Is delegating loans to your loan manager useless?

I've set my responsibilities so that my loan manager takes care of loans for young players. The problem is, that he rejects most offers, even if I negotiated and accepted them, for less potential players and basically accepts all 0% wage / 0€ loan fee offers for higher potential players.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any instructions I could give my loan manager to at least only accept bids with a certain wage percentage and loan fee?
What I want is my loan manager to accept more loan offers from lower league teams and, since almost every loan offer comes with 0% wage and 0€ fee, to negotiate loan offers from higher league teams.

At this moment I feel like he is completely useless, most of my 18-21 year old players remain at my club because he rejects all the offers from lower leagues. And if he accepts an offer, than it is basically a free transfer.

1 hour ago, iker3085 said:

I've set my responsibilities so that my loan manager takes care of loans for young players. The problem is, that he rejects most offers, even if I negotiated and accepted them, for less potential players and basically accepts all 0% wage / 0€ loan fee offers for higher potential players.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any instructions I could give my loan manager to at least only accept bids with a certain wage percentage and loan fee?
What I want is my loan manager to accept more loan offers from lower league teams and, since almost every loan offer comes with 0% wage and 0€ fee, to negotiate loan offers from higher league teams.

At this moment I feel like he is completely useless, most of my 18-21 year old players remain at my club because he rejects all the offers from lower leagues. And if he accepts an offer, than it is basically a free transfer.

I literally get rid of all staff like loan manager, DoF etc as I find them useless and just a waste of money. They all seem pretty poorly implemented in game from my experience, so to keep my sanity I do it all myself. 

I think you can let him know what are you expecting in terms of loans, the problem for me is that no one wants to take my players for loan even if I am fully paying for their wages, or even offering extra money , any tips on how to make loans work in Fm23 ?

Checking on this, it seems once you add the player to the "development" list you can then setup the conditions of the loan to be accepted, wage payments, training facilities, etc.

I've found the loan manager to be frustrating because he will generally get you more interest in your player, but when offering them out for fees & wages you often get offers slightly under or different and the loan manager will reject them out of hand. 

The only solution I've found is to tweak the offer based on what the club countered with (lower fee, non-playing wage etc) until the AI finally decides to offer something the loan manager will accept. It is time consuming and means offering out for lower than initial but eventually it will work.

I tried setting standards & fees for a while, but they interfere with the LM's efforts, feeble as they are. Theoretically, the LM contributes scouting knowledge to the pool. The money their salary costs doesn't seem to be well spent, however. 

Loan Manager and loans in general is a complex one, and you need to setup correctly to work. That is because the UX is not friendly and need a whole revamp IMHO.

1st Step:

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bcb82a3bf0fada1f316ced7597f9002b.png

2nd Step:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.8c44bb6985ef6098eacfd8af209d7cbc.png

3rd Step (this is tricky one):

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.d719031f910f3c75dbd6205407cb640a.png

4th Step:

- You have to place someone in Development List in order DoF & Loan Manager to offer players in Loan. If and offer come and meet the minimum specifications of the 2nd step settings, then will be accepted. Otherwise, will be rejected. The 3rd step is the risky one, because the DoF (or any background staff) will try to sell or terminate contracts by itself; and not only Loan.

17 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Loan Manager and loans in general is a complex one, and you need to setup correctly to work. That is because the UX is not friendly and need a whole revamp IMHO.

1st Step:

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bcb82a3bf0fada1f316ced7597f9002b.png

2nd Step:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.8c44bb6985ef6098eacfd8af209d7cbc.png

3rd Step (this is tricky one):

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.d719031f910f3c75dbd6205407cb640a.png

4th Step:

- You have to place someone in Development List in order DoF & Loan Manager to offer players in Loan. If and offer come and meet the minimum specifications of the 2nd step settings, then will be accepted. Otherwise, will be rejected. The 3rd step is the risky one, because the DoF (or any background staff) will try to sell or terminate contracts by itself; and not only Loan.

Step 3 also doesn’t work for players you want to loan in your first team, so you either have to drop them down to the reserves (making the player angry) or else give the DOF the ability to sell first team players (no way; this is the lunatic that offered 50% of my wage budget to a backup in his mid 30s).

The other big problem is the loan manager not understanding that 90% of 10k + 100k/ month is a lot more than 100% of 10k.  Since the AI controlled teams are programmed to bargain they usually drop the wage percentage below what is asked thus bamboozling the loan manager who rejects offers that are many times higher than what was asked.

There really isn't anything complex about the interface.

The problem is there is no 'complexity' with regard to the AI. It is completely useless as an automated process because the loan manager doesn't understand he should be negotiating for the best deal. He just accepts or rejects depending on the settings.

6 hours ago, Meanonsunday said:

Step 3 also doesn’t work for players you want to loan in your first team, so you either have to drop them down to the reserves (making the player angry) or else give the DOF the ability to sell first team players (no way; this is the lunatic that offered 50% of my wage budget to a backup in his mid 30s).

The other big problem is the loan manager not understanding that 90% of 10k + 100k/ month is a lot more than 100% of 10k.  Since the AI controlled teams are programmed to bargain they usually drop the wage percentage below what is asked thus bamboozling the loan manager who rejects offers that are many times higher than what was asked.

IMHO, delegating transfers (in & out) to any background staff it is terrible bad idea, but I can understand why someone wants to play the game in this way. That's why I mentioned UX (and not UI as @Kickballz said). I hope FM25 will see a different playgame for this one!