The Key To Success - AI Experiment/Sign-Up

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listed in alphabetical order are the 61 players that will make up the draft. One player will be the only one not chosen.

In this list we have 9 Goalkeepers, 11 strikers and several attacking midfielders who could play upfront.

Ellsworth Adams - DC/DMC

Ben Arsenal - DRL

George Beckwith - MC

Mark Bennett - DMC

Cristobal Blanco - AMRL

William Brown - DLC

Dylan Carmichael - SC

Jason Cole - AMC

Andrew Coward - DR/MR

Aiden Crown - SC

Francisco d'Anconia - AMRL

Antonio D'Toldo - GK

Ragnar Danneskjold - SC

Adrian Davy - SC

Stuart Dixon - DL

Nick Docker - DC

James Edwards - ML

Frederick Eltonbrand - GK

Graham Fenwick - DC

Jason Firth - MLC

John Galt - MC

Rich Gannon - MC

Benjamin Harrison - GK

James Hatfield - DMC

Andrew Jackson - SC

Rudolf Josk - MR

Nicky Keane - DMC

Jan Keizer - DRC

Daniel Knight - SC

Ryan Lamb - AMC

Bryan Lancaster - MC

Arthur Lewis - GK

Rory Lindley - GK

Mikey Twigge - AMR

Lewis Manson - DL

Mattia Mixtel - SC

Tim Norris - DR/WBR

Martien Oak - AMC

Peter Twigge - AM/FC

Charlie Parkinson - GK

Hank Rearden - DC

Thomas Reeves - DRC

Wolfgang Remer - SC

Ribaldo - AM/FC

John Richardson - DC

Jimmy Riddle - DR/WBR

Jimmy Rikovic - GK

Patrick Rossa - SC

Samir - DC

Chris Sawyer - DC

Robby Shearer - SC

Mohamed Sim - AMC

Nicholas Stoffell - DRL

Geoffrey Thompson - GK

Lawrence Twigge - SC

John Tyler - DLC

Frankie Valli - AMLC/FC

Adam Wells - DC

Johnny Wilkinson - AMLC

Ryan Wilson - AML

Ellis Wyatt - GK

The Players predicted to go in the first round of the draft are:

Clue: Highest Potential

Cristobal Blanco - AMRL

Andrew Jackson - SC

Jason Cole - AMC

Adam Wells - DC

Ben Arsenal - DRL

Martien Oak - AMC

Daniel Knight - SC

Mikey Twigge - AMR

Charlie Parkinson - GK

Ellsworth Adams - DC/DMC

Jimmy Riddle - DR/WBR

Ryan Lamb - AMC

The players pundits predict are likely to be around in the last round are:

Clue: Lowest potential

Nicky Keane - DMC

Andrew Coward - DR/MR

John Richardson - DC

Wolfgang Remer - SC

Graham Fenwick - DC

James Hatfield - DMC

Mattia Mixtel - SC

Ryan Wilson - AML

Bryan Lancaster - MC

Aiden Crown - SC

Just like to add, that a few players had mistakes in ages being too young or not being on a full time contract, this has been corrected for the full database.

All players are currently at Canterbury as it made it easier to screenshot and will make it easier to move them to the correct teams after the draft.

I still haven't heard from Lord Meister, I will be offering his team to BenArsenal should I receive no response by tomorrow.

Team owners should note that players created by failed applicants have favourite and hated clubs, listed earlier in the thread.

Any problems, issues, queries, let me know.

Awesome stuff Wegason! :thup:

Have you decided how you are going to conduct the draw?

I think each round will be done separetely, with users sending me a list of who they would like in order, to take in that round. Obviously, person picking first just chooses who they want, whereas others will need to make a list of players up to where they choose. For instance, person picking 10th would need to send me a list of 10 players they want and they'll get the one highest up their list that is available.

Fred Brookes must be boiling over with rage

Devon wins Cornish Pasty Competition

:eek:x:mad:

This ones easy to do a Fred Brookes rant for, my fiancee's family are Cornish, so I'll just ask her Grandad what he thinks about it and then just credit it as Fred's :thup::D

PS I looked at my post count for this thread and promised myself I wouldn't spam it anymore... DOH!

The Daily Star

Coldfield Corriers taken over by Longbridge investor

It has been announced today that new Conference team Coldfield Corriers has been taken over by Chinese investor JJ Wang, who had originally planned on bringing a team to nearby Longbridge.

While the name will remain, there will be a brand new stadium planned, albeit still situated in Sutton Coldfield instead of Longbridge as originally visioned by Wang. The new team will also be nicknamed The Rovers, which was originally suppossed to be Longbridge's nickname.

Coldfield has also appointed local businessman, and bit part footy fan, John Tower, as their new manager. It remains to be seen whether this move will go down well with the locals. They have a team finally, but it will not be in their vincinity, and having the identity of their supposed rivals. Things are going to get interesting in the Midlands.

Thanks for the info, i'll release the draft first round picks tonight and then ask for everyone's second round choices . Once those choices are revealed i'll ask for everyone's remaining player preferences for the last three rounds.

THE FA YOUTH PLAYER DRAFT

Hi there, and welcome to the FA’s Youth Player Draft. I’m Richard Tower and joining me for this unique event are panellists Greg Easter, and Mike Kiper.

The FA Youth Player Draft features 12 teams choosing players over five rounds from the overall pool of 61 players. The first team choosing is Stockton Athletic, who do you think they’ll pick Greg?

“Well Richard, I think the players I rate the most highly in this draft are Cristobal Blanco, the skilful Peruvian winger, Andrew Jackson, the Trinidadian striker, Ellsworth Adams, a central defender cum defensive midfielder, and keeper Charlie Parkinson. I think Parkinson will go high, possibly top three, maybe even number on”

“I couldn’t disagree more Greg, and I’ll tell you why” said Mike, “Stockton want to play attacking football, they have to take one of the top two players in the draft, Jackson or Blanco will be the pick, of that I’m certain.”

“Nothing’s certain Mike” chimed Greg

Richard Tower then steered the conversation to the second overall pick, held by the Coldfield Corriers.

“They’re going to draft an attacking player, the owner’s an Arsenal fan and will follow the Wenger philosophy, they’ll draft someone attacking. They’ll probably take who’s left out of Blanco and Jackson.”

“Not a chance Greg” said Mike, in his usual arrogant and dismissive way, “Coldfield’s owner will draft a Singaporean, and he’ll draft Ben Arsenal”

“But Ben Arsenal hates Coldfield” stated Greg.

“So? They’ll draft Ben Arsenal.” reiterated Mike.

With that, Jeff Murdoch of the Football Association stepped onto the stage to announce the first pick of the draft.

“With the first pick in the FA’s Youth Player Draft, Stockton Athletic select...

The Draft

“With the first pick in the FA’s Youth Player Draft, Stockton Athletic select...

Charlie Parkinson, Goalkeeper, England"

“Wow, what a surprise” exclaimed Mike, “No one predicted that they’d go with a keeper”

“Actually Mike, I said that Charlie Parkinson could go first overall, I thought he was underrated and it would seem that I was right.”

“That may be the case, but draft experts will think that’s a reach, that they taking a keeper that high in the draft is a risky decision.” stated Mike, self-assuredly.

Greg had had enough, “Draft experts? Draft experts? How can they be friggin’ draft experts when this is the first and only draft ever to occur in English football? This has never been done! There are NO draft experts, only those with an over inflated opinion of their own thoughts and beliefs you ignorant trollop!”

Before the row could extend to fisticuffs, Jeff Murdoch walked onto the stage again to announce the second pick.

“With the second overall pick of the draft, the Coldfield Corriers select...”

“...the Coldfield Corriers select...

Cristobal Blanco, Winger, Peru.”

“I said they would” gloated Greg, “and I said they’d take Blanco or Jackson if they were available.”

“I stated that Blanco was guaranteed to go in the first two picks!” scythed Mike.

The picks were coming in thick and fast now...

With the third overall selection in the draft, Alnwick FC select...

Daniel Knight, Striker, England.

This time both Mike and Greg agreed that this was an unexpected pick, with both being surprised that Jackson had been passed over for Knight.

“With the fourth pick in the draft, Barrow Town select...

Mikey Twigge, Attacking Midfielder Right, England.

Greg: “Jackson is still available, still, Twigge is a promising player”

“With the fifth overall selection in the draft, Washington United select...

Jimmy Riddle, Defender/Wing Back Right, England.

Mike: “I’m not sure about this selection Greg, Riddle’s a mouthy player who has alienated many fans with his abuse and antics. With Jackson still on the table I think there were better options available.”

“With the sixth pick of the FA Youth Player draft, Wakefield select...

Ellsworth Adams, Central Defender/Midfielder, England.

Greg: “I knew he’d go high, and I think this is a good selection.”

Mike: “Jackson remains available; one team is going to get a steal.”

“With the seventh overall pick of the draft, the Poole Bandits select...

Antonio D’Toldo, Goalkeeper, Italy.

Greg: “A bold selection, I think they missed out on Parkinson and selected the next best keeper, which D’Toldo is, as compensation, I think they may have been able to wait for the second round to take him though.”

“The eight pick in the draft belongs to Chelmsford United and they select...

Robby Shearer, Striker, England.”

Mike: “Can you spell reach? I can, with Jackson on the board there’s no way you take Shearer, I wouldn’t even rate Shearer as a first round selection.”

Greg: “For once Mike, I think we agree.”

Mike: “Newquay Town are up next, but I cannot see their delegation anywhere. They’re on the clock, but they’re nowhere to be seen”

Greg: “If they don’t show up soon, then the next team will pick until the Newquay delegation arrive to select a player.”

Richard: “They’ve lost the pick, teams are moving up the draft as a result.”

“With the ninth pick in the draft, Great Yarmouth select...

Mark Bennett, Defensive Midfielder, England.”

Greg: “Holy crap, I never expected Jackson to last this long!”

Mike: “You and me both”

“With the tenth pick in the draft, Truro City select...

Jimmy Rikovic, Goalkeeper, Turkey

Mike: “WOW!!! The third keeper to go in the first round, in the first ten picks even!”

Greg: “I’m looking at my draft board and I had Rikovic down as a late second, early third round selection at best, I guess teams are prizing keepers above all else.”

Richard: “Still no sign of the Newquay delegation, so next up is the Canterbury Phoenix, moving up to select eleventh in the draft. Jeff Murdoch is walking back onto the stage”

With the eleventh selection in the draft, the Canterbury Phoenixselect...

Ryan Lamb, Attacking Midfielder, England.”

Greg: “No surprise there for me, they’ve long coveted Lamb and to see him become the player they’re going to build around is no surprise.”

Mike: “The only surprise Greg, is that Lamb was still around at eleven, would he have been had Newquay been on time? Who knows, maybe we’ll never know.”

Richard: “And of course, Andrew Jackson is still available for Newquay if they want him with the 12th pick.

Greg: “Indeed Richard, indeed.”

Draft order everyone...

First Round

Pick 12: Newquay Town (1)

Second Round

1. Stockton Athletic (2)

2. Coldfield Corriers (3)

3. Alnwick FC (4)

4. Washington United (5)

5. Barrow Town (6)

6. Wakefield (7)

7. Poole Bandits (8)

8. Chelmsford United (9)

9. Newquay Town (10)

10. Canterbury Phoenix (11)

11. Truro City (12)

12. Great Yarmouth (13)

Numbers in bold are the number of players I need on your list of choices, I shall update the list of players below with those taken from now on.

Corinthiano, when you're around, I need the player you'll take for the first round, then a list of players you want with your second round pick.

Sent by PM please.

The third to fifth round will be conducted after the second round results via everyone sending a list of the remaining players in preferred draft order plus any instructions.

(Instructions like, if a Goalkeeper is taken with any of my picks, don't take any more goalkeepers)

Sent my second round picks

I have a method to how I pick the people I want. I went for the keeper so that I had a decent keeper for the future.

My next pick will be useful, picking up on personal lower league experience, I have an idea of what is needed to get through the first couple of seasons.

Chelmsford Weekly News

With the draft underway we took the time for a quick update with Wayne Capri to comment on Chelmsford Uniteds first ever signing Robby Shearer.

Weekly News

The season is coming closer, and the first ever signing has been made for The Radiomen, how does it feel?

Wayne Capri

Brilliant, init. We got our player and hope to get the rest of the diamonds. We fink he's gonna do well for us.

WN

There have been questions raised as to why Harry, when there were better players to be had.

WC

Well our scout had said to sign others, but Garys (Gary Capri club owner) mate Phill Chimpos was over the other night, we'd had a Ruby and a load of Stellas, and he kept saying, 'Nah, the guys called Shearer, he's a striker, 'nuff said, he'll be the dogs'. So we thought we'd see how 'e goes.

WN

That might shock the fans a little, are you sure he is the best man for the club

WC

He's a great bloke, I went round for tea with him and his ma, and he's a laugh. He leant me GTA4 for my PS3. We did have a kick about in the garden though, and I can tell the fans, he can play, he'll put a few in the old Onion bag, and we've promised our scout he can decide the rest.

WN

Thanks, thats great news, and well done on getting your man.

This weekend really, so I can do the update at the weekend then ask for the choices for the rest of the draft. Hopefully Corinthiano will be around soon to make his first and second round choices

Hopefully Corinthiano will be around soon to make his first and second round choices

He actually has exams up until 23rd May according to his sign-up, so you might not hear from him for a while yet.

Looking forward to the next draft :thup:

THE DRAFT

“Welcome back to the FA Youth Player Draft with me, Richard Tower, and my guests, Greg Easter and Mike Kiper. After that commercial break, we can now bring you the last pick of the First Round and the entire Second Round exclusively live.”

Richard turned away from the camera to address the pundits.

Richard: “Gentleman, your thoughts on who Newquay Town will take with that twelfth pick?”

Mike: “Well I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I’m going to say Andrew Jackson, one team has got to take him.”

Greg: “I would agree, but it seems Jackson is not favoured by many here, perhaps their workouts and medicals disclosed something about the lad that we don’t know.”

The camera panned to the stage as Jeff Murdoch strode onto the stage.

“With the twelfth overall pick of the FA Youth Player Draft, Newquay Town select…

Ribaldo, Attacking Midfielder/Forward, Brazil.

That concludes the first round of the draft, the next pick belongs to Stockton Athletic.”

Richard: “Your thoughts Mike?”

Mike: “Not massively surprised, I still wonder how Jackson remains on the board, he’s been sitting in that Green Room waiting to be drafted for almost two hours now and he looks nervous.”

Greg: “The owner of Newquay loves the Brazilian flair, so taking the talented Brazilian is not the greatest surprise, in fact, I’m surprised I didn’t foresee it coming.”

“With the first pick of the second round of the draft, Stockton Athletic select…

Ragnar Danneskjöld, Striker, Norway

Greg: “The Viking has gone, the guy is a red headed raider up front and should be a good pick for Stockton Athletic, they’ve built on taking the best keeper by selecting one of the better strikers in the draft.”

Mike: “But not the best Greg, Andrew Jackson remains available. The déjà-vu of saying that is really started to freak me out, perhaps I’m in the Matrix, if I see another black cat I’ll know for sure.”

Greg: “Remember Mike, there is no spoon.”

Mike: “Huh?”

“Using the second pick of the second round the Coldfield Corriers choose…”

A player in the green room takes a call, his nervous disposition breaks out into a smile, a smile of relief.

Archived