The New Europe

Lower Leagues Rule

I have the names of the Vatican clubs somewhere in my CSE Thread :) Of all the creating clubs ones they will be the first ones I would do, but it is likely to come in an update to the Database not in the original one :) But I have definitely got them in the list of clubs to create once I have rearranged everything else :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in case you don't know, the format of the Clericus Cup is that:

It's in two groups, top teams progress to the finals

There's also the Catholicus Cup, a kind of supercup for representative teams of the Clericus Cup.

You could have it as the MLS and MLS Cup respectively.

Some idea on Catalonian clubs, in case you wish to make a league of their own :

1 Division (12 Clubs)

FC Barcelona

RCD Espanyol

Gimnastic Tarragona

Girona

UE Lleida

Badalona CF

Gava CF

CE Sabadell

UE Sant Andreu

UDA Gramenet

Terrassa FC

Palamos CF

2 Division (18 clubs)

CE L'hospitalet

CF Balaguer

CD Banyoles

Santboia FC

CF Vilanova

CD Masnou

CE Mataro

AE Prat

CD Blanes

UD Cassa

UE Cornella

UE Castelldefels

CE Europa

AEC Manlleu

UE Rapitenca

Reus Deportiu

UE VIlajuiga

CF Vilanova

Thanks for that, definitely gets me wanting to play it.

Looks like Russian and Ukrainian teams have a total monopoly of the Soviet top league and that Cottbus are pretty immoveable in the East German league.

Great work so far by the looks of things. I myself have implemented a Benelux league and a Scandinavian league (which I just can't get working yet!!!) not totally tested apart from a few match days (can't properly test as I have the cracked version as I couldn't for the life of me get the full version working :@)

Sealand is in the game I believe. Their team is made of some third division Danish team AFAIK.

Oh, and Uzbekistan has been untouched by research since 2006 I guess. Traktor Toshkent is long gone, they disbanded. And they are in your league. Swap them with some other team.

There are more Basque teams in the lower divisions as well :) I think the "Belarussian Lower Division" is full of B teams, but it is Basque Teams right to the bottom

Hmmm ok, I have been trying to get a Basque league of my own to work in my database using the Belarusian league likewise, but I just cannot make it loadable at all, and I am totally perplexed as to what the problem could be.

I to have Basque teams in every league and a few reserve teams to make up the numbers, I have transferred about 40 cities to the Basque nation, quite a lot of players (not everyone yet), there isn't one Belarusian team left in the league they have all been moved to Russia.

The league is selectable but crashes on loading it up, Just wondering if you may have any tips as I am starting to tear my hair out with this. The Basque national team works nicely however.

Thanks for your help!

If it is crashing on load up then the most likely problem is a B team above its A team in a league somewhere in the league. It will not be because of a wrong position or the nation wrong as this would make the league unselectable. I would be thinking there is some minor detail you have missed. Best way to test it is, sorry to say it, but start again. Order your clubs by reputation that you wish to put in th Basque League (I had 64 clubs), then pull up the Belarussian leagues and swap them over one at a time, making sure they all now have Belarussian as their Nation, then save the database as Version 1, then run a test game, load it up and put it on holiday for indefinite, while this is running change all the cities over, best way is to go through the clubs stadiums and swap the cities from there to Belarus. Then save as Version 2 (A seperate save file), then run a test game on this one. Next Change the name of the nation to Basque. Save it again and try once more. Then make final changes like players, their rating points and anything else and then try it again.

Even if when swapping the leagues you do them one level at a time this will help as well. But you have to make sure the clubs are of Belarussian Nationality, as changing the nationality of the league will make the game crash.

where are all the polish teams in this?

Nothing done with them yet.

How 'bout splitting Poland?

- Silesia (strong minority)

- Podlasie (my region, would defo like to see it ;))

And then, the teams from NF-Board:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NF-Board

Actually that is a great idea I will add it to the other thread and try to get someone on the research.

I've already mentioned the NF-Board, with Sealand!! I'd like to see them in the game.
Sealand is in the game I believe. Their team is made of some third division Danish team AFAIK.

Oh, and Uzbekistan has been untouched by research since 2006 I guess. Traktor Toshkent is long gone, they disbanded. And they are in your league. Swap them with some other team.

Hmmm weird that they are gone. I may swap them at a later stage as it is currently I am about to load a Beta Version in the next few days with the first 5 leagues loaded.

I agree with the guy who said about treating cardiff swansea etc as welsh teams. They are welsh teams, and would be much more comfortable representing wales in the upper echelons, rather than lanelli and TNS (who dont even play in wales) who will shame my great nation!

JCjam I have now sorted the UK leagues purely by reputation. As for poland, right now they are seperated out on their own still in their original league.

And a present for you...follow this link to find the latest beta Version of my database, all I ask is that you do not release this work in its current incomplete version and if you do run any games on it you report in my other thread so if there are any problems or inconsistencies I know about them.

thanks everyone.

Can you please post some of the unreleased leagues teams? Just like with the Catalan league. I'm very eager to se how the Yugoslavian league is made up and how Northern Italy and the Spanish Empire will look like :)

I should have the French Empire up tonight (NZ Time) and hopefully the Spanish and portuguese at the same time. Heere is a rough idea of the top 20 teams in each.

French

Olympique Lyonnais France 8500 L1 Olympique de Marseille France 7750 L1 FC Girondins de Bordeaux France 7500 L1 Paris Saint-Germain France 7250 L1 AS Monaco FC France 7200 L1 A.S. Saint-Etienne France 7000 L1 Stade Rennais F.C. France 6750 L1 LOSC Lille Métropole France 6700 L1 Toulouse FC France 6500 L1 Le Mans Union Club 72 France 6450 L1 FC Nantes France 6400 L1 Racing Club de Lens France 6400 L2 A.S. Nancy Lorrane France 6350 L1 FC Sochaux-Montbéliard France 6300 L1 A.J. Auxerre France 6300 L1 OGC Nice Côte d'Azur France 6250 L1 FC Metz France 6100 L2 Stade Malherbe Caen France 6000 L1 Racing Club Strasbourg France 6000 L2 Valenciennes FC France 5900 L1

Portugal

Porto Portugal 8300 São Paulo Brazil 8150 Benfica Portugal 8150 Sporting CP Portugal 8000 Palmeiras Brazil 7800 Grêmio Brazil 7650 Cruzeiro Brazil 7600 Internacional Brazil 7550 Flamengo Brazil 7150 Fluminense Brazil 6950 Santos Brazil 6900 Corinthians Brazil 6850 Botafogo Brazil 6800 Braga Portugal 6750 Atlético Mineiro Brazil 6600 Vasco Brazil 6500 Sport Recife Brazil 6300 Boavista Portugal 6250 Coritiba Brazil 6150 Marítimo Portugal 6000

Spain

Club Nation Reputation R. Madrid Spain 9500 Sevilla Spain 8700 Valencia Spain 8650 River Argentina 8000 Boca Argentina 8000 Atl. Madrid Spain 7850 Villareal Spain 7750 Chivas Mexico 7500 América (MEX) Mexico 7500 Deportivo Spain 7350 Zaragoza Spain 7250 Cruz Azul Mexico 7100 Getafe Spain 7050 Pumas Mexico 7000 Betis Spain 7000 San Lorenzo Argentina 7000 Independiente Argentina 7000 Mallorca Spain 6850 Toluca Mexico 6750 Recreativo Spain 6750

The rest I don't have all the research for yet, but it is on its way, so keep your eyes peeled on this one and on my other thread

I have a site which focuses mainly on databases and save games. Shall i just play it and report back before putting on the site?

Please do not put it on the site in its current form it is a Beta release only. :) Once I release it in full I will have no problem with it so long as I am credited as the creator, but before I release the full version it is just for testing and reporting back. Thanks :)

If it is crashing on load up then the most likely problem is a B team above its A team in a league somewhere in the league. It will not be because of a wrong position or the nation wrong as this would make the league unselectable. I would be thinking there is some minor detail you have missed. Best way to test it is, sorry to say it, but start again. Order your clubs by reputation that you wish to put in th Basque League (I had 64 clubs), then pull up the Belarussian leagues and swap them over one at a time, making sure they all now have Belarussian as their Nation, then save the database as Version 1, then run a test game, load it up and put it on holiday for indefinite, while this is running change all the cities over, best way is to go through the clubs stadiums and swap the cities from there to Belarus. Then save as Version 2 (A seperate save file), then run a test game on this one. Next Change the name of the nation to Basque. Save it again and try once more. Then make final changes like players, their rating points and anything else and then try it again.

Even if when swapping the leagues you do them one level at a time this will help as well. But you have to make sure the clubs are of Belarussian Nationality, as changing the nationality of the league will make the game crash.

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the advice you gave me, I couldn't get it to work under Belarus at all so I had to start again and put the Basque league in Serbia instead and is working fine. I think my problem was that I jumped in the deep end and tried turning every detail Basque, instead of one step at a time, I will try again but I think possibly giving teams and players Basque nationality can make the game crash.

basqueleaguefq4.th.jpg

YAY! Thanks again.

Yeah definitely do it one step at a time, as for the nationality thing, change the name of Serbia. Then move the Serbian players to the non-existant USSR, and move in the Basque players, do the same with cities, as far as I can see this works the best...

Though I believe these clubs are hard-coded to produce players "Spanish" with "Pays Basque" 2nd Nationalities.

Awesome Son of William, so you know it is actually a mix of old and new leagues now, but definitely some great choices. Here is the current League list.

Spanish Empire

USSR

UK

British Empire (minus UK)

West Germany

Yugoslavia

French Empire

Flanders

Portuguese Empire

Czechoslovakia

Sapmi

Wallonia

East Germany

Transylvania

Basque

Catalonia

Unplayable Leagues, but nations Playable

Vatican City

Sealand (The British Fortress)

Lower Leagues Rule, I'm pure looking forward to this, and considering the amount of work you've put into this I'm amazed.

Could it be possible, if it's not too much work, for you to post an updated list of all the 1st tier teams in the different leagues? Just to give us all a sneak peek please? It doesn't have to be in-game screen shots, but just a list :thup:

Just thought I'd add some feedback as well. I see that you've obviously done the autonomous regions Basque and Catalonia which is really cool. But might I suggest that you do one for The Valencian Community? They have a long autonomous history and they're a huge region. I'm asking because I've been to Valencia on holiday, and it's an amazing city :)

A small extract from wikipedia:

There are teams in every town or village, two of which are currently playing in La Liga, Spain's premier league: Valencia CF and Villarreal CF. There are many big teams elsewhere, such as Levante UD, CD Alcoyano, CD Castellón, Elche CF or Hércules CF.

I should note that in Belarus, that if the teams are not the original Belarus teams, the game will crash. You can change the nation/names/etc. of the teams, but if it is not these teams(in the divisions they were originally in, too) the game will simply crash while attempting to set up the Cup.

There's a few others with similar issues(such as France needing a certain 5 teams to be set to have finished 18th-20th in Second Division and 4th and 5th in the Third Division) what you need to watch out for. I wish I had a list, but it's hard work to try and remember it all.

If you need any assistance with this, PM me and I will attempt to help you with it.

Dave I have changed both the French Leagues and the Belarus Leagues without problems and both have had holiday seasons run 25 seasons into the future without error. The only error I have had is if I start in Jan 08 with more than one of my created leagues running then it does crash in May when the promotion would be happening in these leagues. But France & Belarus have been replaced and tested fine.

As for a list I am slowly as I work through Europe finding where problems are, but basically I am swapping the teams into a league and then saving it under a new version number and loading a game to test it. Then if it works I start from that point and do the next league, if it fails then I go back a version and try moving them into a different country. So far Leagues I have had problems with are Slovakia, Iceland & N. Ireland (Moving Catalon teams in didn't work in these 3), and latest with the Swedish League. All four of these would just disappear from the drop-down list when the game was loaded.

Actually I remember the problem with Belarus now it is because the Cup spans over 2 seasons so if you start in Jan 08 then it is picking the teams from the 07 season and this causes major issues. But I never had the game crash through it.

As for man hours, I personally have put about 50 hours so far into this project and I have 9 leagues completed and running on alternating holiday games every night when I sleep and every day when I go to work. And this is not the biggest part of the project, I still have to move all the cities and players, though I have a Macro created to do this for me. On top of my work I have a team of researchers in the Challenges Forum who have probably combined put well over 100 hours into it as well. All of those guys will be getting Credited on the released database.

I am loving working on it and it has all been so much fun, and I cannot wait for the release. As for the top Tiers of each league, I actually have a screenshot showing all the leagues of the first seven countries as they will be running. The last two that I have added do not yet have screenshots, but I will get them added to this picture shortly and repost the link.

Old World

Hmm... did you keep "last position" and "last division" in tact? I dunno if that would "fix" these issues, but basically teams are hard coded to compete in competitions(French League Cup and Belarussian Cup) in the first season. If you didn't change the last position/division, then these teams will still be chosen anyways, leaving the problem to fix itself, so to speak.

Yuko, the plan is to move all the cities, change all the players and change all the languages for Version 1 (aimed launch date Feb 1st), and then for Version 2 there may be some more leagues in other parts of the world and also the deletion of histories.

And Dave all I did was use the SWAP button and then left everything else exactly as it was...

OK, cool, thanks.

One more thing. I'm asking this becouse in "competition" panel in editor, when u type Yugoslav, u can actually see Yugoslav First Division league, with all past winners etc. But no teams in it. So I picked major teams for first division(Partizan, Dinamo, Red Star...) and some minor for second division. I'v changed nation of clubs to Yugoslav. But anyway it wasn't among the leagues I can play.

Probablly I can use Serbian or Croatian league to swap it with Yugoslav. But dont know how. Actually I have an idea...I should change unique code of league or something like that....

Archived