Candre168

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you buy Nilmar?

Yep, I posted my team a few posts back:

GK: Ochoa, Tzorvas, Gavriil Konstantinou

RB: Van der Wiel, Vyntra

CB: Leo, K.Papadopoulos, Melissis, Tavlaridis, (Katsouranis and Vyntra can also play here if needed)

LB: Spyropoulos, Darlas, Wawryznyak

RM: Ninis, Christofi, Katsianikoulis

CM: Katsouranis, Diaby, Magrao, Giorgos Panagi and a regen that can play here if needed.

LM: Giovinco, Sergio Mota, Rusculleda

ST: Nilmar, Bendtner, Pavlis, Rochina

I'm getting decent results out of Nilmar, just interested in what Hopey uses. I've got Bendtner holding up the ball, and Nilmar as the FCa at the moment but Nilmar seemed to score more as the FCd funnily enough.

I'm 1st in the league again (by 1 point), and qualified for the knockout stages for the CL. I pulled out good results against Bayern, and Sporting CP.

Hey Hopey, what player instructions are you using on Nilmar?

I'll grab a screenshot of his instructions if you like, however off the top of my head I have him on;

Mentality - What ever fits your tactic

Creative Freedom - 12/13

Passing - Mixed middle notch

Forward Runs - Often or Mixed (Depends how often he is getting caught offside! :D)

Run with ball - Often

Long shots - Rarely

Through balls - Mixed

Cross ball - Rarely

I'll grab a screenshot of his instructions if you like, however off the top of my head I have him on;

Mentality - What ever fits your tactic

Creative Freedom - 12/13

Passing - Mixed middle notch

Forward Runs - Often or Mixed (Depends how often he is getting caught offside! :D)

Run with ball - Often

Long shots - Rarely

Through balls - Mixed

Cross ball - Rarely

Yeah, this is what I do for him. He's got two strikers ahead of him on the top scorers table but I'm hoping he'll do better and win it :D

The tactic I created is a short passing, wide, attacking mentality with focus passing on mixed. It's a 4-4-2. As I said before, when I play the best teams in the CL I drop the two CM's to DM, drop mentality to the defensive end of normal and counter attack. It works well :).

Yeah, this is what I do for him. He's got two strikers ahead of him on the top scorers table but I'm hoping he'll do better and win it :D

The tactic I created is a short passing, wide, attacking mentality with focus passing on mixed. It's a 4-4-2. As I said before, when I play the best teams in the CL I drop the two CM's to DM, drop mentality to the defensive end of normal and counter attack. It works well :).

You have to give him time to settle as-well, but I'm sure he will steadily improve. :thup:

Magrão. :cool:

thinking of strting game as panathinaikos which other leagues/nations should i load

All the Greek ones and then it's up to you.

I usually load all the major European ones (the first divisions of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal and Russia) and Brazil & Argentina (first divisions). It's up to you though, as I said earlier, you may prefer more leagues or less leagues. Don't run more than your computer can handle though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do Panathinaikos' players have a hidden "aims at the crossbar/post" PPM or something?!,

Never seen so many missed goals as in the last two days it's something in between ridiculous and amazing.

Got some youth in (Lambo GK, Smolov ST, Ochirosii AML, ???glou DM, Zuculini DM, Tomovic DR on loan till xmas), didn't spend loads of money. Paloschi didn't want to move, got all my offers for Srna refused, Dinamo was being unreasonable over Milevskyi.

Plagued by injuries. Salpingidis out 4 months, backup strikers unable to score, might have to try Smolov, hopefully he won't suck as much as the others.

4 games in,

AEK 10

Aris 9

Panathinaikos 8

Olympiacos 7

(2-0, 2-0, 0-0, 0-0. I don't concede, but just can't score anymore as I said before).

CL Group Stage, got ManUtd, Munich and Cluj. Home draw against Munich (dominated the game, yet we had to trail for around 70 minutes... did I mention the crossbar/posts thing, yeah?), won at Cluj. Munich got a point against ManUtd so I'm prolly doomed already.

Might just give in and finally graduate.

Win the league in Greece first, this is the first step to having CL dominance as winning the league gives you the money/reputation to sign the good enough players.

You really should have invested in a good striker (Pogrebnyak) but you can buy Marquinhos after the first season anyway :thup:

makes sense. hope i can make it.

update:

- after 8 games 1st in the league, 1 clear of oly, the others are 4+ behind

- through the cup 4th round, penalties. oly went out, penalties as well

- demolished manutd in athens, 3-1 (own goal and a denied penalty). second most satisfying match i ever had.

p.s.: oh, forgot to mention i lost 5-1 in manchester XD

Eh, not really sure about my tactics.

Usually I play 4 defenders who don't push up, 2 DMs (Silva very defensive, Mattos with offensive duties), MR, MC, ML who all push, lone striker.

This is how I won 3-1.

If extra-punch is needed I move the DMs to MCs and the Ms to AMs.

Against an overwhelming opposition (or to waste time in the last few minutes of a match) both the DMs play very defensively and the Ms don't push up.

This is how I lost 5-1.

(plus obviously each tactic has a tweaked width, def. line depth, etc.)

ideas ?_?

I'm using a 4-2-3-1:

----Gk----

DR-CB-CB-DL

---CM-CM---

AMR-AMC-AML

-----FC-----

but it is dreadful when playing away and in the CL. I have no suggestions, might want to ask in the tactics forum.

As a rule htough, in the CL I drop the two CM's to DM.

To win in Greece you need three very good attacking/creative players ( I have four,Pogrebnyak, Marquinhos, Alex and Ninis)....to win in the CL you need to add 3-4 good hard working defensive players to this mix. It is possible to do well in the CL (I have seen people win it eventually with PAO) but it does take time. With the original squad you could make it to the knockout stages, with my squad in the 3rd season I should make it to the Quarter Finals, possible Semi's depending on the draw.

i loaded all the leagues from eastern europe plus the big western & south americans and the mls

might want to load denmark as the only feeder yo start with plays there

btw how do you guys live without a reserve team? i'm having troubles keeping players fit.

gonna start a new game with panathinaikos tommorow any advice on what leagues i should load?

England (Championship and above)

France (Ligue 1 only)

Germany (First Division only)

Greece (All Leagues)

Italy (Serie B and above)

Russia (Premier Division only)

Spain (Liga adelante and above)

Argentina (Premier Division only)

Brazil (First Division only)

Large database, all players from Cyprus loaded...That's what I did. Go with what your computer can run though. You will definitely need to load the top leagues in Brazil and Argentina as this is where you will buy most of your best players.

I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend you do two things.

1. When asked for season expectations, DO NOT CLICK WINNER! For one, you might not win and secondly if you click challenge for the titile, wait untill the day after your first press-conference and ask for a budget increase and they give it to you :thup: They don't give you a budget increase if you expect to win.

2. Buy Pogrebnyak in the 1st season, or even better Marquinhos in the 2nd. You wont regret it. I bought both :D...although that might not let you buy a defender which you will also need. If you want a cheap young defender and high potential defender, look at Dalton from Fluminense. Just remove Bryce Moon from your non-EU spot and it will all fit.

As for the no reserves, yes it's not great but if you have a player who is just over 21 (like Rukavina), you can dump him there.

I don't want no Rukavina contamining my youth. Sold him for 2m€ to Ajax. I hate him. Had to play him a lot because of Salpingidis injury. Scored 1, on his last game, after i already accepted the offer.

HATEHATEHATE

By the way, 22 games in, 4 points ahead of Olympiakos.

Lost 1-0 away to Munich so I'm in UEFA Cup now. Lost away 1-0 to CSKA in the first leg, might be able to turn it around at home.

Well done, but just remember that in Greece, even a draw against a small team is horrible. In Greece you can really only afford to drop a few points here or there because the chances are Olympiacos will storm everyone else. If you can win the league, that's a good achievement.

Hopefully you can turn round that UEFA Cup leg. If not, give it a go the next year when your team is stronger.

1-0 goal by Ninis, Tzorvas saved a penalty. Then won on penalties 7-6!

I was cruising 6 in front of Oly till game 14, then I lost my first match against them. A poor run after that, now just lost at home to AEK, so just 1 ahead =( holdin' on.

Basically:

League:

PAO 15-5-3, 50 pts lost to AEK at home, Olympiakos and Panthrakikos (!!!) away

OLY 15-4-4, 49 pts lost to Levadeiakos, Asteras, Larisa, Thrasyvoulos all away. Worse than me, uh?!

Cup:

PAO next round Aris

OLY out against Xanthi

Champions League:

PAO out group stage 10 pts [ManUtd (13), Bayern (11), Cluj (0)]

OLY out group stage 4 pts [Villareal (14), Liverpool (11), Spartak (2)]

UEFA:

PAO won vs CSKA next round ManCity

OLY won vs Sampdoria next round Valencia

I can't say I'm doing great, but hey, I guess I'm still ahead.

You got 10 points from that group? Well done on that. A slightly easier group and you would have qualified, are you using the same tactic as before? Man City next though :thdn:. They are worse than Arsenal.

For for the game against Panthrakikos, it's like what I said, when you play in Greece you have to be on the top of your form every game. I usually try to play for a draw against Olympiacos, although this doesn't sually work for me. Last time though, I beat them 3-1 :D.

im about to sign jesus gamez for 3-3.5 million from malga. btw what do i do about already having 5 non-eu players? as for cd im looking as mateo masuchio from river, juan forlin from boca, and dalton from fluminese

im about to sign jesus gamez for 3-3.5 million from malga. btw what do i do about already having 5 non-eu players? as for cd im looking as mateo masuchio from river, juan forlin from boca, and dalton from fluminese

Remove the non-EU players that suck, like Bryce Moon. iirc, when you start the game you should have 1 spot available. So you can sign two players and remove Bryce moon.

Remove the non-EU players that suck, like Bryce Moon. iirc, when you start the game you should have 1 spot available. So you can sign two players and remove Bryce moon.

thanks ill be selling moon and bringing in appiah (whenever he is fit enough to pass) and some south american wonderkid in no time.

btw what sound i do about loukas i think i could get some good cash for him and use that to get forlin any advice?

edit: with moon i have 5 spots so ill only be able to bring one in

The bad: 2-2 in Manchester, 0-1 in Athens, I'm out.

The REAL bad: I'm 1 behind with 4 games to go, so I'll have to win the direct confrontation. (their goal difference is much better than mine too... yay.)

thanks ill be selling moon and bringing in appiah (whenever he is fit enough to pass) and some south american wonderkid in no time.

btw what sound i do about loukas i think i could get some good cash for him and use that to get forlin any advice?

edit: with moon i have 5 spots so ill only be able to bring one in

Loukas Vyntra? I like him as a rotation player as he is decent at RB, LB and CB. He's decent defensively but very poor going forward at RB. I don't think you'll get too much for him, but if you do then sell him.

Have you bought Jesus Gamez yet? My first investment is usually in a striker (Pogrebnyak), but if you want to wait a year you can get Marquinhos next year who will be your top scorer, no doubt.

The bad: 2-2 in Manchester, 0-1 in Athens, I'm out.

The REAL bad: I'm 1 behind with 4 games to go, so I'll have to win the direct confrontation. (their goal difference is much better than mine too... yay.)

:( First year is always like that...always close. On my first season I was ahead all season, and then with 4 games left went behind on Goal difference (as we were even on head to head). I won the last game of the season and the title by a couple of goals :D. If it doesn't work out next season, bring in an attacking superstar and you should win.

Loukas Vyntra? I like him as a rotation player as he is decent at RB, LB and CB. He's decent defensively but very poor going forward at RB. I don't think you'll get too much for him, but if you do then sell him.

Have you bought Jesus Gamez yet? My first investment is usually in a striker (Pogrebnyak), but if you want to wait a year you can get Marquinhos next year who will be your top scorer, no doubt.

Yeah i got both actually for 13 million. i offloaded a goalie for free, sent moon on loan for 240k, and send some other guy on loan for a couple hundred k.

i have a pretty big squad so ill probably end up selling another 3 players and maybe bring 1 prospect or so.

ive decided to to keep loukas and sell nilson instead as he is older and can play less positions

picture2enq.th.jpg

Then away draw in the last game with Olympiakos winning, so even on 67 points but we were crowned champions on direct confrontations (0-1, 3-0).

Oh, and, by the way, that's a double.

The last few games (cup semis against AEK, Olympiakos, Asteras... in 7 days the second leg and the two league games) were trilling, the team was plagued by injuries and very tired, so the second lines had to step in... and brilliantly they did, especially Christodoulopoulos.

WHO'S NEXT?!

(Goldberg's voice here)

So, transfer market.

Moon is back, he didn't accept PAOK's contract offers. The guy had a very good season topping the assist chart and averaging 7.11.

I signed Tomovic for profit: had a loan to buy clause of 220k€ and he's now worth 1.7m€... As soon as I get a good EU national RB to replace him, he's to be sold.

Roma is trailing Milevskyi.

Real Madrid is trailing Srna.

Hoping in a FAT transfer budget... still have 12m from last season as well.

Suggestions? I'd like to keep the team as eastern european as possible.

My "indefinitely-shortlisted" players are:

Akinfeev

Milevskyi

Srna

Dzagoev

Pjanic (just to displease Lyon, don't really need him as there's Ninis there)

Papastathopoulos

+ Papadopoulos the DC prospect from Oly

Pakito well done! I strongly suggest Marquinhos but it's up to you :D. To keep your players happy, set a 55M asking price on them. They might try leaving for short periods but they usually stay happy. Papadopoulos is a great prospect...there are also a couple of great Greek regens that usually come up in the 2nd/3rd season...especially for OFI Crete I found.

daffyg, well done as well! Keep us updated.

pavy has been great other than one game where he got a 5.7.

i won 3 more league games since my last update and dominated fenerbache at away in the cl but only won 1-0 but then bremen beat me 2-0 at home so im currently third in my group and im not to optimistic as i have to play manyoo twice and go to bremen (along with a home game against fenerbache). i also got a home draw against one of the worst teams in the leage uhh

gilberto silva has been great though he just got injured and ninis has been very good already replacing gabriel out on the right.\

Mid-august, the team looks like this:

[youth]

*regens

>ins this season

GK: Tzorvas, Galinovic [>Lambo, Chatzis, Skrekas]

DR: >Tomovic, Vyntra [>Mattioni]

DL: Spyropoulos, Wawrzyniak

DC: Melissis, David, Goumas [>Papadopoulos, Tarasiadis]

DMdef: Silva, Zuculini, Simao [Gentsoglou]

DMoff: Mattos, Tziolis, Gadzhev [*Stoikos, *Dimitrakopoulos]

MR: Ninis, Gabriel, Christodoulopoulos

MC: >Dzagoev, Karagounis, Cleyton

ML: Ivanschitz, Ochirosii

ST: >Toshev, Salpingidis, Mantzios [smolov, >Kadlec, Apostolakis]

Splashed the cash on Dzagoev, 21m€ + 50% profit... put a 80m€ minimum release fee on him, he's gonna die with a green shirt on.

6m€ for Toshev from CSKA Sofia, a moment ago. Badly needed a striker, hope he works. (fairly strong/very strong, finishing 16 composure 15 dribbling 13 first touch 13 heading 13 jumping 14 long shots 12 technique 13 pace 13 etc. 19 years old)

I was in bid for Milevskyi but he went to ManCity.

Pogrebnyak was offered, placed a bid, he went to Newcastle.

Srna... oh, screw him, signed for Chelsea.

Yay.

Mate Simao wants to leave. I'd let him go if Lyon wasn't pushing for Gilberto Silva. I need at least one of them for depth. No luck with the 55m€ trick.

Still 7m€ in my pocket, I definitely need another DC.

Wanted to buy Papastathopoulos but he signed a new contract with Genoa so no joy.

Suggestions? Keep it eastern european if possible.

I might go to sleep now.

You should have got Marquinhos :(.

To prevent players wanting to leave, put an incredibly high price tag on them. Even if they ask to be transfer listed, no one will bid that much and they will then ask to be removed from the transfer list and be happy :).

Marquinhos went to Ajax. I had no fgn spots anyways so meh, let's hope the midfield can provide as many goals as last year... with the added class of Dzgoev it shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, again, I'd love the squad to be an eastern Europe all stars team, so keeping westerners/south americans to a minimum. I'm not in for total dominance using the best players, I'm in for coherence =) guess I'll call it a game as soon as I get the UEFA Cup or a semis run into the CL.

Btw, managed to get a 1-0 home win against the european champions (Barça) in a friendly match where they played their best team... so I'm pretty happy.

IIRC, got CSKA Moscow, Chelsea and Galatasaray in my CL group. There is no outsider like last year (Cluj), but with some luck I can make it through.

I did put the 55m€ price on the players since the beginning of the game, they just became unhappy, hope it works.

Archived