Too many goals now 9.2

DP

Thanks guys. The responses in this thread have at least given me some comfort that the results I've experienced are freaks rather than a general trend. I'll keep an eye out.

Oh and on the realism question. Of course we want it to be as realistic as possible, just with the same amount of fun. So obviously we want to do contracts, transfers etc but it would also be nice to have realism in the results which I hope this patch delivers on.

well... people complaining for too few goals in 9.1... and now they complain for too many goals...

what is realistic and what is not? in real life.. last season man utd beat arsenal 4-0... is that realistic?

i can see SI trying to satisfied everyone but still.... then may be SI should just add a new setting in the preference and let people choose/adjust their prefered "realistic result"...

Where did you get that statistic from?

You know when you continue and the scores scroll past in the processing screen, just look at the scores. Last two only one team scored more than 3 goals which was 4-0 Atletico V Mallorca. I know it doesn't show every score, but its a decent snapshot of weekly results.

Just Scrolled back through Premiership scores for the current season and a few 4-1s and 4-0s, Stoke and Sunderland seem to be on the receiving end which doesn't seem that unrealistic. Most weeks though there isnt a drubbing handed out.

Seems ok to me.

I installed 9.2 in the close season of the 3rd/4th season. Season 4, Leyton Orient in League 1, the goals per game ratio is about 1.1 - 1.2 per game with goals per week varying from 22 - 35 (one week there was an 18, but that seems a freak week.). In contrast, League 2 and Championship, neither in full detail are averaging closer to 1.5 goals per game and look much closer to how it looks in real life. Same thing happend in 9.1, 2 Blue Square Prem seasons (ignoring South 42 games v 46 higher up) with Welling yielded a significant difference in goals scored in active league v 46 game leagues that were not on full detail.

I'll start a new game with 9.2 with two human managers, making sure one is in a 46 game league and one in the Premiership. Holiday (presuming has the same full detail as when active) through 10 seasons then compare the average goals scored each season in the Prem with the last 10 Prem seasons and the averages from each 46 game league over the 10 seasons with each other and average goals per game from the last 10 seasons in the Championship/ Leagues 1 + 2 and the BSP.

Hopefully that made sense and I'll post up the results after I've done it. Will start tomorrow.

Before anyone says it's my tactics, I'm basing this on results for AI teams.

Post patch, especially when the top teams are involved, there seem to be far too many high scoring games and hat tricks all over the place. 0-0's are pretty rare.

It feels exactly like FM08. Patch 9.1 seemed perfect but now the matches are too high scoring. Really p1ssing me off as it kills the realism.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm about 8 rounds into the Premier League season with the 9.2 patch and I've noticed quite a few 1 nil wins and draws of the 1-1 and 0-0 variety so I personally think the patch had the opposite effect. For example if there are 5 matches being played in one day I can expect at least 3 of these matches to be a low or non scoring draw or a victory by a one goal margin. The other two might be comfortable/high scoring victories (like a 2-0 or 4-1 type of game).

Archived