mc Ireland

mc Sakhere (french dm/mlc)

aml Piatti

amr Fernandez

amc Bounoutte

sc Briand

on february 2009

i won LC 3-2 arsenal

i am first at leauge 17 point between the second team (chelsea)

second leg at CL i won sevilla 4-1 at first match

fa cup i passed 5th tour

everything is going well

firstly, i want to buy 2 mc bodmer and veloso for 2009-2010

what do you think about my team

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right I'd quite like some advice regarding who to bring in.

Its season 2, and I'm definitely looking at a RM (preferably who can play AMC as well) and a FC. Any ideas who, and any other players?

(Got approx £30M to spend)

mancitysquadza6.jpg

Ok, won the League in the 1st Season after bringing in:

van der Vaart - £10.5mil

Veloso - £11.75mil

Christopher Samba - £2.5mil

Matias Fernandez - £10.75mil

(in Jan) Barzagli - £11.25

along with torje, mattock, stancu, stelvio and mihelic for moderate fees (max was 2mil for mattock, lowest 65k for Stelvio)

4-2-3-1 was the formation with Elano v.d.Vaart and Fernandez playing the majority of games.

Its now July 2nd season, and i've overhauled LB with Christian Pander on a free, - brought in Ustari for 4.1mil as copetition for Hart, and Luis Jimenez for 4.5mil to take the pressure off the AMC's with a longer season in prospect.

now, - the point of my post. - i have an offer of 20mil on the table for Corluka, from Real Madrid (+30% sell on clause) - do i take it? i could play Richards at RB instead of CB. but i dont want to spend the earth on a replacement (10mil would be the maximum, unless i could pick up someone right at the top of their game on the cheap...)

Taylor_08 - since you took the time to help me out, its only fair that I share the love a bit isn't it icon_wink.gif

It's upto you, but I discovered a tactic wasting away in my tactics folder that won me games, got generally good performances and saved me money. It was the "Real Diablo" that I downloaded of these forums some time ago. It's brilliant for Man City as it plays with 3 CBs, which is great 'cause city's fullbacks are poor. So you don't have to buy any new, good full-backs. Also it plays with an AMC to cater for the unstoppable Elano and, well, you'll see the results for yourself if you download it pal.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Up The Bracket:

Have just started a new City game and having trouble trying to get rid of Vassell, Jihai and Dabo among others.

Any tips on how to offload these duds?

I had to wait till January to flog Vassell and set Jihai's asking price to 500K.

I have enjoyed my man city save a lot more then i first expected, i am still in my first season. After 32 games in the league im second behind Chelsea by 3 points, Won the League Cup, knocked out by wigan in the fourth round in the FA cup though icon_frown.gif

I have beat chelsea 4-3 and Liverpool 5-0 in the last couple of weeks, i have made my own tactic up completely and it seems to work its a 4-5-1.

Can anyone suggest a youthful left winger, as i got Iago on loan and hes been very disapointing. Doesnt need to be fast but needs to have a good first touch, good corners and good crosser thanks

http://rapidshare.com/files/118100548/Man_City_First_Season_Squad.jpg.html

hey this is my squad at the start of the second season. How can i improve it and if possible will any english players improve it as i am looking to keep an english presence around the team. thanks

I have a picture of the league and where i finished if anyone wants to see it.

Originally posted by the-1-youwant@hotmail.co.uk:

http://rapidshare.com/files/118100548/Man_City_First_Season_Squad.jpg.html

hey this is my squad at the start of the second season. How can i improve it and if possible will any english players improve it as i am looking to keep an english presence around the team. thanks

I have a picture of the league and where i finished if anyone wants to see it.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/Clarky-10/ManCityFirstSeasonSquad.jpg

ignore the link above

I've just started as Man City, is Corluka good enough at RB, or should I look for somebody else? and who?

Team is looking good, going for continental qualification through league position.

GK - Hart - Should be good enough will sign somebody else for free later on.

DL - Jeremy Mathieu - At only around £3m he's solid and will ne here for many years, also versatile.

DC - Dunne - Quality player, no need to replace.

DC - Richards - FB!! Won't sell him ever.

DR - Corluka - Not convinced with him, may bring in someone else.

DM - Makoun - Beast of a DM, enough said.

MR - Jeremy Menez - Quality versatile player, will be great.

MCa - Elano - Amazing on the game.

MC - Johnson - Will most likely sell him at end of season, just because of how much he can get.

AML - Matias Fernandez - Quality will provide alot of goals and assists.

ST - Huntelaar - Cost £11m will bang the goals in hopefully.

Only other signing I can think of is Samba, brought him for cover at CB.

So theres my team, any suggestions, advice? Thanks

mancitytrans.jpg

mancity.jpg

OK so theres my transfers and my team/tactic.

Any recommendations by anyone else play as City? Which players that are in the youth ranks should I hold onto? Any other advice? Thanks

Also I've had Arshavin accept my contract but I've delayed for the moment as I decide whether to get him or not, will mean I'll sel Ireland.

IS this tactic downloaded? If so how is it called? thx

Why are you playing Menez on the right? He is good there but much better on the left imo.

And yes go for Arshavin? Good player imo.

Good luck. icon_smile.gif

purefun

Here is the tactic mate.

Works very well, the only thing I have changed is if you have the MR and ML who can do it, is I have them swap positions in ther player instructions, seems to make them more effective.

Menez on the right because nobody else can play there lol, and on the left Fernanadez is there who needs to be playing really.

I've got Arshavin now for £6m so I he'll be rotated between the other 2 wide players.

Not a bad looking team mate. I have a few suggestions though:

- Swap Corluka with Richards - Corluka is great at CB, as is Richards at RB and there's your RB problem solved!

- Get some cover for Huntelaar. Even if it's a young lad who you'll only play 5 times a season, you need someone because Benjani is absolutely diabolical! Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!

But otherwise you should do alright. icon14.gif

Originally posted by stelly999:

Not a bad looking team mate. I have a few suggestions though:

- Swap Corluka with Richards - Corluka is great at CB, as is Richards at RB and there's your RB problem solved!

- Get some cover for Huntelaar. Even if it's a young lad who you'll only play 5 times a season, you need someone because Benjani is absolutely diabolical! Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!

But otherwise you should do alright. icon14.gif

Cheers mate, I've moved Samba to play CB with Richards going to RB, as for cover for Huntelaar I'll just use Menez, not his best position but he should do until I sign someone for free in January, will probably get rid of Huntelaar, he's bloody awful, will probably exchange him for Owen.

CHeeers though mate.

I'm in the summer transfer window just finished my 2nd season - won the premier league, league cup, and got to the quarters of the champions league (against inter on away goals). I'm really not sure where I should strengthem my squad. I have 38 million to spend and a wage buget of 1.6M of which I'm spending 850K at the moment. Here are some screenshots of my squad and formation I'm playing:

picture2ds6.th.png

picture3tx1.th.png

Thanks for any help.

i am now in my fourth seaseon with man city, who should i sign to improve my team? my formation is 4-2-3-1. i have 85m euros to spend. i have 8.0.2 patch.

man city 2010-11

goalkeepers-akinfeev kameni

defenders-richards corluka hobbs ratinho djeurou mussachio insua

midfielders-van der vaart lulinha a.young kalou modric banega g.fernandes ruben.ramos treirachi

attackrs- vela w.love bianchi bojinov aaron

I bought Menez,Van de Vaart, and Huntelaar, all been great for me Huntelaar has banged in 37 goals in 34 starts and is leading scorer in prem with 25.

Van der Vaart(AMC)seems to be slightly injury prone currently out for 4-5 months with torn calf muscle(2nd lenghty injury of season)but has been performing consistantly well with mostly 8's

Menez(AM LRC) has been awesome on the left and has won 4 young player of the month awards so far(only in March)

We are currently 5th in prem and have won the League cup ,also through to semis of Fa cup Vs Man Utd.

Will keep you updated on results and post my squad when i can get to my main PC

Currently in mid October of the second season, topping a tough Champs League group, and pretty pleased with the state of my team (top of the league by 1 point, should be more but for a last minute equalizer a few matches ago)

my spending this season is frankly pretty astounding. - given a budget of 26.5mil, because i didnt want the added pressure of high expectations just for extra cash.

sold off a lot of players that just didnt figure in my first team plans, for occasionally low sums but for the younger players 50% sell on clauses. - and the two BIG sales of Corluka and Chris Samba for 23.5nil + 50% and 16.5mil + 50% respectively.

the finance from this and other sales allowed me to bring in Danni Alves (40mil), Skahko (6mil), Fazio (7mil), Jimenez (4.5mil), Pander (free) and Bentley (12.5mil)

all in all, completely revamping my fullbacks (only youngster Mattock survived at left back, and at right back, Richards will cover for Alves in case of suspension/poor form) and also bringing in some youth and backup for my Richards/Barzagli partnership (both new CB's no older than 22)

the Sale of Samba was unintended, but the chairman sold him from underneath me... fortunately with the 50% sell on clause intact.

Striker has been an interesting conundrum, with Bianchi leading the line consistently well but not adding the goals, but Stancu contributing less overall, but with a better goals/game ratio.

For anyone thinking of starting an 8.0.2 game, ELANO is the man, simply incredible, I play him on the left of 3 AMC's, and he has been my top scorer so far this season, and ditto last season. - honourable mention has to go to V.Der.Vaart who was my best player last season, but suffered an injury in the Community Shield that has kept him out of this campaign so far.

All in all, city are fully equipped to build a team in almost any style, with just a few signings needed to make the squad a challenger.

In Richards, Johnson, Elano and Hart you have a fantastic backbone, and Petrov also chips in nicely, if limited when compared to more devastating players that can be purchased (Van Der vaart for instance)

Hey guys, just started a new game with City.

I was very happy with the healthy invitation of 56m to spend for european football qualification. I've made some big name transfers, Akinfeev costing me 25m, Arshavin costing me 7m, VDV and Thiago Neves both set me back 10m

The most annoying thing is my loss of Richards, chairman accepted the bid, but it had a 35% sell on clause so at least i'll get something.

I'll keep you guys updated

Just played my first game of my 2nd season start of last season said i would win came 4th, said i would win again leading to lots of money

first season i scored 94 goals but conceded to many so i improved my defense not a bad team for my 2nd season icon_biggrin.gif

my team:

Loris(gk)

lb bale richards bodmer alves rb

johnson fernandes

elano vandervart nihat

huntlaar

4-1-3-2

Gk. K. Schmeichel

DR. M. Richard

DC. R. Dunne

DC. V. Corluka

DL. J. Garrido

DM. G. Fernandes

ML. M. Petrov

MR. Elano

MC. M. Jhonson

ST. V. Bojinov

ST. R. Bianchi

Sub

Gk. A. issakson

DC. N. Onouha

MC. Geovanni

AMC P.Piatti

ST. E. Mpenza

i often change the formation to 4-1-2-1-2

with 1 DM, 1 MR, 1 ML, 1 AMC

and place Pablo piatti as the AMC he is great young player ever

I finished as Premiership League Champion and FA CUp CHampion in 1st season with this combination

just try it

Originally posted by Sangwell8:

Patch 8.0.2 First Season 15 games in and currently on a 5 games losing streak HELP!!

mancitysquadww7.th.png]mancitysquadww7.th.png[/url]

Damn are u sold Gelson fernandez?? he is one best DM Player in premiership and u sold him?? embarassing...

try to change formation to 4-3-1-2

this my solution

GK. C. kameni

DR. M. Richard

DC. V. Corluka / C. Samba

DC. R. Dunee

DL. J. Garrido

ML. M. Petrov

MC. M. Johson

MR. J. Farfan / S. Wright Phillips

AMC. Elano / G. Barnes

FC. Guilherme

FC. B. Stancu

Guys need a couple of full backs. 1 for each side, money isn't a problem as you all know. Had a bid accepted for Clerc but he wasnt interested, Abenzoar should be on his way but Im not convinced if he's ready for the Premiership yet.

And i prefer to play Richards at CB alongside Dunne thats why im looking for a RB.

Quick replies would be awesome icon_smile.gif

IrishRedDevil, tactic?

Just started a new game yesterday after conquering the world with my Liverpool file. Decided I wanted a new fresh challenge to manage a team of potential winners.

I wanted a total re-vamp of my squad- I got rid of all the players I didn't think would make it into my starting 11.

So, heading out the door;

Ched Evans - Season long lone to Leicester

Kasper Schmeichel - Season long long to Sheff Wed

Stephen Ireland - £6M to Newcastle

Michael Ball - £1.8M to Derby

Benjani - £2.1M to Bolton

Leaving me with an additional £10M to add on to the £56M I already had. So, after deciding on 4-2-3-1 tactic, I wanted to strenghen...In;

J-K Huntelaar - £18.5M - Pretty dissapointed with this sum, but Ajax wouldn't budge.

Christopher Samba - £2.5M from Blackburn

Matias Fernandez - £11M from Villarreal

Jeremy Mathieu - £4.2M from Toulouse

So, after some wheeling and dealings, my starting 11;

GK: Hart

DR: Corluka

DL: Mathieu

DC: Richards

DC: Dunne

MC: Johnson

MC: Fernandes

AMR: Elano

AML: Fernandez

AMC: Bojinov

ST: Huntelaar

2 games in, drew with Pompey 1-1 away from home, and won Sunderland 5-0 away from home...

Hi im in my 1st season and iv made a couple of signings but was hoping for some advice of how i can strengthen further. Im about 9th in the league and just coming up2 the January transfer window and this is my squad and tactics -

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=57215_man_city_team_122_643lo.JPG

I have 24mil to spend and was thinking of maybe a central midfielder and a goalkeeper. Looked at Akinfeev but they are asking for 36 mil!! Any help would be appreciated eg players i should sell, buy. Maybe change my tactics etc.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by owaindavies:

Hi im in my 1st season and iv made a couple of signings but was hoping for some advice of how i can strengthen further. Im about 9th in the league and just coming up2 the January transfer window and this is my squad and tactics -

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=57215_man_city_team_122_643lo.JPG

I have 24mil to spend and was thinking of maybe a central midfielder and a goalkeeper. Looked at Akinfeev but they are asking for 36 mil!! Any help would be appreciated eg players i should sell, buy. Maybe change my tactics etc.

Thanks in advance

just started a game too mate, where did you get that skin and stadium background?it looks ace.

• 2 weeks later...

Start of Third Season squad looks like:

GK: Lloris (Roman Weidenfeller and joe hart)

DL: Mathieu (garrido)

DC: Vedran Corluka (No cover)

DC: Naldo (No cover)

DR: Logan icon_frown.gif -- i dont have any money to replace him

DMC: Makoun

ML: Petrov - old (pienaar)

MC: Nocerino £34.5M (georginio Wijnaldum)

MC: Gelson Fernandes

MR: Antonio Valencia (arshavin)

SC: Berbatov - £10.5M (Guilherme, Vagner Love and daniel sturidge)

First season i won nothing but got to the FA cup final and secured 4th spot

second season got knocked out on goal difference in 1/4 of CL against UTD and lost FA cup final. secured 4th spot again

Mid second season Elano Corluka and micah richards expressed desire to leave and nagged and nagged. Elano went for £20M and hes doing as bad there as he was doing for me. Micah Richards £25M and corluka rejected Utd and Chelsea and Barcelona and real madrid then in the close season accepted a new 5 year deal icon_biggrin.gif

Im thinking of asking Thakshin for more money as i need a defence or i might be scuppered in a potentially long campaign such as last season.

Archived