Injuries, FM09 A Joke

Injuries are always bad and sad but statistically FM 09 injury rates are ok. In todays foorball a team of 24 players have average of 5 unavailable players on match days. And of course there are also lots of examples when this number is higher. You have right to curse if you can not form your ideal squad due to injuries but it is in the game(both in real life and FM).

I understand the need for injuries so the game feels realistic, but this is still a game where players are trying to have fun.

Try losing Arguero, Balotelli, Diarra and Bojan to injury in a single game and arguing that the game is either realistic or fun.

I understand the need for injuries so the game feels realistic, but this is still a game where players are trying to have fun.

Try losing Arguero, Balotelli, Diarra and Bojan to injury in a single game and arguing that the game is either realistic or fun.

The game's goal is realism, not what is easy and what you say is "fun".

If you have stats that go against what you feel is real, then post them in the bugs forum.

The game's goal is realism, not what is easy and what you say is "fun".

If you have stats that go against what you feel is real, then post them in the bugs forum.

Have you ever seen a team in real life go down to 10 men because 4 players were injured? I am an ignorant yank who's only been following the game for 6 years now, but ive NEVER seen a team go down to 10 men because of 4 injuries.

Ive seen teams go down to 10 men because one player was injured late and they didnt have any subs left, but to argue that injuries of that sort are realistic is absurd.

Also I do take some offense that you believe the game should be more real than fun. There has to be a happy medium and having injuries make a player contemplate abandoning a game theyve invested 20+ hours in because of injuries is counter productive to their aim of creating an enjoyable gaming experience.

Have you ever seen a team in real life go down to 10 men because 4 players were injured? I am an ignorant yank who's only been following the game for 6 years now, but ive NEVER seen a team go down to 10 men because of 4 injuries.

You said they weren't all "have to come off" injuries, some of them were knocks? In which case, yes it does happen.

Also I do take some offense that you believe the game should be more real than fun. There has to be a happy medium and having injuries make a player contemplate abandoning a game theyve invested 20+ hours in because of injuries is counter productive to their aim of creating an enjoyable gaming experience.

I didn't say I believed it, it's the aim that the developers are taking. As far as injuries etc. go they are making them realistic in line with real figures provided by physioroom.com, I really have no idea why you would take offense at that.

i think its quite plausable that that amount of players could be injured in 1 match, in my huddersfield game i once saw an opponent lose 2 to red cards then after they had subbed later on in the game they lost 2 to injuries, which is what i expected has i was punishing them for a earlier thrashing to me from them.

on another note:

dicko i go with pete on this posting a pointless one line statement that means nothing to the thread, also post count means nothing against the infractions you've received, you little law breaker you.

You said they weren't all "have to come off" injuries, some of them were knocks? In which case, yes it does happen.

I didn't say I believed it, it's the aim that the developers are taking. As far as injuries etc. go they are making them realistic in line with real figures provided by physioroom.com, I really have no idea why you would take offense at that.

These most certainly were have to come off injuries. 4 players were incapable of playing on.

I said I will sub players who pick up a minor nick (not in the game-s in question, but as a general rule) because ive found they miss crazy amounts of time if you make them play through most minor injuries.

I hope they include a no injury option in the next game or patch until they address the "realism" of the game.

i think its quite plausable that that amount of players could be injured in 1 match, in my huddersfield game i once saw an opponent lose 2 to red cards then after they had subbed later on in the game they lost 2 to injuries, which is what i expected has i was punishing them for a earlier thrashing to me from them.

on another note:

dicko i go with pete on this posting a pointless one line statement that means nothing to the thread, also post count means nothing against the infractions you've received, you little law breaker you.

thats an entirely different scenario, they only lost 2 to injury. ive lost 4 to injury in game, twice, in a two month period.

yes it is dude but i didnt have anything like what yours is and that is the nearest i could find

have you lost so many to injury that the game had to be abandoned

also i dont think a injury on/off button will ever be introduced

These most certainly were have to come off injuries. 4 players were incapable of playing on.

Fair enough, but it's not beyond the realms of reality, Stoke were forced to make 3 subs within 30 minutes at the weekend, it's not far-fetched that another player could have got injured after that.

Also a few years ago Liverpool lost 3 players to injury in the first half and then Luis Garcia picked up a serious ankle injury but hobbled on for the whole of the second half.

I said I will sub players who pick up a minor nick (not in the game-s in question, but as a general rule) because ive found they miss crazy amounts of time if you make them play through most minor injuries.

You have your beliefes and it's up to you how you play the game, but I tend to leave them on if they've got a knock unless it's very visable that they are struggling, I've not had any serious blowback because of this and injury times don't seem grately exagerrated just from them being left on the pitch.

I hope they include a no injury option in the next game or patch until they address the "realism" of the game.

The option is simply never going to happen, of course you could always download an in-game editor such as FMRTE and remove the injuries everytime you get one. IF that's what will help you enjoy the game.

I have not had any issuses regarding injuries on the latest patch i have a few short term now and then which helps me switch and use fringe players at times thats football for you.

As for the match pitch why dont you run your game as only comentary and have the goal highlights 3D thats what i do i keep check on the scores and match stats until a goal goes in.

Fair enough, but it's not beyond the realms of reality, Stoke were forced to make 3 subs within 30 minutes at the weekend, it's not far-fetched that another player could have got injured after that.

Also a few years ago Liverpool lost 3 players to injury in the first half and then Luis Garcia picked up a serious ankle injury but hobbled on for the whole of the second half.

Said games are what, once every season per team at the very most?

These situations should be extremely rare.

In fact, on the current set of fixtures in the Premiership, didn't Stoke make up most of all the injuries in all the matches? The only other injury I recall was Clichy's head injury. So yes, 4 injuries is possible - across all fixtures!

i have to say that i agree with the op as last week i started a new game with 9.02 and got to the final of the fa cup for the first time in quite a few versions if ever lol i cant remember and i got to the semi final of the uefa cup 1st season only for in the week after the semi of the fa cup to have ALL 11 FIRST TEAM PLAYERS get injured for like a month or two which meant that i had to use mostly reserve players and the couple of first teamers i could get to crawl outta the hospital bed for the game had like 50-60 percent fitness so i ended up losing the cup final 1-0 in extra time you can just imagine my frustration because ive never won anything on any fm/cm.

I've seen this debated elsewhere, and it usually comes down to a minority of posters claiming "bug" and the majority claiming "works fine for me". Personally, I've gone through streaks of few/no injuries for several months to six or seven players out at one time, using the exact same training schedule each time. This sort of thing isn't unheard of, as some teams do suffer a plague of injuries in real life...but in the game, it's seemingly much more frequent- even to the computer teams. Trying to play a season in the MLS can be...interesting...as teams frequently dump players just to sign injury replacements to meet roster requirements. It's a mess.

restarted a new game.

went two months with a player out here or there. then again the crap starts. i went through 5 straight matches where 2 players had to be subbed.

this is not reality.

all of the guys I start are 98%+ going in, and this go round i moved the TUG training down 2 nicks just to ensure the player werent being over trained.

SI either needs to drastically cut down the injury ratio in the game or give a player the option to turn injuries off.

its ruining the game.

I just had my main three strikers injured and i just roll with the punches.

Grow up and be a manager already.

i try, but its hard to stomach when you lose Bojan, Arguero, Diarra and Balotelli all in one game.... while all were 98% fit and im using the most reputable training schedule for the game and a tactic that is trusted and proven.

I have not suffered such a terrible fate like the OP, but injuries have been generally intermittent for me. Of course, they are an annoyance at times, but it's not to the extent that I consider a lot. It's probably a game where you are just so darn unlucky. I do remember having a game where I have 3 players injured, even though 2 actually had to sit out a few weeks.

Bad luck? Hopefully, you get a turn of fortune.

Archived