French and German Leagues missing - third time,07,08 and now 09 - looking for refund

its been a long time since i used the editor - is it possible to turn leagues off in them?

If so, what happens if you disable all leagues but the ones that are missing? (or just create a database with only them on by deleting the rest of the leagues)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following this thread at work, really ,really weird.

Never heard of anything like this before.

If/when it gets fixed or you even find out what the problem is can you please post on her and let us all know.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be very interested to find out the exact problem.

PS I've read the whole thread again, and if changing the OS hasn't worked it must be BIOS!!!!

Could someone for SI please either deal with this query or get me an email address for someone from Sega so I can request my refund? this has now been a week since I lodged this and no one from SI has done anything to help me but tell me its Sega's responsibility and not give me contact details for them.

to eveyone asking i will let you all know how i get on i.e. if they manage to fix it or give me a refund.

A moderator has already answered your question alboot about a refund, very unlikely to happen as steam dont do refunds, and the majority of software retailers don't do refunds on opened games.

Ultimatly this sounds like an issue with your computer rather than the game. SEGA only publish the game therefore wouldnt be of any help, SI wouldnt be able to offer you much more than technical support for the game, if anything you need to get a diagnostics check done on your pc, do you have problems with other programs?

i dont think it would be out of the kindness of there hearts, sega/si are a large company and normally i've found large companies became that way by being fair with there customers. Im hardly asking for a favour from them, just what's resonable, either a working game, or a refund. And ive already stating i am never buying from Steam again due to there policies.

If all the technical support provided to you wont work and I dont think you will get this to run as 07 and 08 have not worked neither maybe you should think about claiming the amount to your credit card bank and have them refund the bill. If you dont plan to buy anymore at Steam you could give it a try.

After all that is some really strange thing.

I am not sure if it has been asked earlier but have you tried it with a new windows setup and with all hardware removed except vga and mouse/keyboard?

A moderator has already answered your question alboot about a refund, very unlikely to happen as steam dont do refunds, and the majority of software retailers don't do refunds on opened games.

actually he directed me to sega, all i am asking for is an email address or phone number to contact them. So far no one has been helpful enough to provide one and as there is none on the sega website what do you suggest i do?

it seems to me all i can do is keep asking until someone actually helps me. or puts me in touch with someone who can.

actually he directed me to sega, all i am asking for is an email address or phone number to contact them. So far no one has been helpful enough to provide one and as there is none on the sega website what do you suggest i do?

it seems to me all i can do is keep asking until someone actually helps me. or puts me in touch with someone who can.

http://www.192.com/search/search.cfm?section=all&view=s&who=SEGA%20Europe%20Ltd&location=&btnSearch=%20Search%20Now

This is sega's uk number...I have no f* clue on who's going to answer, but maybe they can direct you the right way :D

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

alright folks, just to update you as a few folk asked at the beginning of the thread, I have now received a refund from steam, who were actually pretty decent to me in the end (it did take them 2 weeks to contact me at the start, and then a month of asking me to try different things before they refunded) so thanks for that Steam. SI who i was expecting at least a little help from were pretty much useless, always telling me it was someone else i should talk to, but never actually taking ownership and getting me someone's contact details.

I do have my refund now so its all good and i will defo be trying the demo of next years game before buying.

no, SI cannot reproduce the fault so i doubt i ever will

When you have intermittent problems like this it can be very hard to ascertain the cause of the problem in fairness. Especially if the developers can't replicate the problem. It's good that you've got your money back. One thing I'd have tried, however, is installing FM onto a virtual client (using something like VMWare or Virtual PC, which is free), and seeing if you have the same problem. Might be something to consider for next year.

When you have intermittent problems like this it can be very hard to ascertain the cause of the problem in fairness.

i totally agree, i said pretty much the same thing at the start of the thread.

The only time I've ever seen leagues disappear was when I used an unofficial data update - with the ADDM Update for FM2008, Sweden was missing.

that was one of the suggestions, but not my issue, i was not using any updates except the SI patches.

• 11 months later...

This is a very strange problem, I feel for you alboot. One suggestion, could it be a virus in the hard disk? Sounds odd but its worth a try.

As for not using Steam I totally agree, have said in more than one post that Steam is not suitable for everyone so SI should offer another alternative to no disk. Bring Uniloc back I reckon.

Archived