Future transfer fees bug (Kind of a cheat)

It's a question of self-discipline whether you want to get reality to the game or play an arcade version of FM. If you are 7 years old and success is everything that counts, I'd suggest have fun with the "bug" and tell your friends how successful you are in your future real life job. For all others, I think it's possible not to cheat at oneself and have some nice hours with this manager game.

Have a look in the bug forum, theres loads of allsorts of bugs being reported. Some will be actual bugs and some won't, but they have to investigate them all thoroughly and then prioritise which are the most important to work on first.

I gave you Miles' words on the subject, what else can a mere mortal like me say. Sorry that how they run things isn't how you like or how you would, but we really can't change it. You seem to think that fixing bugs is the easiest thing in the world for these people.

"Just the knowledge that i can buy players for nothing ruins the experience for me."

Stop being such a baby. Exercise some self control and don't bother with it. Or do bother with it and see how empty the game becomes for you because of it and then make a conscious decision not to use it again. The choice is yours but you seem to just like to moan a lot. This conversation seems to be going round in circles regardless of what I say to you.

You make me laugh. You are what people call fanboy. Defending something even when there is a huge problem with it. How would you know that fixing this bug would cause conflicts with something in the game? You are a programmer? You gave me Miles words??? So? I gave you a fact that this football management simulation has a huge bug in it that makes it far from realistic, and i gave you a fact that fixing this would cause no conflicts, and would take a couple minutes to do.

Here is another one

"I noticed you can buy good regens from obscure countries, raise them up a bit and sell them off for free to a decent team. So you sell them for free, but you can put down something like £50m after 5 appearances for national team.

And because they are from obscure countires, pretty certain they will get a game as soon as they get popular.

Teams don't seem to care if you offer them players with 50m after 5 games either. Strange."

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=107792

Have a nice fanboy life, and goodbye. :rolleyes:

I gave you a fact that this football management simulation has a huge bug in it that makes it far from realistic' date=' and i gave you a fact that fixing this would cause no conflicts, and would take a couple minutes to do.[/quote']

It's not so much a bug as an exploit, if you choose to use that exploit then that's your problem, but if it doesn't affect everyone it can't be considered a bug.

It's a cheat, in the same way that a number of games have cheats, and as with these games, it's at the users discretion whether or not they use it.

It's not so much a bug as an exploit, if you choose to use that exploit then that's your problem, but if it doesn't affect everyone it can't be considered a bug.

It's a cheat, in the same way that a number of games have cheats, and as with these games, it's at the users discretion whether or not they use it.

But why not just fix this exploit, or a mishap, or a bug, whatever you want to call it? It seams reasonable to me.

But why not just fix this exploit' date=' or a mishap, or a bug, whatever you want to call it? It seams reasonable to me.[/quote']

It shouldn't be a priority, because people can avoid it simply by doing nothing. You have to go out of your way to experience this, so it's up to the user whether they are affected by it or not. I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day, it just isn't a big deal IMO.

I don't understand the big problem - It's never going to effect you if you don't use it.

It's just like saying "Oh, You shouldn't be able to control two teams and transfer between them" It's human choice to use this way of playing the game....As are RTE's.

It was all a dream.........just a dream........

I would have to change my whole nature to not use this. I'm just a natural exploiter :D It's so hard :) I'm just joking, but i don't get why this patching buisness has to be so grand? Why not make it like windows updates itself? Just a silent update that fixes the problem in the game. If this was something ME related then i understand that a change would probably affect a whole lot in the game, and that requires testing... but this fix is just a change in the criteria of the transfer system. Wouldn't affect anything, but would make the game better.

I would have to change my whole nature to not use this. I'm just a natural exploiter :D It's so hard :) I'm just joking' date=' but i don't get why this patching buisness has to be so grand? Why not make it like windows updates itself? Just a silent update that fixes the problem in the game. If this was something ME related then i understand that a change would probably affect a whole lot in the game, and that requires testing... but this fix is just a change in the criteria of the transfer system. Wouldn't affect anything, but would make the game better.[/quote']

As was quoted earlier by someone there are a few different versions of the game and some use Steam and some don't, Too many different variations for SI to implement and keep everyone happy.

So if you bought him for nothing at the start of his carrier' date=' you [b']could[/b] have him for almost haly of his carrier, and then sell him for a nice profit?

There are the two important words highlighted in bold. This is why it isn't a bug that can cause you never ending problems in the game. It's an exploit, like muncherdave and Nomis have said, just like the corner bug was/is. If you don't want your player with good jumping/heading to score 20+ goals a season don't have him challenge gk etc. Just in the same way here - if you don't want to cheat in your game then don't go buy a world class player in the way that has been spoken about.

Why do you have problem with realising that the game has this problem that makes a game that is suppose to simulate real football management less realistic?

Why would you have a problem with this?

1. There is a problem with the transfer system

2. Fix the problem

3. Game is more realistic

Where is the problem?

Your approach is:

1. There is a problem with the transfer system

2. Be little fanboys and say: "oh you don't have to use it", "you have to have more self control..."

3. The game remains with this problem for all eternity

Don't you think that the first way of dealing with this would be a bit smarter?

It's like if your car can't go in 5th gear, so just don't use the 5th gear. Yeah, very smart.

Man this could be interesting! I wonder if you use this and then say 10-5 games before the 50 games is up you resign or change clubs will the club off load him before the 50 games or do nothing and DIE! hahaha anyone here who has tried this?

I have known about this since FM 07 and thought it was a well known by the majority of users. I used it in FM 08 to attract such players as Messi and Silva to Newcastle in my 4th or 5th season. The only problem is that even after selling the player you are still liable to pay the fees if the player surpasses the requirement.

Why do you have problem with realising that the game has this problem that makes a game that is suppose to simulate real football management less realistic?

Why would you have a problem with this?

It's like if your car can't go in 5th gear' date=' so just don't use the 5th gear. Yeah, very smart.[/quote']

That would be you losing the capability of the car. Whereas, with this 'huge bug' it does not make you lose anything. Ok, you lose the realism but only if you choose to expoilt the problem with the game. So your comparison is miles off to be honest.

I'm sure that SI will be looking into this now for fixing in FM2010 that it has been highlighted so intelligently by your good self.

Oh and as for the fanboy rant. That made me laugh. I have issues with this game and don't think it's anywhere near perfect and I have never once came on here to 'a*se lick' to SI in anyway, shape or form.

I thank you.

;)

You make me laugh. You are what people call fanboy. Defending something even when there is a huge problem with it. How would you know that fixing this bug would cause conflicts with something in the game? You are a programmer? You gave me Miles words??? So? I gave you a fact that this football management simulation has a huge bug in it that makes it far from realistic' date=' and i gave you a fact that fixing this would cause no conflicts, and would take a couple minutes to do.

[/quote']

No I am not a programmer.

I'm not saying that they should release a patch just for this bug' date=' but if there are couple more, why not?

It looks that si have a policy of 3 patches, and that's it. It just seams a funny policy, when you can just make a fourth one and make the game better. It's not like it would cost 10.000 € to make it. [b']It's probably 2 minutes for a programmer, and 1 min. to upload it.[/b]

Are you?

Have a nice fanboy life' date=' and goodbye. :rolleyes:[/quote']

You have basically one argument which you repeat endlessly, like it is going to carry more weight with every instance. Or perhaps it is just because you plain aren't very bright. You have no interest in any sort of discussion, all you are here for is to try to twist peoples words to start arguments, so I guess that makes you a troll. I guess we're now virtual enemies or something. I shall quivver with fear at the mere presence of you near my posts again. You are the winner, a true champion of keyboard heroism :thup:

• 1 month later...

Archived