The Key To Success - AI Experiment/Sign-Up

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolute class!

Even though you are my bitter rivals I am starting to develop a liking for the grumpy old man ;):D

I'm glad you enjoy his little rants. :thup:

I like him so much I was thinking about starting a story thread to go along with this, but time does not permit such frivolities. :(

Provisional Draft Order

This comes from the draft points assigned in applications. Where teams swap places is due to them having the same number of points and so they alternate each round.

Round 1

Stockton Athletic

Coldfield Corriers

Alnwick FC

Barrow Town

Washington United

Wakefield

Poole Bandits

Chelmsford United

Newquay Town

Great Yarmouth

Truro City

Round 2

Stockton Athletic

Coldfield Corriers

Alnwick FC

Washington United

Barrow Town

Wakefield

Poole Bandits

Chelmsford United

Great Yarmouth

Truro City

Newquay Town

Round 3

Stockton Athletic

Coldfield Corriers

Alnwick FC

Barrow Town

Washington United

Wakefield

Poole Bandits

Chelmsford United

Truro City

Newquay Town

Great Yarmouth

Round 4

Stockton Athletic

Coldfield Corriers

Alnwick FC

Washington United

Barrow Town

Wakefield

Poole Bandits

Chelmsford United

Newquay Town

Great Yarmouth

Truro City

Round 5

Stockton Athletic

Coldfield Corriers

Washington United

Alnwick FC

Barrow Town

Wakefield

Poole Bandits

Chelmsford United

Great Yarmouth

Truro City

Newquay Town

I think we won't suffer too much from being at the bottom of the picks, I am think that long term Newquay will do alright, I just hope we survive short term.

Any ide on when the draft will be taking place?

Well I need to do the database once I've had most of the players in, although it doesn't look like I'll get anymore.

Then I'll post screenies of club info pages to make sure I haven't got anything majorly wrong from a team point of view.

Then I'll post "theoretical" screenies of the players attributes based on what people have put in. The attributes will change when the thing starts for real of course due to FM randomness.

I'll then organise the draft after people have had a chance to assess the players.

We'll then begin the draft, which may take a while, as I'm not sure whether to do it via PM over an extended time, or allot a specific time for people to be on at a weekend and conduct it then, or to have people give me their preferred order list of players they want and I scan done and choose the pick on the highest available player on their list.

What do you guys think?

We'll then begin the draft, which may take a while, as I'm not sure whether to do it via PM over an extended time, or allot a specific time for people to be on at a weekend and conduct it then, or to have people give me their preferred order list of players they want and I scan done and choose the pick on the highest available player on their list.

What do you guys think?

I think the easiest way will be to send you a list, otherwise we could be here forever going "come on X it's your turn to pick!" You could set a deadline still though and if somebody misses it they automatically get what's left over.

Agree with Denther, sending you a list will be a lot easier and definately much quicker. I don't think you will be able to get all 10 people on at the same time as well, although if you could it would be quite fun to do it that way.

Council shelve art centre plans

There was celebration in Poole tonight as the council decided it was more important for the newly created Bandits to have a stadium capable of holding the massive fan base that have already jumped on the bandwagon, than create a state of the art display that means nothing to anyone except the barmy guy who drew his 'masterpiece' and demanded payment of two million.

There has not been such solidarity in Poole since the last time the council tried to put up a telephone mast, only for 15,000 'not in my back yard' complaints to flood in. For once, it seems there is something positive to talk about.

We spoke to a few people in the streets:

Reporter: So how do you feel about the Bandits coming to town?

Not-randomly-picked-and-pre-prepared-random-guy: Fantastic news! We need a new team in the area - Bournemouth are in financial ruin and haven't even finished their stadium, Southampton are going under, up the Bandits! Is that what you told me to..huh?

Reporter (cutting in): Moving on, moving on, how do you feel, young man?

Slightly-more-randomly-picked-boy: *sings* I want to be a hippy and I want to get stoned on mar....

Reporter: Ah, that's quite enough of that. We're talking about the football team. What are your thoughts?

Boy: I think Trevor fancies Janine. I saw him looking at her arse last night.

Reporter: Er, what? Who's Trevor?

Boy: He's in my class.

Reporter: *frantically gesturing towards his producer* I meant, what are your thoughts on the Bandits?

Boy: Oh, I don't care about that. I prefer rugby.

Reporter: *sigh*

Not-so-random-guy: Can I have that tenner now?

Sorry late, been away from home for a funeral...here you go.

(TOP PLAYER)

First name: Marius

Second name: Vincent

Common name (optional):

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality (optional): Bulgarian

Birthplace: Norwich

Position: Left Winger

Preferred foot (optional): Left

Height (cms) (optional): 177.00

Weight (kgs)(optional): 60.5

8 attributes at 15: Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Agility

Max of 2 ppm’s: Gets Crowd Going, Runs with Ball

Favoured clubs (3) (optional): Norwich, Arsenal, Poole Bandits

Disliked clubs (3) (optional): Manchester United, Liverpool. Ipswich

===================================================

First name: Armand

Second name: Abram

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Romanian

2nd Nationality (optional): English

Position: GK

Preferred foot (optional): Left

Height (cms) (optional): 177.00

Weight (kgs)(optional): 60.5

8 attributes at 15: Command of Area, Communication, Handling, Penelty Taking, Reflexes, Anticipation, Concentration, Composure

Max of 2 ppm’s: Gets Crowd Going, Places Shots

Favoured clubs (3) (optional): Milan, Yoevil, grt Yarmouth

Disliked clubs (3) (optional): Manchester United, Liverpool. Chelsea

====================================================

First name: Jay

Second name: Crook

Common name (optional):

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality (optional):

Position: DMC

Preferred foot (optional): Right

Height (cms) (optional): 192.00

Weight (kgs)(optional): 66.5

8 attributes at 15: Heading, Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions, Influence, Positioning

Max of 2 ppm’s: Gets Crowd Going, Stays on Feet when Tackling

Favoured clubs (3) (optional): Poole Bandits, Boca, Wigan

Disliked clubs (3) (optional): Manchester United

Hope they all Ok Wegason, any probs lemme know and I'll correct.

The Daily Cornishman

N.B. please read Fred Brookes' quotes in a Cornish accent :thup:

The start of the new season is nearly upon us, however, the FA have not yet finalised the player draft for the 10 new teams in the Blue Square North and South. Mike Worzel caught up with Fred Brookes to get his reaction to the delay.

Mike Worzel - Mr Brookes, the start of the season is only a few weeks away but you haven't had the chance to draft in any players, are you worried?

Fred Brookes - Worried? Of course I'm not worried, if need be I'll get my boots out of the shed and show everyone how the Cornish play football!! Old Harry and George from the local post office used to be handy in their day so they could play too. They're getting on a bit granted but we'll do alright. What's causing the blasted delay anyhow?

Mike Worzel - Unfortunately Jeff Murdoch (aka Wegason) has moved house and has also been ill, hence the delay.

Fred Brookes - ILL!! Is that their bloomin excuse! When I was a lad I worked in my pasty shop, and delivered them as well, when I had the flu! I still came in at 4 in the morning, coughing and sneezing while I made them pasties. I delivered them snot or no snot! The customers said how wonderful I were even though I was sneezing all over the place! Mind you all the customers seemed to get ill as well, must have been dodgy meat in the pasty I suppose as I only sneezed over the pasties a couple of times so couldn't have been my fault, most of the time I sneezed into the hankie that I normally used to wipe the dirt off the pasties when I dropped them!

Mike Worzell - Well thank you for that... insightful look into your youth.

Fred Brookes - No worries. If you see that Jeff bloke tell him that I said to stop pansying about in his new bloomin mansion and get on with sending me that cheese player that I want.

Mike Worzel - I thought you didn't want him because he was a cheese?

Fred Brookes - Well, my granddaughter is a clever one you see, she went off to Exeter to measure a degree or something and she told me that Edam was a place in the Netherlands and that the cheese was named after the place. Mind you didn't Peter bloomin Pan come from the Netherlands?

Mike Worzel - On that note I think we'll end the interview there, thanks for your time Mr Brookes.

Fred Brookes - By the way Worzel, how's Aunt Sally?

and to carry on the much anticpated build up...

The Chelmsford Weekly News

Fever pitch is hitting Chelmsford as we await finding out which young football stars will be joining Chlemsford United. We've managed to have an interview with Wayne Capri, the official spokesman for Chelmsford United, nephew of club owner Gary Capri.

Weekly News

So the stadium is up, and final preperations being made, what sort of players are you looking to bring in?

Wayne Carpi

Good players innit. We want diamonds, a nice diamond midfielder will be the dogs. We'll try and get a nutta in defence, clear the lines and let the striker know he's there. As for a striker, we want a nippy little geezer, but I ain't saying any more before the monkeys over at City nick our idea.

Weekly News

How do you think things will fair, how long do you think before you can challenge for a league spot?

Wayne Capri

Bloody soon I hope. We 'ave loads of people here in Chelmsford and around who wanna see good football, now they've got a club to be proud of, we're gonna show 'em that we're proper and we're gonna make it in the league. I fink one or two seasons in the BSS and then one or two seasons in BSP, so about 2012. My sons two so by the time he starts understanding football, I want little Wayne to be watching us in League Two, his mum will be old enough to drink her Lambrini by then so we can all celebrate properly.

[b[Weekly News[/b]

Well the town of Chelmsford is behind you good luck.

Wayne Capri

Cheers mate, fanks for the interview, I'm off to the boozer now have a good day.

and with that our interview concluded with Wayne walking out singing songs about how he dislikes Arsenal, and that Harry Redknapp can do things that many would find distateful and possiblly illegal.

I have created all the teams, chairmen, and managers thus far given. I will upload pics of the teams for you to peruse tomorrow when I am work.

Players will be done this weekend hopefully and again I'll take screenshots and upload at work, hopefully the draft will be ready for early May when I get an internet connection back at home.

I am awaiting a response from LordMeister regarding mathematical errors in his application, if we use the details he put in then his draft points drop and he'd be below the Poole Bandits in the draft pecking order. (Coldfield)

If I get no response then I may move the spot to someone else's team, or let someone else control the team.

With regards to the extra team, I have added a sixth team of my own (Canterbury) in the BSS, and this will have the same draft points as in my opening posts (zero) but I have changed the points around in other areas to give a variety from what other applications have done so that the experiment has at least two clubs that have heavily concentrated in an area that others have neglected. If they both succeed, then we may have the key to success figured out ;)

Chelmsford Utd, media prediction 3rd, promotion would be great but I'd be pleased just getting into the playoffs, and letting things settle for a season.

Surely with the money we'll be able to attract to talent.

Excellent work Wega, and I am delighted with Alnwick set-up the way they are :) Brilliant to see the prediction of first for my club. Up and Up Alnwick.

That's all well and good - but unless we get the players they need to match their media prediction, we're going nowhere. I wish luck to Alnwick FC in their quest for league football :)

Archived