Work permits - exciting talents -tiny rant-

icon_mad.gif

how do you define an exciting talent because on my 8.02 patch the only way u can get a work permit what so ever is if ure under 18 and have 20 everything and the player must have played at least 100 odd internationals. i found a russian regen version of bojan who was joint top scorer in the champions league and broke into russias first team with 7 goals in 10 games - my first reaction was fantastic and they salled (solled -sp) him for 7.8m i thought i was about to make the coup of ther centuary till the beloved work permits came up and he was turned down but why??? was russia at war with england, is the dude that decides a scouse, i just dont get why this guy wasnt an exciting talent, bojan was a league 2 player compared to this guy i monitored him throughtout a few internationals and league games he never puts a foot wrong hes got something like a 90% pass success rate....

Has anyone else had problems with work permits i cba loanining him out to antwerp tht ruined cahias carrer and if players like zarate can get wp's then why not the dude with the potential to become the worlds best striker!

I never see AI teams have a player turned down because of a work permit and no way in real life (cause lets face it, we want fm to be as realistic as possible) are players rejected with such high standars set for work permits and how often do you see chelseas -man utds - arsenals - madrid not getting their cheap abroad unproven talent

please lower the standars for work permits on the next football manager because it is %&£$" and a again dont slaughter me if this does not resemble ure game because well i don play ure game i play my game which im fairly sure is a geordie but thats a whole different rant

It annoys me to hell

I just got a new young striker, but I need to loan him out, no matter how much I tried to sign him and offer new contracts he wont get a permit.

Its just a bit annoying cause 3 years is a long time.

Is there anyway around it? eg FMM?

lucky you..... i need to download some random thing that allows me to edit files and ive never played fm before and ive certainly never used an editor or mod before so this kids carrer has been been ruined. someone said something about loaning to spanish clubs if someone would like to explain....

It's a minefield to implement and in real life it is notoriously fickle (Gonzalez for Liverpool vs Anderson for Man Utd). As far as I can tell the work permit on appeal in FM works mostly off CA. In the EPL it seems to be around 160ish. Based on this system there are a few players who have gotten permits in real life who would not get one in FM based on their researched CA (Anderson in 8.0.0 database and Caicedo for Man City for example).

In some respects the actual rule has been misconstrued on here to mean an exciting talent i.e. high PA, when in real life the actual rules relate to current quality and the capability to contribute to the game as a whole (whatever the hell that means icon_confused.gif).

As I said it's neither consistent nor deterministic in the real world which makes it difficult to code. Hence the use of CA in determining quality.

So solutions to what you perceive as unrealistic:-

1. Give him a 2nd Nationality using FMM as AcidBurn says

2. Bump his CA then lower it back when he gets his permit using FMM

Exciting talents do get Work Permits turned down, Vela had to be loaned out to Spanish clubs because he couldn't get one, only now he has he finally been granted one. However that said if someone is top scorer in Champions League they should be granted a WP.

In real life, is there some kind of special system specifically for football or something?

I've always been curious about this. Eg. I work for a software company, and we've plenty of programmers working for us from outside Europe. I don't know the details I'm fairly sure they didn't have to undergo a programming test to prove they were good enough for a work permit - if the company wants to hire them then that's proof enough. I'd have thought it should be the same for a footballer or any other career.

They can't "lower" the standards as it's supposed to represent real-life.

From the Home Office:

To be eligible for a work permit:

* a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

* the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

I suspect that he needs 1-2 more caps before you can sign him. It took my Japanese winger 11 caps, for example.

If he is a good player i just sign him and then loan him out to some good club. I dont use my WP feeders because i noticed that loaning players to a non running league seriously decreases his CA. After two years in some spanish or french club he is usually good enough to get a WP. If that doesnt work and he is near the end of his contract just sell him for a nice profit.

Archived