FM 09: Official Panathinaikos FC Thread

Candre168

Whats the money like as the seasons go on?

Obviously I dont expect loads of cash just wondering as I am thinking of starting as Panathinaikos.

In the first season, set your expectations to "Challenge for title", and then a day after ask for a transfer increase and you should be aroundd 13M after you change the wage budget.

In the second season, it could be more like 16M. I once had 22M in the second season. I guess it depends on how well you do.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@acidburn: 5 fgn allowed in the league. i'd only like serbians to be eu nationals for they have some cheap good players

@candre: it was the first game in the group stage (pao, milan, cska moscow, galatasaray), had it wrong in the previous post! (thought it was chelsea)

Mine's on hold after losing heavily to Galatasaray and CSKA away and drawing to CSKA at home after having dominated the game, plus being on par with Olympiakos, 3 behind AEK some 10 games in the league... pretty disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting a new game tonight with Panathinaikos, nice read here, good info.

I'll keep you informed on how things are going. (it's an online game, my friend is playing as Olympiakos)

I'll keep you informed on how things are going. (it's an online game, my friend is playing as Olympiakos)

Please keep us informed...and pleased beat the Reds! :D

btw what leagues did you load? I do the major ones and Greece:

Argentina (Top League)

Brazil (Top League)

England (Championship and above)

France (Top league)

Germany (Top League)

Greece (all Leagues)

Spain (2nd division and above)

All players from Cyprus loaded.

I don't load too many leagues.

• 1 month later...
btw what leagues did you load? I do the major ones and Greece:

Argentina (Top League)

Brazil (Top League)

England (Championship and above)

France (Top league)

Germany (Top League)

Greece (all Leagues)

Spain (2nd division and above)

All players from Cyprus loaded.

I don't load too many leagues.

What about Italy?! :mad::thdn:

does my team just suck or is there a bug in the game?

I am in CL after a great game against Standard (Belgium).

But once league starts, I've gone 0-1-1, and we are playing like ****.

I'm new to the game and I've had some great signings during transfer, we're supposed to win league, and i'm probably going to finish 3rd in CL group with 7 or 8 points. why do we suck in domestic??? I'm playing an A- team.

Help or suggestions would be sweet. BTW Transfer window is done, so can't bring anyone in

**UPDATE** - I beat Chelsea 2-1 in Champions League.

Since when is Greek lower-tier teams better than Chelsea? WTF?!?!?!?

Edit2: Played 3 GSL games so far, 0-2-1, 0 GF 1 GA. In CL with a Chelsea win, I'll probably now get 10-11 points, with slight possibility of getting into round of 16. Seriously don't get this.

team + formations.

was playing standard 4-4-2, as I just figured out how to change the formations...

i will probably play a 4-1-3-2 now that i see i can change it, as that's typically my best formation if i change it up with subs. never knew i could change it up before the game.

anyways have played 4 league games, and 2 CL games and like 9 friendlies.

in friendlies I am 7-1-1, with 28 GF and 4 GA. Half were against the teams that come with the game, the rest I set up with "major" clubs in Europe.

in league I am 1-1-2, with 5 points in 4 games :( 2GF and 1 GA.

in CL group I am 1-1, with 3 points in 2 games. 4GF and 4 GA. I should be 2-0, but against PSV I hit the post 4 times and let 2 horrible goals in.

In that PSV game I was playing 4-4-2 and was getting owned. Made subs in second half and changed formation to a 4-3-1-2 and dominated, but got lucky i didn't give up a goal on two breakaways they had.

For the switches do you guys recommend having it slightly off-balanced?

since playing a 4-3-1-2 i've won all 3 league games against mid-level opponents by comfortable scorelines (2-0, 4-1, 2-0). this formation is working alot better :)

why does it do a standar 4-4-2 to begin with if it sucks and its hard to win and you get dominated against bad teams?

i finally figured this game out i think. pretty much, a 4-4-2 blows ass and you need to do a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-3-2-1 or something like that. also you gotta have your insturctions lean towards an offensive side.

after starting the season miserably, I am half way through season on top by 2 points, only drawing once in the last 12 league games, while finishing second in group play for CL :D

shame fm10 is coming out soon im addictied. can you transfer careers over from one to other?

^ Unfortunately, you can't :(.

I think Panathinaikos is the first team I will play with on FM10.

btw a guy I know just won the CL with Panathinaikos in 2012 :).

(sorry WizOfOzNike I actually loaded:

Argentina (top)

Brazil (top)

England (first two)

Italy (top)

Spain (first two)

Romania (top)

to go with Greece.)

• 1 month later...

Playing in my second season with Pana,

Im on a 36 match unbeaten run in the league, which is since i started the game ;)

i need to replace my GK, as Federico Vilar's contract is up at the end of the season and he has "no intention" of signing a new one.

Cant seem to find any GK's that come close to him that would join me?

any ideas?!?

Candre168? Still handing out advice. Im starting on an update. Is the advice the same as the OP? Where to strengthen etc.

I'm here yes.

My advice for FM 2009 is about the same. Start the game, choose title challenge and then ask for a transfer budget increase. Then with that money, buy a DC (Ivanov is a good one, so is Leo) and then a ST (Gignac possibly). Also get a RB (Jonathan from Cruzeiro).

If you do this, as well as dumping all the crap you should have a decent team. If you win the league, the start of the 2nd season you can start buying some good players (get Marquinhos and Asenjo for sure imo).

Also, play Ninis continually. If he gets games, he gets GOOD very quickly.

I'll be creating a new thread for FM2010 when it comes out.

Tomovic (Red Star) for RB is very good as well as cheap.

Also there is a good young DC in CSKA Sofia, sorry but I don't remember his name, worth checking out.

They might not become superstars like some better known young players, but you'll have far better chances of keeping them when they'll fulfill their potential, cause western teams won't be as aggressive.

I holidayed my first season. I did my transfers before seeing your post Candre.

Bought in Adrien, Kabore, Biglia, Nestor. That was it.

I won the league, not sure by how much as when I came back it was season 2 October. Didnt win the Greek Super Cup though. I therefore have no transfers in this season so far.

I probably wont be contiuing anyway, I didnt find it that fun.

Archived