If I'm not mistaken it refers to having an extremely low value in a certain hidden attribute. Open spoiler if you want to know.

Spoiler

The pressure attribue is 1, which means the player will really struggle in any type of high stake situation. As such, I avoid them like the plague.

11 hours ago, XaW said:

If I'm not mistaken it refers to having an extremely low value in a certain hidden attribute. Open spoiler if you want to know.

Hide contents

The pressure attribue is 1, which means the player will really struggle in any type of high stake situation. As such, I avoid them like the plague.

Yeah, I know that.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen them have a decent career? 

1 hour ago, kentonizking said:

Yes.  A couple of factors to consider though:

1) Don’t have them in certain positions such as central defence or midfield.  If I have someone with “bad” personality traits, I’ll put them out on the wing or even as a striker.  I don’t want my central defender failing at the last moment because he’s wilted under pressure.

2) Don’t fill your team with them.  One can be ok, two is (for me) borderline.  His teammates can pick up any slack but not if there’s a whole bunch of them with poor personalities.

3) Age and other personality traits can also be a factor, so take care if choosing a player like this.  If they’re young enough and uninfluential then you could see improvements in his personality from mentoring and/or natural squad influence.  But if he’s older and has other strong personality traits and/or he becomes an influential team member he’s unlikely to improve his personality and (worse) could actually start to have a bad influence on others.

4) I draw the line at players with very low determination.  That’s a key attribute for me and one I won’t compromise on.  I’ll give players a fair go if they’re young enough to improve but will get rid if they don’t match up to my standards.

So yes, I have seen players with poor personalities have decent careers, just exercise caution if you go down that road.

10 hours ago, kentonizking said:

Yeah, I know that.

It depends on what level constitutes decent.

I've been playing around simming saves to see how youth players develop in FM24 and I've not seen anyone spineless make it to bottom half prem level (130-140CA). I think it would be difficult given that their other hidden attributes are likely to be mediocre also. If you managed to get one that's highly professional he could do okay I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 13:06, herne79 said:

Yes.  A couple of factors to consider though:

1) Don’t have them in certain positions such as central defence or midfield.  If I have someone with “bad” personality traits, I’ll put them out on the wing or even as a striker.  I don’t want my central defender failing at the last moment because he’s wilted under pressure.

2) Don’t fill your team with them.  One can be ok, two is (for me) borderline.  His teammates can pick up any slack but not if there’s a whole bunch of them with poor personalities.

3) Age and other personality traits can also be a factor, so take care if choosing a player like this.  If they’re young enough and uninfluential then you could see improvements in his personality from mentoring and/or natural squad influence.  But if he’s older and has other strong personality traits and/or he becomes an influential team member he’s unlikely to improve his personality and (worse) could actually start to have a bad influence on others.

4) I draw the line at players with very low determination.  That’s a key attribute for me and one I won’t compromise on.  I’ll give players a fair go if they’re young enough to improve but will get rid if they don’t match up to my standards.

So yes, I have seen players with poor personalities have decent careers, just exercise caution if you go down that road.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind. When I was in school a few months ago, I hated to write coursework, and then I wanted to find a solution to it. I went online to find a solution, and a friend suggested this https://stateofwriting.com/uk/coursework-writing-service website, where you can hire a professional writer to get your work done. It was the best memory of my life because it worked for me. I hope they are going to be helpful to you.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.

Edit: I did as you said and yes, it helps me a lot. This post is very helpful.

Edited by BlakeCouture

On 17/03/2024 at 18:26, XaW said:

Hide contents

Where / How do you find these hidden attributes please?

44 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

Experiments by various people over the years. This thread is a bit outdated, but with a few exceptions it should be close, and it was the first thread I read about it a long time ago.

41 minutes ago, XaW said:

Experiments by various people over the years. This thread is a bit outdated, but with a few exceptions it should be close, and it was the first thread I read about it a long time ago.

Thank you so much  :thup:

On 12/04/2024 at 15:58, Brodie21 said:

If you mean how do you see them in-game, you can’t, other than via the in-game editor. But you get clues from scout reports, coach reports and press conference questions and some of the personalities are obviously derived from them (like “professional”).

Edited by NineCloudNine

53 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

If you mean how do you see them in-game, you can’t, other than via the in-game editor. But you get clues from scout reports, coach reports and press conference questions and some of the personalities are obviously derived from them (like “professional”).

Hmmm interesting. I will definitely delve into that more. Thanks