Training Rest and Intensity

How do you go about setting your training intensity in the Rest Page? I feel that if I go too low on intensity, my players won't get injured but won't develop skills much either. What's your optimal schedule? Thanks for sharing. 

image.thumb.png.94b724d07b1241c88ebf4c9beae7a4d8.png

Why are you setting the most tired ones to normal and half for 2nd lowest, then noting for middle?

I use do it in increasing order based on freshness. So the more fresh you are the harder you should train. This is my default setup:

image.thumb.png.4eaadaf647602184427843aa31a39805.png

If I'm in a serious fixture congestion, then I'd rather just give rests to the players who need it on an ad hoc basis.

11 hours ago, XaW said:

Why are you setting the most tired ones to normal and half for 2nd lowest, then noting for middle?

I use do it in increasing order based on freshness. So the more fresh you are the harder you should train. This is my default setup:

If I'm in a serious fixture congestion, then I'd rather just give rests to the players who need it on an ad hoc basis.

Thanks. I used to have this setup which is logical, and will give it a try again. 

in response - my setup seems counter-intuitive, but the logic is: I won't be using a super tired/recovering player in my matches, so I'll increase his training load. The opposite is also true, if a rested (green light) player is good for matches I don't want to overload him with training. Makes sense?

:cool:

15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

in response - my setup seems counter-intuitive, but the logic is: I won't be using a super tired/recovering player in my matches, so I'll increase his training load. The opposite is also true, if a rested (green light) player is good for matches I don't want to overload him with training. Makes sense?

That could lead to a higher incidence of muscular injuries.  When players are recovering you ease them back in. When players are fit you push them hard. It’s a fundamental approach.  While you may not be using him for a match, you should still let him recover. Sending him into a heavy training session is dangerous.

I've learned to use:

No - no- half - normal - normal

Then manually put everyone under 24 at double. When they reach 24 I put them on automatic.

Also I give everyone a second training-thingy unless they are 30 and older. Works great in FM21.

Thanks guys. I took your advice into practice, but as soon as I increased the intensity level of fit players (on green light), I start seeing more serious injuries...

I reckon something in my broader training configuration is forcing me be more cautious with the Rest schedule...

Thanks much anyways. Any other ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

On 28/03/2024 at 06:37, XaW said:

Yep, this is exactly what I use, but then people who are at high injury risk or higher I'll give an ad hoc rest day to, so they keep fit.

5 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks guys. I took your advice into practice, but as soon as I increased the intensity level of fit players (on green light), I start seeing more serious injuries...

I reckon something in my broader training configuration is forcing me be more cautious with the Rest schedule...

Thanks much anyways. Any other ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

I can't say much else than it being how I set up, but I do remember to rotate whenever someone is tired, give them a few days of training if we are in a congestion and such, and this is how the injuries look for my so far this season:

ie0J0Ad.png

I have a few players who have a high injury proneness, so it's slightly skewed by a few players like these:

oskqIt5.png

But I very rarely see major issues with injuries.

The only rule I use for setting the auto intensity settings is to try to have it line up as closely as possible to what the the medical staff is recommending for as many of the players as possible.  You probably won't be able to find a setting that captures the recommendation but if  my medical staff is saying that 75% of the squad should be training on normal intensity when it top condition then I change the top intensity to normal then I do this for every other setting.  It changes over the course of the season and is largely dependent on match load.  I check the medical staff's intensity advice a couple of times a week and frequently have to make manual changes for players returning from injury which the auto intensity settings aren't' able to capture.