Does it feel like the roaming playmaker role gives away too many passes?

Because that's how it feels to me. I enjoy using this role a lot but of recent it seems like the player always tries a long pass without much effort and it gets intercepted resulting in an opposition chance.

And yes, he has both switch ball to the other flank and tries long range passes skills, combined with high passing, vision and decision making.

I have only used a RPM rarely but when I do it’s with take more risks / more direct passing and all the killer ball / playmaker PPMs. That means they give the ball away more but also provide more high quality chances. So it comes with the territory. See: Trent Alexander-Arnold at his best.

On 17/03/2024 at 19:02, kentonizking said:

What level of highlight do you watch the game on?

What do the data analysis say? 

I'm on key highlights and the data analysis doesn't say much is going wrong, but having highlights against me majorly coming from his misplaced pass is vexing

On 18/03/2024 at 14:57, NineCloudNine said:

I have only used a RPM rarely but when I do it’s with take more risks / more direct passing and all the killer ball / playmaker PPMs. That means they give the ball away more but also provide more high quality chances. So it comes with the territory. See: Trent Alexander-Arnold at his best.

:eek:

18 minutes ago, Mr.e said:

I'm on key highlights and the data analysis doesn't say much is going wrong, but having highlights against me majorly coming from his misplaced pass is vexing

With a playmaker role, he will draw the ball more. If you tend to play a possession based style, with those ppms he will likely be taking more passing risks that the rest of your team, so law of averages says he will give the ball away more often than anyone else. 

I'd be comparing his passes completed % to your other players - is it that he gives the ball away more than them, or that he just does so in riskier situations due to his role and ppms?

Also, think about the roles of the rest of your midfield. If your rpm is on defend and everyone else is more advanced or on attack, he will be hitting even more risky passes, this increasing the likelihood he will give the ball away.

18 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I have no idea how to interpret that! :lol:

Basically surprise don't mind me

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

With a playmaker role, he will draw the ball more. If you tend to play a possession based style, with those ppms he will likely be taking more passing risks that the rest of your team, so law of averages says he will give the ball away more often than anyone else. 

I'd be comparing his passes completed % to your other players - is it that he gives the ball away more than them, or that he just does so in riskier situations due to his role and ppms?

Also, think about the roles of the rest of your midfield. If your rpm is on defend and everyone else is more advanced or on attack, he will be hitting even more risky passes, this increasing the likelihood he will give the ball away.

It,s not that he has a low passing % but when i use that role majority of the opposition highlights come from his misplaced passes. But i do understand what your saying.

29 minutes ago, Mr.e said:

It,s not that he has a low passing % but when i use that role majority of the opposition highlights come from his misplaced passes. But i do understand what your saying.

Maybe move your playmaker to a more advanced area so if he gives the ball away it's in a less dangerous area and more men are behind the ball.

On 21/03/2024 at 10:52, Gangor said:

Maybe move your playmaker to a more advanced area so if he gives the ball away it's in a less dangerous area and more men are behind the ball.

But it's a roaming playmaker, only available in dm/cm position. I'll just do something else