Maxing the inside forward (winger in general)

I was just wondering if you guys have found a method to run everything through your insane wingers such as a Salah, Saka, etc.

And I'm not thinking about putting Salah on every corner, pen, and freekick just to "boost" his numbers, but actually in the game. 

Every comment is much appreciated in advance :-)

(PS: yes I might be thinking of trying to recreate Salah`s debut season for Liverpool. Where he achieved 44 goals and 15 assists (Ik he was overperforming, but still)

wingers. i never get my wingers performs consistently, be it on mc strata or amc. what i did notice is that the opposition wingers (always) dancing around my backline from one corner to the other to have a shot and scores. 

6 hours ago, trym.jorg said:

I was just wondering if you guys have found a method to run everything through your insane wingers such as a Salah, Saka, etc.

And I'm not thinking about putting Salah on every corner, pen, and freekick just to "boost" his numbers, but actually in the game. 

Every comment is much appreciated in advance :-)

(PS: yes I might be thinking of trying to recreate Salah`s debut season for Liverpool. Where he achieved 44 goals and 15 assists (Ik he was overperforming, but still)

It might not be what you are looking for, but I like using Salah type players in formations with three strikers as one or both of the two "wide" strikers in a support role. I really like their movement with roles like CF, as they can drop deep, run into space, roam wider, and move into channels as it suits them. Their ratings are usually much higher on average than when I use them out wide.

You'd have to make sure the tactic is built for them to be the main goalscoring outlet.

Playing a 433 for example, have the striker vacate the space by dropping into midfield, have the fullback overlap to force the IF more central and the CM behind them needs to hold position as not to get in his way. 

50 minutos atrás, lied90 disse:

It might not be what you are looking for, but I like using Salah type players in formations with three strikers as one or both of the two "wide" strikers in a support role. I really like their movement with roles like CF, as they can drop deep, run into space, roam wider, and move into channels as it suits them. Their ratings are usually much higher on average than when I use them out wide.

I always avoid that. Playing with 3 central strikers its not realistic and it takes advantage from ME, I guess. 

I'm not saying its cheating but kinda. 

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

I always avoid that. Playing with 3 central strikers its not realistic and it takes advantage from ME, I guess. 

I'm not saying its cheating but kinda. 

I don't remember asking but ok.

48 minutos atrás, lied90 disse:

I don't remember asking but ok.

You don't have to. I'm free to give my opinion, as everyone else. 

I wasn't criticizing, everyone play the game their own way, obviously. 

You can find comments from Klopp and Salah at the time where it's stated that his job was to play as close to the opposition CBs as possible. That tells you straight off the bat that playing him as an AF would be a good starting point.

If I remember correctly, they also saw their system as more of a 442/4411 than the 433 people commonly put it down as. Personally I always thought it was a diamond, given how deep Firmino played and how narrow the 'wide' forwards always were.

The point is that if you can't emulate a winger scoring 44 goals in a season, it might be because they were never really a winger in the first place.

10 minutes ago, vrig said:

You can find comments from Klopp and Salah at the time where it's stated that his job was to play as close to the opposition CBs as possible. That tells you straight off the bat that playing him as an AF would be a good starting point.

If I remember correctly, they also saw their system as more of a 442/4411 than the 433 people commonly put it down as. Personally I always thought it was a diamond, given how deep Firmino played and how narrow the 'wide' forwards always were.

The point is that if you can't emulate a winger scoring 44 goals in a season, it might be because they were never really a winger in the first place.

Exactly, unless you are Ronaldo, wingers/inside forwards don't generally score 44 goals in a season. That's true in real life and in FM too. Curiously, the narrow diamond would also be my assessment of Liverpool in that era.

Edited by crusadertsar

It’s really hard to get wingers to score 30+ league goals in this years FM as it is in real life I suppose. I’ve also tried to maximize that position in this years FM but the IF usually caps out at around 20 non-penalty/set piece league goals with a regen player similar to Salah’s abilities ,which is the same output as Salah after that crazy season.

The only time I’ve consistently had a IF consistently score around 30+ non-penalty league goals was with Mbappe (Crazy Mixture of Pace/Technicals/Mentals) or as mentioned by @crusadertsar a IF regen that was as dangerous on the ground as he was in the air (Ronaldo). In my experience the hardest part is finding the player rather than getting the desired scoring output.

Edited by Yellowbucket58

10 hours ago, mikcheck said:

There are teams that have been playing like that though irl, Toulouse FC comes to mind they were playing like that and had managed to stay in Ligue 1 for a long time.

2 hours ago, vrig said:

A pure 4-3-1-2 indeed, if I remember properly too. Used to play like that and my two strikers with "stay wider" instruction scored a lot.

Posted (edited)

A little update on my quest. I might have achieved the goal output. I just took a knap tactic and put the right inside toward as an complete forward on support with tackle harder and stay wider. I'm not sure if the other roles fit the old Klopp system (for example the AF is not the role Firmino played)Skjermbilde2024-04-17213709.thumb.png.f2130cce5a79a2da05ba185235468b68.png

Skjermbilde 2024-04-17 213802.png

Skjermbilde 2024-04-17 213756.png

Skjermbilde 2024-04-17 213749.png

Skjermbilde 2024-04-17 213740.png

FM24.3EFV10Knap451MCP103FACC.fmf

Skjermbilde 2024-04-17 215256.png

Edited by trym.jorg