A UEFA Cup 3rd Rnd Leg 2 1:0 5855 Vasilyuk

7.12.03 Chelsea A Premier Division 1:4 41959 Vasilyuk

10.12.03 W.B.A. A League Cup Qtr Final 2:0 28659 Sutton 2

13.12.03 Wolves H Premier Division 2:2 35612 Vasilyuk 2

20.12.03 Charlton H Premier Division 2:0 36421 Pearson, Jack

27.12.03 Blackburn A Premier Division 3:0 33875 Agostinho 3

30.12.03 Man Utd A Premier Division 1:0 64855 Silvestre og </pre>

Having missed a lot of yesterdays session I was pleased to see that performances were improving and hopefully now Sheffield Wednesday will go from strength to strength.

We are through to the Uefa Cup fourth round where we will meet a strong Monaco side but with the likes of Milosevic Sutton and Vasilyuk in attack I am confident of gaining a victory.

Since taking over as Sheffield Wednesday manager we have had a lot of success in the cup competitions, and this season it is also the case, still in the Uefa and FA Cup and at the semi-final stage of the League Cup where we meet Jones Middlesborough.Revenge is on the mind after an opening day defeat 3-2 to Middlesborough and all the players seem focused for this rematch icon_wink.gif

Finally the greatest single result has to be a 1-0 victory away to Man Utd further evidence that Sheffield are back on track to become a great club again icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RomaAllTheWay!!!:

League tables can now be found the site icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hello lads long time no hear. Jone just wanted to ask if we are still playing Sunday and are you putting manager reports on the site as i dont have any on there icon_frown.gif well hopefully catch up with you all soon

Kev icon_cool.gif

Archived