NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MACKEM:

Thanks Kev for reserving a kind word for me, (not) maybe your biggest adversary in NWCM. I though what we had was special but maybe i was wrong icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Well its sad news that your gonna call it a day Nuno at the end of your current season.

I mean there's still over 1 1/2 months before CM4 comes out too.

Come on, treat your group to at least another season mate, i really enjoy reading this thread and it would be a real shame if you closed it all down with so much time left, you know you want to win another league icon_smile.gif

If your not going to play on (im sure everyone in your group would like to) then,

Well done mate for organising a fantastic game icon_smile.gif

Cheers Goldy but this is really our last season. It wasn't my own decision but a collective decision. Some of us are a bit tired of CM3 and I for instance, need some time to myself, not worrying about having to be online twice a week for 4 or 5 straight hours not giving attention to other things that deserve it more than a computer game. Three months away from playing online will only make us good IMO. To be honest, I would have closed it a couple of months ago but Steve threatened me to pull a bat up my night dress, so I had no chance but keep this going. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, considering the slow pace that this season is moving we might not get it finished before CM4 is out which would be quite embarassing. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

West Ham update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

4.8.09 Rangers SCO H Friendly 2:2 15625 Notman, Barrett

22.8.09 Middlesbrough H Premier Division 0:2 34956

26.8.09 Coventry A Premier Division 0:0 23559

31.8.09 Sunderland H Premier Division 6:0 34956 Hughes, Iversen 2, Grønkjær 2, Barrett

13.9.09 Southampton H Premier Division 1:1 34984 Iversen

20.9.09 Arsenal A Premier Division 3:2 38386 Sims, Iversen 2

23.9.09 Scunthorpe A League Cup 2nd Rnd 1:3 6779 Iversen

26.9.09 Aston Villa H Premier Division 2:0 34953 Afonso 2

3.10.09 Sheff Wed H Premier Division 2:1 34964 Iversen, Anderson

7.10.09 Fulham A Premier Division 1:0 44160 Notman

26.10.09 W.B.A. A Premier Division 0:0 34342

1.11.09 Kidderminster A Premier Division 1:1 14945 Notman

8.11.09 Leeds H Premier Division 3:1 34961 Sims, Notman 2 (1 pen)

14.11.09 Blackburn A Premier Division 2:1 30659 Sims, Hughes

21.11.09 Chelsea H Premier Division 2:1 34997 Barrett pen, Sims

29.11.09 Newcastle A Premier Division 0:1 48695

2.12.09 Man Utd A Premier Division 2:2 63047 Hughes, Barrett

5.12.09 Tottenham H Premier Division 2:1 34953 Iversen, Grønkjær

12.12.09 Millwall A Premier Division 1:2 33307 Ballack

19.12.09 Middlesbrough A Premier Division 0:0 34667

26.12.09 Nottm Forest A Premier Division 0:0 27510

28.12.09 Watford H Premier Division 2:2 30264 Drury, Hughes

2.1.10 Coventry H Premier Division 0:1 33591

5.1.10 Sunderland A Premier Division 1:1 46785 Iversen

9.1.10 Farnborough A FA Cup 3rd Rnd 1:0 5297 Iversen

17.1.10 Fulham H Premier Division 0:1 34951

25.1.10 Southampton A Premier Division 0:0 31702

30.1.10 Portsmouth A FA Cup 4th Rnd 3:1 19378 Sims, Afonso, Iversen

1.2.10 Arsenal H Premier Division 3:0 34971 Iversen 2, Grønkjær

7.2.10 Aston Villa A Premier Division 1:1 40085 Iversen

14.2.10 Sheff Wed A Premier Division 1:2 37850 Grønkjær

20.2.10 Arsenal H FA Cup 5th Rnd 1:3 31208 Afonso

1.3.10 Man Utd H Premier Division 1:2 34976 Iversen

7.3.10 W.B.A. H Premier Division 0:1 34959

20.3.10 Kidderminster H Premier Division 1:1 21261 Ballack

3.4.10 Chelsea A Premier Division 0:1 41978

10.4.10 Blackburn H Premier Division --- -----

17.4.10 Leeds A Premier Division --- -----

21.4.10 Newcastle H Premier Division --- -----

24.4.10 Tottenham A Premier Division --- -----

1.5.10 Millwall H Premier Division --- -----

8.5.10 Watford A Premier Division --- -----

23.5.10 Nottm Forest H Premier Division --- -----

</pre>

It's been a very up and down season for West Ham but it's probably been one of the best seasons ever for me. To get them promoted and have them battling for Europe is a fantastic aheivement IMO and with so few games of the season to go it is definately possible.

Blads Newcastle will win the last ever season in NWCM and it's about time. He's been there or there abouts for a while now and he deserves to win a title.

Steve's Sunderland are a little hot and cold this season and that's why they won't win it.

Nuno's Fulham lie third I think and maybe he could've won it if he were Spanish icon_wink.gif

Lee's trying to fight relelgation with Arsenal and I think NWCM may have finally found a worse manager than me! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jone is in a respectable mid-table position with Kidderminster and has done well with a crap team I think.

See you all Thursday at 8pm icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HL7:

Jone is in a respectable mid-table position with Kidderminster and has done well with a crap team I think.

See you all Thursday at 8pm icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on the verge of being relegated mate icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Update to follow soon...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AS Roma:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HL7:

See you all Thursday at 8pm icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on the verge of being relegated mate icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Update to follow soon...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sorry about that Jone, I should've known better icon_wink.gif

Kidderminster staying up or going down?

This season has been a bit up and down for me. I was 9th for a while and kept myself at at least mid-table. Now I am however on a really bad run and it really looks as if I'm going to be relegated, which would be my first ever on CM actually icon_frown.gif

I've gone 8 games without a single win now, only collecting 1 point icon_biggrin.gif which is quite pathetic. My team consists of players who are either past their peak or yet to get to it. The fact that I've spent £1.8m bringing in 14 players shows how little money I have, and the reputation of the club has made it difficult to find anyone decent to join.

It seems as if my midfield of Ortega (35), Jensen (32) and Del Piero (35) just doesn't make the cut in the prem and also my defence is ****e and the keeper isn't even 3rd division quality.

Even though I feel I should be staying up the realistic possibilty of that happening is very little. I am however hoping for the best and 3 victories in the remaining 7 games could well be enough to keep us up.

Looking forward to the next session and I know the lads will get a good laugh of me getting relegated so they'll have even more fun. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Looking forward to the next session and I know the lads will get a good laugh of me getting relegated so they'll have even more fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not wrong you know icon_biggrin.gif

I'd REALLY love it if he got relelgated icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Looking forward to the next session and I know the lads will get a good laugh of me getting relegated so they'll have even more fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd REALLY love it if he got relelgated icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that because I'm cocky or because I'm just so darn good?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AS Roma:

Is that because I'm cocky or because I'm just so darn good?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bah! only one part of this statment is true... icon_wink.gifand everybody knows you're cocky icon_biggrin.gif

I'd REALLY love it if he got relelgated icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that because I'm cocky or because I'm just so darn good?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's because you're a cock!

i was only saying the people that started the game up Nuno that why there was no mention of John and Steve. Sorry to you lads as i know you were bothe excellent manager who made my job more difficult especailly you steve icon_mad.gif You were all great players and i am sure i will be crap at cm4 if they stop the super tactic i use from working which no doubt they will.

Kev

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevbest:

i was only saying the people that started the game up Nuno that why there was no mention of John and Steve. Sorry to you lads as i know you were bothe excellent manager who made my job more difficult especailly you steve icon_mad.gif You were all great players and i am sure i will be crap at cm4 if they stop the super tactic i use from working which no doubt they will.

Kev<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot Stewy! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif: icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevbest:

Kev<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot Stewy! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif: icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi!

I refrained from using my not so super tactic, after there was a public outcry, and made my own, and still done exactly the same, shíte. icon_razz.gif

Whole of CMO community > Mike icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

NWCM is over and Bladzej Youwontspell it is the final champion icon_biggrin.gif

That's right, we ended hostilities tonight and our Polish friend, Blad whateverhislastnameis, just won the title on an epic end of season.

Before the last round there were 4 teams separated by only 2 points, Blad's Newcastle was one point above Sheff Wed and WBa and two points above me (Fulham). By winning his last game at Leeds 2-0, Blad was crowned champions with his team, Newcastle, for great disappointment of our resident mackem, Steve. icon_wink.gif

Fulham lost his game to WBA and finished in 4th.

Steve (Sunderland) saved his honour by finishing one spot above Mike (West Ham).icon_biggrin.gif They were 6th and 7th respectively.

Lee saved Arsenal from relegation finishing 17th and Jone saw the mighty Kidderminsters being relegated icon_cool.gif

Final Table:

************************************************************************************************

English Premier Division - Sunday 23rd May 2010

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

2009/0 Table

================================================================================================

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st C Newcastle 38 14 4 1 48 17 9 3 7 25 14 76 <----- DKA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Sheff Wed 38 16 1 2 40 15 7 6 6 28 24 76

3rd W.B.A. 38 15 4 0 35 7 8 1 10 17 24 74

4th Fulham 38 10 4 5 34 23 12 2 5 37 30 72 <----- Nuno Santos

5th Middlesbrough 38 9 7 3 28 13 10 2 7 30 21 66

6th Sunderland 38 11 3 5 33 19 8 5 6 36 34 65 <----- MACKEM

7th West Ham 38 7 6 6 28 19 6 9 4 17 14 54 <----- HL7

8th Man Utd 38 6 6 7 23 23 7 5 7 22 24 50

9th Southampton 38 7 6 6 26 20 6 5 8 21 30 50

10th Watford 38 7 6 6 24 26 5 6 8 17 25 48

11th Leeds 38 8 3 8 24 24 4 7 8 16 26 46

12th Chelsea 38 8 6 5 29 19 4 3 12 17 32 45

13th Coventry 38 5 6 8 25 27 6 6 7 17 20 45

14th Blackburn 38 9 4 6 19 17 3 5 11 18 35 45

15th Tottenham 38 7 4 8 25 25 5 3 11 23 27 43

16th Aston Villa 38 7 6 6 27 20 3 6 10 18 29 42

17th Arsenal 38 5 5 9 27 32 5 6 8 23 30 41 <----- we8parkin

18th R Kidderminster 38 4 4 11 20 32 6 5 8 26 37 39 <----- AS Roma

19th R Nottm Forest 38 7 4 8 26 27 3 3 13 13 45 37

20th R Millwall 38 5 4 10 17 32 3 5 11 16 37 33

</pre>

Top Scorers:

Pos Player Club Apps Gls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Jeremie Aliardiere Fulham 28 (4) 28 *

2nd Steffen Iversen West Ham 27 (4) 17 *

3rd Alan Smith Sunderland 27 (5) 16 *

4th Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 38 15

5th Måns Sörensson Tottenham 24 (8) 15

6th Thierry Henry Fulham 27 (4) 14 *

7th Wayne Knapper Sunderland 37 (1) 14 *

8th Bosko Balaban Aston Villa 38 13 *

9th Peter Crouch Sheff Wed 28 (2) 13

10th Lars Iver Strand Sheff Wed 23 13 </pre>

Total 0wn4g3 by Alardiere icon_cool.gif

Assists:

Pos Player Club Apps Asts

1st Brian Allen Newcastle 29 12 *

2nd Jesper Grønkjær West Ham 37 11 *

3rd Jon Ahlberg Sheff Wed 36 10

4th Pablo Aimar Fulham 23 (7) 10 *

5th Ian Armstrong Chelsea 35 (1) 9

6th Nano Aston Villa 17 (14) 9

7th Marco Elzinga Sheff Wed 37 9

8th Wayne Knapper Sunderland 37 (1) 9 *

9th Youssouf Hersi Arsenal 37 9 *

10th Simão Middlesbrough 16 (9) 9 </pre>

Average rating:

Pos Player Club Apps Av R

1st Jeremie Aliardiere Fulham 28 (4) 8.16 *

2nd Pontus Farnerud Sunderland 24 (4) 7.89 *

3rd Mike Duff Fulham 28 7.86 *

4th Fernando Morientes W.B.A. 24 (2) 7.81

5th Andriy Nesmachny Sunderland 34 7.79 *

6th Brett Emerton Sheff Wed 30 7.77

7th Peter Crouch Sheff Wed 28 (2) 7.73

8th Luca Toni Aston Villa 23 (1) 7.67

9th Roque Santa Cruz Sunderland 28 (1) 7.66 *

10th Jermain Defoe Middlesbrough 34 7.65 </pre>

See you in CM4 icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

Before the last round there were 4 teams separated by only 2 points, Blad's Newcastle was one point above Sheff Wed and WBa and two points above me (Fulham). By winning his last game at Leeds 2-0, Blad was crowned champions with his team, Newcastle, for great disappointment of our resident mackem, Steve. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now quick mathematical/football problem. How did I finnish with the same point total as Sheff Wed? icon_smile.gif

West Ham update

A decent all round season for us, we finished 7th overall which isn't bad for our first season in the EPL. Lee was unlucky not to win the UEFA Cup final with Arsenal and well done to Blad who won the league

I look forward to seeing you all for CM4 icon_smile.gif

It was a great 9/10 months guys icon_smile.gif

Arsenal final update....

Overall i disappointing season, but with some highlights. I managed to get to the UEFA cup final but i lost 3-1 to Nantes icon_frown.gif I also beat Blad, which i was happy about cos he ended up winning the title. I finished 17th, absolutly sh!te considering the players i had.

I've enjoyed the game, and its been a pleasure playing with you guys, even you Jone icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif and I look forward to playing CM4 with some of you icon_smile.gif

35 pages and its all over. It's been a good thread.......most of the time icon_wink.gif

A great Clan game up there with the Scottish Clan.... icon_smile.gif

Roll on CM4 - maybe the 16 player super clan would be the job. icon_biggrin.gif

I am sad to see the pause in this great game - it can't be the end can it - only a pause - to be continued in CM4

NWCM CLAN - FINAL WORDS, GREETINGS AND GRATITUDES

April 2002. Three guys, A Finnish, a Russian and a Portuguese meet in a mirc room called #mafia with the purpose of playing online with other three guys in the newest Mafia Clan. They were part of Group 2 of Mafia and in a time when CMO was still IGO and the Scottish Clan was like an oasis in a desert, they found the opportunity to test their skills against other human managers. They played for three sessions just the three of them, no one else was really committed to that game or cared to show up except for the third session when there was a fourth element whose name I can’t recall. Then on a Sunday afternoon whilst playing their Serie A game, Jone, the Finn, private messaged Nuno suggesting that the three of them should start their own clan. Soon, Nuno created a new room called #conspiracy (so that the other guy wouldn’t now what was going on) to discuss the creation of a new clan and in 5 minutes the whole thing was set up. They would play the English Premier League with mid table clubs, Jone would be the host as he had by that time the fastest machine and Nuno would start a new thread asking people to apply for the new game. Alex, the Russian agreed to design a website where updates and screenshots would be posted. From the first few applicants, they decided that Mike and Sam would be the chosen ones. So, they played their first session of NWCM Clan with 5 members: a Portuguese, a Russian, a Finnish, a Scottish and a Swedish. Hence we called it “Nations Wideâ€. A new clan was arising and history was about to be made within CMO community.

That was how it all started nine months ago and now we decided to put an end to our game. We were enjoying this game as much as we enjoyed it in the beginning but everything has to come to an end and most of us felt this was the right time. CM4 will arrive soon and now it’s a good occasion to have a break from CM and dedicate our time to other activities. We’ve had a wonderful experience during this time, actually I had no idea that our game could get so big, would last for 9 seasons and that our thread would reach these colossal proportions with 35 pages, over 2000 replies and 15000 views. This was an experience that I’m sure the most hardcore players that passed through NWCM Clan will not forget so soon. Yes, we’ve had over than 20 people playing with us during this period of time, some had to leave because of their personal lives, others had to be kicked for not fulfilling what we, as a clan, considered to be the requisites for a clan member.

But there are a few, the hardcore ones that I’d like to give my especial thank you (in no particular order):

Jone, Mike, Alex, Steve, Stewy, John, Kev and Blad.

Surely they’ll be the first names that come to mind the day we decide to come back as a clan, probably a couple of months after the release of CM4. My word of appreciation goes also to Kris and Lee that regardless not staying as much time with us as the ones mentioned above they proved to be good people and reliable players.

Above everything, what will remain in my recollections is the companionship that I’ve made with the people mentioned above. I enjoyed a lot more the entertaining chats we’ve had online whilst playing (well a couple of fights happened too but that was part of the plan icon_wink.gif) and the trust and feeling of unison that I’ve had with them than the game itself or the leagues I’ve won or even the CMO award for the best thread. And I’m quite sure that the others feel the same too.

This is what playing CM online is meant to be. This is what makes me feel so joyful about NWCM Clan. This is the reason that makes me confident that all the effort put into this game (we struggled a few times with computer problems and with the difficulty of finding reliable players) was well worth in the end.

We’re also thankful to all the anonymous people that read our thread throughout this time and that now and again would post a few encouraging words showing their appreciation for our game. Thanks also to Doggy, Goldy and Graeme for having some patience with me in situations where I asked them to delete some of the abuse or inane drivel posted by some people that aren’t even worth a mention. They helped us to keep this thread as tidy as possible and we are grateful for that.

In conclusion, it was a beautiful experience and for all of those who appreciated our work, we’ll be back soon. This is just a small interruption not a definitive farewell. We’ll be back, in the meantime enjoy your games because... The future of CM is online.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But there are a few, the hardcore ones that I’d like to give my especial thank you (in no particular order):

Jone, Mike, Alex, Steve, Stewy, John, Kev and Blad.

Surely they’ll be the first names that come to mind the day we decide to come back as a clan, probably a couple of months after the release of CM4. My word of appreciation goes also to Kris and Lee that regardless not staying as much time with us as the ones mentioned above they proved to be good people and reliable players.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your kind words Nuno and i'd also like to thank the above mentioned people (including Nuno obviously icon_wink.gif) for a fantastic experience. I'll definately be back for CM4 and hopefully we can get as many of the other members as possible to join in icon_smile.gif

Nice speach Nuno icon_smile.gif sums the game up really well as it's indeed been a very nice experience and I agree that meeting new people has been better than the game itself (of course the game has been fantastic too icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif )

Really looking forward to the CM4 version of this and I'm sure we can make that a success too icon_smile.gif

Archived